PDA

View Full Version : I have changed my mind about AC4, here is why I am excited!

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
So I hate trailers as they never really depict the final game at all, however gathering information from various places has made me quiet excited, here are most of them!

1. They said they don't want people seeing this as a sea game with land elements and that its just one whole thing. To me this is good, as that is kinda what I saw it as. I knew that there would be buildings obviously, but thought they were focusing on the sea, which they are not :D

2. No loading times (or at least very few), E.G you are on a boat, see an island, and can swim there without loading times. I think this is great as it keeps the immersion of being in the actual world.

3. Edward is very customisable. This ranges from weapons but also clothing. I guess this was kind of obvious. You start the game with one pistol and upgrade apparently so I guess that you can't spam with guns straight away :P

4. They acknowledge people liked AC1's approach to targets and are using that ideology again. All I can say is **** YEAH! Hopefully this means more investigating to find out stuff about your targets instead of just "kill him!". It has also been stated that objectives are way more simple and understandable, but up to you how you tackle them.

5. 60% Land Missions 40% naval. I am hoping for a MASSIVE game based on this. If it's a short game (which I doubt but anyway...) then it might as well be 50/50. But I am glad that both land and Naval are getting a nice split, with land taking the lead (my opinion).

6. Focusing more on stealth elements. Once again, **** YEAH! After AC2 I felt way too powerful so felt no need for stealth. Hopefully they reward you in a way for stealth. maybe the 100% syncs? Either do 2 things to get the 100% or do it all stealthy to get the 100%. That way it can cater for the stealth audience properly.

7. PS4 version is going to have extra enhancements! Better lighting, Physics and graphics! I am really happy about this as there were rumours that it was being ported up. However it is confirmed that every version of the game will have its own cool elements e.g the Wii Gamepad and the PS4's touchscreen controller.

So yeah, that is basically nearly everything I wanted in an AC game since AC1 anyway! I hope they keep to what they are saying about going back to the ideology of AC1 as It was the most Assassin like game out of all 5 of the console releases. I do wonder though, can you use a bottle and a sword in combat like in the trailer? :P

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 02:42 PM
4. They acknowledge people liked AC1's approach to targets and are using that ideology again. All I can say is **** YEAH! Hopefully this means more investigating to find out stuff about your targets instead of just "kill him!". It has also been stated that objectives are way more simple and understandable, but up to you how you tackle them.
P

This is what I really liked too! I was literally saying "thank you" out loud when he said that, haha. Been waiting for this to come back.

Not having this same ideaology concerning targets was also the main reason I didn't grew that happy about AC2 when I first played itf. It made it so not... assassin-like.
Yup. I'm really happy they're taking it back. :D

Soulid_Snake
03-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Does sound exciting, but the same could be said for AC3, and look how that turned out. This has shades of AC2 written all over it, if done right.

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I love the idea of the No loading times amongs other things the game is going to boast, its going to be amazing.

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 02:48 PM
With AC3 I can't remember them talking about any of this stuff haha. If they stay true to the above they could have an amazing game that makes you feel like an Assassin in a real open world instead of a powerhouse that just plows through everything and is restricted by horrible 100% sync stupidness.

UrDeviant1
03-04-2013, 02:51 PM
We'll see how well these things are implemented come November 1st. It does sound promising though!

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 02:52 PM
We'll see how well these things are implemented come November 1st. It does sound promising though!

Not gonna lie as soon as they said they were looking back at AC1 and wanting to add more stealth I got excited.

ProletariatPleb
03-04-2013, 02:54 PM
The main reason I'm excited is 4, 6 and that they're cutting all the excessive BS that was padded on top of AC which is completely unnecessary and tacked on to create "annual sequels".

Kirokill
03-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Can never have enough of customization! WOO and more stealth = More awesomeness :)

shobhit7777777
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll agree

Apparently our *****ing about the mission design, poor stealth and ******ed AI has made an impact. Lets see how it actually pans out...but for now colour me 'excited'.

We win..I guess.

henne-kei
03-04-2013, 03:18 PM

I am happy as long as we do have to do some strange trials like beat me in a race, wuahahaha

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:20 PM
I am happy as long as we do have to do some strange trials like beat me in a race, wuahahaha

I see what you did there.......I did not like it.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I see what you did there.......I did not like it.

Seems like you didn't get your shovel beatdown demo..

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Seems like you didn't get your shovel beatdown demo..

Yes....they failed to do that.

I'm going to have to have a....discussion with Ubisoft....

itsamea-mario
03-04-2013, 03:31 PM
At the moment all these are just words.
However it does show what they mean to do, and what they mean to do sounds very promising.

The fact that they mentioned the AC1 thing means they've noticed it, which is a good thing unto itself.

yiddo93
03-04-2013, 03:38 PM
6. Focusing more on stealth elements. Once again, **** YEAH! After AC2 I felt way too powerful so felt no need for stealth. Hopefully they reward you in a way for stealth. maybe the 100% syncs? Either do 2 things to get the 100% or do it all stealthy to get the 100%. That way it can cater for the stealth audience properly.

I am glad they are doing this, but your suggestion of doing the 100% sync by either sticking to two set objectives or by being stealthy is unlikely to ever happen imo, but I would like it too!

I was initially dissapointed when I first heard about the game, but after some details have been released I'm starting to get a little excited for the game.

Something AC needs is a proper cover system, where you can crouch behind cover to spy, eavesdrop etc, and also maybe like Hitman: Absolutions where if you have a throwing knife out (or any throwable object really) you can throw it at the target from behind cover.

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
40% naval and 60% land. You have to travel from port to port. Isn't that a LOT of naval??

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I've just read it's 40% naval and 60% land. You have to travel from port to port. Isn't that a lot of naval??

I imagine there will be a lot of ship battles, freeing ports, ect.

Should be cool, if they do it well.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
40% naval and 60% land. You have to travel from port to port. Isn't that a LOT of naval??

It means the division between naval and land-based missions, not the actual time.

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
It means the division between naval and land-based missions, not the actual time.
Hmm... Still...
If it's done well though... great.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Hmm... Still...
If it's done well though... great.

Well, it will probably involve ships blowing the snot out of each other, explosions, maybe close range on-ship fights, hopefully bombarding ports to capture them, shovel beat downs, and lots of sexy jumps by Edward.

How could they mess that up?

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Well, it will probably involve ships blowing the snot out of each other, explosions, maybe close range on-ship fights, hopefully bombarding ports to capture them, shovel beat downs, and lots of sexy jumps by Edward.

How could they mess that up?
You got me with sexy jumps. :p I'm buying this.

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
You got me with sexy jumps. :p I'm buying this.

Poor M.. He lost a comrade.

ACfan443
03-04-2013, 04:26 PM
I would keep your excitement to a minimum, they tend to exaggerate and lie. Better to be cynical and pleasantly surprised than to be hyped and disappointed.

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Poor M.. He lost a comrade.
Oh don't get me wrong... I will hate myself while playing it. lol

shobhit7777777
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM

lol why?

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 04:31 PM

What is this.. I don't even..

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 04:32 PM
lol why?
For succumbing of course. lol

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:34 PM

*sigh*

Tell me, do you condone murdering innocent guards and people?

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 04:38 PM
*sigh*

Tell me, do you condone murdering innocent guards and people?
Yes!!

haha! gotya there.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Yes!!

haha! gotya there.

Mk, so why do yo feel guilty about sleeping with a couple girls in a videogame?

After all, they seem to enjoy it.

:p

My point was is simply because you don't like some things in a game isn't a reason to hate it. And it's very historically accurate. Pirates were know for......enjoying the company of woman. Though I would bet my lucky snorkel that one of the famous female pirates will be a character.

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Mk, so why do yo feel guilty about sleeping with a couple girls in a videogame?

After all, they seem to enjoy it.

:p

My point was is simply because you don't like some things in a game isn't a reason to hate it. And it's very historically accurate. Pirates were know for......enjoying the company of woman. Though I would bet my lucky snorkel that one of the famous female pirates will be a character.
Answer: I'm not male. lol

rupok2
03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
What they say and what they do are always different. Don't fall into the trap of the hype train again. We got alot of empty promises that never delivered in past games too.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Answer: I'm not male. lol

I know that. I'm just pointing out how it would be historically inaccurate not to have that, and that I doubt they'll press it that hard.

Heck, I totally disagreed with a ton of AC morals and points, like how chaos > order as long as people are free, and I am not a fan of the sexualizing of woman in videogames. HOWEVER, simply boycotting it isn't gonna do anything.

Basically, I totally get your point, but I feel like you should just enjoy the game.

And hey, since your female, Edward will be that much more awesome for you. :D

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
I know that. I'm just pointing out how it would be historically inaccurate not to have that, and that I doubt they'll press it that hard.

Heck, I totally disagreed with a ton of AC morals and points, like how chaos > order as long as people are free, and I am not a fan of the sexualizing of woman in videogames. HOWEVER, simply boycotting it isn't gonna do anything.

Basically, I totally get your point, but I feel like you should just enjoy the game.

haha! Yes, I'm counting on the underwater swimming scenes now. :D

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:50 PM
haha! Yes, I'm counting on the underwater swimming scenes now. :D

I dread what Tumblr is gonna say about Edward after what they said about the mere presence of Connor's nipples....

*shudders*

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 04:53 PM
I dread what Tumblr is gonna say about Edward after what they said about the mere presence of Connor's nipples....

*shudders*
It's gonna get worse. ahaha!! There's already talk about his butt-cheeks (which is weird since I haven't seen them, yet. O_o)
Also, how much they want *cough*FoursomeWithAllTheKenways*cough*

:D

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 04:54 PM
It's gonna get worse. ahaha!! There's already talk about his butt-cheeks (which is weird since I haven't seen them, yet. O_o)

What have we done.....

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 04:59 PM

Now, now, why would he be more awesome just because we're females? :rolleyes:

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Now, now, why would he be more awesome just because we're females? :rolleyes:

Isn't it obvious? Because woman like it when a pirate stabs someone more than men.

Men like Doritos.

Em-Man
03-04-2013, 05:09 PM

Great news. With that mindset, the series might not be doomed after all.

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Isn't it obvious? Because woman like it when a pirate stabs someone more than men.

Men like Doritos.

So we're more brutal, in other words? I'll roll with that. :cool:

Yeeaahhh. And we like chocolate.

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 05:12 PM
I just hope they stick to what they are saying. So many things in past games that were awesome were taken out. But as Mario said, the fact that they acknowledge AC1's existance is prolly good thing :D

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 05:14 PM

:eek:

Radman500
03-04-2013, 05:15 PM
it seems like more custimization of edward and our jackdaw...

sounds sweet

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 05:16 PM
it seems like more custimization of edward and our jackdaw...

sounds sweet

I want more clothing colours and I also want to take things off him. I didn't like in AC3 where you couldnt remove equipment.

shobhit7777777
03-04-2013, 05:18 PM

Succumbing? Why? idungettit.....wait...is it because you think Ed is Ezio 2.0?

pirate1802
03-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Succumbing? Why? idungettit.....wait...is it because you think Ed is Ezio 2.0?

I suppose you weren't here the last couple of days.. xD

RzaRecta357
03-04-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm excited but the lack of assassin recruits makes me sad. I guess we'll just have our pirate crew.

Also, Liberation set up Eve's descendant so i'll be sad if this Abstergo employee doesn't end up being that and having to escape towards the end.

shobhit7777777
03-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I suppose you weren't here the last couple of days.. xD

dafuq did I miss?

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 05:23 PM
So we're more brutal, in other words? I'll roll with that. :cool:

Yeeaahhh. And we like chocolate.

Men prefer Vikings splitting skulls with axes. Penguins like midgets punching people. Penguins also enjoy chili.

Sushiglutton
03-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Great list of the most positive news today. Let's hope they deliver ;).

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Men prefer Vikings splitting skulls with axes. Penguins like midgets punching people. Penguins also enjoy chili.

Lmao. The viking thing was kind of lame. :p
I'll go with penguins loving chili, tho.

burtie80
03-04-2013, 05:56 PM
It all sounds good, and I really like those positive points. However I am still annoyed at Ubi for the duff ending in AC3, and the fact half of the game was a complete bore to get through. As good as it sounds AC4 will not be a day one purchase for me, I've been stung once to much. I will be waiting for lots of reviews, fan feedback and eventually I will pick it up once it reaches the 20 price range, and maybe even second hand...or I could take the whole pirate thing a bit to far and download it for free! :p lol

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm so disappointed there's no ship multiplayer though...or co op...

SleezeRocker
03-04-2013, 06:03 PM
As long as the gameplay and story is good, im always down for another AC game :)
So no CE for N.A yet right? Eh guess I can save the $ since im not working so got to be more selective in new game(s) I wish to get this year.

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm excited but the lack of assassin recruits makes me sad. I guess we'll just have our pirate crew.

Also, Liberation set up Eve's descendant so i'll be sad if this Abstergo employee doesn't end up being that and having to escape towards the end.

Im guessing a Connor Vita Spin Off tbh...

As long as the gameplay and story is good, im always down for another AC game :)
So no CE for N.A yet right? Eh guess I can save the $ since im not working so got to be more selective in new game(s) I wish to get this year.

All Collectors editions revealed by end of march :D

AherasSTRG
03-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Well, well, all this stuff seems very very nice and I loved reading it. However, open world??? As a PC user who has played the game over 80 hours (and I loved it), I cannot lie :

Assassin's Creed 3's optimization sucked very very much. They did not even accomplish making a well optimized game with SEPARATE maps, what is going to happen in an open world game...?

Again, I am a huge fan of the series and 3 was my favourite. But I cannot seriously think that this game was given the attention it should have been.

SleezeRocker
03-04-2013, 06:29 PM
All Collectors editions revealed by end of march :D

Ah gotcha. Hopefully it's a nice 70-80$ CE this time around (like AC2's Master Assassin here in N.A) since AC3 CE did not really merit my 130$.
Hell I'd settle for a nifty 'signature" or Blunder edition (lol) if it includes nifty addons for same price. I know people (particular) from NA will think im crazy that i'd like a sig edition but have to beh onest, ACR wasn't too bad since you got lot of bonuses for same price of a standard game so I didn't complain. Im just worried that for AC4 they will include an AC encyclopedia V.3 and for me im kind of ok just have V.1, since I guess I wouldn't be too crazy with a few extra pages each time and im running out of shelf space on my desktop for another statue (It will be filled after putting the Injustice statue in) lol

But eh each to their own right? In the end, just want the game and have a bad ace turkey time while playing AC4 (since apparetnly it's out on November instead of October?)

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Ah gotcha. Hopefully it's a nice 70-80$ CE this time around (like AC2's Master Assassin here in N.A) since AC3 CE did not really merit my 130$.
Hell I'd settle for a nifty 'signature" or Blunder edition (lol) if it includes nifty addons for same price. I know people (particular) from NA will think im crazy that i'd like a sig edition but have to beh onest, ACR wasn't too bad since you got lot of bonuses for same price of a standard game so I didn't complain. Im just worried that for AC4 they will include an AC encyclopedia V.3 and for me im kind of ok just have V.1, since I guess I wouldn't be too crazy with a few extra pages each time and im running out of shelf space on my desktop for another statue (It will be filled after putting the Injustice statue in) lol

But eh each to their own right? In the end, just want the game and have a bad ace turkey time while playing AC4 (since apparetnly it's out on November instead of October?)

November 1st for the UK, and 29th of October for America I think... unless its worldwide release I am not sure. I agree America gets done out on Collector Editions for AC. Granted you get cooler stuff for other games. Good job I only buy AC collectors stuff :P

UrDeviant1
03-04-2013, 06:44 PM
November 1st for the UK, and 29th of October for America I think... unless its worldwide release I am not sure. I agree America gets done out on Collector Editions for AC. Granted you get cooler stuff for other games. Good job I only buy AC collectors stuff :P

I dunno', you want to see their CE of Injustice. Terrible ;)

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 06:47 PM
I dunno', you want to see their CE of Injustice. Terrible ;)

This?

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/injustice-us-ce-ps3-1.jpg

Escappa
03-04-2013, 06:48 PM
I am very afraid of myself right now...I know the depressing feeling I felt the entire year of 2012 whitout AC3 in my PS3....and I want this game to be awesome, but I don't want that feeling again ;)

UrDeviant1
03-04-2013, 06:53 PM
This?

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/injustice-us-ce-ps3-1.jpg

Lol yeah. It was little joke because Wonder Womans face is a bit fudged up, and in the EU version it's Batman beating on Wonder Woman, which is obviously more realistic :P

SleezeRocker
03-04-2013, 07:06 PM

Oh ok so we'll be getting it before Halloween like AC3, that's cool.
About the Injustice CE yeah I can vouch for that since it is kinda blah. Wonder 'Man' looks terrible in that statue lol
The only reasons im getting the CE is because it's conveniently cheaper buying the CE game to get with the statue since at comic shops minimum statues go for are like 40$ and they are the size of my 15$ Ezio figurine :P since the game itself is 60$, 40$ more might as well get the fugly statue (at least Batman is in it...even if he's getting his *** kicked) and the Prequel Grpahic Novel to the game, badass movie (even though it's on Netflix like 90% of the time *cough NRS*) and nifty costumes (both N52 and Redson bonus) and because I like to consider myselft and avid comic fan :P

But unfoturnatley we don't even get a steelcase for the game :(

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-04-2013, 07:12 PM
What!! 40% naval missions!?! Don't you guys think that's a little too much?? Naval missions were good but I don't want them to be almost half my game!!
When you say naval missions are do you just mean that we have to destroy other ships?? B/c if thats the case I might as well buy a naval game lol

Escappa
03-04-2013, 07:47 PM
What!! 40% naval missions!?! Don't you guys think that's a little too much?? Naval missions were good but I don't want them to be almost half my game!!
When you say naval missions are do you just mean that we have to destroy other ships?? B/c if thats the case I might as well buy a naval game lol

Know what you mean...I hope it just means that we will do ship-based missions, not just canonfighting... Like jumping from ship to ship in a big battle a'la tarzan-style, chopping up all enemy-crews and stuff like that would be awesome ;)

lightning667
03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
What was shown so far has got me excited, but if they don't add in random missions around the map it'll be a huge disappointment.
An open world game that doesn't have things to do in between missions can get quite dull real fast.
For random missions on the sea I hope there isn't a limit on the amount of enemy ships that you will encounter. It would be cool too that you get a good reward for taking down enemy ships.
On land it would be cool if while you were exploring and saw an enemy ship anchored not to far away while the crew was on the shore you could sneak onto their ship. Maybe rob it or set off their powder kegs. And what pirate game would be complete without looking for some sort of treasure ?

IceHot100
03-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Ubisoft is pretty famous for making promises and not fulfilling them...just saying...

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 09:30 PM

That could be the whole game, meaning including side missions. If thats the case then main storyline could be 70 land 30 naval and the WHOLE game is 60 Land 40 Naval.

yly3
03-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Here is why I am NOT excited.

Ubisoft made even bigger promises with AC3 and we saw how that turned out.
Hence, Ubisoft's word means **** to me.

And let's not forget about the DLCs (ACB/ACR) and the things that were promised there.

Escappa
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Here is why I am NOT excited.

Ubisoft made even bigger promises with AC3 and we saw how that turned out.
Hence, Ubisoft's word means **** to me.

And let's not forget about the DLCs (ACB/ACR) and the things that were promised there.

Maybe they just doesn't have the guts to make promises since everyone give them such a bad time for them ;)

jenyto
03-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I must say I'm more interested in Edward himself. Since we'll obviously at least meet him when he's a pirate and doing bad stuff, so I'm looking forward to his meeting with the Assassins and his transition into being one and becoming Daddy. Hopefully we get to see maybe a meeting with his first wife and maybe his second.

Radman500
03-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I must say I'm more interested in Edward himself. Since we'll obviously at least meet him when he's a pirate and doing bad stuff, so I'm looking forward to his meeting with the Assassins and his transition into being one and becoming Daddy. Hopefully we get to see maybe a meeting with his first wife and maybe his second.

I think Edward starts as a member of the Royal Navy before he becomes a pirate, and before he becomes an assassin

rileypoole1234
03-04-2013, 09:59 PM
This is a fantastic article that say quite a bit about the game, it made me so **** excited!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/the-dawn-of-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag

silvermercy
03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Assuming it's still canon that he gets 2 wives, yes, that'd be great!! (Maybe they want to simplify things in the game and have him marry just once...)
But, yeah, it's the transition I'm looking forward to!

(By the way, I can just imagine his wife's horror if she sits down with Blackbeard one day and listens to him telling stories about all her husband's naughty past... 'escapades' in astonishing detail. ahaha... But I think Blackbeard dies earlier, so... she's safe. lol)

jenyto
03-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Assuming it's still canon that he gets 2 wives, yes, that'd be great!! (Maybe they want to simplify things in the game and have him marry just once...)
But, yeah, it's the transition I'm looking forward to!

(By the way, I can just imagine his wife's horror if she sits down with Blackbeard one day and listens to him telling stories about all her husband's naughty past... 'escapades' in astonishing detail. ahaha... But I think Blackbeard dies earlier, so... she's safe. lol)

Idk, they mentionned his first wife already and she seems to stay in England from the looks of it, so a meeting with Blackbeard is unlikely but could be hilarious ahahah.
Anyway, since he's married at this point already, Jenny should be mentionned as well and be staying with her mother until Edward picks her up at some point.

pacmanate
03-04-2013, 10:50 PM
This is a fantastic article that say quite a bit about the game, it made me so **** excited!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/the-dawn-of-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag

Thats where this thread spawned from :P. I do hate IGN, but they do have some good stuff now and again.

ACfan443
03-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Thats where this thread spawned from :P. I do hate IGN, but they do have some good stuff now and again.

I prefer Gameinformer's article, their stuff's generally of higher quality (IMO)
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/b/playstation4/archive/2013/03/04/assassin-39-s-creed-iv-black-flag-preview.aspx