PDA

View Full Version : 60 Minutes of Exclusive PS3 Gameplay? Again? Do we have a reason yet?

LegendaryNoCon
03-01-2013, 02:57 AM
So when Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood came along, ps3 players got the Copernicus Conspiracy DLC. That in its own wasn't very cool to xbox players since they're getting extra stuff for the exact same price that xbox players pay. Then when they announced for the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC that it would bundle all the exclusives into it as well, that was only half true. It only ended up bundling the Harlequin and Officer characters in with it. The xbox never got Copernicus Conspiracy. Fast forward to Assassin's Creed III. The ps3 version got the Benedict Arnold missions for free as well. Then when Hidden Secrets came out, it came with all the exclusives...except the Benedict Arnold missions. The only reason it's ridiculous now is because in The Infamy, Connor speaks to Benedict Arnold about the events that happen in those missions. So as an xbox player, I had NO idea what he was talking about. And now Black Flag is announced and the ps3 is getting even MORE stuff that the xbox will, if history teaches us anything, proceed to never get down the line.

My main question is why.

I have searched and searched and have not found one single reason that the ps3 gets special treatment, while xbox owners are forced to pay the exact same price to get less content just because they play on a different system. Not to mention the xbox community is the main group of purchases. They sell way more on the xbox than they do the ps3 and pc combined. So it can't be a financial reason.

If an official legitimate reason could be provided then all will be well. But this is getting ridiculous. Why are we getting cheaped out and for how long is it going to keep happening?

Sharkey1337
03-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Sony secures a deal with Ubi for the exclusive content, probably because the series still sells more on Xbox and Sony needs something to entice people to get it on PS3. I own both systems and still prefer getting it on Xbox myself as it's my system of preference, exclusive content be ****ed.

Gi1t
03-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Sony secures a deal with Ubi for the exclusive content, probably because the series still sells more on Xbox and Sony needs something to entice people to get it on PS3. I own both systems and still prefer getting it on Xbox myself as it's my system of preference, exclusive content be ****ed.

Yeah, they pay extra for it thinking one day we'll all just run out and buy their console instead for a few extras. -__- Like I'd waste the money. Even if it's something I'd really like to have, it doesn't even come close ot being worth the money, so all it amounts to is a constant annoyance that makes me even less interested in a Playstation than I was before.

poptartz20
03-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Or you could get a ps3. Haha. No but really I would agree with the fact that Sony probably does secure a deal with Ubisoft. I also think that AC3 is probably more popular among the playstation players/owners as well. ( I say this because in recent light of psn holding a players choice awards thing AC3 won for the best full game on the network it went up against other titles such as borderlands2 and playstation all stars) So with this being said, yeah they probably dish out more to Sony. Do I have a problem with this no, since I own one. :)

Ayush_S92
03-01-2013, 09:49 AM
I can sense the hate on this thread already.

montagemik
03-01-2013, 10:42 AM

Does it really ?? (Think not )
How do you explain the MP community event targets are always eventually lowered further for the X360 than on PS3 ?? .................. Because more people play AC MP on PS3.
Game sales show how many copies sold on launch day - The size of the active community shows How many people still own & play it 4 months later.
Buying it & keeping it aren't the same thing .....

And in any case - You have no clue what deal Sony have with Ubisoft .
Microsoft has more cash , So does X360 miss out because microsoft didn't offer enough OR because microsoft didn't offer at all .......... Or were microsoft just not given the option to make an offer ??

Locopells
03-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Guys, lighten up. ACB:CC was nothing special, largly running from point A to B, delivering letters.

ACIII:BA at least had a small extra map, but it still wasn't anything new or unique in mission design. It wasn't even 60 minutes long...

pacmanate
03-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Guys, lighten up. ACB:CC was nothing special, largly running from point A to B, delivering letters.

ACIII:BA at least had a small extra map, but it still wasn't anything new or unique in mission design. It wasn't even 60 minutes long...

Was just about to type this. The ending to Benedict Arnold didn't even involve you killing him. It was a waste of time and about 20 minutes long. One mission had you moving boxes or kegs (cant remember) a stupid distance to lengthen it out.

Mr_Shade
03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Guys, lets not start any console wars please...

Any additional gameplay - will not impact your enjoyment of the game's main story line..

It's a bonus..

If you own both consoles, it's a choice - details I expect will be announced closer to release.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I hope theirs something exclusive to PC....Better Optimization perhaps?

Locopells
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Well, we did actually get the BA missions, if you bought the DD edition.

Krayus Korianis
03-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Guys, lets not start any console wars please...

Any additional gameplay - will not impact your enjoyment of the game's main story line..

It's a bonus..

If you own both consoles, it's a choice - details I expect will be announced closer to release.
It impacted my enjoyment of the Infamy DLC...

TorQue1988
03-01-2013, 05:48 PM
It impacted my enjoyment of the Infamy DLC...
True, the Benedict Arnold DLC actually gave us some background relevant to The Infamy. I'm glad Benjamin Franklin will feature in the second episode of the DLC, because there wasn't enough of him in the main game.

Krayus Korianis
03-01-2013, 05:53 PM
True, the Benedict Arnold DLC actually gave us some background relevant to The Infamy. I'm glad Benjamin Franklin will feature in the second episode of the DLC, because there wasn't enough of him in the main game.

I have absolutely no idea what happened between Connor and Benedict Arnold. It kinda pissed me off a little.

SleezeRocker
03-01-2013, 05:57 PM

This right here^
I play on PS3 and the 'exclusive' missions for ACB/3 were not really all great. so if history serves, AC4:BF will have like 'exclusive' mundane missions lol

Locopells
03-01-2013, 06:00 PM

Agreed, though that fitted historically, if I remember right - he wasn't around a lot.

I have absolutely no idea what happened between Connor and Benedict Arnold. It kinda pissed me off a little.

Connor uncovers Arnold's plot to surrender West Point to the British, but he escapes (as he did in real life).

kuled2012
03-01-2013, 06:01 PM
You didn't really miss out tbh...

Krayus Korianis
03-01-2013, 06:09 PM
You didn't really miss out tbh...
Doesn't matter. I still wish to see it with my own eyes and not as a video on YouTube.

Locopells
03-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Notwithstanding what I've said, I can understand that.

SaintPerkele
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
My main question is why.
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/50215aa6eab8eafc42000014-650/money-dollar-bills.jpg

InfectedNation
03-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Krayus is justified in his frustration as I find it annoying to immerse myself in the story and world whenever there are inconsistencies - so when we're talking with Benedict Arnold in the Infamy it just annoys me a lot.

pacmanate
03-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Actually true, the DLC did have very little relevance, but still had some. Guess Ubisoft didn't look over that.

Gi1t
03-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Maybe they should make them less lame and then make them available to everyone. XD It kind of makes the whole thing seem unnecessary and pointless if they're really that useless. Changing that would be an improvement for both parties.