PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Assassin's Creed 3 and AC4: Black Flag rant.

Erik1099
02-28-2013, 09:05 PM
The Assassin's Creed series are great, no doubt. The story and lore, the philosophical aspects, the music. Just everything.
Assassin's Creed 3 was a great game - yet I was slightly disappointed. [HONESTLY, SPOILERS HERE -->] Especially the ending was awkward. Desmond just sacrifices himself? I expected more. It's difficult. Remember what Minerva said? Desmond would be a hero, then a legend, then a god... and everything would just happen again, somewhat? The whole story of humanity? That's my problem with AC3. It's just like "everything is pointless anyway, unaffected by what you're doing."... so Desmond just saves the world and gets killed. The ACR ending was far more interesting in my opinion. Well, enough about the endings...
I loved the feeling of being Ezio. Seeking to avenge his family. You could kill legions of guards. You felt invincible. In AC3, you can't even kill a few guards with having hunters spawn everywhere. I also avoid roofs now, because there's a ****ton of guards up there. Can't use them without being shot all the time. What's an Assassin without jumping around on roofs? I also miss the philosophy. The smart quotes. Look at the Codex in AC2, it's freaking awesome. And true. Or that Truth riddle stuff. You know what I mean. It's not like AC3 does not contain anything like that... but far, far less. I also think that Connor doesn't really look like an Assassin. I mean, he has that hood and stuff. But it sucks how he doesn't wear it as a captain... and that terrible haircut at the end of the game. I know it's some kind of native tradition, but it looks just awful. He doesn't seem like a real Assassin to me. I mean, he IS, somewhat, but he's just not as Assassin-ish as Ezio or Alta´r to me. That's not everything I don't like about AC3, but enough for now, I think...

So what about Black Flag? (I keep reading Black F*g for some reason. No offense, I'm not a racist. I just seriously do.)
I mean, seriously? A pirate Assassin? What are they doing? It's a nice idea, but does it fit Assassin's Creed? I don't think so. Create a new series called Pirate's Creed if you really want to, but... I think many of you get my point. Look at the offical cover. What the hell does the guy need 4 guns for? He's only got 2 arms, right? And he's wielding a sabre in one?
Maybe it's because they take several seconds to reload, so he just carries around 4 loaded pistols? I don't know. And a pirate flag with an Assassin symbol on it. It's about pirates, so it'll probably contain more ship stuff and less land missions. But I don't want a pirate game, I want an AC where you can jump around on rooftops, climb famous buildings and assassinate bad Templar guys. I honestly don't want to spend 80% of the game on a boat. Well. At least that guy looks more like an Assassin than Connor does. But. He's wearing a normal hood! It's a god**** regular hood! Where did the Assassin hoods go?! Well. It's too early to judge the game, really. It was just announced a few weeks ago. But please. Ubisoft. Do not disappoint me.

Note that this is my personal opinion. If you think something else, that's fine. I just wanted to share what I'm thinking. Thanks for reading this.

tl;dr? Plz Ubisoft dun fail AC4 plz

Turul.
02-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Assassins fit in any time period and in any location.

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE GAME. GIVE IT A **** CHANCE.

DavidPage
02-28-2013, 09:10 PM
The only thing that bothered me in III was Shaun. He wasn't the smartass Brit we knew! He was getting really kinda annoying and at times just plain boring. Like, trying to be cool but failing miserably.

Rugterwyper32
02-28-2013, 09:12 PM
So what about Black Flag? (I keep reading Black F*g for some reason. No offense, I'm not a racist. I just seriously do.)
I mean, seriously? A pirate Assassin? What are they doing? It's a nice idea, but does it fit Assassin's Creed? I don't think so. Create a new series called Pirate's Creed if you really want to, but... I think many of you get my point. Look at the offical cover. What the hell does the guy need 4 guns for? He's only got 2 arms, right? And he's wielding a sabre in one?
Maybe it's because they take several seconds to reload, so he just carries around 4 loaded pistols? I don't know. And a pirate flag with an Assassin symbol on it. It's about pirates, so it'll probably contain more ship stuff and less land missions. But I don't want a pirate game, I want an AC where you can jump around on rooftops, climb famous buildings and assassinate bad Templar guys. I honestly don't want to spend 80% of the game on a boat. Well. At least that guy looks more like an Assassin than Connor does. But. He's wearing a normal hood! It's a god**** regular hood! Where did the Assassin hoods go?! Well. It's too early to judge the game, really. It was just announced a few weeks ago. But please. Ubisoft. Do not disappoint me.

Note that this is my personal opinion. If you think something else, that's fine. I just wanted to share what I'm thinking. Thanks for reading this.

tl;dr? Plz Ubisoft dun fail AC4 plz

It was common practice back with pirates to have many guns. While they were in the heat of battle, they had no time to reload so it was more of a case of use a gun and then throw it away and use the next one. More convenient.
Chances are, you'll have missions pretty well balanced. In fact, AC3 actually did the opposite of what I thought it would do, you had more missions in the cities than in the Frontier, so chances are this will most likely be the case with this game. Havana, Nassau and Kingston should be decent sized cities with a bunch of missions, and we'll have a good amount of Frontier style areas, I'd think.
About the pirate flag, just think back to Brotherhood. Remember what the Borgia Towers turned into when you took them over? I rest my case.

UrDeviant1
02-28-2013, 09:13 PM
The only thing that bothered me in III was Shaun. He wasn't the smartass Brit we knew! He was getting really kinda annoying and at times just plain boring. Like, trying to be cool but failing miserably.

And what went wrong with his face? O_o

pacmanate
02-28-2013, 09:31 PM
And what went wrong with his face? O_o

I dunno, but what was wrong with Rebeccas?

NOTHING. HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT.

burtie80
02-28-2013, 11:49 PM
I totally agree with the OP

Erik1099
03-05-2013, 09:06 PM
So it's been a few days. And I still don't think pirates fit.

Edward Kenway they call him. Blackbeard's actual name is Edward too, what's the point in having two main characters named Edward? What I noticed is that it looks like a mix of all the other games. There's palm trees like in AC1. When jumping, Edward looks like Alta´r. From behind he looks like Ezio, somewhat. And who's gonna replace Desmond? I heard you're one of a few thousand subjects captured by Abstergo? How boring. Also underwater missions, Maya ruins and treasures? Hunting whales? Doesn't fit AC in my opinion. I don't exactly want an open-world quicktime hunting seafight game... the things that I like about Assassin's Creed are the music, the riddles (like the truth stuff in AC2), philosophical stuff and mysteries. I liked how AC3 showed that Templars and Assassins are basically the same, in a certain way. But everything else was quite boring. I don't know. The older games were great. But it's not the same anymore, to me.

luckyto
03-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Pirates are awesome. Go walk the plank -

WakefulRainbow6
03-05-2013, 10:09 PM
seriously guys please stop making these assumptions about how the game is gonna turn out if you've only seen a cgi trailer for christssake. And the arument that pirates don't fit the assassins in nonsense the assassins were everywhere so even pirates. And you know the fact is the developers don't read the destructive feedback the read the constructive feedback so if there are things you don't like come up with how you'd like to improve them and who knows

Escappa
03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Pirates doesn't fit in AC!!! I mean come on...pirates??? They were exploring, killing, were awesome fighters and climbed around...nothing like this series!!!

No, seriously, I think this can be a very awesome game with charachters I acctually may care about. Pirates are awesome, AC is awesome...together it's like double awesomeness!!! That only happens one time per decade ;)

burtie80
03-06-2013, 04:22 PM
So it's been a few days. And I still don't think pirates fit.

Edward Kenway they call him. Blackbeard's actual name is Edward too, what's the point in having two main characters named Edward? What I noticed is that it looks like a mix of all the other games. There's palm trees like in AC1. When jumping, Edward looks like Alta´r. From behind he looks like Ezio, somewhat. And who's gonna replace Desmond? I heard you're one of a few thousand subjects captured by Abstergo? How boring. Also underwater missions, Maya ruins and treasures? Hunting whales? Doesn't fit AC in my opinion. I don't exactly want an open-world quicktime hunting seafight game... the things that I like about Assassin's Creed are the music, the riddles (like the truth stuff in AC2), philosophical stuff and mysteries. I liked how AC3 showed that Templars and Assassins are basically the same, in a certain way. But everything else was quite boring. I don't know. The older games were great. But it's not the same anymore, to me.

This ^^^^^

Besides wasn't the whole idea of AC games to visit interesting and different time periods, where games don't usually go? How many Pirate games have there been again?

CalgaryJay
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
If I had never played AC3, I'd think Caribbean pirates would be an extremely lame choice. But since I have played it and have seen how awesome naval is, I'm on board.

I don't even really care how it fits, I'm just happy they've given me an excuse to get back into even more expanded naval missions. 'Splosions!

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
If I had never played AC3, I'd think Caribbean pirates would be an extremely lame choice. But since I have played it and have seen how awesome naval is, I'm on board.

I don't even really care how it fits, I'm just happy they've given me an excuse to get back into even more expanded naval missions. 'Splosions!

A million times this!