PDA

View Full Version : Kat OTK

Wav3d
03-03-2013, 12:00 PM
I dropped to 1001 rating when i first started playing this deck (My first try at a OTK deck). I modified it until i climbed back up to 1250~ and could stay there.

http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/823/

The main difference is this deck runs 4/4/4 instead of 4/3/4 that most Kat OTK decks run. The same weakness when you face Garant's purge still cannot be solved. GARANTS PURGE TOO STRONG VS UNIQUE FORTUNES :<

Comments would be appreciated. Simple explanation of the deck in the comments.

psychobabble.
03-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Seems ok, although I feel this style of OTK deck is pretty poorly positioned in the meta atm. Dies really badly to kieran and just about any hate, and there's a bit of fortune hate around atm with the semi-presence of throne/prison.

In the list specifically, broken bridge seems way better than surprise attack, dunno why you'd run that. Also, a 4th fog veil/sandstorm seems better than going up to 4 magic for cyclone, but maybe that's just me. You also have no acceleration whatsoever (either rally flag or resource accel), so your combo is necessarily going to be quite slow to pull off, in which case aren't you better off going with a shaar deck so you can actually do a full board wipe with armageddon if necessary? I thought the main benefit of kat over shaar was the possibility of going off earlier.

Wav3d
03-04-2013, 03:09 AM
I actually fully agree with you about the benefit of kat over shaar is that it ramps up earlier, but the big problem here is i don't have shaar :P

and broken bridge would be better.