PDA

View Full Version : Could Captain William Kidd be the Assassin in Black Flag?

skiddalz
03-01-2013, 11:13 PM
I haven't really heard anyone mentioning William Kidd as the possible main protagonist in Black Flag. Everyone keeps talking about Edward Kenway, but I only heard his name mentioned on Examiner (reliable source, not really?!) - Kidd was never claimed to be an assassin, but everything in AC3 made him look as though he could have been one. From the hiding of his "first civilization" treasure under the eagle rock, to knowing the Templars were after him, the insignia on his outfit that all of the Assassin's had. And the fact that this game is set on the open seas as a pirate would fit Kidd perfectly. Am I the only one thinking this?

RzaRecta357
03-01-2013, 11:17 PM
That would be awesome! An excuse for us to get our shard of Eden again.

Agates mentor is apparently from the area too so we may see them.

silvermercy
03-01-2013, 11:21 PM
I hope they don't go that way or I ain't buying it. Assassin's Creed is about Assassins.

(Besides, one of the Ubisoft cosplayers, who cosplayed Connor in game conventions last year, dropped a hint he'll be cosplaying as Edward.)

WalSwJan
03-01-2013, 11:22 PM
"Captain William Kidd (1645 – 1701) was a Scottish privateer."
He died too soon... :/

skiddalz
03-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I hope they don't go that way or I ain't buying it. Assassin's Creed is about Assassins.

(Besides, one of the Ubisoft cosplayers, who cosplayed Connor in game conventions last year, dropped a hint he'll be cosplaying as Edward.)

William Kidd COULD be an Assassin, for all of the reasons I mentioned above.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 11:41 PM
the game supposely takes place in 1715..... kidd died in 1701....

its most likely edward

skiddalz
03-01-2013, 11:42 PM
"Captain William Kidd (1645 – 1701) was a Scottish privateer."
He died too soon... :/

Have they told us what the time period for Black Flag is? What if Edward and William Kidd are both Assassins in the game?

skiddalz
03-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Do we know for sure it takes place in 1715?

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Do we know for sure it takes place in 1715?

Yes, but we don't know if that's when the game actually starts.

skiddalz
03-02-2013, 12:39 AM
So then there is a possibility that he could be a part of the game, if not the main protagonist.

silvermercy
03-02-2013, 12:43 AM
William Kidd COULD be an Assassin, for all of the reasons I mentioned above.
Yes, but so far no historical person has been made an assassin. They wouldn't be able to have a lot of creative power with him I'm afraid.

roostersrule2
03-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Isn't Edward Kenway confirmed?

Megas_Doux
03-02-2013, 01:02 AM
Yes, but so far no historical person has been made an assassin. They wouldn't be able to have a lot of creative power with him I'm afraid.

What????!!!!

No! There´s been some famous assassin historic figures such as Dante, Machiavelli, Giovanni Borgia and Brutus....

silvermercy
03-02-2013, 01:05 AM
What????!!!!

No! There´s been some famous assassin historic figures such as Dante, Machiavelli, Giovanni Borgia and Brutus....
For an AC game protagonist I mean.

roostersrule2
03-02-2013, 01:05 AM
What????!!!!

No! There´s been some famous assassin historic figures such as Dante, Machiavelli, Giovanni Borgia and Brutus....Yes but none have been the main protagonists, Ubisoft should never make the protag a real person it's too hard.

Megas_Doux
03-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Yes but none have been the main protagonists, Ubisoft should never make the protag a real person it's too hard.

I know!

It is just that I though she meant otherwise.

skiddalz
03-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Is there a link that confirms Edward Kenway as the main protagonist? I mean, there are a lot of theories about Kidd's life... I don't think they would necessarily have to stick to a certain script by portraying him. And maybe, there could be two main protagonists.... Edward and William..... I don't know. Something to think about. I just think that whatever lead up in Kidd's journey to his part in AC3 would be pretty cool to depict in the next one.