PDA

View Full Version : What going to make Black Flag's protag different?

AllThatJuice
02-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Personally Im hoping for him to be a bit of an anti-hero. This will separate him from the previous main characters and also, anti heroes are pretty fun

Rugterwyper32
02-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Personally Im hoping for him to be a bit of an anti-hero. This will separate him from the previous main characters and also, anti heroes are pretty fun

I personally can see him like that. More aggressive and threatening than previous protagonists. I would like to see him being slightly sadistic to deviate a little, as well. While Altair killed because it was his duty, Ezio went from killing out of revenge to doing so as his duty and Connor not liking to kill but being forced to anyway, I'd like a character who actually enjoys that part of what he does. Perhaps eventually something could set him straight and he could realize death is not a toy, to put it one way.

r4inm4n1991
02-28-2013, 11:03 PM
I personally can see him like that. More aggressive and threatening than previous protagonists. I would like to see him being slightly sadistic to deviate a little, as well. While Altair killed because it was his duty, Ezio went from killing out of revenge to doing so as his duty and Connor not liking to kill but being forced to anyway, I'd like a character who actually enjoys that part of what he does. Perhaps eventually something could set him straight and he could realize death is not a toy, to put it one way.

Thats sounds so cliche, but so cool to the franchise.

Farlander1991
02-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Personally Im hoping for him to be a bit of an anti-hero.

Both Altair and Ezio are anti-heroes. Connor is the closest protagonist to a traditional Hero the series has got.

yiddo93
02-28-2013, 11:10 PM
In order words your both saying, 'let's abandon the whole basis which Assassins Creed was formed upon', and it say's it in the title, which is the CREED. Having a protagonist like this would completely go against the core of AC. Yes, he would be a little different for the franchise, but that is not what the franchise needs. Focus less on changing the character so dramatically and instead change the actual core gameplay of the game up and make the setting a bit more outlandish.

xboxauditore
02-28-2013, 11:10 PM
His name is Edward, That's pretty different.

r4inm4n1991
02-28-2013, 11:14 PM
In order words your both saying, 'let's abandon the whole basis which Assassins Creed was formed upon', and it say's it in the title, which is the CREED. Having a protagonist like this would completely go against the core of AC. Yes, he would be a little different for the franchise, but that is not what the franchise needs. Focus less on changing the character so dramatically and instead change the actual core gameplay of the game up and make the setting a bit more outlandish.

So you think all Assassins were good guys?
The Templars think that they are the good guys too, we are just watching from a different perspective.
I would like very much to play as a bad guy in the AC franchise. Take the "Prototype" games as an example.

Aphex_Tim
02-28-2013, 11:15 PM
I'd like for him to be kind of a backstabbing *sshole. It would be a nice change of pace.

yiddo93
02-28-2013, 11:16 PM
The Templars think that they are the good guys too, we are just watching from a different perspective.
I would like very much to play as a bad guy in the AC franchise. Take the "Prototype" games as an example.

No, they did questionable things. But they still stuck to the cores of the creed, something a pirate character won't do. I wouldn't put it past Ubisofts recent run of form to turn him into a Jack Sparrow joke character.

PandaPuff86
02-28-2013, 11:18 PM
If he is ends up like a John Marston type of character, that's fine too. :rolleyes:

r4inm4n1991
02-28-2013, 11:24 PM
I'd like for him to be kind of a backstabbing *sshole. It would be a nice change of pace.

This. Bad guys are much more fun to play with.
Plus, it would help not getting desync when killing civilians, mwhahaha.

cierni
02-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Assassins by definition aren't good guys. They're assassins. That's like saying the guys from Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy are good people. They're not.

yiddo93
03-01-2013, 12:02 AM
No but they still have to stick to what the game is based upon (I mean look at the title) which is respecting the creed and the codes etc. Otherwise it just becomes a ****fest of 'kill this guy, because I want him dead..' and a brainless action game where you can just run into a crowd of enemies and kill your target. They have lost the focus massively on a lot of things with this franchise, too many to list. I can't even be bothered attempting to get into all of it.

DisbandedBox359
03-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Assassins by definition aren't good guys. They're assassins. That's like saying the guys from Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy are good people. They're not.

"i can look up for you it basically means we kill people" spot on shaun

Radman500
03-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Edward Kenway converted to the Templar order

Xstantin
03-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Where did you find that? AC Encyclopedia actually says that Haytham's father had different views from Birch, making Haytham question everything (not exact quote though).

EDIT: "Birch made clear that Edward was not one of them."

Kaschra
03-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Edward Kenway converted to the Templar order

No, he was an assassin, not a templar.

LoyalACFan
03-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Yes, the Assassins have a creed, but that doesn't mean they're all the same guy. Look at Altair vs. Ezio (excluding Connor only because he didn't have much formal exposure to the Order). Altair executed every informant he interrogated; something Ezio would never do. Conversely, Ezio chose to hide the Apple because he felt that no man should wield such power; Altair utilized it to strengthen his Order and harness its power and knowledge, even after it tore his life apart. Every Assassin has their own way of following the Creed; if Edward is brutal and unmerciful, then that's his understanding of the Creed. Not his bloodthirsty demonic personality.

BoeserBengel83
03-01-2013, 02:45 AM
Yes, the Assassins have a creed, but that doesn't mean they're all the same guy. Look at Altair vs. Ezio (excluding Connor only because he didn't have much formal exposure to the Order). Altair executed every informant he interrogated; something Ezio would never do. Conversely, Ezio chose to hide the Apple because he felt that no man should wield such power; Altair utilized it to strengthen his Order and harness its power and knowledge, even after it tore his life apart. Every Assassin has their own way of following the Creed; if Edward is brutal and unmerciful, then that's his understanding of the Creed. Not his bloodthirsty demonic personality.

Couldn't say it better :).

Aslong he kills only Templars or other "bad people", his own attitude doesn't matter, he could even laugh about a killed high ranked enemy who is lying in front of him. Aren't we all a little bit of "Joker" inside?

thecodeman715
03-01-2013, 02:52 AM
This. Bad guys are much more fun to play with.
Plus, it would help not getting desync when killing civilians, mwhahaha.

That would go against the Creed, however he acts, Ubisoft knows that their character must at least obey the Creed, STAY YOUR BLADE FROM THE FLESH OF AN INNOCENT, Altair learned that the hard way.

Legendz54
03-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Yea its going against what the Creed teaches, looks like the forum members have forgotten the Tenant "Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent." lets remember we are playing by the creed. lol some of these characters people are making up above me are horrible.

r4inm4n1991
03-01-2013, 03:22 AM
That would go against the Creed, however he acts, Ubisoft knows that their character must at least obey the Creed, STAY YOUR BLADE FROM THE FLESH OF AN INNOCENT, Altair learned that the hard way.

Altair didnt followed the creed in the beginning, making him a cold hearted person.
And i think a protagonist of AC can be whoever he wants to.
Because if they all respect the creed line by line, then the protagonist of AC10 will look very much like the protagonist of AC9, dont you think?
Something must be distinct between characters, or they will all look the same in the end. By the way, thats what i like about Connor, Altair, and Ezio, they are different from each other.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 04:07 AM
No, they did questionable things. But they still stuck to the cores of the creed, something a pirate character won't do.

You don't know that yet. Perhaps he raided only Templar vessels, or something. No need to jump the ship yet (pun intended). :p

poptartz20
03-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Well, according to the book from what Haytham though of him as a young child, his father was kind wise and loving towards him and showed mercy to others. Granted this could change for the simple fact that this does take 10 years before his birth. (Which makes me wonder if we will see Haytham's sister Jenny at all since she is older than Haytham.... by at least 10 years I think)

He could have had a dramatic change in his life. I have a feeling we will see his death though! which is weird considering the fact we already know what it is!?

Locopells
03-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Don't forget guys that, as others have said, Altair didn't follow the creed - the whole point of the title was him learning too. No reason they couldn't do that again with Edward.

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Well, according to the book from what Haytham though of him as a young child, his father was kind wise and loving towards him and showed mercy to others. Granted this could change for the simple fact that this does take 10 years before his birth. (Which makes me wonder if we will see Haytham's sister Jenny at all since she is older than Haytham.... by at least 10 years I think)

He could have had a dramatic change in his life. I have a feeling we will see his death though! which is weird considering the fact we already know what it is!?

Yeah, and if what people are saying is true, and the devs did ditch Connor because of some negative feedback, it should be interesting to see where they go with Edward. Hopefully we see him grow more as a character than we did with Connor.

deskp
03-01-2013, 02:46 PM
As put by the AC marketing team: "new assassin. new era. NEW RULES." whatever that means....

TheHumanTowel
03-01-2013, 02:50 PM
As put by the AC marketing team: "new assassin. new era. NEW RULES." whatever that means....
Aw man what a lame tagline. What happened to stuff like "the truth is written in blood"? That tagline is just cliche.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 02:50 PM

Everything is true, nothing is permitted. The new Creed.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 02:58 PM
What do you mean?! He's BLONDE! OMG that's so different from the other two white straight male protags the series already had, Ubisoft is so original!

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM
What do you mean?! He's BLONDE! OMG that's so different from the other two white straight male protags the series already had, Ubisoft is so original!

why does it matter if he's "white"...... edward is haytham's dad so hes going to be british, of course hes going to be white

your just mad that there is another "white" protagonist

Sushiglutton
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm thinking he may be a bit of a bad-boy, but I don't think he will be evil.

TheHumanTowel
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM

Last time I checked Altair was Middle Eastern and don't give me that bollox about Middle Easterns being Caucasian. We both what being white actually means today.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 03:02 PM

Well being original left the with a bloodied nose. I wouldn't blame the for not being original now.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:04 PM
RATONHNHAKEfAN, JUST DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY A WHITE PROTAGOGNIST......HE'S A CLOSET RACIST

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 03:05 PM
why does it matter if he's "white"...... edward is haytham's dad so hes going to be british, of course hes going to be white

your just mad that there is another "white" protagonist

Didn't have to be him. They could've made a game about young Achilles/

And yes, I am mad it's another straight white guy. Why wouldn't I be if they occupy 90% of protag spots in fiction?

Last time I checked Altair was Middle Eastern and don't give me that bollox about Middle Easterns being Caucasian. We both what being white actually means today.And we both know that he looks like he could be from Germany or Canada if you didn't know he's from Middle East.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Didn't have to be him. They could've made a game about young Achilles/

And yes, I am mad it's another straight white guy. Why wouldn't I be if they occupy 90% of protag spots in fiction?

And we both know that he looks like he could be from Germany or Canada if you didn't know he's from Middle East.

cause "race" doesn't matter to a character, unless its important to his story like Connor's...

most pirates at this time were British, Spanish, Dutch (pretty much european)

your just a closet racist.... simple as that

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 03:11 PM
your just a closet racist.... simple as thatThe #1 excuse of those who are totally fine with white straight guys being the lead characters 90% of the time.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 03:13 PM
And we both know that he looks like he could be from Germany or Canada if you didn't know he's from Middle East.

Well to be fair plenty of middle easterns look that way. Just see Al-Asad, Syria's president. You can mistake him for an American if you didn't know better.

As for why 90% game protagonists are while straight males, see what happened to Connor. He is widely described as the native dude who wasn't even an assassin.

UrDeviant1
03-01-2013, 03:13 PM
The #1 excuse of those who are totally fine with white straight guys being the lead characters 90% of the time.

Now you're just being heterosexualphobic. ;)

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
The #1 excuse of those who are totally fine with white straight guys being the lead characters 90% of the time.

yes, because im not obsesed with race like you are.... and i didn't cry when connor, a non-white was announced.............

im also not a racist POS

but i guess your not going to play this game, actually maybe you shouldn't because it features a straight white, blond, male....... OH NO..

OH NO......

Megas_Doux
03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
One of the reasons to like this franchise is how different the protagonists are, I hope ubisot to continue this trend.

TheHumanTowel
03-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Playing an entire game through memory seals just to have the character be gay to pander to fanboys would be stupid as ****.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Playing an entire game through memory seals just to have the character be gay to pander to fanboys would be stupid as ****.

True.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
RatonhnhakeFan is just a racist toolbag....

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 03:17 PM
yes, because im not obsesed with race like you are.... and i didn't cry when connor, a non-white was announced.............

im also not a racist POSYou look ridiculous because you're trying to focus on white aspect while ignoring that every time I also talk about him not being female or non-straight. But you can't exaclty call me "omg you hate men!" can you lol. So yeah, you're just getting defensive as hell and try to spin it into racist thing.

RatonhnhakeFan is just a racist toolbag.... I suggest you check your brain. You're a moron

Playing an entire game through memory seals just to have the character be gay to pander to fanboys would be stupid as ****.Love it. Keep going guys, prove what everyone already knows that when the issue of white straight males completly dominating lead roles in fiction gets brought up, the "defense force" is all up in arms, throwing insults left and right, ridiculing everything as "fanservice" and in general acting hypocritically as ****.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:19 PM
You look ridiculous because you're trying to focus on white aspect while ignoring that every time I also talk about him not being female or non-straight. But you can't exaclty call me "omg you hate men!" can you lol. So yeah, you're just getting defensive as hell and try to spin it into racist thing.

because your a racist toolbag, simple as that.... your not going to play black flags.... because the character in straight white male

why should a game company pander to make the character gay, or female just for the sake of making them gay and female

your a racist POS.... simple as that

I-Like-Pie45
03-01-2013, 03:19 PM
If he is ends up like a John Marston type of character, that's fine too. :rolleyes:

OMG! It will be so like sad when we play Ed at the end and then like watch him get killed!

Then it will be so like badass REVENGEANCE!!!! when we take control of young Haytham and kill the people who killed Ed and play Haytham for the rest of the game!

itsamea-mario
03-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Can't have the guy outright slaughtering innocents and such. But i agree i wouldn't mind him being a bit more of a roguey type.

And why should there be a gay protagonist, what would it add to a game?

dxsxhxcx
03-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't think the discussion the OP is proposing has to do with the protagonist appearance or sexual orientation...

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:24 PM
You look ridiculous because you're trying to focus on white aspect while ignoring that every time I also talk about him not being female or non-straight. But you can't exaclty call me "omg you hate men!" can you lol. So yeah, you're just getting defensive as hell and try to spin it into racist thing.

I suggest you check your brain. You're a moron

Love it. Keep going guys, prove what everyone already knows that when the issue of white straight males completly dominating lead roles in fiction gets brought up, the "defense force" is all up in arms, throwing insults left and right, ridiculing everything as "fanservice" and in general acting hypocritically as ****.

until you tell me why race, sexual oreintation, and gender is important to a game character, unless it pertains to be a big part of the story... no one is going to take you serious, you act like your some progressive enlightened social do-gooder (CAN't have white males as protaognist.....UH UH OH NO, this is the 21st century) when your just a closet racist.....have fun not playing black flags, because the character has less melanin then Connor......

your a joke

TheHumanTowel
03-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Love it. Keep going guys, prove what everyone already knows that when the issue of white straight males completly dominating lead roles in fiction gets brought up, the "defense force" is all up in arms, throwing insults left and right, ridiculing everything as "fanservice" and in general acting hypocritically as ****.
Care to actually explain how it wouldn't be forced to have to have an elaborate work-around to make the ancestor gay when they've got the much more sensible and convenient Animus plot device there? They would only be using the memory seals just to make the character gay and imo that shouldn't be a priority over the plot. A gay modern day protagonist is fine but not the ancestor, too much canon baggage to work around. And I actually agree that a female ancestor would be nice, no excuses for Ubi there.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 03:27 PM
because your a racist toolbag, simple as that.... your not going to play black flags.... because the character in straight white male

why should a game company pander to make the character gay, or female just for the sake of making them gay and female

your a racist POS.... simple as thatYou're a moron, simple as that. Because of people like you black/female/asian/gay characters are very rarely put in lead roles. And you're perfectly fine with that and even call having lead characters be female/gay/black as pandering lol. Ridiculous.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:30 PM
You're a moron, simple as that. Because of people like you black/female/asian/gay characters are very rarely put in lead roles. And you're perfectly fine with that and even call having lead characters be female/gay/black as pandering lol. Ridiculous.

you are the moron, your not telling me why this stuff is important, your just saying they need to be in it...

a black character, an asian character, gay character if there race, sexual orintation or gender isnt important to the story then why does it matter

your a racist, whos not going to play black flags because it features a white male

your a joke

AjinkyaParuleka
03-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Some non-white guys in gaming world i seen apparantly are James Heller for Prototype 2 and Connor from Assassin's Creed III.Seriously lol gaming world lacks females.sexy female characters :I.

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Some non-white guys in gaming world i seen apparantly are James Heller for Prototype 2 and Connor from Assassin's Creed III.Seriously lol gaming world lacks females.sexy female characters :I.

Which is exactly why I make my characters a female whenever I'm given a choice (Mass Effect, Skyrim, Saints Row, Borderlands etc)

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 03:37 PM
And why should there be a gay protagonist, what would it add to a game?Glad you asked. In the in-game context, it would emphasize the unity of all different kind of people under the idea of freedom, which is what Assassin order stands for. Same goes for different Assassins of all skin colors, gender etc.

And in real-world context, it would help gay people, especially young ones. Fiction, popular culture, art etc all influence development of humans. A white straight male teenager/young adult plays 3246714392 games with protagonists that have the same gender, sexuality and race as he and thus he never feels underrepresented or lesser because of his gender, sexuality or race. Now, when a female gamer plays games and 90% of protagonists are male, you think she will feel equal? Not really. Neither will the society view female action heroes as equally capable. Same goes for protagonist's race and sexuality. That's why diversity is important.

Care to actually explain how it wouldn't be forced to have to have an elaborate work-around to make the ancestor gay when they've got the much more sensible and convenient Animus plot device there?Care to explain how the hell it matters when it was already used in the franchise? Memory Seals, the Shroud, memory hacking etc. It all already exists in the lore. But that's even besides the point. You're talking as if 'white, straight, male in 90% of cases' was the one that only feels natural and not forced. It's not. White straight males do not make up for 90% of humanity. So if anything feels forced is that there's so many of them in lead character roles.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:38 PM
so it looks like RatonhnhakeFan won't be getting Black Flags, because the character is "white" and male

its a shame

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Glad you asked. In the in-game context, it would emphasize the unity of all different kind of people under the idea of freedom, which is what Assassin order stands for. Same goes for different Assassins of all skin colors, gender etc.

And in real-world context, it would help gay people, especially young ones. Fiction, popular culture, art etc all influence development of humans. A white straight male teenager/young adult plays 3246714392 games with protagonists that have the same gender, sexuality and race as he and thus he never feels underrepresented or lesser because of his gender, sexuality or race. Now, when a female gamer plays games and 90% of protagonists are male, you think she will feel equal? Not really. Neither will the society view female action heroes as equally capable. Same goes for protagonist's race and sexuality. That's why diversity is important.

most video games feature unrealistic, over the top killers that massacre hundreds upon hundreds of enemies..... why would someone want to have that person as a role model

feel "lesser". you need to have a video game define you then your pathetic.......

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 03:50 PM
most video games feature unrealistic, over the top killers that massacre hundreds upon hundreds of enemies..... why would someone want to have that person as a role model

feel "lesser". you need to have a video game define you then your pathetic.......Your entire defense is the same as all those "men are under attack!!!" articles because women want equal treatment. You're sad. One group is overrepresented & favored at the expense of everyone else and instead of acknowledging this fact, you're acting as if nothing was wrong and demanding equal treatment was somehow wrong, as if this group was entitled to preferential treatment for no reason.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Your entire defense is the same as all those "men are under attack!!!" articles because women want equal treatment. You're sad. One group is overrepresented & favored at the expense of everyone else and instead of acknowledging this fact, you're acting as if nothing was wrong and demanding equal treatment was somehow wrong, as if this group was entitled to preferential treatment for no reason. I never said anything about men being attacked or "entitlement" and you think im an idiot oblivious to the fact that most characters are white and male..... obviously im not..... i don't let video game characters, because there the same race as me define me, i let my real world actions do that, maybe you should do the same as well.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM
but honestly RatonhnhakeFan, are you really not going to get Black Flag because it features a straight "white" male, if so your are a sad and bitter man

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 03:58 PM
and you think im an idiot oblivious to the fact that most characters are white and male..... obviously im not..... i don't let video game characters, because there the same race as me define me, i let my real world actions do that, maybe you should do the same as well.You're delusional if you think you don't let video game characters define you. It's happening every time you play. It's happening every time you watch a movie. It's happening every time you see a politician of the same race/gender/sexuality as you. Prominent roles and visibility influence everyone and the entire society. And who is and isn't in these prominent roles and widely visible influences the society and individual people, consciously or subconsciously. It's all part of the culture and culture influences everyone. You're not an alien from Mars completely independent on what's going on around you.

but honestly RatonhnhakeFan, are you really not going to get Black Flag because it features a straight "white" male, if so your are a sad and bitter manI didn't say I'm not getting the game lol. Yet you've repeated it like 5 times already. Also, just because you include a new jab/insult in each of your posts doesn't make your argument better lol. Quite the contrary.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 04:00 PM
You're delusional if you think you don't let video game characters define you. It's happening every time you play. It's happening every time you watch a movie. It's happening every time you see a politician of the same race/gender/sexuality as you. Prominent roles and visibility influence everyone and the entire society. And who is and isn't in these prominent roles and widely visible influences the society and individual people, consciously or subconsciously.

im not delusional......... i just don't let them define me...... subconsciously maybe but they don't have giant effect on me... i don't look at artificial things like "race"

i let real world actions define me, not over the top video game characters..... if you let these things define you then your a weak minded person

Radman500
03-01-2013, 04:04 PM
You're delusional if you think you don't let video game characters define you. It's happening every time you play. It's happening every time you watch a movie. It's happening every time you see a politician of the same race/gender/sexuality as you. Prominent roles and visibility influence everyone and the entire society. And who is and isn't in these prominent roles and widely visible influences the society and individual people, consciously or subconsciously. It's all part of the culture and culture influences everyone. You're not an alien from Mars completely independent on what's going on around you.

I didn't say I'm not getting the game lol. Yet you've repeated it like 5 times already. Also, just because you include a new jab/insult in each of your posts doesn't make your argument better lol. Quite the contrary.

and when i tell you i dont let a certain thing effect me and you say "uh uh YEAH it does, your just dont know about it" it makes your argument seem pathetic

Radman500
03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
then your a bloody hypocrite...... you dont like white males as protaognist, yet your getting the game

yeah i do throw jabs and insults at you, at least im not a hypocrite

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 04:06 PM
im not delusional......... i just don't let them define me...... subconsciously maybe but they don't have giant effect on me... i don't look at artificial things like "race"

i let real world actions define me, not over the top video game characters..... if you let these things define you then your a weak minded personAnd each post is a new jab/argument. Look at you dude, you're trying to insult me every time, call me sad, weak minded etc JUST to defend how white straight males dominate prominent roles. Bringing it up irritated you beyond reason, you completely lost it. And you claim you don't look at things like race. Yet everything you say right now only makes it look like it absolutely IS a huge deal for you, having white straight males not lose their unjustly privileged position specifically.

at least im not a hypocriteOf course you are. "I don't care about race, but if someone DARES to question the right of white guys to have unjustly privileged position, I will rage, insult etc". That's what's you're doing right now.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 04:11 PM
And each post is a new jab/argument. Look at you dude, you're trying to insult me every time, call me sad, weak minded etc JUST to defend how white straight males dominate prominent roles. Bringing it up irritated you beyond reason, you completely lost it. And you claim you don't look at things like race. Yet everything you say right now only makes it look like it absolutely IS a huge deal for you, having white straight males not lose their unjustly privileged position specifically.

"privileged" dont even go there, i wont go there with you

anyways i don't care what the character is i didn't care that connor was native

you seem like your one of those college kids takes a sociology class, and then you think you know the world

(uh oh another insult right)

Radman500
03-01-2013, 04:15 PM
And each post is a new jab/argument. Look at you dude, you're trying to insult me every time, call me sad, weak minded etc JUST to defend how white straight males dominate prominent roles. Bringing it up irritated you beyond reason, you completely lost it. And you claim you don't look at things like race. Yet everything you say right now only makes it look like it absolutely IS a huge deal for you, having white straight males not lose their unjustly privileged position specifically.

Of course you are. "I don't care about race, but if someone DARES to question the right of white guys to have unjustly privileged position, I will rage, insult etc". That's what's you're doing right now.

wrong again, pick another number

i didn't give a sh*t about connor being native, and i don't give a sh*t about there being a white guy as protaognist

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 04:17 PM
anyways i don't care what the character is i didn't care that connor was nativeThen you won't care if I ask for female, asian, disabled, gay, left-handed or black or any other Assassin in next game. Because if you did complain, it wouldn't be "Ohh I really don't mind" now would it?

you seem like your one of those college kids takes a sociology class, and then you think you know the world

(uh oh another insult right)While you seem like one of these guys who simply don't really want all group of people to be equal, you're comfy and fine with current status quo

Radman500
03-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Then you won't care if I ask for female, asian, disabled, gay, left-handed or black or any other Assassin in next game. Because if you did complain, it wouldn't be "Ohh I really don't mind" now would it?

While you seem like one of these guys who simply don't really want all group of people to be equal, you're comfy and fine with current status quo

if there was an asian or disabled i wouldn't complain, but there's not its a white male protagonist....so it should be

everyone is equal, in REAL world legal rights, not fantasy video game world

you are not what your pixel character is in a video game, you are what you are in real life, how hard is that to understand

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 04:24 PM
everyone is equal, in REAL world legal rights, not fantasy video game worldFantasy video game worlds are part of culture and thus influence what the real world legal rights will be.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Fantasy video game worlds are part of culture and thus influence what the real world legal rights will be.

hardly....

I-Like-Pie45
03-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Oh this thread!

Bookmarked! :rolleyes:

pirate1802
03-01-2013, 04:28 PM
He has a point though, videogames are part of our culture, along with movies, books etcetra. Culture affects us however indirectly. You may think on the contrary, but it does affect you subliminally. Ofcourse you don't think "YAY, Imma act like Ezio!" but subconsciously it does affect you. Not just games, virtually everything around you affects you.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 04:30 PM
He has a point though, videogames are part of our culture, along with movies, books etcetra. Culture affects us however indirectly. You may think on the contrary, but it does affect you subliminally. Ofcourse you don't think "YAY, Imma act like Ezio!" but subconsciously it does affect you. Not just games, virtually everything around you affects you. but most of these effects are minimal at best, and don't really have a major effect or change on you

RatonhnhakeFan
03-01-2013, 04:32 PM
hardly....
Do you think art and pop-culture is made and operates in vacuum? It's made by people and consumed/experienced/used by other people, not aliens

but most of these effects are minimal at best, and don't really have a major effect or change on youMinimal effects put together and accumulated over time can have big effects though. Of course I ain't talking "Ohh, if there's a female Assassin as the lead in AC5 then all over the world women will start earning as much as men next day". But a female in AC5, a female in next summer movie blockbuster, a female president of a rich country (say, France for example) and more of that in the next decade will have a noticeable difference.

And also, even minimal effect is better than none at all and keeping the unjustful status quo.

Radman500
03-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Do you think art and pop-culture is made and operates in vacuum? It's made by people and consumed/experienced/used by other people, not aliens

well no [edit]

Mr_Shade
03-01-2013, 04:57 PM
well no [edit]
Please do not bypass the swear filter - it's there for a reason..

I think it's time to disagree and walk away.. if you do not agree.

Some do want a different gender /sexuality of Assassin - as it has been discussed before - so lets agree to disagree and leave it there.

That goes for everyone.

Locopells
03-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Wow...

Like the Shade said - lighten the heck up!

InfectedNation
03-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Well that's 2 of Radman500's posts reported... just doing my bit for the community :)

Ratonhnhakefan isn't been a god**** racist... Video games are dominated by smooth white guy protagonists and racial stereotypes for support characters. As much as I'm open to gay/lesbian protagonists - it would simply be pointless for Assassin's Creed ancestor heroes due to the Animus. Sure there are workarounds but why bother? Nobody would have carried round memory seals their whole life.
If Desmond had been gay on the other hand, I'd have been cool with that, but once again it seems unlikely if Otso Berg is actually the new character seeing as he has a young daughter.

Back On-topic:

Unless he developed a lot over 20 years, I think Edward will be a pretty honorable and compassionate man, but fierce and strong-willed.

On Haytham's eighth birthday, the Kenway family was walking home from a trip to White's Chocolate House (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White's) on Chesterfield Street, when the group was attacked by a mugger. Reginald Birch (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Reginald_Birch), an associate of Edward's who was also with them, threatened to kill the man, whose attempt to rob Tessa of her necklace had failed. However, he was dissuaded by Edward, who was infuriated at Reginald's harsh vigilantism. When the family returned home that day, Edward asked his son whether he thought that the thief should have been allowed to go free. At first, Haytham replied that he initially held feelings to enact revenge, but would have offered the man clemency, to which Edward presented him with a steel short sword.

Here's a few quotes from this chapter:

'and in the next second I discovered why Father's cane had that curious rattle, as I saw a blade appear from within as he span to protect Mother"
"...he changed his mind, perhaps seeing the thief was unarmed"

"No Reginald, this is not the way"
"I mean it, Reginald.....Put the dagger away, let him go"
"No!....There will be no bloodshed, Reginald. Any association between us will end if you do not do as I say this very moment."

"There is much for you to learn, Haytham, not only about the steel you hold in your hands, but also the steel in your heart."

grasman666
03-01-2013, 08:34 PM
why not make it so we can choose if he will be good or evil? like making him do good quests would make him turn into a local hero or when you make him do evil quests would turn him into a hated outcast...

InfectedNation
03-01-2013, 09:34 PM
why not make it so we can choose if he will be good or evil? like making him do good quests would make him turn into a local hero or when you make him do evil quests would turn him into a hated outcast...

Because this is a franchise with a fixed canon story, not an RPG. Leave those concepts for The Elder Scrolls and Fable.

D.I.D.
03-01-2013, 09:39 PM
RATONHNHAKEfAN, JUST DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY A WHITE PROTAGOGNIST......HE'S A CLOSET RACIST

Oh this rings a bell, from your pathetic visitor message on my profile

Radman500 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/659485-Radman500) - 03-12-2012 02:43 AM View Conversation (http://forums.ubi.com/converse.php?u=659485&u2=445072) Report (http://forums.ubi.com/visitormessage.php?do=report&vmid=1138)

your a racist, so you won't play a game with a white male

racist

Your message is blatantly "if it's white men all the time, I will be cool with that". Don't pretend any different.

dogziler
03-02-2013, 01:03 AM

when i think about the potential for assassins creed i think about the controversial assassins like john Wilkes booth and lee Harvey Oswald. they would make for quite a different direction. and also, he should have a batman complex, being stealthy but taking his time when he is assassinating, like that would explain how his son grew up to be viscous. or brutal kills, like in ACR when ezio twisted the guys HEAD around and NO MERCY from him. he's eager to be an assassin, and botches jobs often. that could allow for comedy from his mentor, saying "well, you botched that job!!"

TrueAssassin77
03-04-2013, 12:40 AM
most pirates at this time were British, Spanish, Dutch (pretty much european)

I guess you don't know about the all black crews... some of the most legendary pirate crews in history.... but i'm not suprised you don't know.

Radman500
03-04-2013, 12:44 AM
I guess you don't know about the all black crews... some of the most legendary pirate crews in history.... but i'm not suprised you don't know.

the most succesfull pirate during the golden age of piracy, was welsh

HE WAS WHITE

im not suprised you didn't know that

TrueAssassin77
03-04-2013, 12:51 AM
the most succesfull pirate during the golden age of piracy, was welsh

HE WAS WHITE

im not suprised you didn't know that

You sound like a racist... you know that right?

DisbandedBox359
03-04-2013, 12:55 AM
his name :cool: