PDA

View Full Version : is this milking

Radman500
02-28-2013, 11:43 PM
announcement of "Black Flags" seems so soon?

Radman500
03-01-2013, 12:00 AM
it all seems to soon

NAVID4ASSASSIN
03-01-2013, 12:02 AM
No it is not.

LoyalACFan
03-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Too soon for a new character is a matter of opinion, but the announcement is right on schedule with the past few AC's.

mantledarcanum
03-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Aww.. back when AC2 was released, they were just releasing the rest of the game. But Loyal is right, they were announcing BroHo around this time as well.

Still feels like the gun is being jumped though.

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-01-2013, 05:05 AM
yes its milking thats what all the popular game corporations do nowadays

Gi1t
03-01-2013, 05:26 AM
yes its milking thats what all the popular game corporations do nowadays

Yeah, AC announcements are becoming more and more like the commercial Christmas season in America. (As of this past year it has officially consumed Thanksgiving. XD)
They seem to be coming earlier and earlier after the previous release.

TheSpong
03-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Yep, seems to me like they're milking it. The story had reached the perfect place for a time-out, and God knows the bugs & glitches that have increased with each game since Brotherhood give the impression that Ubi need to sort out their (in)competence. Yet here they are, another game released a year after the previous. I'm cynical to say the least.

I liked AC3, as much as it doesn't feel like AC any more, but it was a technical mess, it still is for a good number of people despite the title updates. In that respect, I expect Black Flag to be just as bad, if not worse, than AC3. As far as I can see, it's a game that's going to try and expand on an engine that already seemed to be faulty in AC3, and they're going to try and fix/expand on that using tired current-gen tech that's already stretched?

Black Flag definitely won't be a day one purchase for me, I have no faith in Ubi to give me a game that isn't coughing & spluttering behind the scenes. Once they release it and patch the hell out of it, I'll pick it up for 20 in a bargain bucket somewhere.

Lazybeans
03-01-2013, 08:12 AM
As much as I'd agree that they're milking it, I'd love to see how they expand the storyline. Sure, it seems like they left it at a decent stopping point, but personally I wasn't satisfied with it, haha.

I also think a big reason behind a new game is that awesome sailing system they have going on in AC3. It seems like they put too much effort into that to NOT reuse it!

poptartz20
03-01-2013, 09:35 AM
I feel it's really too soon as well... I think they could have at least waited until the DLC was finished. Oh well. I have mixed emotions on all of this.

montagemik
03-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Well i'm a little Cynical when it comes to AC & Ubisoft

It's possible & plausible they intended lots more content for AC-3 , But due to disk & console limitations ........Most was cut out or dropped from final game & postponed for the next title .
Free roam Naval play .........Never happened in AC-3 but was mentioned / hinted at in the game.
AC-IV BF islands could be the places we could've travelled to in AC-3 free roam for all we know .
Some further history for Connor / Haytham = Haythams daddy & his role in events.

But like AC-2 , As they couldn't fit everything in one game ...........We have another installment expanded to a full game in itself .

AC Number 4 or not - to me this is AC 3.5 at it's core . But i suppose i could be surprised or amazed with the end result , but would've preffered more Connor rather than Daddy Pirate .

velluch
03-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Well i'm a little Cynical when it comes to AC & Ubisoft

It's possible & plausible they intended lots more content for AC-3 , But due to disk & console limitations ........Most was cut out or dropped from final game & postponed for the next title .
Free roam Naval play .........Never happened in AC-3 but was mentioned / hinted at in the game.
AC-IV BF islands could be the places we could've travelled to in AC-3 free roam for all we know .
Some further history for Connor / Haytham = Haythams daddy & his role in events.

But like AC-2 , As they couldn't fit everything in one game ...........We have another installment expanded to a full game in itself .

AC Number 4 or not - to me this is AC 3.5 at it's core . But i suppose i could be surprised or amazed with the end result , but would've preffered more Connor rather than Daddy Pirate .
I would've liked more Connor to but I don't think this game was ever supposed to have Connor, whether we see him again or we don't.

Locopells
03-01-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm still going for the framing story of Connor investigating his Assassin ancestors.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm still going for the framing story of Connor investigating his Assassin ancestors.

That is a very interesting idea! Would satisfy both Connor lovers (somewhat) and haters in one stroke.

Locopells
03-01-2013, 05:24 PM
I've seen a link somewhere for a conversation Connor has in the next TOKW instalment about his grandfather, so...

If I'm right, it would explain why we have both number and subtitle this time.