PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag Title Theory

DarthViscer
02-28-2013, 12:55 AM
I do not know if this has been mentioned yet but my friend and I instantly thought this while discussing the new prospect at work today. Is the fact that the title is Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, an implication that it will involve a new lead character (IV) and a returning main character (Black Flag). I'm starting to think it would be entirely possible (and awesome) that the new game could include intertwining stories of Edward and Connor. The only motivation I have with this theory is the name and also the original rumor regarding Black Flag. The idea that Connor was being chased by a British Grand Admiral just screams another Connor story. I think it could really work if there is some sort of trail that Edward leaves behind in his story that Connor must find in the present (his present) time. Thoughts? I mean I am satisfied either way with whatever comes from this, but I think it might be time to jump to a new level of two characters.

silvermercy
02-28-2013, 01:04 AM
One can only hope!!
New character may mean someone other than Desmond. Obviously they'll need someone like him.

Sushiglutton
02-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Numbered and subtitled is a bit confusing. As someone suggested the only game that has had that is AC3: Liberation, which is a Vita title. However I can't imagine this is a Vita title as it seems too ambitious with all the islands. I also think they want to keep the Vita titles a bit isolated, so it doesn't make sense to have Connor's grandpa as the star of a Vita game.

Personally I hope we just play as Edward in the Caribbean setting. No modern day, no Connor, not playing as his aunt, dog, or favourite teddy bear. Keep it simple this time and get it bang on ;)!

ProletariatPleb
02-28-2013, 01:24 AM
No modern day, no Connor, not playing as his aunt, dog, or favourite teddy bear. Keep it simple this time and get it bang on ;)!
Amen.