PDA

View Full Version : Assassinís Creed IV: Black Flag dated, next-gen versions confirmed and 1 New Image

catkiller97
03-01-2013, 04:12 AM
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag dated, next-gen versions confirmed

http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/announce/img/lang/en-us/ageGate-bg.png

Along with the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, and Wii U versions
confirmed earlier today, the page says that Black Flag is “also coming
to next-gen consoles”. That should mean fans will be able to purchase
the next Assassin’s Creed on the PlayStation 4, and perhaps Microsoft’s
next-gen console as well.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o586/catkiller97/1111_zps13533402.png

Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed IV page additionally list a release date:
October 29. Those who pre-order the title will receive a collectible
Todd McFarlane poster.

Sharkey1337
03-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Nice, hopefully the poster isn't retailer exclusive (aka, Gamestop) as I really want it, but will preorder from Best Buy for the most likely $20 in rewards.

MarleyMon81
03-01-2013, 04:22 AM
I'll probably end up getting it for 360. Even though I plan on getting the next gen XB, this will probably come out first. Might as well finish up my 360's lifetime with a favorite series.

If it's coming to next gen, would it just be a current gen port or would we see major differences?

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-01-2013, 05:03 AM
:S...
i really hope this is good. that looks like pirates of the carribean lol.
i hate being pessimistic but im really not feeling this.. gonna wait before buying this one

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 05:05 AM
that looks like pirates of the carribean lol.
i hate being pessimistic but im really not feeling this.. gonna wait before buying this one

Thats exactly why I'm feeling this :D

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-01-2013, 05:13 AM
Thats exactly why I'm feeling this :D
Haha hey, theres a big chance im totally off of course :P, if they do this right it could be really good.
definitely gonna give it a chance though. hope they do this right :D

Will_Lucky
03-01-2013, 05:17 AM
My second PS4 game decided..excellent. Alongside Watch Dogs as well, Ubisoft really are lucky this year :P.

catkiller97
03-01-2013, 05:48 AM
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o586/catkiller97/1111_zps13533402.png

souNdwAve89
03-01-2013, 07:14 AM
I am still on the fence about getting the PS4 (unless the price is right at launch) since there isn't a game that I want so far. I already know I will be getting Watch_Dogs on the PC and maybe even this.

LoyalACFan
03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Looks like the image above is A.) Blackbeard, and B.) from a CGI trailer. No way in hell the in-game graphics look like that.

Ayush_S92
03-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Looks like the image above is A.) Blackbeard, and B.) from a CGI trailer. No way in hell the in-game graphics look like that.

Why not? Cut scene graphics can very well look like that, especially on next-gen.

poptartz20
03-01-2013, 09:58 AM

It's possible for the next gen consoles. not for for 360 or ps3

montagemik
03-01-2013, 10:28 AM

That image looks more like the AC-3 MP character - Commander , In the Commodore outfit in muted colours with a Longer beard = Soooooooo Unique , they clearly put the effort into character design .

If i do get this game , it's gonna be on PS4 , Has to be better at loading times at least .........Hopefully not just a PS3 port over

I read that once again PS3 version has an extra Hour of exclusive content
"" The imagery confirms its rumoured pirate setting, while a sticker on the PS3 version reveals the exclusive hour of gameplay - the same deal offered with Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.""

like the Benedict Arnold missions ( so more like 30 mins than 60 mins )

Lass4r
03-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Well, if I saw that image and didn't know it was AC, I think I would still be excited for that game. So there is hope!

RinoTheBouncer
03-01-2013, 12:08 PM
This is beyond awesome!

D.I.D.
03-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I'll probably end up getting it for 360. Even though I plan on getting the next gen XB, this will probably come out first. Might as well finish up my 360's lifetime with a favorite series.

If it's coming to next gen, would it just be a current gen port or would we see major differences?

You'll get some idea by comparing AC3's performance on a current gen console vs a PC (assuming it's a PC that didn't have the low FPS issue). AC3 barely ran on consoles, and it didn't run smoothly despite only having to run on predictable closed systems. The PC version was a different matter, despite Ubisoft's unwillingness to put the extra time and money into fully optimising major titles for PC so far: much better-looking, a higher resolution of course, better draw distance, and so on. It feels more responsive due to the machine being on top of the task.

You can expect the next gen versions to be at least as good in technical terms as the AC3 PC version, and it's quite likely there will be improvements on top of that. Perhaps a better comparison for these purposes would be Far Cry 3, since that's the Ubisoft game with perhaps the greatest difference between the console version and the PC one. It's most marked in the use of DX11, and this will represent the generation jump in the early days of the next gen consoles. You've been used to DX9 era's graphics, and you're going to feel that jump in the way object edges appear, some tesselation, better light effects supported by the latest ambient occlusion, better shadows, better special effects all round. If the last gen is anything to go by, expect the developers to throw in quite a few "hey, look at this!" moments that will look a bit odd in years to come, a bit like an expensive movie that keeps pointing objects into your face to remind you you're watching a 3D film.

It's going to take time to get the best out of the next gen while developers figure out ways to squeeze more work out of them, but you're certainly not going to be wishing you'd stuck with the same old machine.

yiddo93
03-01-2013, 03:02 PM
You'll get some idea by comparing AC3's performance on a current gen console vs a PC (assuming it's a PC that didn't have the low FPS issue). AC3 barely ran on consoles, and it didn't run smoothly despite only having to run on predictable closed systems. The PC version was a different matter, despite Ubisoft's unwillingness to put the extra time and money into fully optimising major titles for PC so far: much better-looking, a higher resolution of course, better draw distance, and so on. It feels more responsive due to the machine being on top of the task.

You can expect the next gen versions to be at least as good in technical terms as the AC3 PC version, and it's quite likely there will be improvements on top of that. Perhaps a better comparison for these purposes would be Far Cry 3, since that's the Ubisoft game with perhaps the greatest difference between the console version and the PC one. It's most marked in the use of DX11, and this will represent the generation jump in the early days of the next gen consoles. You've been used to DX9 era's graphics, and you're going to feel that jump in the way object edges appear, some tesselation, better light effects supported by the latest ambient occlusion, better shadows, better special effects all round. If the last gen is anything to go by, expect the developers to throw in quite a few "hey, look at this!" moments that will look a bit odd in years to come, a bit like an expensive movie that keeps pointing objects into your face to remind you you're watching a 3D film.

It's going to take time to get the best out of the next gen while developers figure out ways to squeeze more work out of them, but you're certainly not going to be wishing you'd stuck with the same old machine.

This is why next generation games should be better than many PC games are currently treated, as consoles are nearly always optimised for more than PC is.

silvermercy
03-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I want to get this for the PS4! But which version comes first? PS3 or PS4? I want to get this game on release date!

GunnarGunderson
03-01-2013, 03:30 PM
I assume it's Oct 29 2014. Or did ubisoft break their word again

AherasSTRG
03-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Or did ubisoft break their word again

They never gave the their word for something or anything like that.

Kaschra
03-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Another year, another Assassin's Creed as a birthday present - again xD

silvermercy
03-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Not sure if anyone posted this... What is this? From ToKW I take it... (Seems like Connor talking about his grandpa Edward while sailing)
http://kosappi.tumblr.com/post/44294676123/posting-this-for-my-lovely-followers-yes-our

I-Like-Pie45
03-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Not sure if anyone posted this... What is this? From ToKW I take it... (Seems like Connor talking about his grandpa Edward while sailing)
http://kosappi.tumblr.com/post/44294676123/posting-this-for-my-lovely-followers-yes-our
What better way to get people hyped up for your new AC4 game then the AC3 DLC?

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Yeah, looks like they're trying to put some 'foreshadowing' about AC4 into AC3 DLC.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-01-2013, 04:59 PM
How did Connor KNEW his grandad is a pirate?
The first pic is getting me hyped,waiting for Monday.Hope there is a connection between AC4:Black Flags and AC3.@silvermercy.If you say this is probably taken fro ToKW,we will probably meet Robert in Episode 2.And yes,the more Pirates of the Carribbian(or w/e its spelled),the more it looks good.By the way aren't Pirates supposed to look like that badazz guy over there?Weird thing Assassin_M hasn't reported yet.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 05:08 PM
What if ToKW, AC3 and AC4 are all connected?

I mean ToKW starting shows Conor arguing with Washington over a piece of Eden right? What if that piece is what causes the alternate timeline and that same piece causes Connor to view the memories of his grandfather... somehow? (Like Ezio did with Altair's)

silvermercy
03-01-2013, 08:03 PM
What if ToKW, AC3 and AC4 are all connected?

I mean ToKW starting shows Conor arguing with Washington over a piece of Eden right? What if that piece is what causes the alternate timeline and that same piece causes Connor to view the memories of his grandfather... somehow? (Like Ezio did with Altair's)
That could be very possible...

On the other hand everything could be explained with the Cloud now? Unless they want to use a modern protagonist again so they need to go back and branch off with Edward, and Haytham having having a half-sister. The modern protagonist could come from her side for example. (Oh I get a headache just thinking of these possibilities... lol)

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Connor might have just read it in Haytham's diary? The one he was reading at the start of AC3.

Will_Lucky
03-01-2013, 08:20 PM
That could be very possible...

On the other hand everything could be explained with the Cloud now? Unless they want to use a modern protagonist again so they need to go back and branch off with Edward, and Haytham having having a half-sister. The modern protagonist could come from her side for example. (Oh I get a headache just thinking of these possibilities... lol)

Well AC4 is apparently an Abstergo Entertainment product, so the Animus won't be involved.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Well AC4 is apparently an Abstergo Entertainment product, so the Animus won't be involved.

That would be a MAJOR bummer. I'm holding out that the numbered title means it has something of importance in the modern part.

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 08:25 PM

Is it? why's that?

Will_Lucky
03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Is it? why's that?

Looking at the leaked screenshot carefully at the background its more or less a exact match of the Animus effects from Liberation and shares similarity to the Multiplayer menu from AC3. The animus being used to process the game is an Abstergo Entertainment device.

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Looking at the leaked screenshot carefully at the background its more or less a exact match of the Animus effects from Liberation and shares similarity to the Multiplayer menu from AC3. The animus being used to process the game is an Abstergo Entertainment device.

I guess it's possible at this point. Hopefully come Monday they'll shed some light on the modern-day story.

SixKeys
03-01-2013, 08:49 PM
The AC3 multiplayer has Erudito hacking into Abstergo's videos and exposing the truth behind them. I suspect the whole Erudito mystery will play a much bigger part in the series from now on. If AC4 is meant to be an Abstergo product like Liberation (which, frankly, I doubt) then we might be getting Edward's story from a Templar point of view, but with hacked Erudito files here and there which tell the real story.

rileypoole1234
03-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Just a few days after my birthday.