PDA

View Full Version : Huge ac4: Black flag info!!!! Oh my god spoilers

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I KNEW IT!!!! I knew that this game would be the one to save the series. Ubisoft released a ton of new info that made me smile. They have reflected on their mistakes and have introduced some brand new features that sound great!!!!!!! Here they are!

1. Biggest world yet. 3 Main cities of Havana, which will be like AC2's florence, Kingston, which is like boston, with open tobacco fiields and wide streets, and Nassau, which is the most "piratey" city in the game, whatever that means. Over 50 locations to travel to on your boat, which include islands, treaure coves, forts, fishing villages, camps, mayan ruins, towns, and vast wildernesses.

2. Naval Freeroaming!!!!!!!!! You can do whatever the hell you want. You can find random boats, and decide whether or not to raid them, based on their gold and RUM SUPPLY. you can now board boats as you wish. Enemy ships will vary in type and size, and will employ various strategies, and will be smarter than in AC3.

3. Detailed ocean blue. Complete with diving and underwater treasure and ruins, and animals like sharks and whales that you can hunt for resources.

4. FEW LOADING SCREENS. There may be a few missions, but mostly, it is a huge open world. You can be in a city, climb on your boat which is docked there, and sail out into the sea without a loading screen. FUUUUUUTTTTTUUUUURRRRREEEEE.

5. Your ship is awesome. It is called the Jackdaw, and it has twice the amount of weapons as the auila. It can have up to 50 cannons and 26 sails. It can be upgraded more extensively than in AC3.

6. A new "guild system". No more assassin recruits. Now, you travel to towns and islands and recruit people to be in your crew after saving them from thugs or pirates, or aiding them in side missions. They follow you when you board ships, and can be upgraded, and killed. They are expendable, and the game challenges you to build up the most fearsome crew in the Carribean.

7. You will feel like an assassin again. They speciffically talk about how in this game, you will have more choices on how to complete a mission, and that there will be greater emphasis on assassinations. There will be more assassinations than in AC1. Complete with many more historical figures to kill and team up with.

8. Random events. They occur in cities and even at sea. You climb up to the top of your ship, take out your spyglass, and you can see many random events that unfold around you that you can deal with. Similar to Red Dead Redemption missions.!!!!!!!!! I AM FREAKING OUT. There are a variety of enemies to take on in the ocean, like privateers, pirates, supply ships, and even military navy ships. Hunting returns in the form of land hunting on islands or in the ocean.

9. A better navl battle system. Naval battle has been improved, but they wont say how exactly.

10. The modern day story is returning but SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER you play as a member of the abstergo entertainment crew. It is unkown if Willaim and the crew will return, or what part the modern story will play.

It is unconfirmed whether they will improve on steath mechanics, enemy AI, or crafting system, but it is persumed that they are being worked on. I'm also sure that ambient music will return.

I am actually very excited about this game. I was wary at first after AC3, but no, I am genuinely excitied!!!!! I hope you liked this thread, please comment and participate in the forum.

Here is the link of the page I got the info from:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-04-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-preview-how-ubisoft-plans-to-hook-you-back-in

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Random events huh?

Now, where have we heard that before.....

Megas_Doux
03-04-2013, 04:46 PM
I really wish to believed ALL the hype - AC3 remains my favorite though- however the frozen lakes, the canoes and random events tell me NOT to.....

deskp
03-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Random events huh?

Now, where have we heard that before.....

Didnt those turn into the missions you needed to do for the assassin recruits?

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Didnt those turn into the missions you needed to do for the assassin recruits?

In AC3 there was suppose to be random events that you would fall upon.

Basically the few that did exist where lame, and rare.

I dunno if recruits are suppose to be like that or not. In AC3, since their named and can't die I don't think they were.

Wolfmeister1010
03-04-2013, 04:59 PM
They cancelled random events in ac3 because of "time constraints," and now they have time. It is understandable to be wary, but don't give up all hope just yet

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-05-2013, 02:42 AM
I was already hyped but now I'm ecstatic!

5. Your ship is awesome. It is called the Jackdaw, and it has twice the amount of weapons as the auila. It can have up to 50 cannons and 26 sails. It can be upgraded more extensively than in AC3.

O_O, Holy ****!

UrDeviant1
03-05-2013, 02:49 AM
If you were very weary after AC3, why aren't you anymore?

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 02:50 AM
56 cannons*

k4Anarky2011
03-05-2013, 02:51 AM
I'm just so childishly excited right now I can't even describe it, mostly because I get a ***** at pretty much EVERYTHING pirate-related. Now Assassin's Creed is terrorizing the sea oh my god I think I'm going to faintttt...

I'm gonna rope dart mofos and drag them behind the stern and piss on their corpses!! YARRHARHARHAR!!!!!!! ;)

IronEagl3
03-05-2013, 02:54 AM
I am actually very overwhelmed. Thinking of the all the treasures, caves, secret areas, Mayan ruins, Island exploring, underwater diving, random events in cities AND in the ocean, makes me feel this. It's so much to do, and I feel like I'll have to finish it all at once to continue on any further into the game. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for me.

Rugterwyper32
03-05-2013, 02:55 AM
I'm actually pretty **** hyped for this. I know I should be careful with my expectations, but what is being promised here doesn't sound close to as overblown as AC3 where it was almost obvious they were aiming way too high. And after seeing random events making their way into TokW, it gives me more hope. So yes, count me into the hype train.

I mean, I survived Sonic 06, so no disappointment could ever get close to that. Never again.

Murd3r Claws
03-05-2013, 03:04 AM
I KNEW IT!!!! I knew that this game would be the one to save the series. Ubisoft released a ton of new info that made me smile. They have reflected on their mistakes and have introduced some brand new features that sound great!!!!!!! Here they are!

1. Biggest world yet. 3 Main cities of Havana, which will be like AC2's florence, Kingston, which is like boston, with open tobacco fiields and wide streets, and Nassau, which is the most "piratey" city in the game, whatever that means. Over 50 locations to travel to on your boat, which include islands, treaure coves, forts, fishing villages, camps, mayan ruins, towns, and vast wildernesses.

2. Naval Freeroaming!!!!!!!!! You can do whatever the hell you want. You can find random boats, and decide whether or not to raid them, based on their gold and RUM SUPPLY. you can now board boats as you wish. Enemy ships will vary in type and size, and will employ various strategies, and will be smarter than in AC3.

3. Detailed ocean blue. Complete with diving and underwater treasure and ruins, and animals like sharks and whales that you can hunt for resources.

4. FEW LOADING SCREENS. There may be a few missions, but mostly, it is a huge open world. You can be in a city, climb on your boat which is docked there, and sail out into the sea without a loading screen. FUUUUUUTTTTTUUUUURRRRREEEEE.

6. A new "guild system". No more assassin recruits. Now, you travel to towns and islands and recruit people to be in your crew after saving them from thugs or pirates, or aiding them in side missions. They follow you when you board ships, and can be upgraded, and killed. They are expendable, and the game challenges you to build up the most fearsome crew in the Carribean.

7. You will feel like an assassin again. They speciffically talk about how in this game, you will have more choices on how to complete a mission, and that there will be greater emphasis on assassinations. There will be more assassinations than in AC1. Complete with many more historical figures to kill and team up with.

8. Random events. They occur in cities and even at sea. You climb up to the top of your ship, take out your spyglass, and you can see many random events that unfold around you that you can deal with. Similar to Red Dead Redemption missions.!!!!!!!!! I AM FREAKING OUT. There are a variety of enemies to take on in the ocean, like privateers, pirates, supply ships, and even military navy ships. Hunting returns in the form of land hunting on islands or in the ocean.

9. A better navl battle system. Naval battle has been improved, but they wont say how exactly.

10. The modern day story is returning but SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER you play as a member of the abstergo entertainment crew. It is unkown if Willaim and the crew will return, or what part the modern story will play.

It is unconfirmed whether they will improve on steath mechanics, enemy AI, or crafting system, but it is persumed that they are being worked on. I'm also sure that ambient music will return.

I am actually very excited about this game. I was wary at first after AC3, but no, I am genuinely excitied!!!!! I hope you liked this thread, please comment and participate in the forum.

Here is the link of the page I got the info from:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-04-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-preview-how-ubisoft-plans-to-hook-you-back-in

OMG FARCRY 3 SOUNDS AWESOME! :D wait...AC4? BRAND NEW MY ***