PDA

View Full Version : Why the Secondary Title?

RinoTheBouncer
03-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Don't mean to complain here, just wondering why we call it "ACIV: Black Flag" while AC, AC2 and AC3 had only numbers in their title without any additional names. Are they planning to make the title ACIV have more than one setting/game? for example this is Edwards time with the "Black Flag" as a pirate, later it might be "Samurai" (just an example)..etc.?

BATISTABUS
03-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I expect we'll get an answer for this on Monday.

RinoTheBouncer
03-02-2013, 11:28 AM
I expect we'll get an answer for this on Monday.

*Goes looking for an Eye device of TWCB to know the future cuz I can't wait no more*

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Probably just because they don't want to announce a full on numbered title so soon after number 3. It's bad for marketing.

RinoTheBouncer
03-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Probably just because they don't want to announce a full on numbered title so soon after number 3. It's bad for marketing.

But it still had an IV. Honestly, I hope they drop the IV and keep only Black Flag. It would work perfectly, specially that it's so close to ACIII times period.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 11:34 AM
But it still had an IV. Honestly, I hope they drop the IV and keep only Black Flag. It would work perfectly, specially that it's so close to ACIII times period.

But if it was just called ACIV i think you'd get a lot more people questing why a full sequel is being announced so soon. Adding a title as well breaks the stigma, creates a sort of illusion.

hellomrdarcy
03-02-2013, 11:56 AM

I kind of agree with you on this one.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 12:00 PM
But if it was just called ACIV i think you'd get a lot more people questing why a full sequel is being announced so soon. Adding a title as well breaks the stigma, creates a sort of illusion.

Also makes the intention clearer. That there will be a lot of YARRR in this game. Like Brotherhood, Revelations.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 12:01 PM

This too. Assassins Creed: Black Flag.. sounds perfect really. I'm holding out that the "IV" has got to do with something important happening during the modern day timeline.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 12:04 PM
This too. Assassins Creed: Black Flag.. sounds perfect really. I'm holding out that the "IV" has got to do with something important happening during the modern day timeline.

I think the 'IV' i just down to the fact it's a new protagonist. And they've added 'Black Flag' for reasons we both mentioned above. At least that's what i'm thinking.

pirate1802
03-02-2013, 12:10 PM
I think the 'IV' i just down to the fact it's a new protagonist. And they've added 'Black Flag' for reasons we both mentioned above. At least that's what i'm thinking.

Kinda like because this has a new protagonist but (almost) the same period. It has elements both from a side-sequel and a numbered title. Hence the amalgamation of number and subtitle. That and to let us know its going to feature lots of me. (PIRATES!!)

pacmanate
03-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Well every numbered title is a new guy so they had to have a 4 in their. As for the subtitle, who the hell knows? No one here will have the answer.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Kinda like because this has a new protagonist but (almost) the same period. It has elements both from a side-sequel and a numbered title. Hence the amalgamation of number and subtitle. That and to let us know its going to feature lots of me. (PIRATES!!)

Nah, i think it's just a marketing tactic xD

Locopells
03-02-2013, 12:23 PM
pirate1802 has it, I think. That's been my take on it so far, anyway. Not to mention the new modern day storyline we're presumably getting.