PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the new setting?

lothario-da-be
03-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Do you like it that the setting of ac4 BF is the Caribbean? I think it has more potential then you might first think.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 05:20 PM
It may well be the best AC setting yet (remember I said "may"). I like it. I even have made up an imaginary reveal trailer in my mind :p Will see how close it is to reality on Monday :D

lothario-da-be
03-01-2013, 05:25 PM
It may well be the best AC setting yet (remember I said "may"). I like it. I even have made up an imaginary reveal trailer in my mind :p Will see how close it is to reality on Monday :D
I hope the reveal is better planned then ac3's! I sat there watching the countdown for 30 minutes and when it reached 0 the servers couldn't handle it anymore, had to watch it on youtube later. NOT funny.

Locopells
03-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Well, thanks to work, I'm gonna miss it by at least an hour, so...

SaintPerkele
03-01-2013, 06:02 PM
It will definitely be one of the most beautiful ones. But whether it will stay true to what Assassin's Creed once meant is the question right now.. Thus a "no opinion yet", until I can make up my mind. I still think this is milking the cow at its best though.

Jon253
03-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Yes, I'm been trying to get my sister to try out the Assassin's Creed games. She's a huge fan of the pirates of the caribbean movies, so this might be enough to push her to try it.

montagemik
03-01-2013, 06:13 PM
No opinion yet - maybe too much sailing & too little Assassins Creed , way too early to know or judge .

London on the other hand - Would've been perfect , Then you'd know it was gonna be an AC game & not a potential Pirate romp around. , Atmospheric location , great buildings to free run , Fits with Haythams history & still possible to include some sailing if insisted on.

Locopells
03-01-2013, 06:13 PM
It will definitely be one of the most beautiful ones. But whether it will stay true to what Assassin's Creed once meant is the question right now.. Thus a "no opinion yet", until I can make up my mind. I still think this is milking the cow at its best though.

I'm just gonna treat it as an episode of a TV series where they do something like make it look like a 40's Marlow film. Fun for what it is, and a fun break from the norm, but not a change to the entire series.

SaintPerkele
03-01-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm just gonna treat it as an episode of a TV series where they do something like make it look like a 40's Marlow film. Fun for what it is, and a fun break from the norm, but not a change to the entire series.
But that's what the handheld-, Facebook-, mobile- and nonnumbered games were there for until now :(

AjinkyaParuleka
03-01-2013, 06:25 PM
They have not shown much,will decide after Monday.Anyone waiting for Episode 2 The Betrayal like me?Can't wait,the memory fragments and the story is cool and I want more forced stealth mission.

Rugterwyper32
03-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm really happy about the setting, actually. There is a lot of potential here, and honestly, I can't wait for it. I'll probably mess around in Havana constantly. I also have a friend who I've been trying to convince to try out the series, and the naval combat in 3 almost got him to get it, so this game might be the final push for him considering his love for that era

Rugterwyper32
03-01-2013, 06:38 PM
They have not shown much,will decide after Monday.Anyone waiting for Episode 2 The Betrayal like me?Can't wait,the memory fragments and the story is cool and I want more forced stealth mission.

Oh you can be sure I'm excited for that. I wonder what changes they made to Boston to make it work with the alternate timeline.

Sushiglutton
03-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Oh yes, if that wasn't clear from my thread :). Tbh I couldn't care less if this is true to the core or not. If they keep pushing combat, navigation and stealth, loosen up the mission structure and decrease the handholding I'm onboard. This has the potential to be a great adventure!

ze_topazio
03-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I think it has a lot of potential.