PDA

View Full Version : Edward Kenways Hidden Blade !

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
After watching the Character reveal is Edward going to have 2 or one hidden blades ? i sincerely hope he has 2 as i love the double blade kills ?

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 01:14 PM
He has 2.

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 01:18 PM
He probably has two. Or he will probably be able to have two. They said that you would be able to upgrade Edward in a lot of ways in this game, with the pistols and probably the swords. Maybe the hidden blades, too, he might not start out with two at once.

Legendz54
03-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Where is the hidden blade?!?!?!??! remember last year...

LoyalACFan
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/03/Assassins-creed-4-black-flag-61.jpg

You can kind of make out the edges of the blade on both arms. But honestly, I'm fine with it if he doesn't have a double. That somehow seemed to be Ezio's trademark. I never felt right with dual blades as Connor for some reason.

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Where is the hidden blade?!?!?!??! remember last year...

Thats the not question i asked, in the trailor and character reveal Edward only had one hidden blade rather than 2 so i was curious to know if ubi was really going back to AC roots with one blad as Altair had, which would not be a problem if you could equip a 2nd blade at some point in the game .

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 02:27 PM
http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/03/Assassins-creed-4-black-flag-61.jpg

You can kind of make out the edges of the blade on both arms. But honestly, I'm fine with it if he doesn't have a double. That somehow seemed to be Ezio's trademark. I never felt right with dual blades as Connor for some reason.

Ahh yes that answers my question :) i personaly love the double blade it made disposing two targets at the same time that much more satisfying !! I really think i am going to Enjoy Edward Kenway.

hellomrdarcy
03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
But honestly, I'm fine with it if he doesn't have a double. That somehow seemed to be Ezio's trademark. I never felt right with dual blades as Connor for some reason.

I get the feeling. :) Ezio was afterall the first assassin we experienced having two hidden blades with.

But we have to remember - there was assassins before Ezio who had them, Altair inventing and passing it on to improve the brotherhood and make things all easier. So, it just logic later assassins also using them, really.

Aphex_Tim
03-04-2013, 02:36 PM
More like hidden ****ing machetes! Have you seen how huge those things look in the box art?

Kirokill
03-04-2013, 02:58 PM
I hate lie trailers. Because trailers should show what you can do. So they should make you able to see underwater, and remove your hood in the streets if you want. But it would be awesome if you can choose if you want to wield one blade or two. I don't like double air assassinations :p Still not sure about the fighting system they say new mechanics. But am really hoping for no potions like Ezio. AM SICK OF drinking on wards after falling (Yes i love hurting myself)

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I get the feeling. :) Ezio was afterall the first assassin we experienced having two hidden blades with.

But we have to remember - there was assassins before Ezio who had them, Altair inventing and passing it on to improve the brotherhood and make things all easier. So, it just logic later assassins also using them, really.

No that was my point even though Altair passed them on in the codex in number 2 i just though going by the character reveal he had one blade, but i would like to see the option to equip 2 at your own choice.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:16 PM
I never understood why they couldn't just make two blades. Why did they need to "learn" how to make the second? Are hidden blades different for each hand?

shobhit7777777
03-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah...from the looks of the trailer...Eddie does indeed like to hide his "blade"

;)

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I never understood why they couldn't just make two blades. Why did they need to "learn" how to make the second? Are hidden blades different for each hand?

Im not sure ? Maybe be when Altair wrote the codex it suddenly dawned on him !! " Hang on as much the Assassin order is intelligent logical and Philisophical why the **** has no other Mentor though of using two hands rather than one !! here is my claim to fame and inovation .

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Im not sure ? Maybe be when Altair wrote the codex it suddenly dawned on him !! " Hang on as much the Assassin order is intelligent logical and Philisophical why the **** has no other Mentor though of using two hands rather than one !! here is my claim to fame and inovation .

I wonder how he ran that by the order

"Hey, guys! Look! TWO blades!"

"Whooooaaaaaa...."

"Kewl!"

"Can we get one?"

"Uh....No, no you can't."

"Why not?"

"Cause, only mentors can use them...."

"Why?"

"Because...."

MasterAssasin84
03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I wonder how he ran that by the order

"Hey, guys! Look! TWO blades!"

"Whooooaaaaaa...."

"Kewl!"

"Can we get one?"

"Uh....No, no you can't."

"Why not?"

"Cause, only mentors can use them...."

"Why?"

"Because...."

Because you are not as skilled as me nuff said !!

"heretic !!

Oh yeah then just ask that **** abbas if he was still about because expelled him with my amazing codex designs !! check me out

AssassinHMS
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Don't forget that initially the assassins had to sacrifice the anelar finger in order to use the hidden blade. I think it would be difficult to handle a sword without a finger, so altair had to design a new hidden blade bracer that didn't require removing the finger before adding a second.

Eternal Reward
03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Don't forget that initially the assassins had to sacrifice the anelar finger in order to use the hidden blade. I think it would be difficult to handle a sword without a finger, so altair had to design a new hidden blade bracer that didn't require removing the finger before adding a second.

Ah. That makes sense.

Pfft, wusses. Can't handle a sword cause half a finger is missing. Pfft.

emporo
06-02-2013, 02:27 PM
I hope that you can switch between one and two hidden blades

lothario-da-be
06-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Not gonna happen, but its possible that you can choose to upgrade 1 to 2 or not.

MadJC1986
06-02-2013, 06:48 PM

U actually kinda could in AC3. (High profile/ Low profile)

Farlander1991
06-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Also due to dual wielding in combat if you select hidden blades you use them both, if you select other weapons you use just one...

projectpat06
06-02-2013, 08:39 PM
I just hope they change it to where we only double assassinate from the air if we have the dual hidden blades equipped. It was always annoying when you want to jump and kill just one guy with the tomahawk or sword and connor says F that and uses the two hidden blades instead.

LoyalACFan
06-02-2013, 10:41 PM
I just hope they change it to where we only double assassinate from the air if we have the dual hidden blades equipped. It was always annoying when you want to jump and kill just one guy with the tomahawk or sword and connor says F that and uses the two hidden blades instead.

Thisssss, I hated that in AC3. Especially when I was trying to kill Johnson like a bawse with my tomahawk from above, and Connor says "nooo" and kills a random goon standing next to Johnson as well... I can't explain why, but killing a generic soldier along with your assassination target is lame...