PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Press Event

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Acording to http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/microsoft-to-spill-xbox-720-beans-this-week/0111783 Microsoft will be revealing details about the New Xbox 720.

Now as ubi have said that AC4 will be on all next gen systems i am very interested to see what special features they will have planned for the XBOX versions of the game ?

If this is the case then i will await pre ordering the game till the xbox 720 is launched .

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Sony and Ubi have a little something something going on. Firstly AC4 will not be shown at the event (if you were wondering) because of that reason. Secondly, it depends on the controller... PS4 is getting some touch pad support and move support I am guessing as it is on the controller and I believe this has been confirmed. Unless Microsofts controller has something cool on it I doubt there will be any feature. Then again who uses that stuff anyway.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Are you not going to look into both the PS4 and 720 consoles and their respective features, launch titles etc before purchasing one or the other?

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Sony and Ubi have a little something something going on. Firstly AC4 will not be shown at the event (if you were wondering) because of that reason. Secondly, it depends on the controller... PS4 is getting some touch pad support and move support I am guessing as it is on the controller and I believe this has been confirmed. Unless Microsofts controller has something cool on it I doubt there will be any feature. Then again who uses that stuff anyway.

Yeah i have noticed that sony like receiving **** love from publishers !! this was the same when Mortal Kombat was released back in 2011 Playstation got the demo and an extra fighter xbox got zilch !! but then again after looking at the PS4 website there is not much difference between the PS3 other than more ram and the control paid has a facebook share button which is not a killer deal if you ask me. but back on topic if its the touch pad then thats a sore reason for glossing sonys *** !!

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
*sigh*

I hate it when Xbox gets shafted. Even though it happens to pretty much everyone. Left CoD shaft Xbox, I want full AC content!

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
*sigh*

I hate it when Xbox gets shafted. Even though it happens to pretty much everyone. Left CoD shaft Xbox, I want full AC content!

I will still be remaining loyal to xbox regardless of the bad karma that was ultimately the fault of Call of Duty !

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I will still be remaining loyal to xbox regardless of the bad karma that was ultimately the fault of Call of Duty !

Halo4Ever

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Am i the only one that hated Halo !! call of duty died after Modern Warfare 2 ( in my eyes anyway ) i just hope that ubi have something unique planned for xbox when Assassins Creed games are launched in the future.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Am i the only one that hated Halo !!

Heresy!

Seriously though, its just preference for me.

call of duty died after Modern Warfare 2 ( in my eyes anyway ) i just hope that ubi have something unique planned for xbox when Assassins Creed games are launched in the future.

CoD died when the only changes made to the game every year is they swap out the overpowered and underpowered weaponry.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 04:01 PM

As I said, which you seemed to ignore, are you not going to look at both the PS4 and 720 before buying one? Already making a decision now is pretty stupid, and it's showing blind faith in a product/brand.

I also wouldn't get your hopes up for the 720, the rumoured specs for the PS4 were spot on, and the same source says that the 720's are very inferior. Add that to the fact that the 720 is heavily rumoured to be blocking all pre owned games and you have yourselves a console that is trying it's best to destroy gaming. Shame, because I actually thought the 360 was a great console at times :/

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
As I said, which you seemed to ignore, are you not going to look at both the PS4 and 720 before buying one? Already making a decision now is pretty stupid, and it's showing blind faith in a product/brand.

I also wouldn't get your hopes up for the 720, the rumoured specs for the PS4 were spot on, and the same source says that the 720's are very inferior. Add that to the fact that the 720 is heavily rumoured to be blocking all pre owned games and you have yourselves a console that is trying it's best to destroy gaming. Shame, because I actually thought the 360 was a great console at times :/

Its just personal preference for me i dont like playstation thats it ! , i prefer xbox hands down but i am not gonna sit spout biased comments because i am unfavourable to one, i have always has xbox since the first console and i am not changing now.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Okay, your choice :) I just think that's a bit silly as PS4 could potentially blow the 720 out of the water, be cheaper and have better games, and in that case there would be no contest in which console to get.

I have always owned PlayStation's, but I can safely say that if the 720 was to look far superior to the PS4 and be around about the same price point, I would jump ship. Brand loyalty is one thing but you also want to get the best product possible with your money.

Krayus Korianis
03-04-2013, 04:40 PM
PC is better... Numbnuts you are for thinking otherwise.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 04:49 PM
PC is better... Numbnuts you are for thinking otherwise.

Indeed it is. But PC very rarely has games optimised for them, as consoles are the market majority. Also it's a haven for piracy, hence DRM and games being released months later. Unfortunately the PC platform is neglected by most developers/publishers, and it will continue to be for a long time into the future. Apart from the minority of developers who put more effort into their PC title. It really isn't a big enough platform to justify the amount of money that needs to be spend on it.

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Man this is so stupid. This is what my AC collecting is going like so far.

PS3

AC1
AC2
AC:B
AC3 (Exclusive Content)

Xbox (when I finally got one)

AC:R
AC3

Now its gonna be

PS4

AC4

HOW RIDICULOUS IS MY COLLECTION

montagemik
03-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Are you not going to look into both the PS4 and 720 consoles and their respective features, launch titles etc before purchasing one or the other?

Nope - I started originally with PS2 & X-Box , Then PS3 on launchday , also picked up a 360 a year later , kept the 360 8 months & never touched it since. I carried on with PS3 instead.

PS4 already pre-ordered , Doesn't matter to me what Microsoft is offering, I'll stay with my choice.

Gi1t
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
About time. Interested to see what they have.

For me, backwards compatibility is a major factor though. Part of the responsibility and the value of newer consoles is keeping those old games going by playing them as well. If it can't do that, then that's a lot of value lost. I'll look at M$ first, since I have a lot of Xbox games and none for the other consoles, but if they were to not support that feature, I'd have to seriously consider looking elewhere, (assuming either Nintendo or Sony DID support it). It might be an opportunity to own copies of some games I've always wanted to own. (Sony would be last on my list to be honest. I have, for whatever reason, never found their major exclusives all that interesting.)

xx-pyro
03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
People buy consoles (a pretty **** large investment) without information first? The XBOX isn't even announced and people are buying it over the PS4? I've been a Playstation user since the first, but if the XBOX is honestly better this generation that's what I'll be picking up. Stop being sheeple and use your heads please.

Rugterwyper32
03-05-2013, 10:09 PM
I will stick with the nextbox, probably. I've never owned a Sony console, not planning on starting now with the PS4 which from what I gathered from the presentation didn't impress me much at all. Even if it had, I wouldn't have gotten it unless the controller had a huge overhaul. I don't know why, but I just hate the dualshock. I can't stand that controller.
I tend to go Nintendo for first party games, and last gen I went Xbox360 for third party games, and I'll probably do the same this gen. The no used games turned out to be false for the PS4, chances are it will for the nextbox. Microsoft can be stupid, but I doubt they're that stupid. So yeah. Specs not being as big as PS4 doesn't really matter much to me if the price ends up being better.