PDA

View Full Version : In need of passionate people

Logic139
03-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Hi, I just created my own fansite for this game at www.watchdogsfansite.com and I am in need of some moderators. The site is mainly to provide a wider range of information that this forum has to offer. In other words, this forum only has one section regarding the game. However, my website is targeted towards players who want to have a place to share their online experiences strictly having to do with Watch Dogs. Additionally, you can talk about general off topic things as well. Here, I feel that there are players from so many different games and its quite cluttered. My fansite is still under construction so what you see is constantly being improved. Anyways, some qualifications that I am looking for are listed below:

Qualifications:
- basic knowledge of forum management
- deals with a computer most of the day
- knows a lot about Watch Dogs (the game)

Feel free to register there and PM me (I'm the admin).

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Thanks! :cool:

Hurricane43
03-04-2013, 02:47 PM
A great idea. This forum is in the depths of the sea. There are many fans of this game and I know that the games are in alphabetical order, but for upcoming games such as this and new ip it should bet at the top with a new section that puts all upcoming games up at the top of the forums. Thanks.

Logic139
03-07-2013, 01:52 AM
Your welcome! Thank YOU for you joining and being a part of such an amazing community.

VaasCARV3R
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Nice fan site, Logic!

A little suggestion: What about if there's a something like a wiki too, so there the users can collect all the info about the game?

I'm going to register soon.

Huhhh, I'm already there. :)

Hurricane43
03-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Hey Vaas. Thanks very much. Good suggestion. I will reach out to the wiki person and see if we can link it or somehow have it on there also. But us fans can also try and gather all info on the game, I have started doing this by a topic of A General What we know about Watch_dogs.

Here's the wiki page also. http://watchdogs.wikia.com/wiki/WatchDogs_Wiki

Thanks very much to the staff/managers here for having this topic here. We appreaicte it. #truefans

Mr_Shade
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks very much to the staff/managers here for having this topic here. We appreaicte it. #truefans

We encourage people to have fan sites - once established, you can ask the Dev team for some artwork / assets etc - the team like to support fan sites so it's all good :)

We hope people remember to support the official forum too though!

Hurricane43
03-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks very much Shade, I greatly appreciate it. Glad to know that Ubisoft does indeed support it.

Gotta get a signature like that Shade. Very awesome. Snow day here No wok today hehe, maybe I have to get going on a signature like that.

Ivaloinen
03-15-2013, 06:12 AM
So... what is up with the forums? It's been gone for few days now.

JBanton
03-15-2013, 07:29 AM
So... what is up with the forums? It's been gone for few days now.

It looks like there was a problem with the domain provider

Ivaloinen
03-15-2013, 08:13 AM
It looks like there was a problem with the domain provider

That's a shame. Missing the site.

VaasCARV3R
03-15-2013, 10:24 AM
^

These host alligatored b*****ds!!!!! :D

I've asked Hurricane43 yesterday if he knows something and he said that he asked the Host (Alli) Gator ( :D ) support, and they have said to him that the site is down because not payed hosting bill, so obviously that's the problem.

Maybe Logic have money problems and he can't pay the bill now, that's what I think and I understand him, because that's not just 5$ - that are serious money, bro!

I hope that it'll be back again, because as Ivaloinen said - I miss it.

VaasCARV3R
03-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Oops, something has bugged and double posted.

Ivaloinen
03-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Okayyy... I've just bought space for myself and I still need to get domain name. So yes, it isn't cheap.

I'm only familiar with forums that are made with guilds and clans in mind, such as Enjin.

The inexpensive alternative would be to make facebook page.

Mr_Shade
03-15-2013, 04:07 PM
^

These host alligatored b*****ds!!!!! :D

I've asked Hurricane43 yesterday if he knows something and he said that he asked the Host (Alli) Gator ( :D ) support, and they have said to him that the site is down because not payed hosting bill, so obviously that's the problem.

Maybe Logic have money problems and he can't pay the bill now, that's what I think and I understand him, because that's not just 5$ - that are serious money, bro!

I hope that it'll be back again, because as Ivaloinen said - I miss it.
so much for customer privacy..

Hopefully the site will return.

There are a few places where you can get free forums / sites - if you look around btw.

Hurricane43
03-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi All,

I am first upset and concerned for Logic. I contacted support who said they can only tell me its a billing issue. Since the site is under Logic they wont give me further details.

I contacted them again to pay for the bill. Logic if it deals with billing contact me via pm, i will cover the charge, its not a big deal for me money wise.

Support got back to me and I have support number to call for a unverified payment. I dont know :(

Also the domain is open for year. a domain is 10 dollars then with monthly fees can be added for different set ups.

I will contact the number in bit after work. If i can buy domain i would

ReydeViscerous
03-15-2013, 07:48 PM
There are a few places where you can get free forums / sites - if you look around btw.

Speaking of which, I do feel like Ubisoft could do a bit more in this regard. I mean, sure you have Twitter, Facebook and whatnot up on the official Watch Dogs microsite but the forums are sort of in this awkward position where you have all of your other forums. Despite how promising the game looks, there's not much discussion going 'round.

Hurricane43
03-15-2013, 08:34 PM
^ Exactly true. I wanted to start a fansite/forum as this site is not easily located for users, however then Logic started the fansite and I said i would greatly help him out with the site and provide my experiences to improve the site. In one week we had the Comm Dev sign up 30 others. This forum is not a standalone for the game, but combined with all of it's games and is also at the end of the game listed as it is in alphabetical order.

Why can't Watch Dogs which is trying to compete with the best of the best open world games and surely could with the looks of it, and the fans reactions, have there own forums on the watch dogs homepage. Sleeping dogs has its own forums which square enix runs and accessible from a main url, and not Eidos forums. It should show the people involved in the game that there is a lot of passionate people that want to talk about the game.

In this instance with the time I put into the fansite and trying to get the word out, i am upset and confused as to what or where Logic is at as he has run many forums in the past as an admin. It is a loss for both Ubisoft and us in regards to not having a dedicated forum for the fans and if people think that not having a dedicated forum does not help a games sales then you are mistaken. A game will only market itself so much.

If there is a way for me to by the domain please let me know as the domain for the website is taken till next year. But if there is a way to buy it somehow let me know. All the work that went into the site and all and trying to get the word out on the game.

EDIT: Cpt crunch please pm me. Thanks
Help me find cpt crunch please. I cant find his username?

Mr_Shade
03-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Speaking of which, I do feel like Ubisoft could do a bit more in this regard. I mean, sure you have Twitter, Facebook and whatnot up on the official Watch Dogs microsite but the forums are sort of in this awkward position where you have all of your other forums. Despite how promising the game looks, there's not much discussion going 'round.
If you look at the many other forums for currently released titles - you will see there is a lot of discussion ;)

I would not worry about the position of the forum - it's alphabetical for a reason - however there will be no shortage of ways to find it on release - plus you guys have book marked it - right?

When the game is released, the forums will play a major role in the community - you may even see links to it in the final game, and people will be referred to it via facebook / twitter and support.

At present - due to the nature of game development, there is not that much content about to discuss - this will change closer to release and when the Dev team start talking on here ;)

GIONAScm2
03-18-2013, 11:34 PM
I was having a wonderful time on WatchDogsFanSite. Its really sad that it's gone MIA all of a sudden. I hope Logic is alright, and that the site may come back.

DrewyR
03-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Hey everyone, hopefully Logic is well. I don't wish to take the spotlight from Logic's fansite, but I just want to inform you all that I am underway with another fan site! I have a license for the IP.Board forum software (http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/board/) and the overall site is coming along nicely.

Like I said - Hopefully we'll see this site come back up soon. I am aiming to get up another fan site in April some time. If you'd like to help you can contact me on the forums or on skype; DrewyR

Preview - http://gyazo.com/e945a3157a7ef78c980a14097eb6a387.png?1364140816]

NoodleSwag
03-26-2013, 03:43 AM
Hey everyone, hopefully Logic is well. I don't wish to take the spotlight from Logic's fansite, but I just want to inform you all that I am underway with another fan site! I have a license for the IP.Board forum software (http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/board/) and the overall site is coming along nicely.

Like I said - Hopefully we'll see this site come back up soon. I am aiming to get up another fan site in April some time. If you'd like to help you can contact me on the forums or on skype; DrewyR

Preview - http://gyazo.com/e945a3157a7ef78c980a14097eb6a387.png?1364140816]

Website design looks nice!

Hurricane43
03-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Went along and made my own after what happened to the previous one

www.watchdogsforum.net all are welcome and a family like atmosphere

thanks very much, I appreciate it

#gowatchdogs

VaasCARV3R
03-27-2013, 12:57 AM
There's still much, much to come with Watch Dogs Forum.

I'll not say what exactly, because then it'll be no surprise.

We are few there helping each others with everyone what he can.

DrewyR, Not bad at all, but it'll look more cool if there are nice logo, not just simple text as now.

The logo is important thing for the look of the site.