lothario-da-be
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
underwter gameplay!

DavisP92
03-02-2013, 06:33 PM
how do you download this :D

MaPk0
Yay blackbeard :D Edward Kenway looks like a badass, but i hope he won't be boring, angry and stubborn like Connor

lothario-da-be
And the cities look awesome!!!

RatonhnhakeFan
03-02-2013, 06:34 PM
"But omg RatonFan you're just stupid and bitter and Ubisoft would never make Edward a womanizer having threesomes and Ezio was so loved because of his deep DEEP character and not because he was scoring dem chicks and of course that's not a cheap trick dudebros eat up every time, dudebros just didn't like Connor because he sucks, not because he wasn't a witty, charming playboy" :rolleyes:

lothario-da-be
03-02-2013, 06:36 PM
This game just must be already in development for some time! It already has a CGI trailer. Normaly we get one on e3.

DavisP92
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
"But omg RatonFan you're just stupid and bitter and Ubisoft would never make Edward a womanizer having threesomes and Ezio was so loved because of his deep DEEP character and not because he was scoring dem chicks and of course that's not a cheap trick dudebros eat up every time, dudebros just didn't like Connor because he sucks, not because he wasn't a witty, charming playboy" :rolleyes:

Connor never sucked, i think people just didn't like how he was too much like a child. Too innocent, i found Connor amusing and interesting as a different character. But I'm sure Edward will hit the mark for a lot of people because he's a pirate and would most likely have the stereotypical pirate personality that everyone seems to love

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Oh. My. Freaking. Gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already downloaded this :D

Will_Lucky
03-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Can we take any hints from this?

Underwater gameplay? It shows Edward swimming underwater which may hint at something from Liberation.

Dual Weapon combat system remains, Edward uses two swords in Combat.

It is Edward Kenway

Sounds like a lot of boarding ships.

Womaniszer, like Ezio. Then again dude is Pirate...thats cliche.

Apparently has an interesting private life that even Blackbeard fears asking him about.

lothario-da-be
03-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Can we take any hints from this?

Underwater gameplay? It shows Edward swimming underwater which may hint at something from Liberation.

Dual Weapon combat system remains, Edward uses two swords in Combat.

It is Edward Kenway

Sounds like a lot of boarding ships.

Apparently has an interesting private life that even Blackbeard fears asking him about.
Where did you see the womanizing part?

lothario-da-be
03-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Trailer is blocked...

RatonhnhakeFan
03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
How about the part of the trailer that shows him leaving bed where TWO naked women smile. Ohh Ubisoft, you're beyond predictable. Actually, this entire industry is beyond predictable.

DavisP92
03-02-2013, 06:46 PM

I think he's taking that from the fact that he had two girls in bed, but that just means he's good with girls haha.

Also the man he assassinated has a templar cross

The scene of Edward in the forest (maybe tree parkour will be in the game still) shows an ambush set up by Edward.

The game will really will focus on both being a pirate and an assassin

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Won't let me watch it :(

pacmanate
03-02-2013, 06:47 PM
This game just must be already in development for some time! It already has a CGI trailer. Normaly we get one on e3.
Wrong. Ac3 had one as its debut but they used the engine to show it off. Also this trailer sucks so bad. Has to be the worst trailwr for an AC game. What did it show? Some underwater stuff, some leaves, the edge of a city, the docks, a sea, the same gun holsters as connor, 4 guns for easy combat... Not impressed

lothario-da-be
03-02-2013, 06:48 PM
How about the part of the trailer that shows him leaving bed where TWO naked women smile. Ohh Ubisoft, you're beyond predictable. Actually, this entire industry is beyond predictable.
Could be 2 prostitutes because he can't find a real woman...

pacmanate
03-02-2013, 06:48 PM

Oh nooo! He is straight and good with ladies! Someone call the cops!

Will_Lucky
03-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Wrong. Ac3 had one as its debut but they used the engine to show it off. Also this trailer sucks so bad. Has to be the worst trailwr for an AC game. What did it show? Some underwater stuff, some leaves, the edge of a city, the docks, a sea, the same gun holsters as connor, 4 guns for easy combat... Not impressed

It was historical for pirates to have over 4 guns, some carried 8 for god sake. If your in the middle of boarding a ship the last thing you need is wasting precious time reloading a pistol when instead you can just grab another one and take a shot with it. Do the math, would you rather have 2 pistols where may need to reload, or 8 shots in the middle of boarding a Spanish Galleon?

hellomrdarcy
03-02-2013, 06:50 PM
.................................................. ......

RatonhnhakeFan
03-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Could be 2 prostitutes because he can't find a real woman...Like it matters

Oh nooo! He is straight and good with ladies! Someone call the cops!Ohh noooo he and 18937253087502349123 other video game protagonists

Locopells
03-02-2013, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcA0Ekb-lM

pacmanate
03-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Just be thankful he wrapped his sausage otherwise we wouldnt be able to relive his memories past every pros

RatonhnhakeFan
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Just be thankful he wrapped his sausage otherwise we wouldnt be able to relive his memories past every ******
I'm so grateful omg thank you Ubisoft

DavisP92
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Haha, your reasoning to why it was the worst trailer is hilarious. Because they showed "underwater stuff, some leaves, the edge of a city, the docks, a sea, the same blah blah blah" the way i see it this trailer does what every other trailer did in the AC series. It used CGI to hint at what the players could do by showing it like the others. Yea they didn't have music really but who cares.

What i'm interested in knowing is the combat where they showed Edward drop the guy on the crate and grab a piece of the crate to hit another guy. Sadly i doubt it

Like it matters

Ohh noooo he and 18937253087502349123 other video game protagonists

why are you complaining that he gets girls? who cares, really stop complaining about trivial things

pacmanate
03-02-2013, 06:57 PM
It was a bad trailer overall anyway. The AC3 one got me more hyped and that showed less stuf. Im not hating for no reason. I like Edwards look and think he could be quiet badass, but this trailers action was boring because he just gun spammed them

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Seems to be the best AC reveal trailer I've seen yet.

montagemik
03-02-2013, 06:58 PM
So Edward Kenway is WILL TURNER ?? LOL

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Also lets not forget, this pretty much confirms Blackbeard would be an ally/neutral character.

pacmanate
03-02-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm so grateful omg thank you Ubisoft

Why you so butthurt about him being a ladies man? Do you also hate tortuga? Pirates of the carribbean? Connor didnt get any because he was an ugly ****, ezio did cause he was a charmer, Altair didnt but he was in an era and order long before this where his job was the only thing he thought was worth doing. Edward seems like a cocky guy but someome who can pull, I hope there is an interactive sex scene j

RatonhnhakeFan
03-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Why you so butthurt about him being a ladies man? Do you also hate tortuga? Pirates of the carribbean? Connor didnt get any because he was an ugly ****, ezio did cause he was a charmer, Altair didnt but he was in an era and order long before this where his job was the only thing he thought was worth doing. Edward seems like a cocky guy but someome who can pull, I hope there is an interactive sex scene j
I'm butthurt about 99% of video game protagonists being ladies men. Also, I called it "he's gonna be a womanizer" and people argued that ubisoft wouldn't make another Nathan Drake/Ezio/Bond clone. lul

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 07:05 PM
I hope there is an interactive sex scene j

yes please :D:eek:

DavisP92
03-02-2013, 07:06 PM
It was a bad trailer overall anyway. The AC3 one got me more hyped and that showed less stuf. Im not hating for no reason. I like Edwards look and think he could be quiet badass, but this trailers action was boring because he just gun spammed them

Personally i liked the trailer, i wouldn't say it's the best. But it was alright for what i expected it to be. Just a CGI trailer showing the atmosphere of the game and features. Honestly though they should have showed a gameplay trailer on the new consoles something on par with Watch Dogs

hellomrdarcy
03-02-2013, 07:06 PM

this is the most stupid **** I've heard.

pacmanate
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
You havent met M

eagleforlife1
03-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Trailer looks awesome. Glad to see an English Assassin!

rupok2
03-02-2013, 07:08 PM
I got the trailer downloaded just incase it goes down everywhere.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-02-2013, 07:09 PM
yes please :D:eek:Don't worry, I'm sure Ubisoft will deliver. They already gave you a sneek peak in the trailer!!!11

*image removed*

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 07:09 PM
So Edward Kenway is WILL TURNER ?? LOL

Not really. Will Turner was a righteous young lad, not the type who visits prostitutes. Nor did he assassinate people ;).

montagemik
03-02-2013, 07:10 PM
yes please :D:eek:

Every 12 yr olds gaming dream i'm sure . A little sad if an adult wants that in a game though.

DavisP92
I'm butthurt about 99% of video game protagonists being ladies men. Also, I called it "he's gonna be a womanizer" and people argued that ubisoft wouldn't make another Nathan Drake/Ezio/Bond clone. lul

I don't see the point to complaining about his personality when we don't really know much about him. I read that he get's married and has a daughter so that shows that he isn't really a womanizer like how you're making him out to be. The thing is when people are young and attractive they tend to get the girls, to complain about something that small is just a waste of time. Don't let something this small get you down

DisbandedBox359
why cant i watch :(

Nightmare8767
03-02-2013, 07:11 PM
EDIT: Forget what I said lol

itsamea-mario
03-02-2013, 07:11 PM
And it's for PS4 as well.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Not bad.

Xstantin
\ Connor didnt get any because he was an ugly ****, ezio did cause he was a charmer, Altair didnt but he was in an era and order long before this where his job was the only thing he thought was worth doing. Edward seems like a cocky guy but someome who can pull, I hope there is an interactive sex scene j

You'd be surprised how many people find Connor attractive. Well at least we might expect Courtesans return.

rupok2
I guess he is like another Ezio but less charming and more of a direct person.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 07:13 PM
I can't put my finger on it but there something very unassassin-like in this trailer, and I mean in a good way. Maybe Pirates! Thats the last thing I'd associate with an assassin. :D maybe its the setting. Never thought we'll visit those places.

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 07:13 PM
why cant i watch :(

Have you tried the vid on page 3 of this thread?

Edit: And it's gone...

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Every 12 yr olds gaming dream i'm sure . A little sad if an adult wants that in a game though.

I'm an adult and still want it lol

TorQue1988
03-02-2013, 07:15 PM
The video it's private. Anyone has another link or something?
Edit: Nevermind, it's all over the net.
I can't believe it leaked lol.
The trailer is not on par with previous trailers though, i didn't like the music or the narration...but the game looks awesome.

ACfan443
03-02-2013, 07:18 PM
What can we deduce from this trailer? That the final game will look nothing like it. There's something that feels so contrived about this new title..

Locopells
03-02-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't see the point to complaining about his personality when we don't really know much about him. I read that he get's married and has a daughter so that shows that he isn't really a womanizer like how you're making him out to be. The thing is when people are young and attractive they tend to get the girls, to complain about something that small is just a waste of time. Don't let something this small get you down

I'm guessing you didn't think that last bit though in context...

Have you tried the vid on page 3 of this thread?

Edit: And it's gone...

Blast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaSVIQsf-gU

'Evil laugh'

RzaRecta357
03-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Buddies right. I haven't even seen this trailer and I can tell he'll be a womanizer. He won't be charming to attract the ladies though. He'll be badass and the leader so the girls just go to him because he IS the leader. Basically, he'll be dogging these girls I bet.

Will we even see it in gameplay? Who knows I thought the cutscenes were a little meh and sketchy in AC3 compared to AC2 and what not. Hell, bring back the glitching camera angle thing from the first game.

SaintPerkele
03-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Youtube -> "ACIV Black Flag trailer" -> Uploadtime: last hour -> success!

I liked the end of the trailer, at least more assassin-like than the AC3 one (running across a battlefield is not really social stealth in my opinion). Not entirely sure what to think of the rest. Seems like a rather shallow character so far though.

Ragsash
03-02-2013, 07:20 PM

Well thats what people want so thats what the people will get.
Ezio was a nice generic action hero. This guy will probly be a nice generic action hero aswell.
I like all the AC heros but my least favorit action hero is the generic ladies man good guy, I really hope this wont become a habbit

D.I.D.
03-02-2013, 07:20 PM

It's actually pretty rare in western games. They're mainly made for a US audience, by an industry that pretends it's selling to adults over 18 years of age, when in truth they know parents will be quite happy for their 10-year-old kids to shoot 500 gangsters in the face but will freak out over something like the infamous Hot Coffee in GTA:SA.

So killing is rampant, but sexual content is rare. Far Cry 3 didn't have a womaniser as the lead, but the sex scene alone caused a lot of trouble. Saying 99% of video game characters are ladies' men is hugely disingenuous, and I think you know that (not to say there isn't a very narrow cookie-cutter type in video games, because there clearly is).

BlizzKrut
03-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Looks freaking awesome!

hupponen
03-02-2013, 07:27 PM
There will be minigames where you have to have sex, like in fahrenheit :D nah, just kidding.. but the trailer looks awesome !

nitres15
03-02-2013, 07:31 PM

that is their job dude, they gotta take it from behind and smile.

ACfan443
03-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Watching this trailer, and remembering back to when the first Assassin's Creed was released makes me question what's happening to this series. Personally, I feel that it's losing its direction.

nitres15
03-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Watching this trailer, and remembering back to when the first Assassin's Creed was released makes me question what's happening to this series. Personally, I feel that it's losing its direction.
just enjoy the games for what they are, not for what you want them to be

anik_lc
03-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Bad-*** hero like Ezio, underwater swimming, Caribbean Seas, hot girls, pirates and Black-Beard. Yo ho ho and a release date of October 29, 2013. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag bound to rock.

shobhit7777777
03-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure Ubisoft will deliver. They already gave you a sneek peak in the trailer!!!11

http://www.abload.de/img/assassinscreediv_blacxuu8i.jpg

http://files.sharenator.com/funny_gifs_batman_approves_Gifs_D_2-s480x368-266373.gif

Good stuff

Video is blocked...could someone break the entire video down in clear and concise manner...I would be really grateful

D.I.D.
03-02-2013, 07:36 PM

They want blockbusters, and they want movie crossovers.

The assassin would look questionable to US movie audiences, especially when the USA's still hyped about terrorism, but it likes killers who take on armies with guns and swords while a bunch of stuff explodes. Those guys are good guys. It's a puzzle.

Hopefully they'll keep these things down to atmospheric set pieces, and not let them colour the way the whole game works. I just want good mission design to return at this point.

pirate1802
Well, there goes my Sunday. Watching this trailer again and again..

rupok2
i am kind of disappointed. Its another James bond character. Nothing Assassin like in the trailer. Just more slaughtering.

Sushiglutton
Good stuff

Video is blocked...could someone break the entire video down in clear and concise manner...I would be really grateful

New ones popping up all the time. Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BNvWnHIE1qY

ajl992008
03-02-2013, 07:40 PM
the last part with him killing a target and walking away with the girl to keep away suspicion, i liked the trailer and I think this will be nearly as good as AC2 in terms of setting (seeing as it is BEAUTIFUL)

itsamea-mario
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
the last part with him killing a target and walking away with the girl to keep away suspicion, i liked the trailer and I think this will be nearly as good as AC2 in terms of setting (seeing as it is BEAUTIFUL)

Yeah that's the bit i'm most pleased about as well.

diaboslb7
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNvWnHIE1qY

shobhit7777777
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
New ones popping up all the time. Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BNvWnHIE1qY

Bless you

Well, **** me that was awesome.....

and so was the AC3 CGI trailer

Although from a narrative standpoint....looks interesting as hell. I want to get to know this Eddie Kenway better....seems like a mix between Haytham, Ezio and Connor (Connor because the dude looks massive and fights like Batman - me)

Best part was definitely the new Blend walk....oh how I've waited for something EXACTLY like this...more natural, more blendy!

dxsxhxcx
03-02-2013, 07:45 PM
great video, the only thing I didn't like is them making Black Beard fear the Assassin just to make him looks badass, I hope this is just for trailer purposes and in the game he (black beard, or all Edward enemies) is portraied as an ally/enemy as badass as the Assassin, I'm tired of see characters with a great potential having a ridiculous role and looking like idiots (Daniel Cross for example) just to make the protagonist looks better..

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 07:45 PM
How do you guys interpret the brief jungle moment? Four soldiers are carrying a coffin and you can see Edward waiting for them. Then there is a pirate to the left (assume one of Edward's men?). Do you think the crew will be the new recruits? Is this a variation of assaulting a convoy? Tree climbing back?

diaboslb7
03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
this trailer was not supposed to be shown only on Monday?

RzaRecta357
03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't think all the crew will be recruits but he'll probably let his favs in or something. Who knows. I liked the more personal touch in AC3 though... I'm just hoping maybe they'll change their outfits a bit or something as you level them.

Absolutely love the trailer though. The settings with the bright sun give off that Venice feel from AC2. Anyone agree?

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Bless you

Well, **** me that was awesome.....

and so was the AC3 CGI trailer

Although from a narrative standpoint....looks interesting as hell. I want to get to know this Eddie Kenway better....seems like a mix between Haytham, Ezio and Connor (Connor because the dude looks massive and fights like Batman - me)

Best part was definitely the new Blend walk....oh how I've waited for something EXACTLY like this...more natural, more blendy!

Don't thank me, thank Locopells! He's the awesome dude spamming these vids :D! The blend walk is a WAY better idea then walking among four courtesans. It's a great addition to social stealth :).

rupok2
03-02-2013, 07:50 PM
How do you guys interpret the brief jungle moment? Four soldiers are carrying a coffin and you can see Edward waiting for them. Then there is a pirate to the left (assume one of Edward's men?). Do you think the crew will be the new recruits? Is this a variation of assaulting a convoy? Tree climbing back?

You really think tree parkour wouldn't be back? You know how hard they worked on that? But I think thats just a cutscene where pirates probably help the protagonist just like other characters in ac3.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 07:52 PM
The settings with the bright sun give off that Venice feel from AC2. Anyone agree?

Yes exactly! I was most impressed by the beauty of this setting.

hupponen
03-02-2013, 07:53 PM
I love how he just grabs the girl in the end, like a boss :D I hope you can do that in the actual game, but i doubt it.

shobhit7777777
Don't thank me, thank Locopells! He's the awesome dude spamming these vids :D! The blend walk is a WAY better idea then walking among four courtesans. It's a great addition to social stealth :).

and its finally here. Its a small little addition but it makes such a huge difference when you play. It'll give the social sneakers so much more immersive meat to bite down on.

PLEASE UBI! Mission Design!! Dont **** it up!!!!

A Cupcake Nurse
I'm getting that AC2 feeling from it, courtesans, sexy bed scenes, suave and possible charm? I promised myself that after PiratesOTC I was all bled out for pirate love. But this... is slowly getting my heart beating again. Especially with the jungle scene. The Caribbean holds a special place in my heart ;-;

I hope they implement illness in this game. For some reason I would just love to not only battle other people, but the problems that this environment can pose.
I'm probably the only person who hated the Naval part of AC3 though...D;

DoNNiEDaRkO50
03-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I've downloaded the trailer and watched it many times . Trying not to get hyped . But Honestly .. I'm not excited as I was for AC3 :/ It looks nice .. but probably the game won't look like this at all .. Gonna wait till I see some gameplay Footage or Screenshots on Monday.and also half of the trailer showed Naval so I hope they don't focus too much on naval and rush the cities because IMO They are still the core of AC series.And I hope Ubisoft make it to E3 Without any other leaks . because they were going crazy since last week ! and we have the actual trailer in high quality already before Monday.

itsamea-mario
03-02-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm getting that AC2 feeling from it, courtesans, sexy bed scenes, suave and possible charm? I promised myself that after PiratesOTC I was all bled out for pirate love. But this... is slowly getting my heart beating again. Especially with the jungle scene. The Caribbean holds a special place in my heart ;-;

I hope they implement illness in this game. For some reason I would just love to not only battle other people, but the problems that this environment can pose.

You hated naval gameplay? or you hated how it was used and the fact that it was in, AC3?

ACfan443
03-02-2013, 07:56 PM
I love how he just grabs the girl in the end, like a boss :D I hope you can do that in the actual game, but i doubt it.

I would take everything you see in these upcoming trailers/demos with a grain of salt. Remember how many 'promised' features were removed from AC3?

ajl992008
03-02-2013, 07:58 PM

yep i am getting that ac2 feeling as wel, ac2 felt so fresh due to it's setting, ac3 changed things from a technical standpoint but many missions were similar, looking forward to the info we will get on monday.

hupponen
03-02-2013, 07:58 PM

I hated it too.. Or not the actual naval stuff, but the optional challenges. But the trailer didn't show that much naval, so there is still hope that the naval will be secondary in the game.

rupok2
03-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Yup this is all cgi. I love the trailer for ac3 alot too but the game was nothing like it. I won't even judge the game that much on gameplay cause even the gameplay Ubisoft shows never reflect the actual gameplay.

They took out so many parts out from the demo's and changed around so much stuff its just way too different than the actual game.

My opinion:
I think this game is gonna try to emulate ac2 and ac3 but fail, it will be decent but thats about it. Edward seems like another badass guy from the start, he will start off as a badass and we won't see any real character development like we did with altair and ezio. We literally saw ezio's birth and his death. This game will be about historical figures singing praises about the protagonist to make him seem cool. We know how the protagonist dies.

This game will have ****ty mission structures again with slaughterfests every time. No more stealth in these games just Hollywood style one man armies.

Don't get me wrong I like the trailer but I can see how the game is gonna turn out already if you just compare the trailer to ac2 and ac1 trailers.

andreja110s
03-02-2013, 08:01 PM
˝This video is private˝

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Gil_217
03-02-2013, 08:02 PM
The amount of assumptions written here based on only one trailer are laughable. We only have one trailer of 2 minutes and people are already thinking they know everything about Edward, especially his personality. Apparently, sleeping with women equals womanizing now. I'm not saying he's not a womanizer, as a matter of fact I can't form a proper opinion about him because we don't have enough information to actually create a proper image about Edward, but don't act like you already know everything about the new protagonist. Ridiculous!

Oh, and what's with this idea that womanizing, arrogant and confident people are all of a sudden bad characters or characters that are not real, or don't have the potential to be good and memorable characters? I mean, seriously?

Perk89
03-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Seems like a pretty cliche character. That's pretty disappointing. I am excited to see how these kind of piratey folk fit into all the sci-fyey AC stuff. It may actually humanize a lot of the characters again.

DisbandedBox359
03-02-2013, 08:03 PM
had my doubts about this game and they've nearly all been destroyed by this trailer haha loved it

AidenPixxel
03-02-2013, 08:04 PM
The city and the jungle look awesome;)

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 08:07 PM
and its finally here. Its a small little addition but it makes such a huge difference when you play. It'll give the social sneakers so much more immersive meat to bite down on.

PLEASE UBI! Mission Design!! Dont **** it up!!!!

They will mess the campaign up, don't worry about it :(. This franchise is enormous and many of the fans don't play other videogames. So there will be handholding and there will be overly scripted missions. But I'm hoping they will at least move a little bit in a more liberal direction. And more fleshed out optional side-quests that can be allowed to be more complex and demanding for more experienced gamers. We shall see.

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 08:09 PM
The amount of assumptions written here based on only one trailer are laughable. We only have one trailer of 2 minutes and people are already thinking they know everything about Edward, especially his personality. Apparently, sleeping with women equals womanizing now. I'm not saying he's not a womanizer, as a matter of fact I can't form a proper opinion about him because we don't have enough information to actually create a proper image about Edward, but don't act like you already know everything about the new protagonist. Ridiculous!

Oh, and what's with this idea that womanizing, arrogant and confident people are all of a sudden bad characters or characters that are not real, or don't have the potential to be good and memorable characters? I mean, seriously?

Sleeping with women doesn't say much. Doing it with two at the same time says a little more ;).... Seriously I agree though. We hardly know anything. But it's fun to speculate.

rupok2
03-02-2013, 08:09 PM

Except people don't want another ezio/James bond. We see these characters all the time. Alpha males with a sad past o some crap to justify character development. Of course the general Public will love it and I guess ac now caters to them, eventually it will ruin the series tho.

We can have badass characters without them being womenizers who sleep with 2 or more women at a time, example: Altair. Altair was the epitome of badass, he was a bit cliche but not as Ezio and assuming not as much as this new guy. Altair also didn't slaughter everyone in sight like a one man army to look badass, he didn't need to. He was well educated and very philosophical, it was his wisdom by the end of his story that made him stand out.

hellomrdarcy
03-02-2013, 08:10 PM
I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT I THINK OF THIS. UM...

The fact that he's Edward Kenway and not some random assassin makes me more interested and ok with this, I wan't to know what they want to tell with his story (especially because I've read the book). But I can't help by feeling it's a little too hollywood and stereotypical... Pirates of the Carribean... a lot of slaughter bang bang canons.... cough cough....

Still, I have only seen a short trailer. But, um. He's definetly more "Ezio-like" with women, but I have a feeling that he has another silent, charm. Like, the more serious-harsh type, than the smiling-joking type. The typical silent james bond badass.

Not sure if I like it, though. At least not yet.

Abeonis
03-02-2013, 08:11 PM

I thought people wanted Ezio back? :s

Locopells
03-02-2013, 08:12 PM

You're welcome!

˝This video is private˝

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

'Sigh...'

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_sort=video_date_uploaded&search_query=assassin%27s+creed+4&search_type=videos

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=black+flag&search_type=videos&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Sleeping with women doesn't say much. Doing it with two at the same time says a little more ;).... Seriously I agree though. We hardly know anything. But it's fun to speculate.

To be precise, we didn't even see him sleep with them. he was just in the room with them. Could be he went there to assassinate someone? Yes, I'll probably be wrong but who knows?

ACfan443
03-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Information leaking, images leaking, and now a world premiere trailer leaking TWO days before planned. Secrecy has been blown out the window.

hellomrdarcy
We can have badass characters without them being womenizers like Altair. Altair was the epitome of badass, he was a bit cliche but not as Ezio and assuming not as much as this new guy. Altair also didn't slaughter everyone in sight like a one man army to look badass, he didn't need to. He was well educated and very philosophical, it was his wisdom by the end of his story that made him stand out.

* THIS. Good example.
Altair was - IS - a master piece. He simply became a 'badass' without having to prove himself or overdoing-it, either with blowing canons or women.

hupponen
Except people don't want another ezio/James bond. We see these characters all the time. Alpha males with a sad past o some crap to justify character development. Of course the general Public will love it and I guess ac now caters to them, eventually it will ruin the series tho.

We can have badass characters without them being womenizers like Altair. Altair was the epitome of badass, he was a bit cliche but not as Ezio and assuming not as much as this new guy. Altair also didn't slaughter everyone in sight to look badass.

Well yeah. They tried non-womanizer character, connor. But most people didn't like him, so i guess it was just safer to have another "ezio" because people liked him alot.

breakdownthewall
03-02-2013, 08:14 PM
For some reason, I was unable to connect to Connor in AC3. He didn't feel like an Assassin at all.
The AC4 trailer looks good to me. It looks like Ubisoft really contemplated on our response to Connor and how we feel about all the former Assassin's.
I think It's obvious that Ezio and Altair are the most loved assassin's among the avid AC fans, and I think that's exactly why Edward Kenway seems to have a serious side to him (like Altair) + he's also a ladies man (like Ezio).
I can't wait for AC4! I wonder who's going to take Desmond's place?

deskp
03-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Thats a refrence to his assassin-business

__

I hope they ahvent ditched the assassin recruits. The recruits would be aprt of crew so they could come with him to all cities.

I hope we can walk around and inside his ship using it as his base.

I hope theres some meaningfull integrated side missions

rupok2
03-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Well yeah. They tried non-womanizer character, connor. But most people didn't like him, so i guess it was just safer to have another "ezio" because people liked him alot.

The reasons for not liking connor wasn't related to him being a womanizer or not.

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
To be precise, we didn't even see him sleep with them. he was just in the room with them. Could be he went there to assassinate someone? Yes, I'll probably be wrong but who knows?

I'm pretty sure it was an encounter of the third blade, if you know what I mean :cool:!

ESG GATOR
03-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Debut Trailer Working:
http://www.evilsourcegaming.com/video/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-debut-trailer/

hupponen
03-02-2013, 08:22 PM
I guess it would have been pretty awkward to see him have threesome in a trailer D:

Dizlol
03-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Already love Edward Kenway!

rupok2
03-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I know its not a big deal but is it too much to ask for a romance similar to Altairs? Where the main character doesn't sleep around with hundreds of women but finds an interesting one on his journeys who he falls in love with? I know its a fairytale type romance but these days its actually less cliche then the womanizing main character.

Idk I personally loved the Cristina memories in Brotherhood, I liked the interactions with sofia and the little interactions with altair and the templar. I want more of that kind of stuff not "Omfg boobies, I love boobies" show more! I personally think this kind of romance was never done right in the games.

ace3001
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm worried. Very worried. This game will probably be pretty good. Ubisoft Montreal hasn't really failed in the fun factor yet. But will it still be Assassin's Creed? Personally, I find pirates to be a very cliched and overused theme, and can rarely take something with Blackbeard in it seriously. Those who love pirates will be all over it, so Ubisoft will sell a lot of copies of this, but those of us who want to play an AC game for AC instead of a pirate game slapped with the AC logo will be in trouble.

Perk89
03-02-2013, 08:26 PM
I honestly doubt that scene even makes it into the game. I think it was mainly just there to appeal to all the prepubescents that didn't like that Connor wasnt some unrealistic, hormonally overactive Hollywood type.

Megas_Doux
03-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Got hyped :(

ace3001
03-02-2013, 08:27 PM
I know its not a big deal but is it too much to ask for a romance similar to Altairs? Where the main character doesn't sleep around with hundreds of women but finds an interesting one on his journeys who he falls in love with? I know its a fairytale type romance but these days its actually less cliche then the womanizing main character.

Idk I personally loved the Cristina memories in Brotherhood and I liked the interactions with sofia. I want more of that kind of stuff not "Omfg boobies, I love boobies" show more!Also, I'd like something like this again very much. But AC IV will probably not be the game for that.

hupponen
03-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Got hyped :(

Why is it a sad thing? :D

gyigyo
03-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Already hate it, its very dissapointing i tought we play different characters in every AC games. Tis is ****ing womanizer Italy Gypsy EZIO2. Nothing different.Why this game is called AC4? its like AC3 DLC.UBISOFT you are a ****ing big dissapointment!!!

ckcam
Anyone else bothered by the lack of beaked hood?

Assassin_Banana
LOL To bad i didn't actually made a bet with someone!!! I would have won!!! I knew that Edward was going to be another Ezio Clone i knew it!!! :P

Im going to get bored with him real fast..:mad:

kuled2012
03-02-2013, 08:31 PM
I will not get hyped up..I will not get hyped up..I will not get hyped up...OH **** IT! YES!!!!!!!

Perk89

Idk I personally loved the Cristina memories in Brotherhood, I liked the interactions with sofia and the little interactions with altair and the templar. I want more of that kind of stuff not "Omfg boobies, I love boobies" show more! I personally think this kind of romance was never done right in the games.

Edward didnt meet his wife until he moved to London so we are, sadly, likely in for more of the same sexual predator type thing. The game overall looks promising but it's a shame Ubi sold out to ***** pre-teens who couldn't identify with a serious character.

gyigyo
LOL To bad i didn't actually made a bet with someone!!! I would have won!!! I knew that Edward was going to be another Ezio Clone i knew it!!! :P

Agreed.. pretty boy Gypsy ezio again.

if i remember correctly ubisoft said: we make different characters for every AC game... yeahhhh sure UBISOFT sure...

hupponen
03-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Then he dies in the end, because of AIDS.. tragic.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Why do I feel like....the robes are very much similar to Connor's,with Armor and 2 extra holders.

nitres15
03-02-2013, 08:33 PM
is it so hard to understand ? They´re *****s, of course they´re going to be all like "ohhhh hehe come back later". I can´t belive you guys are getting upset about the main character having sex, Also, you´re all accusing this guy of being a Ezio clone. Well, Ezio didn´t go around ****ing every chick he saw, being a womanizer isn´t a personality btw.

ace3001

Im going to get bored with him real fast..:mad:I find it pretty hilarious that everyone is now bashing Ezio for being a womanizer, talking as if being a womanizer is all what he was.

rupok2
I will not get hyped up..I will not get hyped up..I will not get hyped up...OH **** IT! YES!!!!!!!

Why are you hyped? Aren't you tired of Ezio Expansions?

DoNNiEDaRkO50
03-02-2013, 08:34 PM
has anbody noticed that the hood isn't shaped like eagle? I know it's a debut trailer but Connor's hood was shaped like an eagle in the reveal trailer..I know it' too early to judge but I think they are abandoning the core of the series. I mean the famous " Nothing is true.Everything is pemitted" wasn't even mentiond in AC3. And the assassin's name doesn't mean Eagle anymore..I know it's not that big thing but IMO those are the things that makes AC special ..Including the modern day part.

Megas_Doux
03-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Why is it a sad thing? :D

My wallet will suffer for it.

Aphex_Tim
03-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Edward reminds me of Prince Charming...

rupok2
03-02-2013, 08:35 PM
I find it pretty hilarious that everyone is now bashing Ezio for being a womanizer, talking as if being a womanizer is all what he was.

No one is bashing Ezio. Ezio is one of my favorite assassins but I finished his story why do I get more expansions for him?

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 08:36 PM

We can have badass characters without them being womenizers who sleep with 2 or more women at a time, example: Altair. Altair was the epitome of badass, he was a bit cliche but not as Ezio and assuming not as much as this new guy. Altair also didn't slaughter everyone in sight like a one man army to look badass, he didn't need to. He was well educated and very philosophical, it was his wisdom by the end of his story that made him stand out.

Yes you are right my favorite Assassin is Altair i loved the way he developed from an arrogante ****** to the wise Mentor everyone seek for guidence. Edward is just another boring Ezio clone!!! And he is blonde LOL :D

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 08:36 PM

I'm not sure about that. Ezio was a charming, easy going womanizer. Edward seems more like a bad-boy, resolute kind of character (granted we have seen sooo little).

rupok2
03-02-2013, 08:37 PM
has anbody noticed that the hood isn't shaped like eagle? I know it's a debut trailer but Connor's hood was shaped like an eagle in the reveal trailer..I know it' too early to judge but I think they are abandoning the core of the series. I mean the famous " Nothing is true.Everything is pemitted" wasn't even mentiond in AC3. And the assassin's name doesn't mean Eagle anymore..I know it's not that big thing but IMO those are the things that makes AC special ..Including the modern day part.

Yup this will turn into a hollywood type third person fighting game which uses a branding (assassin logo) and just slaps it onto anything to say its an Assassins Creed game.

gyigyo
Yes you are right my favorite Assassin is Altair i loved the way he developed from an arrogante ****** to the wise Mentor everyone seek for guidence. Edward is just another boring Ezio clone!!! And he is blonde LOL :D

A Blonde Gypsy LOL:p.

dxsxhxcx
Then he dies in the end, because of AIDS.. tragic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es

danielfadel
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
This is getting stupid, AC died after Ezio. I will not have my hopes up like I had for AC3. Just sad how they rush and do this for money only, AC is done why make another one.

Rugterwyper32
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Edward kinda reminds me of Raphael from Soul Calibur in terms of looks. Hmm.

TheBearJew32
03-02-2013, 08:39 PM
i really didn't like the nod to Kenway as "the devil dressed as man", when that literally is what Edward Teach is known for, and he's the narrator! hah
does look intriguing...give me the atmosphere like that of the last 15 seconds (rainy wet streets in a dark shadowy town/ bright colorful jungle and beaches), in the caribbean ayye Tortuga. THEESE BE MERMAID WATERS

ace3001
03-02-2013, 08:39 PM
has anbody noticed that the hood isn't shaped like eagle? I know it's a debut trailer but Connor's hood was shaped like an eagle in the reveal trailer..I know it' too early to judge but I think they are abandoning the core of the series. I mean the famous " Nothing is true.Everything is pemitted" wasn't even mentiond in AC3. And the assassin's name doesn't mean Eagle anymore..I know it's not that big thing but IMO those are the things that makes AC special ..Including the modern day part.The core of the series is slowly being thrown out by Ubisoft to make way for new fans.

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 08:40 PM

Yes i missed the Creed in AC3 what the F#"!# Ubisoft??!!!!

kuled2012
03-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Why are you hyped? Aren't you tired of Ezio Expansions?

1)I enjoyed Ezio despite his flaws
2) This is not Ezio. This is Edward Kenway.

ace3001
03-02-2013, 08:41 PM
No one is bashing Ezio. Ezio is one of my favorite assassins but I finished his story why do I get more expansions for him?How are you getting expansions for Ezio? If a pirate doesn't **** around, I'm sure that'll be pretty weird. And that is mind you the only comparison you can draw. Edward Kenway is nothing like Ezio. See him with two prostitutes? OMG EZIO CLONE. Are you guys even using your brains?

TorQue1988
03-02-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't understand why people are *****ing about him being a womanizer because that's exactly how pirates were: they plundered and spent all the money on booze and women. And i can't believe some people are complaining that he has blonde hair. All assassins should have black hair or what?
Anyway the game looks awesome, but i didn't like the trailer, the style of the trailer to be more precise. Previous trailers were much better and had much better music.

Megas_Doux
03-02-2013, 08:43 PM
This is getting stupid, AC died after Ezio. I will not have my hopes up like I had for AC3. Just sad how they rush and do this for money only, AC is done why make another one.

To me ACB is the weakest on the franchise, just saying.....

hupponen
We still don't know nothing. At least he was not being all rambo and winning a whole army by himself. This looks alot more like assassin's creed than AC3. Which is good in my opinion.

Assassin_Banana
How are you getting expansions for Ezio? If a pirate doesn't **** around, I'm sure that'll be pretty weird. And that is mind you the only comparison you can draw. Edward Kenway is nothing like Ezio. See him with two prostitutes? OMG EZIO CLONE. Are you guys even using your brains?

Are you using yours??

Aphex_Tim
03-02-2013, 08:45 PM
The core of the series is slowly being thrown out by Ubisoft to make way for new fans.

Ah yes, because removing the eagle shaped hood is surely gonna attract new fans. :p

AjinkyaParuleka
They still haven't shown us concrete combat,all we saw was Eddie equipping his Pistols,Dual Swords,Killing 4 Spanish,Stabbing 2-3 guys and Assassinating(YES I HOPE THIS IS TRUE).

ace3001
Are you using yours??Very much so, unlike those here who're calling Edward an Ezio clone just because he is apparently a womanizer. Is that all Ezio was? A womanizer? This is ridiculous.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Ah yes, because removing the eagle shaped hood is surely gonna attract new fans. :p
I cannot think how?Can you explain.Not saying that ASSASSINZ CREED SHUD HAZ BEAKED HUD AND ALL NAMES MEANING EAGAL!.
I love the way they are removing beaked hood.

TheBearJew32
03-02-2013, 08:47 PM
just about as ridiculous as all the threads complaining about wanting more outfits in AC3

diaboslb7
I think edward is a combination of altair+ezio+connor for everyone to love this new protagonist

ace3001
Ah yes, because removing the eagle shaped hood is surely gonna attract new fans. :pThe Eagle beak hood is the least of this game's problems as an Assassin's Creed game.
First of all, I want to know why Ubisoft is labelling this game "AC IV"? This is directly linked to AC III via Forsaken. Pretty much Forsaken's prequel? They're not introducing a new engine either from what I can see. So where is the "big jump" that comes with a numbered AC game?

ace3001
03-02-2013, 08:49 PM
I cannot think how?Can you explain.Not saying that ASSASSINZ CREED SHUD HAZ BEAKED HUD AND ALL NAMES MEANING EAGAL!.
I love the way they are removing beaked hood.
The eagle beak hood is a symbolic thing. Remember how everyone wanted Connor's hood back up after end game in AC III? The eagle beaked hood is part of the Assassin costume. Why you would "love" it being removed, I can't understand. Surely, there is no reason for someone to hate that hood shape so much?

dxsxhxcx
03-02-2013, 08:50 PM
We still don't know nothing. At least he was not being all rambo and winning a whole army by himself. This looks alot more like assassin's creed than AC3. Which is good in my opinion.

if jump like a crazy man towards the enemy ship before his crew throw their ropes to do the same isn't he going Rambo I don't know what could possibly be.. :p

I know this might not reflect the game but IMO the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, if you know what I mean.. :p

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Very much so, unlike those here who're calling Edward an Ezio clone just because he is apparently a womanizer. Is that all Ezio was? A womanizer? This is ridiculous.

Ezio is your stereotypical media hero, which has brainwashed certain people brains. Aveline and Connor are different from this boring Hero type. Ezio is a clone from the white male hero and so is Edward, the same thing, the same cliché, the same stereotypical thing again.

ace3001
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Ezio is your stereotypical media hero, which has brainwashed certain people brains. Aveline and Connor are different from this boring Hero type. Ezio is a clone from the white male hero and so is Edward, the same thing, the same cliché, the same stereotypical thing again.
What do you even know about Edward to base this on? You just saw a two minute long trailer, in which he got a bit of screentime. The only other place we see Edward in is Forsaken, and there his behaviour is entirely different to his pirate days. So where's your basis for this?

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 08:53 PM
What do you even know about Edward to base this on? You just saw a two minute long trailer, in which he got a bit of screentime. The only other place we see Edward in is Forsaken, and there his behaviour is entirely different to his pirate days. So where's your basis for this?

Oh, im not going to argue with you.

hupponen
03-02-2013, 08:53 PM
if jump like a crazy man towards the enemy ship before his crew throw their ropes to do the same isn't he going Rambo I don't know what could possibly be.. :p

I know this might not reflect the game but IMO the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, if you know what I mean.. :p

Well yeah.. But at least he was ASSASSINATING someone! it's something :D

TorQue1988
03-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Ezio is the most human and realistic character, Altair is bland and onedimentional and Connor is naive and boring (and also had the worst voice character in the series). Aveline on the other hand is a good character.

ace3001
03-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Oh, im not going to argue with you.Of course you're not. You have no points to argue with. You just looked at Edward with a couple of women (maybe prostitutes?) and built up your own version of him in your head. The fact remains that we know nothing about him.

breakdownthewall
03-02-2013, 08:56 PM
The fact of the matter is, we know nothing about Edward Kenway, but he is not Ezio and he isn't Connor. He's Edward Kenway, a new protagonist, a new personality. I can't wait to know more about him.

rupok2
03-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Ezio is the most human and realistic character, Altair is bland and onedimentional and Connor is naive and boring (and also had the worst voice character in the series). Aveline on the other hand is a good character.

Ezio is the most realistic character? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I-Like-Pie45
Where the hell is Assassin_M when you need him?

MarleyMon81
Hoping we can pre-order beginning Monday. I'm ready!

Death_Aflame
03-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Lol, it's fake. Do you honestly think they would remove the eagle post from the hood? Removing it would be taking away some of Assassin's Creed's signature for it's Assassins.

rupok2
03-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Where the hell is Assassin_M when you need him?

He is weeping in the corner because the new protagonist is Ezio 2.0

prince162010
03-02-2013, 08:59 PM
it says that the video is private:(:( " could anyone send me this video?

rupok2
Lol, it's fake. Do you honestly think they would remove the eagle post from the hood? Removing it would be taking away some of Assassin's Creed's signature for it's Assassins.

Fake? I am sorry but this is the most idiotic thing I have heard all day.

ACfan443
Ezio is the most human and realistic character.

Lol. Thanks for the laugh.

FrankieSatt
And just as I feared it would be..... a full fledged naval game. Sorry, this will not succeed as an Assassin's Creed game.

ace3001
03-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Neither of them are very realistic. But Ezio actually worked for revenge, a concept that humans tend to work for a lot, unlike Altair's "it's my job to be an Assassin and follow orders" and Connor's "it's my responsibility to my tribe". Ezio was pissed that his family was killed, and he worked to take revenge. Which one is more plausible?

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 09:01 PM
He is weeping in the corner because the new protagonist is Ezio 2.0

Ezio = Roger Moore. Edward = Daniel Craig.

Edward seems harder, more silent and tougher.

itsamea-mario

Wait you think the Cgi trailer is fake? who the hell would have the time/money to make something like that?

FrankieSatt
it says that the video is private:(:( " could anyone send me this video?

Page 6

Death_Aflame
03-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Fake? I am sorry but this is the most idiotic thing I have heard all day.

http://i.imgur.com/gGk1lJT.gif

rupok2
03-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Guys if you want the video just put ac4 trailer within today on youtube not that hard.

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 09:03 PM

Ezio has a great vocie acting, but you have to pardon me here, he was not a realistic charcter, his story is very predictable and full of clichés. The Cristina missions were the worst for me, sorry. They reminded me of Twilight. Even so, i enjoyed the games with him, don't get me wrong. The only thing that disapointed me is that, i see that Ubisoft as game indsutry is getting this tiredsome cliché again to sell their games :(

dxsxhxcx
Neither of them are very realistic. But Ezio actually worked for revenge, a concept that humans tend to work for a lot, unlike Altair's "it's my job to be an Assassin and follow orders" and Connor's "it's my responsibility to my tribe". Ezio was pissed that his family was killed, and he worked to take revenge. Which one is more plausible?

yeah, because people with a high sense of duty don't exist in the real world...

hupponen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uaSVIQsf-gU

This works.

ace3001
03-02-2013, 09:04 PM
<stupid gif>
You really think it's fake? Who the hell is going to waste so much resources to make a trailer like that? Thanks for the laugh.

nitres15
03-02-2013, 09:04 PM
it is official, i hate fans... all of them

rupok2
03-02-2013, 09:06 PM
SO the question is since this leaked and cannot be contained are Ubisoft gonna release the same trailer on Monday officially? Cause that would be a letdown tbh.

IceHot100
Oh man! Edward is a fudgin badass! Looks like they heard the masses and developed a Ezio-like character! But nevertheless will I forget Connor :3

VitaminsXYZ

Pretty much every big fandom. XD

Death_Aflame
You really think it's fake? Who the hell is going to waste so much resources to make a trailer like that? Thanks for the laugh.

A lot of people. Look at the fake pictures someone made for AC IV being set in China. Look at the fake CGI that was created for AC II & AC III. Do you honestly think, an AC IV CGI trailer would be released so close to AC III's release? Ubisoft always wait until E3 to reveal trailers or they release them when they say they're going to. No sooner and no later.

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Of course you're not. You have no points to argue with. You just looked at Edward with a couple of women (maybe prostitutes?) and built up your own version of him in your head. The fact remains that we know nothing about him.

I don't argue idioicies with idiots thats all

ace3001
Me too, including myself and every one of us here. I'm off to bed. Maybe my disappointment will tone down by tomorrow. I'd like to say "Ubisoft can have the new fans and hang with them for all I care", but I know I won't be able to resist this game, no matter how unfit for the Assassin's Creed name it'll be. (Unless of course it's full on naval. In which case I will resist it.)

hupponen
A lot of people. Look at the fake pictures someone made for AC IV being set in China. Look at the fake CGI that was created for AC II & AC III. Do you honestly think, an AC IV CGI trailer would be released so close to AC III's release? Ubisoft always wait until E3 to reveal trailers.

That is too well made to be fake.

rupok2
03-02-2013, 09:08 PM
A lot of people. Look at the fake pictures someone made for AC IV being set in China. Look at the fake CGI that was created for AC II & AC III. Do you honestly think, an AC IV CGI trailer would be released so close to AC III's release? Ubisoft always wait until E3 to reveal trailers.

Making pictures and making a CGI trailer is not at the same level. You know how expensive it is to make CGI of this quality? ALOT of money.

ace3001
I don't argue idioticies with idiots thats all
At least speak proper English if you're trying to insult someone.

Death_Aflame
That is too well made to be fake.

Not really. CGI is easy to create, when you have the proper tools for the job.

breakdownthewall
03-02-2013, 09:09 PM
In my opinion, what makes Ezio so great is the fact that at this point we probably know more about Ezio than we do about Connor.
We've witnessed all the interesting turn of events that had occurred in Ezio's life starting from his birth, and as a result the majority of the AC fanbase loves Ezio more than anyone else.
Sure, he's a womanizer and not serious like Altair or Connor, but he sought vengeance upon those who betrayed his family.
In my opinion, this is what made the AC2 storyline a lot more interesting that the other games. Altair was determined to once again rise in the ranks of the Assassin's, while Connor wanted safely for his tribe (and he failed).
Now, which one of these three basic storylines sound more appealing? To the majority, It's Ezio's story.

rupok2
At least speak proper English if you're trying to insult someone.

He did...

ace3001
A lot of people. Look at the fake pictures someone made for AC IV being set in China. Look at the fake CGI that was created for AC II & AC III. Do you honestly think, an AC IV CGI trailer would be released so close to AC III's release? Ubisoft always wait until E3 to reveal trailers or they release them when they say they're going to. No sooner and no later.This is the trailer they were going to release tomorrow. GamesRadar put it up early for some reason. Maybe a mistake, maybe intentional, we don't know. However, it's too authentic to be fake. Making this kinda CGI trailer is no easy task. And this time, I really am off to bed.

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Wait you think the Cgi trailer is fake? who the hell would have the time/money to make something like that?

Only Assassin_M has the resources and dedication to spend a couple of months and a million dollars, to produce a fake trailer just to troll everyone :p

Lass4r
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
SO the question is since this leaked and cannot be contained are Ubisoft gonna release the same trailer on Monday officially? Cause that would be a letdown tbh.
Uhm yeah, of course it's going to be the same. Do you seriously expect them to smack together a new trailer in 2 days?

Locopells
03-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Hoping we can pre-order beginning Monday. I'm ready!

You already can - for consoles - on Amazon...

itsamea-mario
Not really. CGI is easy to create, when you have the proper tools for the job.

Ubisoft confirmed Black flags earlier this week.
A trailer like this would have taken a lot longer than a few days to make,

ace3001
He did...

idioticies

Okay.

TorQue1988
Yes he is the MOST realistic character, in comparison with the other. He is a womanizer and arrogant in his youth (like most teenagers, especially italian ones during the renaissance). His family is killed and he seeks revenge, like most people would do (especially proud italians). When he gets older he realizes that he should have chosen a different life, because revenge only brought him more pain, and then he just wants to settle down and have a family. How is that not realistic?
About Altair there even isn't much to be said because he is just bland, one dimentional, cold killing machine. He's more a robot that a human being. How is that realistic?
Connor is quite realistic too, but he is not as complex as Ezio and he is just boring.
Now about Edward. Like i said in a previous post: pirates plundered and spent all the money on booze and women. So why are you people complaining about the prostitutes? And about the fact that he jumped head first when boarding the ship, pirates were not cowards you know...

itsamea-mario
03-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Only Assassin_M has the resources and dedication to spend a couple of months and a million dollars, to produce a fake trailer just to troll everyone :p

OH. MY. GOD!

Goddammit men, i want that man seized right this instant, go go go!!!

hupponen
I just noticed that in the end of the trailer it shows a PS4 logo. So it will be for the next-gen consoles too! :D

Mattaio19
lol the trailer is real jeez, Death_Aflame is just in denial about it, don't pay attention to him. So if it's not real then tell me why are they deleting it from youtube? Hmmm? Because it's A: leaked and not supposed to be out till monday night and B: IT'S REAL. It honestly looks gorgeous! :D

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 09:13 PM
only assassin_m has the resources and dedication to spend a couple of months and a million dollars, to produce a fake trailer just to troll everyone :p

lol :p

WalSwJan
Oh ****! Private! D: I.NEED.IT.NOW.PLEASE.

ace3001
Yes he is the MOST realistic character, in comparison with the other. He is a womanizer and arrogant in his youth (like most teenagers, especially italian ones during the renaissance). His family is killed and he seeks revenge, like most people would do (especially proud italians). When he gets older he realizes that he should have chosen a different life, because revenge only brought him more pain, and then he just wants to settle down and have a family. How is that not realistic?
About Altair there even isn't much to be said because he is just bland, one dimentional, cold killing machine. He's more a robot that a human being. How is that realistic?
Connor is quite realistic too, but he is not as complex as Ezio and he is just boring.
Now about Edward. Like i said in a previous post: pirates plundered and spent all the money on booze and women. So why are you people complaining about the prostitutes? And about the fact that he jumped head first when boarding the ship, pirates were not cowards you know...It's now the "cool" thing to hate Ezio.

rupok2
03-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Okay.

He spoke proper english just spelled something wrong but I am not gonna argue something unrelated to the topic any further.

And I can't believe I actually want Assassin_M's opinion on something.

hupponen
03-02-2013, 09:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uaSVIQsf-gU should work.

TripleR309
03-02-2013, 09:15 PM
I give this trailer two hooks up :D

Xeho
03-02-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm still trying to understand why they are going back in time instead of forward like they have with the past 5 games on consoles/pc. Also wondering at the same time are we going to spend more time on the sea or on land.

Assassin_Banana
Now about Edward. Like i said in a previous post: pirates plundered and spent all the money on booze and women. So why are you people complaining about the prostitutes? And about the fact that he jumped head first when boarding the ship, pirates were not cowards you know...

Well i bet Edward is going to be fun for being a pirate. :P But i hope we dont get the revege thing again, thats just boring :-/

nitres15
It's now the "cool" thing to hate Ezio.
this is how it goes every time, even when AC3 was announced belive it or not

Death_Aflame
03-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Ubisoft confirmed Black flags earlier this week.
A trailer like this would have taken a lot longer than a few days to make,

Oh, okay then. That's one Assassin's Creed game I'm not buying. I feel it will be heavily focused on Naval Warfare, which I hated in AC III. I first bought Assassin's Creed because of the interesting story and the Assassin's free running skills, as well as the Hidden Blade. But now, ever since AC III, it's a former shadow of it's self. AC I was about striking your target before you were noticed, then you had to leave the area and hide. Nowadays, it's ' YOU'LL DIE HERE! TEMPLAR!! ' and letting out a war cry, while riding into an open field, only to take on an Army and kill a Templar for some random guy who preaches freedom, yeah, I'm looking at you, Connor.

rupok2
03-02-2013, 09:19 PM
this is how it goes every time, even when AC3 was announced belive it or not

NO ONE hates Ezio! How many times I have to repeat this? Its just we as longtime fans of the series don't want another character like him. Ezio is my favorite character in the franchise but he has been done to death.

TorQue1988
03-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Well i bet Edward is going to be fun for being a pirate. :P But i hope we dont get the revege thing again, thats just boring :-/
Yeah that would be a bad choice, considering we already had two revenge plots...

Locopells
03-02-2013, 09:20 PM

Just search YouTube for variants on the name, put the filter to show the newest first, and hey presto!

And I can't believe I actually want Assassin_M's opinion on something.

Where HAS he gone?!

deskp
03-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm still trying to understand why they are going back in time instead of forward like they have with the past 5 games on consoles/pc. Also wondering at the same time are we going to spend more time on the sea or on land.

Theres no reason to only go forward in time. all that does is limit your options.. The developers have always said they were going to only go forward. We will spend more than 50% of the game on land IM SURE. There will still be cities and jungles.

Gameplay on ships alone would be super limiting.

Death_Aflame
03-02-2013, 09:22 PM

Let's see. When Altair was five, he watched a man slit his throat infront of him. His mother and father was killed. He was raised by an Assassin to be a cold-hearted killing machine. It's more plausible than a seventeen year old going from a Noble to an Assassin Master.

nitres15
03-02-2013, 09:23 PM
NO ONE hates Ezio! How many times I have to repeat this? Its just we as longtime fans of the series don't want another character like him. Ezio is my favorite character in the franchise but he has been done to death.
what makes people think he´s like Ezio ? He is seen with 2 prostitues, long hair and a hood ? seriously ? That it ?!?. You must be seeing something i don´t to be so sure about that.

TorQue1988
03-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Let's see. When Altair was five, he watched a man slit his throat infront of him. His mother and father was killed. He was raised by an Assassin to be a cold-hearted killing machine. It's more plausible than a seventeen year old going from a Noble to an Assassin Master.
Yeah right, so Altair basically became a sociopath. That's your argument?

TheHumanTowel
03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Edward looks like Heath Ledger. The trailer was pretty cool overall. I'm not as excited as I was for the first AC3 trailer but maybe that's a good thing. I also appreciated that after all the swashbuckling and swordplay in the trailer the actual assassination we see Edward do is a stealthy affair with a bit of social stealth. There's still hope yet! Looks like courtesans will be making a return possibly.

Assassin_Banana
Yeah that would be a bad choice, considering we already had two revenge plots...

YES indeed :D. The Charles Lee plot was so annoying too!! Didn't make to much sense in the last sequence.

I-Like-Pie45
Oh, okay then. That's one Assassin's Creed game I'm not buying. I feel it will be heavily focused on Naval Warfare, which I hated in AC III. I first bought Assassin's Creed because of the interesting story and the Assassin's free running skills, as well as the Hidden Blade. But now, ever since AC III, it's a former shadow of it's self. AC I was about striking your target before you were noticed, then you had to leave the area and hide. Nowadays, it's ' YOU'LL DIE HERE! TEMPLAR!! ' and letting out a war cry, while riding into an open field, only to take on an Army and kill a Templar for some random guy who preaches freedom, yeah, I'm looking at you, Connor.
I don't recall being able to do that in Bunker Hill.

Death_Aflame
03-02-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't recall being able to do that in Bunker Hill.

I was referring to the trailer, seriously, how stupid are you?

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Edward looks like Heath Ledger. The trailer was pretty cool overall. I'm not as excited as I was for the first AC3 trailer but maybe that's a good thing. I also appreciated that after all the swashbuckling and swordplay in the trailer the actual assassination we see Edward do is a stealthy affair with a bit of social stealth. There's still hope yet! Looks like courtesans will be making a return possibly.

I def got the feeling that the last part was the developers trying to say "This is still Assassin's Creed!".

ACfan443
03-02-2013, 09:29 PM
I was referring to the trailer, seriously, how stupid are you?

Bit ironic coming from you.

WalSwJan
03-02-2013, 09:30 PM
I def got the feeling that the last part was the developers trying to say "This is still Assassin's Creed!".

That's exactly what I thought. He might be a pirate but if he's not on the ship with his crew he is an assassin and is dealing with templars.

nitres15
03-02-2013, 09:30 PM
im ready to quit the internet...

Death_Aflame
03-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Bit ironic coming from you.

Explain.

solarhalfbreed
03-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Seeing the trailer now has actually got me a little bit more excited now. When I first heard about Assassin's Creed doing pirates I was a little bit sceptical. Anyway, it's nice to see a Blonde English Assassin :) I can't wait for more updates :)

d4st4n96
03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uaSVIQsf-gU should work.
It work's for me :X :">

Locopells
03-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Explain.

Please. Don't.

ACfan443
03-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Explain.

I don't mean to be rude, but you did make some uneducated statements a few pages ago, then quickly called someone stupid, which is ironic.

Please. Don't.

Whoops :rolleyes:

TheHumanTowel
03-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Exactly. It makes me hope again. The trailer showed a good variety of gameplay actually. Combat, exploration, the cities, stealth. If they can just get the balance right between all the different aspects of AC this could be a great game.

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Seeing the trailer now has actually got me a little bit more excited now. When I first heard about Assassin's Creed doing pirates I was a little bit sceptical. Anyway, it's nice to see a Blonde English Assassin :) I can't wait for more updates :)

Next Assassin Creed should be about someone like Achilles :P

TorQue1988
03-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Exactly. It makes me hope again. The trailer showed a good variety of gameplay actually. Combat, exploration, the cities, stealth. If they can just get the balance right between all the different aspects of AC this could be a great game.
I think it's pretty much confirmed we will have underwater gameplay, no? It looks awesome and i'm glad they decided to use animals from Far Cry 3.

Death_Aflame
03-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but you did make some uneducated statements a few pages ago, then quickly called someone stupid, which is ironic.

Whoops :rolleyes:

They weren't uneducated statements, I'd suggest you go back and read them, you may learn something.

xXRyzonXx
03-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Heres what I don't get, this trailer makes him look badass, like even more then Connor's trailer, at one point he says he took down a spanish galleon by himself.. but how did he get taken down by a few masked thugs then?

WalSwJan
03-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Heres what I don't get, this trailer makes him look badass, like even more then Connor's trailer, at one point he says he took down a spanish galleon by himself.. but how did he get taken down by a few masked thugs then?

Maybe he didn't and everyone thought he died there...maybe that is what we will find out in the game...

I-Like-Pie45

Wonder how much gamers would like an Achilles prequel AC game where it ends with the destruction of the original American Brotherhood at the hands of Haytham's templars...

B_Crispino
black beard has some childish voice

B_Crispino
hope there's a haytham epilogue... that would be awesome

TripleR309
03-02-2013, 09:44 PM

I guess thats for us to find out :p

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 09:45 PM

Maybe when he selted down with his family it was because he could not move or fight the way he did before. Who knows, maybe his life after being a pirate let him wounded or something. Will be interesing to see ;)

nitres15
03-02-2013, 09:45 PM
black beard has some childish voice

i know right ? I was near a kindergarden last week, and let me tell you, those kid sounds like they´re after blood !

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Wonder how much gamers would like an Achilles prequel AC game where it ends with the destruction of the original American Brotherhood at the hands of Haytham's templars...

That would be awesome, instead of an Assassin as protagonist we should see a Templar :rolleyes: (hopes for Mister Haytham :D)

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 09:48 PM

After every reveal trailer I tell myself: "This may finally be it. Ubi will fit all the pieces together and deliver the most amazing game ever created!". And every time I end up a bit disapointed. But yeah this seems like it could be a very cool mix of gameplay and beautiful enviroments to explore. I would suspect they don't add a ton of new stuff (beside underwater swimming) and instead work on pushing all the innovations from AC3 (Naval, animals, tree parkour, new combat system). That also makes me very optimistic.

I pray they will figure out the mission design this time and add some more meaty side content! But we shall see. I may end up burned again...

solarhalfbreed
03-02-2013, 09:48 PM

I wouldn't mind that either but I would like some other time period. I'm still waiting on Victorian London....and I'll probably will be left waiting forever. XD