PDA

View Full Version : i have a gut feeling Black Flag will be better then AC3

Radman500
03-01-2013, 05:21 AM
despite all this "milking" talk..... i have a feeling its going to be better then AC3....

they can listen to all the feedback from ac3 the positives and negatives and expand

naval combat, which even though some people didn't like, was highly popular

and hopefully Edward is much more enjoyable then his grandson

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 05:23 AM
I have this feeling as well. Because AC3 was kinda like AC1. Some people liked it, some people didn't. It showed flashes of brilliance, what it was capable of, but poor design decisions stopped it short of greatness.

AC4 can be to AC3 what AC2 was to AC1.

Turul.
03-01-2013, 05:28 AM
AC4 will be AC3 but with polish.

hopefully they get their act together a have good mission design.

hopefully the have a more relatable character than Connor (who i really like but many ppl feel disconnected from)

and hopefully the nail the pacing in both gameplay i story which was the biggest flaw besides the unpolished nature of the game,
and the completed bloated amount of content

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 05:28 AM
At this point I'm just hoping we get more than one city and a big storyline. Then we can move fro there. AC3's story especially Connor's part felt surprisingly short. I did a comparison and even Ezio in ACR had a longer playtime than Connor in AC3. That's simply unacceptable.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Edward Kenway though becomes a templar right \?

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 05:34 AM
Nope.

Legendz54
03-01-2013, 05:39 AM
Since they are calling it 4 I hope they make a jump like AC2-AC3 they must have been working on this for more than a year since its numbered all the good jumps always come with numbered titles.

Gi1t
03-01-2013, 07:17 AM
despite all this "milking" talk..... i have a feeling its going to be better then AC3....

they can listen to all the feedback from ac3 the positives and negatives and expand

naval combat, which even though some people didn't like, was highly popular

and hopefully Edward is much more enjoyable then his grandson

Unless the story really doesn't work out well, it ought to at least be a leg up on AC3, the question is, how big a jump will it be?

Also, I'm guessing this is coming from a whole different team? If so, maybe people who didn't like AC3 as much will prefer the way this group handles the series. Indeed, if that's the case and there's a much stronger favorable reaction, suppose they miight even become the preferred group for the development of later games?

Also, really? The new character's named Edward?

'Ed the Assassin?' :D

LoyalACFan
03-01-2013, 08:24 AM
At this point I'm just hoping we get more than one city and a big storyline. Then we can move fro there. AC3's story especially Connor's part felt surprisingly short. I did a comparison and even Ezio in ACR had a longer playtime than Connor in AC3. That's simply unacceptable.

Well, if the leaked image of the map is any indication of the in-game one, we're going to have access to at least a few cities in the Caribbean. I believe I recall seeing Nassau and Kingston.

As for the story, I'm expecting a Brotherhood or Revelations-length game. Because let's be honest with ourselves, this hasn't been planned for years as they will inevitably tell us it has.

montagemik
03-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Well, if the leaked image of the map is any indication of the in-game one, we're going to have access to at least a few cities in the Caribbean. I believe I recall seeing Nassau and Kingston.

As for the story, I'm expecting a Brotherhood or Revelations-length game. Because let's be honest with ourselves, this hasn't been planned for years as they will inevitably tell us it has.

I wouldn't be too sure about that - Ubisoft like to hold back certain ideas or features as they come up with them .

Like how revelations suddenly Added 2 Pirate type characters - No doubt that was around the time they came up with the idea of Naval battle content for AC-3 too.
The music when you died in AC-R Multiplayer = same Native music as Connors in AC-3 i thought .

It's almost as if they created some things for AC-3 during its 3 year development , but couldn't resist adding something similar to the current AC game at the time - AC-R .

And to be honest AC-3 spent way more time in Naval battles than the plot or story needed -
So there's Every chance Naval battles were intended for AC-4 BF , But they added a few more missions in AC-3 best way they could just so it doesn't seem like a major change to the game series .

I'm only speculating , But for me - AC3 is like Ezios AC-2 = Only half the real story , Half the game you're not an Assassin - then become one , then finish the story shortly after.
SO WHERE IS CONNOR'S 2ND HALF OF HIS STORY LIKE REBUILDING THE ORDER ? ...............I was hoping for more Connor story / timeline progression on PS3 ( like AC-B ) before jumping to AC-4 on the next gen consoles PS4 / X720 ?

Not sure i care about Haythams daddy as the next Assassin or too much focus on the Naval side of things .........
Can't we just be an Assassin & NOT a Pirate crossover ?

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Well they are in the business of selling games. With the kind of reception Connor and his story got in AC3 I'm not at all surprised they are ditching him. It was inevitable really, no matter how much we liked Connor. Sad, but can't blame them.

poptartz20
03-01-2013, 09:30 AM
I was really hoping for a Connor rebuilds the order, French revolution, meets Revelations as he discovers his fathers past through his journals type thing. Yet we discover a way to beat Juno.
Alas, this is all just wishful thinking on my end. Oh well. I'm not sure If I'm on the bandwagon to buy 4 yet for the simple fact that It just seem too soon! I loved 3 and I'm not ready to let go yet! Haha. Also I'm just so skeptical about this one I just don't know. I'll definitely play it though.

AdamXEve
03-01-2013, 10:11 AM
lol No.