PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag Modern Day...CONTAINS AC3 SPOILERS

Murd3r Claws
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
After the death of Desmond Miles clearly we are in need of a new protaganist for the modern day. After reading a few articles I found out you will be playing as someone who is hired by Abstergo to relive the memories of Edward Kenway, our new pirate protaganist. This makes me wonder a few things and realize others. Clearly Templars are disposible. Warren Vidic and Cross die in AC3 and yet Abstergo are still going. So who took over? What are they planning? This new modern day person...are we playing a Templar? An Assassin? Or just a regular person who has no idea what's going on? Ever since the trailer was "leaked" more and more questions are coming up...and knowing Ubisoft, we'll have to wait til whatever the release date is to find out. ( Some say Oct. 29 others mid November so Idk) I want to hear your thoughts or theories on this. Thanks.

Locopells
03-04-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking low level Templer, who will question Abstergo, as they find more out. They are disposible as long as they aren't vital. Vidic had passed on all his knowledge, so was replaceable, Cross was a loose cannon and, despite all he brought to the order, they were probably glad to be rid of him.

Assasseffect
03-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Yes, very likely it will be a Templar based on the end of AC3. Probably the same one who uploaded Desmond's DNA to the Animus Cloud and is playing ToKW. But he has not said a thing so far. We have ,however, heard from his buddy.

But what does this mean for the old gang? The only way Abstergo could have gotten to live as Desmond's ancestors is if they somehow took DNA from Desmond and managed to use it in a functioning Animus, or maybe their was some data on Rebecca's animus that gave Abstergo access.

We know the Templars found the location of the base from William. Either way, it probably means William, Shawn and Rebecca left Desmond and immediately ran into a group of attacking Templars.

SixKeys
03-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Warren Vidic was just a scientist, not the head of Abstergo. Daniel Cross was in charge of training Templar recruits. Respected, but not terribly high on the ladder. I believe Alan Rikkin is the CEO of Abstergo and we've never even seen him.

As for the new modern day protagonist, they might not be a Templat at all even though they're working for Abstergo. They're working for the Abstergo Entertainment division, for all we know they could know nothing about the assassins vs. Templars war.

Radman500
03-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Daniel Cross was a joke in AC3 i was expecting him be a super bad*** fighter like a final boss for Desmond, but instead you chase him down twice

Murd3r Claws
03-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Daniel Cross was a joke in AC3 i was expecting him be a super bad*** fighter like a final boss for Desmond, but instead you chase him down twice

He was also completely insane. But no one said AC3 story was top-notch

Locopells
03-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Yes, very likely it will be a Templar based on the end of AC3. Probably the same one who uploaded Desmond's DNA to the Animus Cloud and is playing ToKW. But he has not said a thing so far. We have ,however, heard from his buddy.

But what does this mean for the old gang? The only way Abstergo could have gotten to live as Desmond's ancestors is if they somehow took DNA from Desmond and managed to use it in a functioning Animus, or maybe their was some data on Rebecca's animus that gave Abstergo access.

We know the Templars found the location of the base from William. Either way, it probably means William, Shawn and Rebecca left Desmond and immediately ran into a group of attacking Templars.

There's also a picture on AC Initiates which shows Abstergo taking Desmond's body away...

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 10:21 PM
I suspect the protagonist will be someone "searching" Desmond's ancestral memories. I imagine Abstergo would be through them.

Locopells
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
I think they've confirmed that.

Bastiaen
03-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Vidic was just in charge of the Animus project. Alan Rikkin is the grand master. I once put together a list of targets for Desmond to kill, based mostly around AC1 emails.

henne-kei
03-04-2013, 11:05 PM
What about Juno?
Did she not take over the world? Does she still need time in order for her plan to work?
To me, it seems like she needs a PoE, without it she "only" has knowledge. After all she wants to control humanity and that will not work without a PoE, righto?

UrDeviant1
03-04-2013, 11:07 PM
What about Juno?
Did she not take over the world? Does she still need time in order for her plan to work?
To me, it seems like she needs a PoE, without it she "only" has knowledge. After all she wants to control humanity and that will not work without a PoE, righto?

She didn't have a POE in the Temple...

henne-kei
03-04-2013, 11:08 PM
She didn't have a POE in the Temple...

Yeah, I did not say she had one... I said she needs one.

UrDeviant1
03-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I did not say she had one... I said she needs one.

I thought you meant she'd physically have to find one.

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 11:13 PM
For some reason even though they said we play as a Templar I am thinking just as a normal guy. In the IGN one he said you enter the Animus because of Abstergo Entertainment, a sub division of Abstergo. He could have just said you are a Templar...

joey-4321_web
03-04-2013, 11:50 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Juhani_Otso_Berg

Escappa
03-04-2013, 11:58 PM
But if the person IS a templar, knowing about the ongoing war.....pretty risky move to make a templar see the assassin's point of view, maybe he/she will join Miles team? And maybe this someone is an anchestor of Eve?

SorryImSoAce
03-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Erm I completed AC3 but I don't remember Desmond dying... wtf??

Murd3r Claws
03-05-2013, 01:51 AM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Juhani_Otso_Berg

Two things about this...Berg is dead...and technically we have already played as him. Berg is the Templar we play as in ACR MP

mazohystic
03-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Two things about this...Berg is dead...and technically we have already played as him. Berg is the Templar we play as in ACR MP

He's dead??? I clearly missed that memo. Well, there goes one thing I was kind of hoping for in the back of my mind.

joey-4321_web
03-05-2013, 02:15 AM

When did he die? Last place he was in was capturing William miles.

rileypoole1234
03-05-2013, 02:19 AM
What I read on IGN says the player is the modern day protagonist...

Murd3r Claws
03-05-2013, 02:29 AM
He's dead??? I clearly missed that memo. Well, there goes one thing I was kind of hoping for in the back of my mind.

did you even LOOK at the article YOU posted? it shows a pic of Berg caught in an explosion during a raid. But I already knew this bc i read the Desmond Files

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 02:30 AM
did you even LOOK at the article YOU posted? it shows a pic of Berg caught in an explosion during a raid. But I already knew this bc i read the Desmond Files
he didn't die...Berg Survived that blast

Murd3r Claws
03-05-2013, 02:30 AM
What I read on IGN says the player is the modern day protagonist...

Actually just read another article...the modern day protag is you...just like in Liberations...its you...

Murd3r Claws
03-05-2013, 02:31 AM
he didn't die...Berg Survived that blast

u need to reread the Desmond Files then bc he definitely died

mazohystic
03-05-2013, 02:31 AM

I didn't post the article, haha...
Yeah I know about the explosion, but I'm 99% sure he survived it. I also read the Desmond files as well (AC Initiates, right?). I don't remember him dying anywhere.

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 02:33 AM
u need to reread the Desmond Files then bc he definitely died
No he didn't...I`m on Initiates everyday, man..

He survived that blast with a scar..YOU check the Desmond files

joey-4321_web
03-05-2013, 02:58 AM

Agreed sometime afterwords he captured William Miles in Cairo

Murd3r Claws
03-05-2013, 02:58 AM

not like it matters. thats not who we play as.

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 03:01 AM
I never said it matters....Just clarifying...

Murd3r Claws
03-05-2013, 03:09 AM
I never said it matters....Just clarifying...

Thats wonderful. I think its funny how much time you spend on the forum and AC Initiates. Get a life.

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 03:11 AM
Thats wonderful. I think its funny how much time you spend on the forum and AC Initiates. Get a life.
I have one...

But thanks for the advice:)

Are you just mad that you were wrong ?;)

Murd3r Claws
03-05-2013, 03:15 AM
I have one...

But thanks for the advice:)

Are you just mad that you were wrong ?;)

Lol I couldnt care less that I was wrong. All you ever do is piss and moan on this forum all day long. You are the definition of loser

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 03:20 AM
Lol I couldnt care less that I was wrong. All you ever do is piss and moan on this forum all day long. You are the definition of loser
I piss....Yeah..I do that every morning..and I moan....Yup...

Loser..lets see..

Losers usually hate competition because they hate to lose. They avoid being tested because they are more concerned about feeling bad than about building a skill or achieving a goal. Losers make excuses, blame others, confuse their intentions with performance; they are always meaning to do something, but never actually do it. They easily become discouraged, often magnifying the problems and obstacles they face, so they develop the habit of quitting.

Of course, nobody wants to be a loser, so they rationalize and, along the way, embrace the philosophy of losing, a doctrine that comes complete with its own gurus, dogmas, traditions, and even political parties. Losers embrace the convenient and self-validating idea that their lack of success is somebody else’s fault, society’s or “The Man’s” or “The System’s”, or else they blame other targets of slacker nation. After all, what else could explain the world’s failure to recognize the center-of-the universe "specialness" represented by all those gold stars and trophies?

Often, losers develop a finely honed sense of their place and fight hard against letting others try to climb out of it. They find a way to smugly dismiss the values that contribute to winning: Every burnout can tell you how uncool it is for other kids to study hard, practice hard, or work hard. In the central city, academic achievement is sometimes derided as “acting white”; success becomes an act of racial betrayal.

You can always spot the losers: Instead of admiring the success of others, they’re likely to think it’s the result of favoritism, luck, or some other sort of unfair advantage. They are as unwilling to admit somebody else deserves a promotion as they are to admit that they don’t.

I; however, appreciate you following my posts ;)

SorryImSoAce
03-07-2013, 01:36 AM
i say again, I completed AC3 but as far as I remember Desmond didn't die?!? ... I am guessing these are spoilers to more than just AC3 then.

RzaRecta357
03-07-2013, 04:13 AM
I'm expecting us to find out towards the game that something is wrong and we shouldn't be helping the Templars. The guy heading this game is the one that makes sure all continuity stays in check. Liberation was being made in tandem with AC3 and I assume this game.

It ends mentioning Eve's descendant saving humanity from enslavery.

Plus, the games have ALWAYS ended with a Cliffhanger.

EDIT to above guy. Were you not paying attention? They tell him if he touches the ball he's dead. Then he does. Boom.

Eternal Reward
03-07-2013, 04:16 AM
IEDIT to above guy. Were you not paying attention? They tell him if he touches the ball he's dead. Then he does. Boom.

Actually it was more like a very anti-climatic rag-doll animation.

pirate1802
03-07-2013, 04:17 AM
I'm expecting us to find out towards the game that something is wrong and we shouldn't be helping the Templars. The guy heading this game is the one that makes sure all continuity stays in check. Liberation was being made in tandem with AC3 and I assume this game.

It ends mentioning Eve's descendant saving humanity from enslavery.

Plus, the games have ALWAYS ended with a Cliffhanger.

EDIT to above guy. Were you not paying attention? They tell him if he touches the ball he's dead. Then he does. Boom.

Yeah.. haven't seen an AC yet without a cliffhanger, so I'm sure this one will have one too in whatever form.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 06:53 AM
You are a complete Idiot.
First,you argue that Osto Berg died and later when M proved that he is alive with a scar,you say it doesn't matters at all.Think twice before you start an arguement,then loose at it and say it doesn't matters.You should atleast say sorry or something sort of..

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
03-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Guys, please refrain from personal insults.

SorryImSoAce
03-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Guys, please refrain from personal insults.

To be fair it was M15t3r V that was just being a d*ck because he was wrong and started getting all defensive like a child

Thanks for the reply though (@ someone else) I thought it was more of a cliffhanger than him definately dying though, in the way that we may see him again or something... Idk ... thanks for clarifying though.

Assasseffect
03-09-2013, 08:12 PM
I believe we have seen Alan Rikken. At the end of AC1, Vidic, Lucy, and Desmond are talking to a fat guy in a suit with his two bodyguards about the map the Apple showed. If you press the button to change the camera angle you can see him behind the glass in Desmond's Animus room.