PDA

View Full Version : Things to put back in AC4

MaPk0
03-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Ok, i don't know where should i start. Please put back armors in shops, put back courtesans, thieves and mercenaries guilds. Don't make new assassin dumb and stupid as Connor was. Please add, i am begging you, add more tomb missions! In AC3, you could say those missions you get by retrieving trinkets for Peg-leg were kinda like tomb missions but they were too short! Please give a bigger role for your assassin recruits, in AC3, those guys didn't even know why were they in the guild. We need more stealthy gameplay, in AC3 it was easier to kill them all than do stealth. If there was any stealth. If there was anything in AC3 that i really liked (except the naval missions :p) it was free running. I liked the idea that you free run on 1 button, and how Connor did parkour (except it was buggy sometimes of course), but the environment kinda wasn't for free running. It was easier and faster to travel on the ground than it was using rooftops (which is more fun than running on the ground). The weapons in shops were kinda useless. Only thing i did was i crafted war tomahawk and that's it. That was all you needed. I probably forgot to add something important, but feel free to add it yourself. Thanks

Mr John Dread
03-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Don't forget the 2D puzzles we know from AC2 and ACB (the Subject 16 ones). I loved those.

Layytez
03-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Sense.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Courtesans, Thieves and Mercenaries don't need to be put into every AC game. They were reminiscent of Ezio's time so let them be there.

Connor wasn't dumb and stupid but that's another discussion.

Yes, make those trinket missions longer!

Btw, the recruits in AC3 were well aware of the Assassins Guild, and the Assassin-Templar fight. Atleast they were aware after Connor recruited them.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Connor isn't Dumb and stupid...
Assassin Recruits were totally aware of the war,they had some roles to,they were interactive,and their own special techniques.
Yeah,I agree,Tomb missions should be more and longer.More stealth(The crouching mechanic of wolf cloak can be utilised without the cloak).
I think...i didn't missed group factions.

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 01:35 PM
No armor please, keep it clean. Courtesans, thieves and mercenaries was a ridiculous mechanic that looked very silly and made no sense what so ever. Moving these skills to the recruits was a solid decision. More tombs I would love as well, my favourite type of missions. Since we are going pirate, treasure hunting is probably a major theme. Dispite the positive word before I would prefer if they just ditched the recruit system entirely. I want to do stuff on my own, not have a bunch of bafoons rushing in and ruin the mood. More stealth, yes!

Overall AC shouldn't clinge to old mechanics imo and many of the changes made in AC3 were very sound.

eagleforlife1
03-02-2013, 01:44 PM
I don't think many people wore armour in 1715, especially pirates.

I hated the faction system, didn't get it at all. Please don't bring it back.

hellomrdarcy
03-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Connor is NOT dumb and stupid.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Exactly what Sushiglutton said. Now that your recruits can do what those factions did, no reason to bring them back.

silvermercy
03-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Please no Courtesans anymore. This was just for Ezio. If they did it again I'd actually find it a huge sexist addition.

Connor being "dumb and stupid". Sorry, I stopped reading right there. *facepalm*

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Please no Courtesans anymore. This was just for Ezio. If they did it again I'd actually find it a huge sexist addition.

Connor being "dumb and stupid". Sorry, I stopped reading right there. *facepalm*

They might have been whors but they were brave whors. ;)

UnlistedBeatle
03-02-2013, 02:12 PM
I personally liked most of the changes that AC3 did. I played a bit of the Ezio trilogy again the other day and I'm actually glad they got rid of the courtesans, thieves and mercenaries. They seem very unnatural just standing there, with no purpose apart from waiting for Ezio to call on them. Also I have to say, no matter how good you are at social stealth you will ALWAYS stand out if you are the only dude wearing assassin robes and a big sword among a group of women wearing flowing dresses.

I agree with the tombs though. Definitely make them longer and more numerous. The ones Ezio went through were incredible. Obviously you can't do the same ones here, but a similar idea would be awesome. Underground caves etc.

Connor being stupid... well it doesn't matter if you agree or not (I don't) that's nothing to do with gameplay. That's a story element. I hope that Edward is noble and strong but I would be happy if he had a bit of a ruthless streak in him too. Ezio definitely had a bit of that too ("Requiescat in pace, bastardo" anyone?). I loved Connor and Ezio but characters need to evolve. I hope Edward is suitably different from them all, while still being fun to play.

dxsxhxcx
03-02-2013, 02:17 PM
FREEDOM;
Find a way to bring the INVESTIGATIONS back as an OPTIONAL feature that'll provide more info about the target for those who decide to do it;
The simplicity of the ECONOMIC system of AC2 (IMO there's no need to put more focus on it than you did in AC2);
Hidden gun (a pirate needs to have a few tricks up his sleeve - in this case it'll be literal);
TOMB missions more PUZZLE oriented like some from AC2;
if you bring back ARMOR, make it entirely OPTIONAL;
give all the enemies some of the skills they had in AC1 (break our defense, grab, throw us away, etc);
about factions, I think the courtesans and thieves fit with the theme of the next game, but if implemented I would like to see these two factions with different abilities, it would be interesting have a paralell storyline (with several missions) involving them, maybe if we have them as an ally they could show us different ways to access a place during an assassination;

pacmanate
03-02-2013, 02:17 PM
A good story.

MaPk0
03-02-2013, 02:39 PM
It's my bad about saying that Connor is dumb and stupid, i wanted to say that he is always angry and stubborn and i didn't really like it because he was getting on my nerves, but that is just my opinion.

Locopells
03-02-2013, 02:41 PM
It's more that he views the world in black and white, and only learns about grey towards the end of the game. Something that the deleted scene from the end highlighted perfectly.

Jay_2750
03-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Weapon whelel of AC2 and ACB should be back.

TheHumanTowel
03-02-2013, 03:08 PM
A good story.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SNAP

I agree about the modern day story, that's just an absolute mess at the moment. The historical stuff is still pretty good. Bring back the sense mystery and conspiracy!

DavisP92
03-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Improve customization: Allow us to carry what weapons we want and what we wear, I don't want to run around with four guns, I don't want a sword either. All i want is to use hand to hand combat and my hidden blades.
Improve notoriety: If we're carrying four guns in a city then guards should follow us or pay more attention to us rather than if we didn't have any visible weapons. That should also mean have the hidden blade actually hidden under the sleeve.
Improve free-running so that it's not just hold one button and you can do everything
Improve AI, give them their old skills and have guns shots kill you after being shot twice.
co-op, since it's probably going to be in the game. Has to be different. Make a class base co-op; Archer, poison, and bomb maybe. customization so that the assassin's don't look completely like each other. We shouldn't be able to carry every weapon. combinations should be possible, attach a rope to an arrow and make a personalized zipline. poison arrow, bomb arrow, poison bomb, poison bomb arrow, etc.
A weight system should play a part in the game, so that if we carry every weapon and have all armor on then we are slower and can't do as many parkour moves but we get different animations like blacking with the armor rather than dodging. Vise-versa
Real assassinations, where we plan out our attack by investigating the target and all possible ways to get him. Similar to AC1 but perhaps more ways to obtain information.
More than 5 or 6 assassinations at least 11 would be nice.
Preparation should come back from AC1, we should be allowed to take out guards on a certain path so that we can use that way to escape
Eagle Vision should be updated, it should provide a way for us to find where our main missions and side missions are so that we can play without a map.
What was nice in the X06 demo of AC1 was that we had to escape the city, bring that back. We shouldn't stay in the city that we just killed a high priority target that everyone saw.

SixKeys
03-02-2013, 04:10 PM
As much as I liked some of the mechanics from the Ezio games like the guilds, tombs, assassin recruits and puzzles, after 3 games of those it's time for some innovation. AC3 didn't have enough new things to offer, despite what the devs promised. The Peg Leg missions were just a replacement for tombs and way too short and the recruits felt pointless. The glyph puzzles fit well into AC2/ACB when we still had the Subject 16 mystery, but bringing those back now would just feel like rehashing.

AC needs some serious innovation, not just reskinned mechanics from past games. The crafting system in AC3 had promise, but was poorly implemented and ultimately pointless. We should be able to craft things ourselves instead of just selling stuff overseas. Hunting should have more depth than just selling skins. How about letting us decorate our homebase with hunting trophies (elk horns, bear skin rugs etc.) or mixing poison or medicine out of herbs we collected ourselves? How about searching for objects that are actually relevant to the story, like shards of a PoE and piecing those together to form some kind of ultimate weapon/upgrade? Instead of recruiting assassins, how about implementing some sort of morality system where doing good things will make ordinary citizens more willing to help you and doing notorious things will make them fear you? How about having children actually DO something in the game other than just annoy you?

Look! I just came up with more new gameplay ideas in five minutes than AC3 devs did in 3 years! :rolleyes:

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Sort out the secondary objectives. Give them some context, much like the Homestead missions. We all know that AC3's secondary objectives sucked, so them out once and for all. Lets not make it, "oh, just go hear and press a button"...because that's what it felt like due to the fact they were so **** easy.

SixKeys
03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Sort out the secondary objectives. Give them some context, much like the Homestead missions. We all know that AC3's secondary objectives sucked, so them out once and for all. Lets not make it, "oh, just go hear and press a button"...because that's what it felt like due to the fact they were so **** easy.

^^ This. And for God's sake, put some effort into the cut scene animations. What ruined the Homestead missions for me was how stiff and awkward all the characters were.

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 04:40 PM

They must have ran out of time in AC3, I just can't see any other explanation why the side assassination missions were of such low quality. It felt like someone literary told the mission designers that: "Crap we forgot assassination missions. I need you to make a handful of them before lunch!" I think it would have been smarter to not have them at all tbh. Like you I'm hoping for more fleshed out ones in 4.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 04:44 PM
"Crap we forgot assassination missions. I need you to make a handful of them before lunch!"

lmao xD

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 04:48 PM
lmao xD

Perhaps they were allowed to grab something from the snack machine :). But seriously they spawned a guy somewhere on the map. If you walk up to him and tap a button five targets spawn on the map. It couldn't have taken more than a few hours to implement?

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Lol, i read that as 'launch' first instead of lunch, which is probably more fitting xD And yes they definitely do need to be fleshed out. The delivery requests i could sort of forgive because i had to craft the items before handing them over, but that also highlighted the lackluster crafting system lol. Yeah, these are things they really need to spend more time on.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who read that as "launch" xDD

apresmode
03-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Improve customization: Allow us to carry what weapons we want and what we wear, I don't want to run around with four guns, I don't want a sword either. All i want is to use hand to hand combat and my hidden blades.
Improve notoriety: If we're carrying four guns in a city then guards should follow us or pay more attention to us rather than if we didn't have any visible weapons. That should also mean have the hidden blade actually hidden under the sleeve.
Improve free-running so that it's not just hold one button and you can do everything
Improve AI, give them their old skills and have guns shots kill you after being shot twice.
co-op, since it's probably going to be in the game. Has to be different. Make a class base co-op; Archer, poison, and bomb maybe. customization so that the assassin's don't look completely like each other. We shouldn't be able to carry every weapon. combinations should be possible, attach a rope to an arrow and make a personalized zipline. poison arrow, bomb arrow, poison bomb, poison bomb arrow, etc.
A weight system should play a part in the game, so that if we carry every weapon and have all armor on then we are slower and can't do as many parkour moves but we get different animations like blacking with the armor rather than dodging. Vise-versa
Real assassinations, where we plan out our attack by investigating the target and all possible ways to get him. Similar to AC1 but perhaps more ways to obtain information.
More than 5 or 6 assassinations at least 11 would be nice.
Preparation should come back from AC1, we should be allowed to take out guards on a certain path so that we can use that way to escape
Eagle Vision should be updated, it should provide a way for us to find where our main missions and side missions are so that we can play without a map.
What was nice in the X06 demo of AC1 was that we had to escape the city, bring that back. We shouldn't stay in the city that we just killed a high priority target that everyone saw.

I think I'm with you on all points here. It would be a huge game, but I think AC deserves that.
I think coop would be cool almost like Fable 2 did it - where another player can hop in as your first mate and act in an assist role setting up escape routes, causing distractions etc. You could build up your own customized assassin alongside the main protagonist by playing in other people's games or by going on short missions around the world like described in the assassin recruit assignments. That way we could keep a tight character based story and have lots of character customization too.

Really I would like the story to make more sense. There were so many times that things just looked skipped over in AC3 like when COnnor and Haytham meet, and Haytham already knows he is his son. There's plenty of other things like that.

Rope swinging - It would be cool on ships and in towns maybe you could shoot an rope arrow to one point and use it to swing to another point. It could serve as a long jump or even infiltration method. Swashbuckler style.

Sushiglutton
03-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Lol, i read that as 'launch' first instead of lunch, which is probably more fitting xD And yes they definitely do need to be fleshed out. The delivery requests i could sort of forgive because i had to craft the items before handing them over, but that also highlighted the lackluster crafting system lol. Yeah, these are things they really need to spend more time on.

Haha I guess "launch" would have made more sense, but I was not being serious ;). I think that side missions may be one of the things that suffers the most from the yearly releases.

ShrunkLawyer0
03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
apresmode totally agree also for the love of god make combat intuitive like ac2 or revelations and by that i mean if i block it should block also please no ganging up i awalys felt out manned in 3 also the armor doesnt need to be plate armor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainmail#History

DavisP92
03-02-2013, 05:50 PM
I think I'm with you on all points here. It would be a huge game, but I think AC deserves that.
I think coop would be cool almost like Fable 2 did it - where another player can hop in as your first mate and act in an assist role setting up escape routes, causing distractions etc. You could build up your own customized assassin alongside the main protagonist by playing in other people's games or by going on short missions around the world like described in the assassin recruit assignments. That way we could keep a tight character based story and have lots of character customization too.

Really I would like the story to make more sense. There were so many times that things just looked skipped over in AC3 like when COnnor and Haytham meet, and Haytham already knows he is his son. There's plenty of other things like that.

Rope swinging - It would be cool on ships and in towns maybe you could shoot an rope arrow to one point and use it to swing to another point. It could serve as a long jump or even infiltration method. Swashbuckler style.

I'm hoping the co-op isn't drop in drop out, i think at first in AC1 that would have been okay but now there are many other possibilities that would suit the game better. They could have co-op story where two modern day assassins relive the lives of two assassins who are brothers or sisters (whatever) and start from there, very similar to Splinter Cell Conviction.

Or they could go another route that could be even better in the long run for both the gamers and Ubisoft. They can have us play as new recruits for let's say ezio in ACB or ACR and we can go on the missions that we sent our recruits on. Some of them were assassinations missions, theft missions, defending missions, etc. They would provide variety in gameplay new locations to go to because some where in Egypt, Rome, Spain, and other places. There were even missions that had parts to it like the one that had us save the mentor in Egypt that was a descendant of Altair. They could release dlcs in new locations that would keep bringing games back for a long time, and with them researching new locations and putting it into the co-op experience they can also use the research they did for the co-op for their next game.

About the using rope swinging, i'm sure it'll be in AC IV on the ships but using an arrow for that means that the arrow would have to be very strong. Which could mean crafting different arrows, normal ones for killing, strong arrows for the ropes. Using any of these would mean we need to get rid of the lock on system with the ranged weapons, we'll need free-aim. Because we should be able to shoot arrows anywhere not at certain areas. Free-aim would also allow us to shoot arrows at arms or legs, non-lethal shots. It would allow us to slow targets down, this could even work for co-op allowing the archer to wound the target and letting the other assassin to catch him. Also humorous things could happen too, shoot an arrow at a guards foot and his foot is stuck to the ground, or shoot an arrow at a guards arm and pin him to a wall or even a horse ha. non-lethal shots could also play a part in the co-op combinations, poison tipped arrow would make a guard freak out and run back to his base (assassins follow), the poison then takes affect after a while making him attack and killing your target. He gets blamed because he doesn't die and no one knows you did it.

Yea agree with you, that was an odd moment in AC3. Also how did Achilles know Connor was Haytham's son?

Co-op could really change this series for the better, but they have to do it right

crash3
03-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I hope Edward Kenway isnt a one man army like Connor was. I would like to see him taking orders from other assassins further up the ranks within the brotherhood. AC3 has a very solo feel to it, AC4 should be more like AC1 at its roots, kill a target, report back to the brotherhood for another assignment.

silvermercy
03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
I hope Edward Kenway isnt a one man army like Connor was. I would like to see him taking orders from other assassins further up the ranks within the brotherhood. AC3 has a very solo feel to it, AC4 should be more like AC1 at its roots, kill a target, report back to the brotherhood for another assignment.
I didn't mind being solo really. It actually felt darker.
With Edward being a pirate and in the newly-discovered lands I really doubt there's gonna be a huge brotherhood. That was for AC2.

DavisP92
03-02-2013, 06:21 PM

I'm sorry but I highly doubt this will happen but I would like it in the co-op part in the game. We should start at the very bottom and only move up the ranks after successively completing assassinations/missions. We shouldn't have every weapon, and every skill. We should start off as recruits that only know how to use one weapon at first, so let's say i pick bow and you pick dagger. the more missions we complete the more skill points we get to which we can use (it would be more like go up a rank and you're allowed to be taught a new skill). I go from bow to rope arrow skill, to improved knocking speed and etc. While you pick dagger and learn how to use two daggers. Then you branch to learning how to use throwing knives and the next skill you get combines daggers and throwing knives. While i branch to hand to hand combat, which then gives me disarming and finally redirecting attacks. Skills could even go to tree-parkour, to parkour combat, and such.

This is the only reason i see why starting as recruits would work gameplay wise, and it would give us more reason to replay the game.

dxsxhxcx
03-02-2013, 07:14 PM
I didn't mind being solo really. It actually felt darker.
With Edward being a pirate and in the newly-discovered lands I really doubt there's gonna be a huge brotherhood. That was for AC2.

well, they could make like they did in the Fall comics, at the beginning of each comic a message from the Mentor was passed to Nikolai with his orders, the Mentor doesn't necessarily need to appear in the game in person, but it would be nice to see the ancestor interacting (even if from distance) with something bigger than him, I'm also tired of "one man army" ancestors, IMO if the "Brotherhood" be implemented in the game, we shouldn't recruit its members, they should already be part of the Order interacting with the ancestor from time to time but having their own agenda/missions (which means we wouldn't have access to them all the time)

hupponen
03-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I want music in the background. Freeroaming was so boring in AC3 atleast in the cities.

Ragsash
03-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Please give a bigger role for your assassin recruits, in AC3, those guys didn't even know why were they in the guild.s

Are you serious? the Assassin recruits have never had such a big role as they did in AC3! one of them was even in several cutscreens in the main storyline and had dialogs with others.
you were more of a mentor than Ezio ever was. he told them why they fought and you found out why they fought. and what they believed in.

So I really dont get this complaint...
I personaly loved how they did the recruts in AC3 the only "flaw" was that they were only 6 of them. I really hope they will have 12 diffrent ones like they did in AC3 couse thats the most fun I had doing sidemissions ever.
And I liked in brotherhood how they had that cerimony...here when they joined (reached max level) nothing happend...so that was quite sad...but as Connor didint have one I guess it made sense...but still something like "Now your one of us"

Jarek23
03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Tombs/lairs.
Ambient music.
More player freedom on missions.
Visible text if using subtitles for foreign languages.

Ragsash
03-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Yea agree with you, that was an odd moment in AC3. Also how did Achilles know Connor was Haytham's son?

Co-op could really change this series for the better, but they have to do it right

there was a big leap from when Connor was 14 too 17 I guess he told him during that time...or any of the other times during those "6 months later or this many years later"

dogziler
03-02-2013, 09:00 PM
no armor, because they would've phased out "armor" by then, what with everything they had. if there were different pirate factions in place of traditional factions that'd be awesome. and make more stealthy mechanics, like not just social. social is nice but you should have a better cover system, where he can crouch behind low brick walls and not just behind corners. and maybe a pirate crossbow, to be silent and all. and he should have knives again,also. it would make sense for a pirate to have them. and last but not least, free running in an environment like what hong kong has. crowded, and smelly. this would be like Tortuga pirate port, or port royale.

DavisP92
03-02-2013, 09:19 PM
there was a big leap from when Connor was 14 too 17 I guess he told him during that time...or any of the other times during those "6 months later or this many years later"

No, he knew about Connor being Haytham's son before the training

Death_Aflame
03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Don't forget the original Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed: Revelations' Knife animations and counter-kills.

Grazel69
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Leave the armor out, I want the game to get harder as I get further into the story, not easier. I'd much rather have different costumes like in AC3

I agree on the courtesan part and I think they would fit very well theme-wise with pirates I just feel like mechanicly they need work or there should just be a reason to actually use them

Thieves and Mercenarys I don't really care about

Connor wasn't stupid he was a brilliant character and VERY underrated because people were too stupid understand the subtle nuances of the voice actor. Nevertheless personality wise I feel like Edward might be more Ezio-like and alot more open, because he probably didn't have a troubled past like Connor did

Out of all the tomb missions in the game I have to say the ones in AC3 were the best, they had alot of flavor(in a mansion through some shipwrecked boats) the ones before that were pretty bland and were pretty much always in a cave or sewers or whatever. So lots of flavour plz!

Totally agree on the recruit part, I didn't even know that L2 brought up the assassin menu untill I almost beat the game, what I did like about them after I found out that butcher dude wasn't the only guy you could have was that they were not all alike, each was his own seperate person with a short story and unique look. I would be totally fine if the roles were diminished and they were kind of your crew of your ship or whatever.

Yes combat definitly too easy still but from ACR to AC3 vast improvements I hope that's the case aswell from AC3 to AC4

True, freerunning was pretty cool but sometimes useless (would love to see some cool rope swinging like in the trailer and cool freerunning on the masts)

I actually liked the crafting and that you could craft actual useful stuff like holsters and new guns or a unique sword, it could be very cool in AC4 if improved upon and maybe you could only fill up your ship hold to a certain point and would have to physically transport the goods yourself(because it was kind of too easy to make money in AC3 while using crafting)

crash3
03-02-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm sorry but I highly doubt this will happen but I would like it in the co-op part in the game. We should start at the very bottom and only move up the ranks after successively completing assassinations/missions. We shouldn't have every weapon, and every skill. We should start off as recruits that only know how to use one weapon at first, so let's say i pick bow and you pick dagger. the more missions we complete the more skill points we get to which we can use (it would be more like go up a rank and you're allowed to be taught a new skill). I go from bow to rope arrow skill, to improved knocking speed and etc. While you pick dagger and learn how to use two daggers. Then you branch to learning how to use throwing knives and the next skill you get combines daggers and throwing knives. While i branch to hand to hand combat, which then gives me disarming and finally redirecting attacks. Skills could even go to tree-parkour, to parkour combat, and such.

This is the only reason i see why starting as recruits would work gameplay wise, and it would give us more reason to replay the game.

I take your point, however, I felt that AC3 went off on a slight tangent, don't mind Edward necessarily working alone, I just feel the game would be better if we saw more of the correspondence between members of the brotherhood as it would broaden our understanding of the AC world if you get me

austin128
03-03-2013, 12:48 AM
-Buying property which gives you a regular income over time.
-Animus training deal from Brotherhood
-Guilds
-Improved recruit system like in AssCreeBro or AssCreeRe
-Armors
- Political/historical intrigue Subject 16-esque puzzles

DavisP92
03-03-2013, 12:54 AM
I take your point, however, I felt that AC3 went off on a slight tangent, don't mind Edward necessarily working alone, I just feel the game would be better if we saw more of the correspondence between members of the brotherhood as it would broaden our understanding of the AC world if you get me

I do agree with you, it would be nice to see other members of the brotherhood before they were destroyed, hopefully we will.

BandicootBeav
03-03-2013, 04:24 AM
In some cases in video games i like to say dont fix what isnt broken. Why is it in AC3 we had to run around like head-less chickens to unfog the map as there wasnt enough viewpoints. Seriously this bugged me a lot, it was fine for 4 games why change it? I also think they should just dump the modern day story all together. in the end it was a huge dissapointment for me, im much happier with assassins vs templars throughout history and the possibilities that come with it.