PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 4 Black Flags details and pictures leaked

Hrasda
02-27-2013, 02:08 PM
New details and pictures of the new Assassins Creed 4 have been leaked.
The new game will be set in tropical locations like the bahamas, Jamaica and Cuba and the main characters name is Edward Kenway.
The game will be available on Xbox 720, Playstation 4, Pc, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC at the end of 2013.

You can see the pictures, more details and info about the game AT THIS SOURCE (http://goo.gl/8wx9b)

UrDeviant1
02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm still saying something seems off about the title. They have NEVER gave a subtitle to a numbered release.

dxsxhxcx
02-27-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm still saying something seems off about the title. They have NEVER gave a subtitle to a numbered release.

because they never made a game with a different ancestor with strong ties to the ancestor(s) of the previous game

matheus_737
02-27-2013, 03:05 PM
its so weird, pirates and where's the importants history moments?

AjinkyaParuleka
02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
WTB young Haytham.

Lass4r
02-27-2013, 04:13 PM
because they never made a game with a different ancestor with strong ties to the ancestor(s) of the previous game
I don't know, it just seems to ruin the naming logic for these games... numbered titles are supposed to be wildly different with new themes as well as era and protagonist. Subtitles are just weird. It's a numbered title. It doesn't need a subtitle if it's worthy to be a numbered title!
And as someone said, I really don't see how there was much interesting stuff going on with pirates in the early 18th century. Nothing groundbreaking or very important.

That being said, I have a very hard time believing the next AC is REALly going to be called "Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flags". It just seems off.

EDIT: Having said that, if someone were to spread false rumours I don't think calling it "Black Flags" would be the best for convincing people. Dang, I'm anxious about this...

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 04:18 PM
That being said, I have a very hard time believing the next AC is REALly going to be called "Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flags". It just seems off.

Same here.

lothario-da-be
02-27-2013, 04:19 PM
I don't know, it just seems to ruin the naming logic for these games... numbered titles are supposed to be wildly different with new themes as well as era and protagonist. Subtitles are just weird. It's a numbered title. It doesn't need a subtitle if it's worthy to be a numbered title!
And as someone said, I really don't see how there was much interesting stuff going on with pirates in the early 18th century. Nothing groundbreaking or very important.

EDIT: Having said that, if someone were to spread false rumours I don't think calling it "Black Flags" would be the best for convincing people. Dang, I'm anxious about this...
Nothing important happend during acr too.

Lass4r
02-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Nothing important happend during acr too.
True. But during the promotion of AC3 Hutchinson stated that they wanted to place games in times of great importance in human history. So, going forward, you would think they'd make sure to fulfill that criteria.

lothario-da-be
02-27-2013, 04:25 PM
True. But during the promotion of AC3 Hutchinson stated that they wanted to place games in times of great importance in human history. So, going forward, you would think they'd make sure to fulfill that criteria.
He was just trying to make ac sound more interesting, there marketing isn't realy trustable.

tothebeatonetwo
02-27-2013, 05:27 PM
It could be similar to the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation for the Vita? Maybe this is a portable title and the full game is yet to be announced?

Lass4r
02-27-2013, 05:28 PM
It could be similar to the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation for the Vita? Maybe this is a portable title and the full game is yet to be announced?
Or better yet, just a comic.

Wolf-kitten
02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Whoaw, all this speculation :p
Indeed Lass, good point. I never even thought about the fact it could be a comic.
With AC jumping on so many mediums it might very well be that.

Moultonborough
02-28-2013, 07:56 AM
I see this being a Vita title for a few different reasons.

1)Look at AC3 Liberation. Obviously it has AC 3 in the title. Why could they not do the same thing for Black Flags and wait a little while for a main ACIV?
2) Why would they make a Ancestor so close to Desmond and pull it off. Yes, I know about the cloud. But I don't see initiates a core source.
3) I don't see any true world(important) events in the Caribbean so why put a core game there?
4) The only subject brought up about a POE was "The Fountain Of Youth" and I don't see how that would work out with the Juno issue.
5) Ubisoft said recently they have NOT abandoned the Vita. What better way to prove that by then releasing AC Black Flags for it?

Lass4r
02-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Or better yet, just a comic.
****, it's definitely not a comic...

pirate1802
02-28-2013, 01:43 PM
****, it's definitely not a comic...

xD

Aphex_Tim
02-28-2013, 01:59 PM
It kinda seems logical to me since the original trilogy is basically over.

ace3001
02-28-2013, 02:05 PM
because they never made a game with a different ancestor with strong ties to the ancestor(s) of the previous gameIn which case, calling it "IV" makes even less sense. If "III: Black Flag" it would've actually made a lot of sense.

anik_lc
02-28-2013, 02:22 PM

What they says in America? There's always a first thing for everything. [Dialogue stolen from Far Cry 3. :p]

LoyalACFan
02-28-2013, 06:16 PM

It's not necessarily "important" in the same sense as the Crusades or the Renaissance or the American Revolution, but it's a legendary time in popular culture. Which makes me more than a little annoyed with Ubi for denying the possibility of a Feudal Japan story because "it's been done before..." Well, how many frickin' pirate stories have been "done before?" A LOT.

crash3
02-28-2013, 11:38 PM
I hope the PS3 version is as good quality as the PS4 version. I don't wanna buy an entirely new console just to play this even though Ilove the AC series