PDA

View Full Version : Connor not an Assassin?

thecodeman715
03-01-2013, 02:47 AM
:mad: I have seen A LOT of people on the forums comment that Connor was not an assassin, just some dude in Assassin clothes. I'm pretty sure Ubisoft would make their new protagonist an Assassin, not a wanna-be. Why do you think he is or isn't an Assassin, Achilles did give him some sort of initiation.

TangentialShark
03-01-2013, 03:31 AM
If he's not an assassin, then he's one bad-*** mofo.

LoyalACFan
03-01-2013, 03:37 AM
He is, but just barely. The Order itself was pretty much defunct at the time of the American Revolution thanks to Haytham and his pals, so it's tough to think of him as a full-fledged Assassin in the same sense as Ezio or Altair, who both rebuilt the Order pretty much from the ground up in their respective regions. Besides, we're going to see more of Connor eventually, so there's plenty of time for him to step up the the full Assassin position. Ezio himself was just a dude in Assassin clothes for 99% of AC2, and look where he wound up.

Megas_Doux
03-01-2013, 03:45 AM
Connor IS an assassin, a very brave one in fact:

Charging against an entire battalion just to get a single target
Faced the man who burned his village, killed his mother, and still, having the BALLS of not to kill him
He had to kill his longtime friend because he was supporting the enemy.

My personal favorite, pretty close in terms of his duty to Altair.......

LoyalACFan
03-01-2013, 03:50 AM
Connor IS an assassin, a very brave one in fact:

Charging against an entire battalion just to get a single target
Faced the man who burned his village, killed his mother, and still, having the BALLS of not to kill him
He had to kill his longtime friend because he was supporting the enemy.

My personal favorite, pretty close in terms of his duty to Altair.......

We're not talking about his personality traits or abilities, we're talking about whether or not he's really an adherent to the Assassin Order. Throughout the game, he's working almost entirely on a separate agenda; protect the village, free the colonists. Admirable, but that doesn't make him an Assassin.

LintonMildone
03-01-2013, 05:28 AM
We're not talking about his personality traits or abilities, we're talking about whether or not he's really an adherent to the Assassin Order. Throughout the game, he's working almost entirely on a separate agenda; protect the village, free the colonists. Admirable, but that doesn't make him an Assassin.Um I'm sorry but aren't assassins supposed to protect innocent people from being harmed, oppressed and killed by individuals intent on doing such and to also empower their free-will so they can hopefully make right decisions as a proper society and progress towards a better future of ultimate peace, prosperity and freedom. Hmmm sounds like Connor has the intentions of an assassin before he even knew the existence of them.

LoyalACFan
03-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Um I'm sorry but aren't assassins supposed to protect innocent people from being harmed, oppressed and killed by individuals intent on doing such and to also empower their free-will so they can hopefully make right decisions as a proper society and progress towards a better future of ultimate peace, prosperity and freedom. Hmmm sounds like Connor has the intentions of an assassin before he even knew the existence of them.

That just means he's a good person... Having goals aligned with those of the Assassins doesn't make you an Assassin.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 08:28 AM
That just means he's a good person... Having goals aligned with those of the Assassins doesn't make you an Assassin.

He did hunt out Templar targets too.. doesn't that make him a legit assassin?

LoyalACFan
03-01-2013, 08:37 AM
He did hunt out Templar targets too.. doesn't that make him a legit assassin?

I'm not arguing that he wasn't an Assassin at all (see my first post in this thread) but he was, without a doubt, working primarily on his own agenda. At any rate, he's still more of an Assassin than Ezio was in AC2 (excluding everything past the Battle of Forli). Ezio, in my mind, didn't really become a TRUE Assassin until ACB, when he stopped fighting Templars because of a personal vendetta and turned his attention to serving and rebuilding the Order itself. We just haven't seen Connor take that step yet.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm not arguing that he wasn't an Assassin at all (see my first post in this thread) but he was, without a doubt, working primarily on his own agenda. At any rate, he's still more of an Assassin than Ezio was in AC2 (excluding everything past the Battle of Forli). Ezio, in my mind, didn't really become a TRUE Assassin until ACB, when he stopped fighting Templars because of a personal vendetta and turned his attention to serving and rebuilding the Order itself. We just haven't seen Connor take that step yet.

If only Ubi had given him another chance.. :(