PDA

View Full Version : AC4 to be all about the Kenway family

xryanx28
03-04-2013, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrR97lZcIB0

I was listening to this video and the host asks the creative director why the game is AC4 and not AC3 with a sub title and he says that AC4 will be all about the Kenway Saga. He goes on to explain how AC2 was about Ezio and that AC4 will be about the Kenways. To me this sounds like multiply titles with AC4 in it just with different subtitles like ACB and ACR. Maybe a haytham game next. That would be cool.

hupponen
03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
(Spoiler.. kinda)

A game about Haytham? Meh, we already know alot about his life.. And he was a templar, then the game would be templars creed :D

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Maybe different Kenways?

Connor's children/grandchildren for example. (I dare not hope for Connor yet).

xryanx28
03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Maybe different Kenways?

Connor's children/grandchildren for example. (I dare not hope for Connor yet).

That would be amazing. I have a feeling there will be multiply AC4 games.

rupok2
03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Maybe at the end we play as haytham for a bit.

Sushiglutton
03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
It smells like in the third game we will start as Edward returning to London. Then after a couple of segments, we play as Haytham. That would mean the family saga would go full circle and London is obv a very, very cool city.

Crouching.Tiger
03-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Well, I have no doubt Black Flag will be awesome, but I think they would be insane or stupid to not have Connor meddle in the French Revolution.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Sounds like we might get to meet/play Haythams dad.

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 04:54 PM
I still don't get the numbered title, though. Why a four? Why not just Black Flag? Connor is a Kenway, he already began the "saga", why not complete this Kenway-saga and THEN make a massive four with someone totally new? Announcing a four so early makes the big response for the numbered titles in AC a lot weaker.. IMO, at least.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I still don't get the numbered title, though. Why a four? Why not just Black Flag? Connor is a Kenway, he already began the "saga", why not complete this Kenway-saga and THEN make a massive four with someone totally new? Announcing a four so early makes the big response for the numbered titles in AC a lot weaker.. IMO, at least.

Maybe. I think people would be even more upset about Connor not be the protagonist then.

And maybe this won't actually cover Connor.

rupok2

Numbered title means new character.

AltairCBM
Maybe one of the next games will include Eddy, Hay Hay, and Connor? Seems weird to have a numbered title have a subtitle unless they were planning more sequels. Maybe we see all three Kenways in London and Paris. Eddy - after AC4, Haytham - Forsaken/some new story, Connor - French Revolution? Doubtful but that would be the best game ever.

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 04:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrR97lZcIB0

I was listening to this video and the host asks the creative director why the game is AC4 and not AC3 with a sub title and he says that AC4 will be all about the Kenway Saga. He goes on to explain how AC2 was about Ezio and that AC4 will be about the Kenways. To me this sounds like multiply titles with AC4 in it just with different subtitles like ACB and ACR. Maybe a haytham game next. That would be cool.

Well the only kenways we know off is Haytham, Connor, Edward, Jenny and their mother ( Edwards wife ) unless the game introduces us to other family members ?

Dont forget Black Flags was set before the events of AC3 so i would be inclined to say that if ubi do another Assassins Creed Game it would not feature the Kenways , as AC3 and AC4 have told all there is to tell about the Kenways

AjinkyaParuleka
03-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Does that means....another Connor game?Mi veri heppi.

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Numbered title means new character.

Yeah, I get that. But they said that the four is all about the "Kenway saga", which in my ears is more Kenways = different characters. If not all of the games in this saga gonna be about Edward... but that would be totally weird.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 05:06 PM

In my opinion, a new character and the presence of multiple cities justify the number. I view the titled games as single city and/or returning character ones.

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Well the only kenways we know off is Haytham, Connor, Edward, Jenny and their mother ( Edwards wife ) unless the game introduces us to other family members ?

Dont forget Black Flags was set before the events of AC3 so i would be inclined to say that if ubi do another Assassins Creed Game it would not feature the Kenways , as AC3 and AC4 have told all there is to tell about the Kenways
Apart from Connor's (which I'd prefer), Jenny's children/grandchildren could be very possible, too. Do we know anything about Jenny?

Sushiglutton
03-04-2013, 05:11 PM
We also have Liberation. A new gamed called 3 and then a subtitle would have caused confusion. I think Ubi did a smart move all things considered. However the name of the game is like 0.000000000001% of the overall experience.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e1/Assassin's_Creed_III_Liberation_Cover_Art.jpg

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Isn't Eddy talked about in one of those leaked audio files for the Tyranny of King Washington?

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Apart from Connor's (which I'd prefer), Jenny's children/grandchildren could be very possible, too. Do we know anything about Jenny?

The only thing we know is Jenny was Kidnapped on the Night of Edwards Murder ( SPOILER ) by the Templars and a young Haytham Kenway and Reginald Birch set of to Europe to find her from which they never did but an interesting thing was Jenny was kidnapped because she knew something about her father.

FirestarLuva
03-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Really hope the next game features Connor. Maybe AC4 Black Flags will be about Edward and the next one about Connor (even though I love Haytham, we already know about his story in Forsaken).
Maybe Alex, Corey are already working on the next Connor game in 2014. Hope we really do get more Connor.

poptartz20
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
The only thing we know is Jenny was Kidnapped on the Night of Edwards Murder ( SPOILER ) by the Templars and a young Haytham Kenway and Reginald Birch set of to Europe to find her from which they never did but an interesting thing was Jenny was kidnapped because she knew something about her father.

Haytham found here years later in (1757) Damascus. After he rescued her from slave traders she went back to Queen Anne's Square back in England. Where we were told she more thank likely lived out her life as a spinster.

LieutenantJojo
03-04-2013, 08:53 PM

If we continue to dig into Desmond's memories, than Jenny or her descendants aren't possible, since she's not his ancestor.

Assassin_Banana
03-04-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't understand the change in the numbered game ethier. Maybe no Connor after all because he didn't took his father's surname? Besides what setting can they do after Edward's. London?

jenyto
03-04-2013, 09:30 PM

By the time Jenny was released, I think she was well into her 40s. No info on if she made any babies while a concubine.

Escappa
03-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Can there be more Kenways we haven't heard of?

(The answer is yes)

itsamea-mario
03-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Can't really imagine a game purely about Haytham. It is called "Assassins" Creed after all.

jenyto
03-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Can't really imagine a game purely about Haytham. It is called "Assassins" Creed after all.
the book pretty much covered it, so I doubt it ya

Apirka
03-04-2013, 11:18 PM
With some luck they've realized that Forsaken is a piece of... Well, I shan't say, that wouldn't be polite. But I very much doubt it. Jenny/Connor/either one's child seems more likely.

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 11:28 PM
With some luck they've realized that Forsaken is a piece of...
Maybe they will forsake it!

http://static.tumblr.com/wcmqxf5/lY3lo4n3z/lee_adorable_laugh_gif.gif

Oh I'm hilarious... I know!

Megas_Doux
03-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Isn't Eddy talked about in one of those leaked audio files for the Tyranny of King Washington?

Aye

https://soundcloud.com/arabian-princess/edward-kenway

LieutenantJojo
03-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Maybe they will forsake it!

http://static.tumblr.com/wcmqxf5/lY3lo4n3z/lee_adorable_laugh_gif.gif

Oh I'm hilarious... I know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMxHBfPQgtE

blackleox
03-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Did anyone think that maybe Haythem had a brother? He did say in the game he was caught and indoctrinated into the Templar movement. I mean the main character did die (supposedly) at the end of AC3 and there have been many hints that there are other assassins out there, maybe a long lost cousin or other. You never know what the Devs are thinking......

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Did anyone think that maybe Haythem had a brother? He did say in the game he was caught and indoctrinated into the Templar movement. I mean the main character did die (supposedly) at the end of AC3 and there have been many hints that there are other assassins out there, maybe a long lost cousin or other. You never know what the Devs are thinking......
Not that what we know of..Not to mention that`d be so stupid...

stupider than the convenient "Oh wait you need another to key to actually enter temple.sorry"

blackleox
03-05-2013, 01:16 AM

stupider than the convenient "Oh wait you need another to key to actually enter temple.sorry"

YOU did play the last installment of this series right? Other then the game play most of the story was disappointing. AND yes at one point Haythem did say "oh i guess i need another key" but not in so many words.....

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 01:20 AM
YOU did play the last installment of this series right? Other then the game play most of the story was disappointing. AND yes at one point Haythem did say "oh i guess i need another key" but not in so many words.....
Alright...Alright..It seems you`re trying to tell me something important here..

Yes I played AC III and I disagree that the story was disappointing. Now my question, When did Haytham say that ? and what does that have to do with a lost relative ??

NvmberFiveUA
03-05-2013, 03:04 AM
It smells like in the third game we will start as Edward returning to London. Then after a couple of segments, we play as Haytham. That would mean the family saga would go full circle and London is obv a very, very cool city.

London is amazing. The only thing more amazing than London is Old Victorian London.

BATISTABUS
03-05-2013, 03:21 AM
The reason they call it AC4 is because there's a new Assassin. The reason they slapped Black Flag on there was so that people knew that his was an open world pirate game and might be interested in checking it out if they weren't already AC fans.

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 03:26 AM

Not necessarily... We know Edward was promiscuous when he was in the Caribbean. He could have fathered many children long before Haytham, without even knowing it. That's what happened with Clay's "Ezio-offspring" ancestor.

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Not necessarily... We know Edward was promiscuous when he was in the Caribbean. He could have fathered many children long before Haytham, without even knowing it. That's what happened with Clay's "Ezio-offspring" ancestor.
That`s why I said it`d be stupid....It`s already overdone "I`m your lost brother" AND it was already done with Ezio...

Alright spare me...Pirates had protected sex...it`s 1715 >_>

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 03:31 AM
That`s why I said it`d be stupid....It`s already overdone "I`m your lost brother" AND it was already done with Ezio...

Alright spare me...Pirates had protected sex...it`s 1715 >_>

It would only be stupid if he turned back up and revealed himself to Haytham in a big "AHA! I'M YOUR SECRET BROTHER"! moment. If they just said at the start of the game that we were playing as a descendant of Edward who wasn't descended from Haytham or Jenny without making a big plot twist out of it, I'd be fine with it.

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 03:31 AM
It would only be stupid if he turned back up and revealed himself to Haytham in a big "AHA! I'M YOUR SECRET BROTHER"! moment. If they just said at the start of the game that we were playing as a descendant of Edward who wasn't descended from Haytham or Jenny without making a big plot twist out of it, I'd be fine with it.
I guess I would be too...

blackleox
03-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Alright...Alright..It seems you`re trying to tell me something important here..

Yes I played AC III and I disagree that the story was disappointing. Now my question, When did Haytham say that ? and what does that have to do with a lost relative ??

No im not talking about any key being any realation to a long lost family member. all im saying is if Haythem MAY of had a brother or another son... we dont know what happen from the time he left england or the time after we found out he was a templar till he sees Conner for the first time. Theres a lot of possibilities that the dev have to go off of. Being that they possibly killed off Desmond, the only other choice would be to go off Desmonds distant cousin from Haythems period. Hope i made that understandable.

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 07:54 PM
No im not talking about any key being any realation to a long lost family member. all im saying is if Haythem MAY of had a brother or another son... we dont know what happen from the time he left england or the time after we found out he was a templar till he sees Conner for the first time. Theres a lot of possibilities that the dev have to go off of. Being that they possibly killed off Desmond, the only other choice would be to go off Desmonds distant cousin from Haythems period. Hope i made that understandable.
The novel tells about Haytham`s time. it`s his Diary. So that`s gone and said that Connor IS his only son..

As for Edward, we`ll see, but if it goes the route "I`m YOUR LOST BROTHER" i think it`d be stupid

blackleox
03-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Very rarely does movies or games take after books word for word..... look at any super hero movie or even the devinci code movies..... they are "adaptations"

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Very rarely does movies or games take after books word for word..... look at any super hero movie or even the devinci code movies..... they are "adaptations"
Not the AC novels. The games and Novels have been mostly faithful to each other...changing only minor things, but never anything major...like Haytham having a secret son or daughter..

blackleox
03-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Ah i see... at any rate its been reported AC4 has the same last name so its ether his dad or brother... your choice

Assassin_M
03-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Ah i see... at any rate its been reported AC4 has the same last name so its ether his dad or brother... your choice
I don't understand xD

LieutenantJojo
03-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't understand xD

Yeah, me neither. :confused:

Edward is Haytham's father. I thought everyone knew that already?