PDA

View Full Version : MMHO - Anti-Bot system / monitoring the game to keep it fair and long-living

JinMnM
02-28-2013, 09:36 AM
As we all know, bots lead every MMORPG game to fail. Because of bots people quit playing games...

Heroes series fans want this game to live long (even more than 10 years), we want this game to be legendary just like Heroes 3 is, and to say more, we want this game to be even better and to have much longer life-span than Heroes 3 has, so here are my questions:

Will MMHO have an effective Anti-Bot system and strict rules saying that somebody using any 3rd party software or exploiting the game will get banned forever? (a ban for few weeks/months is too short for this kind of things)

Will you monitor the game to find exploiters and botters and punish them?

Will you develop any effective way to find out if somebody is using a bot or any other 3rd party program?

Kind regards.

Kuby.Tuby
02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi JinMnM,

It's simple. Yes to all of your questions.
Please understand that we won't tell how the detection mechanics will work in detail as this would make it pretty easy for the developer of the bots to avoid being detected. But we are aware of this topic.
As it will be always a fight between us and the developer of the bots we can't guarantee that we will detect every bot immedately. But with the help of the community - I know that there is only a small group which will use bots - we will be able to improve our detection mechanics.

And how the community can help is easy: If you have a bot programm or know where to get it, report it to the support. If we have the programm we can adjust our detection methods.

Best regards
BB_kuby

JinMnM
02-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Thank you for your answer BB_Kuby.

I hope everything will go well with the game.

Kind regards.

seinyat
04-01-2013, 02:13 AM
not just bot, clicker programme too. hope there's an effective one in place. having said that, should also allow some flexibility in allowing rigorous human playing in "robot mode", players from vietnam, china and korea are very good at that... but i suppose you can limit a player's log in time? to prevent tragic news of MMHO player found dead in cyber cafe from playing 24/7...

also i had the bad experience of TQ's HMMO whereby player take advantage of client side multiple-acc opening to screw up server side overall gameplay and took hostage of the server, i suppose this will less likely to happen because it's going to be browser based? or more prone to exploit because there are different browsers out there and you guys cant possibly beta test all of it??

Kuby.Tuby
04-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi,

If we see that our measurements are not good enough we will improve them. I don't know what happened in HMMO but I think the same situation won't happen in MMHO.