PDA

View Full Version : is AC4 an abstergo entertainment product

Radman500
03-01-2013, 08:31 PM
that would be seriously lame

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 08:33 PM
You know what's seriously lame? You starting threads for every snippet of information/RUMOUR. Please stop.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Yes it would be seriously lame, which is why I can't believe it'll happen.

Perk89
03-01-2013, 08:47 PM
I would definitely be opposed to it, but yes, sadly, that's what the evidence seems to suggest.

Quit the Templar hugging.

RomanoTjavo
03-05-2013, 05:17 PM
What the hell?? I tought assassins creed where about the assassins...Not reliving the memories of some abstergo employees??
The assassins creed series has lost its touch...
Im having second toughts about continuing with this franchise if these rumors are true...

EnXess
03-05-2013, 05:24 PM
'Quit the Templar hugging' 'it's about the Assassins'?

Jesus Christ people this isn't a pre-teen Television show with 'baddies' and 'goodies' it is a serious work of fiction aimed at adults (given that the games carry an 18 rating). Assassins Creed by its very nature is an ambiguous game, since the first game we have only been with the Assassins and as such have been subject to their propaganda.

The Assassins are not good and the Templars are not bad but merely opposing factions. Who is to say the Assassins' view of freedom is correct? What do people do with that freedom? Are the Templars right, though? Is control for peace a worthy cause? The Assassins' method causes war, freedom to kill and enslave, freedom to do whatever you want, good or bad. The Templars are not the bad guys here but nor are the Assassins.

freddie_1897
03-05-2013, 05:35 PM
'Quit the Templar hugging' 'it's about the Assassins'?

Jesus Christ people this isn't a pre-teen Television show with 'baddies' and 'goodies' it is a serious work of fiction aimed at adults (given that the games carry an 18 rating). Assassins Creed by its very nature is an ambiguous game, since the first game we have only been with the Assassins and as such have been subject to their propaganda.

The Assassins are not good and the Templars are not bad but merely opposing factions. Who is to say the Assassins' view of freedom is correct? What do people do with that freedom? Are the Templars right, though? Is control for peace a worthy cause? The Assassins' method causes war, freedom to kill and enslave, freedom to do whatever you want, good or bad. The Templars are not the bad guys here but nor are the Assassins.
I actually think Haytham made a lot of good points in AC3. Firstly the assassins want free will for everyone yet that is essentially Anarchy, which is a bad idea.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-05-2013, 05:42 PM
No,its an Ubisoft Montreal product.

montagemik
03-05-2013, 05:46 PM
What the hell?? I tought assassins creed where about the assassins...Not reliving the memories of some abstergo employees??
The assassins creed series has lost its touch...
Im having second toughts about continuing with this franchise if these rumors are true...

We're reliving the Memories of an ASSASSIN - Not an Abstergo employee . If you're gonna start beating your Stick , at least try to grab the right End of it .

Desmond's memories were hacked in AC3 , He's DEAD ............So now anyone at abstergo can relive that memory line , No Assassin descendant required in the Animus chair.
The reason we have to relive those memories for Abstergo ,Will make sense & Will be very relevant to the whole story .

I don't think the AC story has lost touch at all , Too many people just want instant answers to everything & they want it how they like right now, not when Ubisoft decide .
It's not a children's story , So it won't be a simple straightforward plotline that you'll have to follow .

So many complaints after a few minutes of preview footage 8 months before release .............. Hard to believe this is intended for 18 & overs really.

SixKeys
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I actually think Haytham made a lot of good points in AC3. Firstly the assassins want free will for everyone yet that is essentially Anarchy, which is a bad idea.

No. Anarchy is freedom from any kind of order or authority (like the police, judicial system or any form of government). Free will is what you currently have (most likely): the ability to say what you want in public without having to fear getting killed for it, the freedom to practice your religious faith, the freedom to vote for the people you'd like to see running your government etc. THIS is what the Templars oppose. And this is why I have such a hard time understanding why so many of our forum members say they support the Templar ideology. They are basically saying they would be fine with less freedom than they currently have.

Bastiaen
03-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Not an abstergo entertainment product... yet. We're a researcher at Abstergo Entertainment, possibly putting together said product, while searching Ed's memories for something the Templars want.