PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Poster

Pages : [1] 2 3

pacmanate
02-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Here is the article - http://kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18funlcsl98szjpg/medium.jpg

Thoughts?

Will_Lucky
02-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Same robes as Connor, yet not Connor. So...its either his successor or one his predecessors probably the latter.

Sushiglutton
02-26-2013, 06:51 PM
I guess we know tomorrow :confused:. I think the poster is fairly ugly and not as slick as AC marketing usually is, so I'm not convinced yet. Can it be for some new comic book (are those numbered?).

lothario-da-be
02-26-2013, 06:56 PM
I guess we know tomorrow :confused:. I think the poster is fairly ugly and not as slick as AC marketing usually is, so I'm not convinced yet. Can it be for some new comic book (are those numbered?).
what i thought too, but the comics aren't numbered :(.
And i realy don't like that 4 and black flags is in the same title.

Sushiglutton
02-26-2013, 06:58 PM
what i thought too, but the comics aren't numbered :(.
And i realy don't like that 4 and black flags is in the same title.

That's a good point, none previous numbered title has had a subtitle I think. That may indicate something fishy is going on?

SuperLoboMau 25
02-26-2013, 06:59 PM
I think this idea pretty good. I loved the "pirate moments" of AC3.

lothario-da-be
02-26-2013, 07:03 PM
That's a good point, none previous numbered title has had a subtitle I think. That may indicate something fishy is going on?
I think i found the answer and its pretty simple. New hero and time period = numbered, same hero and time period = subtitle and new charcter but same time period or the opposite = numbered + subtitle.

pacmanate
02-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Remember this isn't official. I don't like the whole numbered with a subtitle thing either. Let alone "Black Flag" is a **** title. Also why choose a comic style of graphic? Guess we will know if and when these posters go up March 4th or 5th like it said in the article.

lothario-da-be
02-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Remember this isn't official. I don't like the whole numbered with a subtitle thing either. Let alone "Black Flag" is a **** title. Also why choose a comic style of graphic? Guess we will know if and when these posters go up March 4th or 5th like it said in the article.
But kotaku said weeks before the ac3 anouncment that it would be in colonial America with a Native.

ProletariatPleb
02-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Supposedly claimed to be an in-game screenshot...

http://i.imgur.com/9HFT0D9.jpg

dxsxhxcx
02-26-2013, 07:16 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516192

The main character's name is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed 3. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate. The games location is set in the Caribbean on multiple island including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas

a bigger version of the image posted above
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large_lightbox/hash/f3/cc/1361901153_2468_1.jpg

if this is true this is interesting but I still hope they decide to use the naval feature in a game that has nothing to do with AC, this way they can have more freedom to work on the game and give this feature the proper attention...

Kaschra
02-26-2013, 07:19 PM
A game about Haytham's father?!

Okay, this got me more interested.

deskp
02-26-2013, 07:27 PM
DOnt care for the comics tyle on the poster, didnt care for alex ross' Connor image either..
the so called screenshot is very different from the comic poster, maybe theres more/better costumization this time if this is all real stuff...

Im staying unexcited before any real official news and images.

Will_Lucky
02-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Edward Kenway....I'm in.

BK-110
02-26-2013, 07:34 PM
If it's about pirates or privateers, then perhaps it will be set just a little later than AC3. Perhaps Connor will feature as the new character's mentor. I sure hope that AC3 isn't the last we've seen of Connor, as he, along with Altaïr, is my favorite protagonist in the series. But I certainly can't wait for more naval combat!

EDIT: So it's supposedly about Edward, huh? Makes me sad that the next game won't feature Connor, but oh well...

MarleyMon81
02-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Was reading another article about the poster leak and it was created by Todd McFarlane, which would explain the comic book style. Considering the recently announced AC McFarlane figure line, it makes sense.

eagleforlife1
02-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Glad to see that Darby McDevitt is writing?

Will_Lucky
Apparently Darby McDevitt is writing it as well.

Sushiglutton

The main character's name is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed 3. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate. The games location is set in the Caribbean on multiple island including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas.

I like all of that. Tree parkour on exotic islands+naval combat+Haytham's father = :)!

deskp
02-26-2013, 07:45 PM
It's odd they name it asssassins creed 4.... I can accept this game as ac3 2 but the time difference does no jsutify a neww numebred title in my optinion. The connection is too strong to haytham/connor

If theya re gonna call it ac4 it betetr be as big as ac3 not a short game like brootherhood and revelations.

dxsxhxcx
02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I like all of that. Tree parkour on exotic islands+naval combat+Haytham's father = :)!

not excited about tree parkour if it's supposed to be the same as AC3, IMO that still need a lot of improvement.

Sushiglutton
02-26-2013, 07:52 PM
not excited about tree parkour if it's supposed to be the same as AC3, IMO that still need a lot of improvement.

For a first attempt I thought it was very well made. Best tree climbing in video game history to my knowledge. I'm glad they gave it a second go to hopefully push it even further (more varied big trees would be nice for example).

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 07:54 PM

The main character's name is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed 3. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate. The games location is set in the Caribbean on multiple island including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas

if this is true this is interesting but I still hope they decide to use the naval feature in a game that has nothing to do with AC, this way they can have more freedom to work on the game and give this feature the proper attention...

What if...Connor named his own son Edward like his gradfather?? Didn't they previously said next title will be about "a playable character's son"?

Rugterwyper32
02-26-2013, 07:55 PM

Well, they have chance for decent sized cities. Havana, Port Royal and Nassau sound like the three places they could use, considering the areas they mentioned. So you get a pretty great combination, if you ask me.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/1740_Plan_of_the_city_and_harbour_of_the_Havanna_s ituated_on_the_island_of_Cuba_BPL_m8628.png

http://shawnbrown.com/map_gallery/port_royal.jpg

UrDeviant1
02-26-2013, 07:57 PM
I like the pirate "theme", but i definitely don't want it to emphasise naval combat more than AC3 did.

shobhit7777777
02-26-2013, 08:04 PM
meh

rupok2
02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't like that its the next numbered title tbh. This seems like a spinoff title even tho its not, the connection is too strong. When Ac brings a new number it should be a whole different character in a whole different time era and location.

deskp
02-26-2013, 08:06 PM
What if...Connor named his own son Edward like his gradfather?? Didn't they previously said next title will be about "a playable character's son"?

The pirate era is before connors time not after.

dxsxhxcx
02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
For a first attempt I thought it was very well made. Best tree climbing in video game history to my knowledge. I'm glad they gave it a second go to hopefully push it even further (more varied big trees would be nice for example).

I agree that the idea wasn't bad and really fit the character (Connor), but I think the tree paths were too linear and often lead me to places I didn't want to go, IMO in a game where character movement is so unique like in AC we shouldn't have the kind of restriction we had with tree parkour in AC3, navigate through the trees should've been as smoothly as it is in the cities (at least in the previous games, since I also think that in AC3 use the roofs wasn't as productive as it used to be)

ACfan443
02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Edward Kenway sounds cool, pirates and naval not so much. Not that excited for it to be honest.

silvermercy
02-26-2013, 08:08 PM
The way I see it, it's possible we may see ALL Kenways in this game at some point? Edward, Haytham and even Connor... Well, maybe...

jamgamerforever
02-26-2013, 08:12 PM
So am I the only one who loved the naval battles? Apart from getting full sync on "The Storm and the Beast". :p

ProletariatPleb
02-26-2013, 08:13 PM
The way I see it, it's possible we may see ALL Kenways in this game at some point? Edward, Haytham and even Connor... Well, maybe...
But Connor is not really a Kenway :P

So am I the only one who loved the naval battles? Apart from getting full sync on "The Storm and the Beast". :p
No, I loved them too but...it's Assassin's Creed. I'm not sure what to think of it...

rupok2
02-26-2013, 08:14 PM

I liked them but as side missions. I don't want my core games based too much on it. I still want the assassins creed feeling from ac1 and brotherhood. Meaning a balance of stealth and just killing everything in sight.

ACfan443
02-26-2013, 08:14 PM

In my opinion naval was okay, but it didn't have a place in Assassin's Creed. Dedicating a whole game to it seems strange and out of place.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Hmm... Am I the only one who thinks this game may feature Connor in some way? It seems strange that they would use his grandfather if they weren't going to connect it to him at all.

Though I never expect it will happen, I'd like to see a multi-generational AC, with three playable characters (Edward, Haytham, and Connor) each with their own cty to explore (Nassau, London, and maybe Charleston, respectively).

deskp

I enjoyed it, but it should be open world, and you should be able to board ships whener you want.

Hmm... Am I the only one who thinks this game may feature Connor in some way? It seems strange that they would use his grandfather if they weren't going to connect it to him at all.
It'll connect with Haytham that'll be your Connor connection.

rupok2

How is he not a kenway?

silvermercy
Just another thought: that fact AC4 has a subtitle (black flag) means it's the 1st in a trilogy or something? It doesn't make sense otherwise.

silvermercy
02-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Yes. My thoughts exactly. Also, see my previous post about possible trilogy or something.

silvermercy
02-26-2013, 08:17 PM

How is he not!? lol

Sushiglutton
02-26-2013, 08:17 PM
I agree that the idea wasn't bad and really fit the character (Connor), but I think the tree paths were too linear and often lead me to places I didn't want to go, IMO in a game where character movement is so unique like in AC we shouldn't have the kind of restriction we had with tree parkour in AC3, navigate through the trees should've been as smoothly as it is in the cities (at least in the previous games, since I also think that in AC3 use the roofs wasn't as productive as it used to be)

The paths were more linear than ideal and you are right about being lead astray because you couldn't move in the direction you wanted to. But I think it's more fair to compare AC3's tree parkour to what other games have achieved rather than how it would ideally work. I'm no expert but I believe tree climbing is super hard to get right with all the irregular shapes, I think that's why nobody has even attempted this before. Therefor I feel Ubi deserves a lot of credit, both for taking the risk and for the execution, instead of criticsim because it wasn't perfect.

Layytez
02-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Why the title after the number....plus it doesn't even feel like a new AC. Feels like a AC3 spinoff

TheHumanTowel
02-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Apparently Darby McDevitt is writing it as well.
Second time I've had to use this today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdh_ISiBC-I

So I guess this is officially the death of social stealth? Not much crowds for blending on ships. I didn't think Naval was appropriate in AC3 so I can't say I'm very excited if this is true. We'll see though. If there's a strong focus on assassinations and a good story it could be very good.

ProletariatPleb
02-26-2013, 08:20 PM
How is he not a kenway?

How is he not!? lol
Well he is, going by blood but otherwise he never took up the Kenway name so y'know...

rupok2
02-26-2013, 08:20 PM
I am kind of worried about the writer. Didn't he basically write the stories that weren't extremely great? (AC: rev, and side games). I mean the story will probably be decent but probably not as great as ac2 and ac brotherhood.

rupok2
02-26-2013, 08:22 PM

So I guess this is officially the death of social stealth? Not much crowds for blending on ships. I didn't think Naval was appropriate in AC3 so I can't say I'm very excited if this is true. We'll see though. If there's a strong focus on assassinations and a good story it could be very good.

What i Said...

jamgamerforever
02-26-2013, 08:24 PM
I am kind of worried about the writer. Didn't he basically write the stories that weren't extremely great? (AC: rev, and side games). I mean the story will probably be decent but probably not as great as ac2 and ac brotherhood.
Revelations' gameplay was fairly stagnant, but the story was great?

ProletariatPleb
02-26-2013, 08:26 PM

I liked the story in Revelations a lot more than Brotherhood mainly because it maintained a moral greyness and it was about the ASSASSIN again, not Robin Hood's Brotherhood and the blackest "templar bad guy cesare"

silvermercy
02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
AC2 trilogy was my least favourite game but Rev for some reason was my fave?

Farlander1991
02-26-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm no expert but I believe tree climbing is super hard to get right with all the irregular shapes, I think that's why nobody has even attempted this before.

It's not super-hard. It's incredibly friggin' amazingly super-duper mega irritatingly hard. Even though pretty much everybody thinks that tree-running is cool, it is EXTREMELY underrated. I was just marveled by what I saw, and... yeah. UbiSoft deserves a big kudos for that.

Jarek23
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Better have ambient music. :nonchalance:

pacmanate
02-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Haythams father? Have they run out of ideas? So instead of an Ezio trilogy we get a family Trilogy? Haha. Also, pirates = no for me. Naval was fun but missions too short. Also I hope this doesnt mean that they are going to leave cities until last.

II iL Falco II
02-26-2013, 08:46 PM
God please, no. This is not Assassin's Creed anymore, I am out.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
02-26-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't Know about this really . If it is about pirates then I'm not excited at all . IMO They are destroying the series .. AC3 was awesome but could have been much better .

pacmanate
02-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Remember guys this could all be not true still!

UrDeviant1
02-26-2013, 08:50 PM
remember guys this could all be not true still!

this!

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Ubisoft relationship with Jerry Bruckheimer let to the conception of Assassins of the Caribbean :S

Now we are going to kill Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow

pacmanate
02-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Ubisoft relationship with Jerry Bruckheimer let to the conception of Assassins of the Caribbean :S

Oh lord. I just see no point going to Haythams dad. Like seriously no point. I also don't see any point in focusing in naval. I hope they don't half arse on the cities and parkour. The things AC should have.

TheHumanTowel
02-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Yeah in fairness this is just rumours still.

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Oh lord. I just see no point going to Haythams dad. Like seriously no point. I also don't see any point in focusing in naval. I hope they don't half arse on the cities and parkour. The things AC should have.

I prefer Haytham over his dad :3

silvermercy
02-26-2013, 09:03 PM
You're right about the rumors. For some reason Black Flag sounds like a DLC for the actual AC4... (maybe that's how the subtitle is explained).
Actual AC4 could be set somewhere else...

ACfan443
02-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Black flag is trending on twitter..
The buzz begins

Will_Lucky
02-26-2013, 09:05 PM
You're right about the rumors. For some reason Black Flag sounds like a DLC for the actual AC4... (maybe that's how the subtitle is explained).

Hey, thats what Brotherhood and Revelations originally were ;).

silvermercy
02-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey, thats what Brotherhood and Revelations originally were ;).
LOL Indeed!

Oh I don't know anymore! >_< lol

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 09:07 PM

But rumor says that they will give this posters to stores in March :O. Or maybe i'm wrong. Anyway if they made an Easter Egg of this game i will love to see Jack Sparrow and cut his troat with my hidden-blade :P

silvermercy
02-26-2013, 09:10 PM
But rumor says that they will give this posters to stores in March :O. Or maybe i'm wrong. Anyway if they made an Easter Egg of this game i will love to see Jack Sparrow and cut his troat with my hidden-blade :P
Maybe we are all being trolled by Ubisoft right now. LOL

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:12 PM
It amazes me how some people can even think that Ubi will ditch EVERYTHING for naval -__-

ACfan443
02-26-2013, 09:16 PM
It amazes me how some people can even think that Ubi will ditch EVERYTHING for naval -__-

I'm worried more about the "heavily based" bit.

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Maybe we are all being trolled by Ubisoft right now. LOL

:( they could. Maybe is their vengeance for fans complaining on AC3 :P

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm worried more about the "heavily based" bit.
So ? Heavily based is VERY loose..

It can mean anything to be honest...Like the profession of the protagonist..

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 09:21 PM

Come on, bro. The Black Flags name was leaked weeks ago. It's happening. We just don't know the details yet.

Rugterwyper32
02-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Has anyone thought about potential targets, by the way?

Bartholomew Roberts is one I'd like to see for sure. Calico Jack and Mary Read are other two I've thought of. Maybe Edward Low as well.

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Has anyone thought about potential targets, by the way?

Bartholomew Roberts is one I'd like to see for sure. Calico Jack and Mary Read are other two I've thought of. Maybe Edward Low as well.

My vote goes for Blackbeard :D. And maybe we actually get to meet Captain Kidd after all.

DavisP92
02-26-2013, 09:25 PM

.____. that is very true. Although they did ditch everything that made AC1 great. Hopefully for those that want to continue buying AC games this one won't suck, but personally I almost have no interest in AC

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:28 PM
.____. that is very true. Although they did ditch everything that made AC1 great. Hopefully for those that want to continue buying AC games this one won't suck, but personally I almost have no interest in AC

There`s a difference between ditching secondary features that tackle HOW you play and ditching core mechanics that MAKE the game in favor of a, in my opinion, gimmicky side attraction...

Stardust235
02-26-2013, 09:28 PM
I highly doubt this is real -- the art style is so different compared to other AC games.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:29 PM
I highly doubt this is real -- the art style is so different compared to other AC games.

come on it`s real...

at this point, it can`t be fake...no matter how much you want it to be..

face it, guys. it`s real

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 09:30 PM

:nonchalance:

See my above post. The name was leaked from two different sources many days ago. This is real.

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 09:31 PM

Then silvermecry is right. Ubi is trolling us :'(

TangentialShark
02-26-2013, 09:33 PM
In ACIII it we learned that Edward Kenway was part of the Assassin Brotherhood in Europe(Great Britain) and that his son(Haytham) was influenced by a Templar family friend which led to him becoming a Templar Grand Master by ACIII. In addition there were rumors a few weeks back that the setting for ACIV would be Brazil and now that we know that Edward was an assassin pirate it makes sense that he has access to South America. It seems everything is piecing together but we can't know for-sure until tomorrow. To be honest I had hoped Ubisoft would take a 1 year break from AC before even announcing ACIV but it seems that is not going to happen. ACIII disappointed many fans and it will take something truly amazing to bring back my faith in the franchise. Please Ubisoft, don't let us down...

Stardust235
come on it`s real...

at this point, it can`t be fake...no matter how much you want it to be..

face it, guys. it`s real
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18funlcsrntrxjpg/original.jpg
This is a zoomed in version of the poster to highlight the main character's face (from the article).
Now, compare it with the official cover art for other AC games.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Assassins_Creed_2_Box_Art.JPG
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/42243310150594293533068611916306791026782093581204 n.jpg
See how different the art style is? AC art style has always looked realistic, but this new poster looks like it's from a comic book.

MarleyMon81

It was produced by Todd McFarlane. Considering that they just announced the McFarlance AC figure set it makes sense that he would do some promo art work. Those other examples are all finalized cover art. This could be very similar to the ACIII Ross art work that came out last Feb. Very different than the usual AC art style, but legit none the less.

If it's AC I'm willing to give it a chance. No reason to jump to conclusions when all we basically know is a name, a premise, and a hard to make out screenshot.

UrDeviant1
02-26-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm more interested to know how they're gonna carry on the modern-day story. I like pirates. Not much else to say about it until Ubi give us some official info.

Assassin_M
This is a zoomed in version of the poster to highlight the main character's face (from the article).

See how different the art style is? AC art style has always looked realistic, but this new poster looks like it's from a comic book.
it`s just a poster not the cover and so what if it`s different ??

God forbid ? :P

Stardust235
:nonchalance:

See my above post. The name was leaked from two different sources many days ago. This is real.
It's easy to assume that the guy who posted it to Reddit was lying and someone made art of it to troll us.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:35 PM
It's easy to assume that the guy who posted it to Reddit was lying and someone made art of it to troll us.

if it`s real, you`ll put a Justin bieber banner for 12 weeks...deal ? :|

UrDeviant1
02-26-2013, 09:36 PM
See how different the art style is?.

No, not quite. Could you enlarge the picture a tad more? ;)

Stardust235
02-26-2013, 09:37 PM
It was produced by Todd McFarlane. Considering that they just announced the McFarlance AC figure set it makes sense that he would do some promo art work. Those other examples are all finalized cover art. This could be very similar to the ACIII Ross art work that came out last Feb. Very different than the usual AC art style, but legit none the less.

If it's AC I'm willing to give it a chance. No reason to jump to conclusions when all we basically know is a name, a premise, and a hard to make out screenshot.
How do you know it's by Todd?

it`s just a poster not the cover and so what if it`s different ??

God forbid ? :P
The poster art is most likely to be the cover art (if it is legit), but yeah -- the art from the initiates website is drawn realistically, so.

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 09:38 PM

Don't ruin my Sparrow assassination fantasy!!! :P

Stardust235
if it`s real, you`ll put a Justin bieber banner for 12 weeks...deal ? :|
Deal.

LoyalACFan
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18funlcsrntrxjpg/original.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Assassins_Creed_2_Box_Art.JPG
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/42243310150594293533068611916306791026782093581204 n.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8469/8076358269_80a41448dd_z.jpg

That's all I'm gonna say.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Deal.

Nice

Stardust235
02-26-2013, 09:41 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8469/8076358269_80a41448dd_z.jpg

That's all I'm gonna say.
That was drawn from a Marvel comics artist, so yeah.

MarleyMon81
02-26-2013, 09:42 PM
How do you know it's by Todd?

The poster art is most likely to be the cover art (if it is legit), but yeah -- the art from the initiates website is drawn realistically, so.

"A photo of a poster, set to run in game stores this coming Monday, March 4, was sent to the outlet, indicating the name of the next AC game will be 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag'. The poster (http://kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster), illustrated by Todd McFarlane, also clearly showcases a new assassin in a pirate-themed era. This also lines up with multiple rumors from earlier this year, suggesting Ubisoft's time-spanning saga would be moving to the Caribbean."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/26/rumor-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-uncovered

rileypoole1234
02-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Not sure why everybody's freaking out...

I'm bloody excited.

lothario-da-be
02-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Deal.
Your doing dangerous things, think about it a JB sig for 12 WEEKS!

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Your doing dangerous things, think about it a JB sig for 12 WEEKS!

last time I had this bet....I won :|

he`ll come here any second to tell of his horrific experience of carrying a JB signature for 8 weeks :|

lothario-da-be
02-26-2013, 09:45 PM
last time I had this bet....I won :|

he`ll come here any second to tell of his horrific experience of carrying a JB signature for 8 weeks :|
Will you use one if he wins?:p IF

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Will you use one if he wins?:p IF

Yes...I`m an honrable man of my word

d4st4n96
02-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag features Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin’s Creed III. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate. The game location is set in the Caribbean on multiple island including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas.

d4st4n96
02-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Spoiler xDD
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.423565667732480.101216.109447572477626&type=1

lothario-da-be
Yes...I`m an honrable man of my word
But he can't win, they even said some weeks some ago the new charcter is the father of a playable charcter... How could we not have seen this coming?

Assassin_Banana
"A photo of a poster, set to run in game stores this coming Monday, March 4, was sent to the outlet, indicating the name of the next AC game will be 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag'. The poster (http://kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster), illustrated by Todd McFarlane, also clearly showcases a new assassin in a pirate-themed era. This also lines up with multiple rumors from earlier this year, suggesting Ubisoft's time-spanning saga would be moving to the Caribbean."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/26/rumor-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-uncovered

Poor Ubisoft. This rumor poster is spreading in the news like AIDS. Maybe they didn't even intended to announce anything about Black Flags tomorrow but now they will have no choice.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 09:49 PM
^ I get the feel you`re trying to tell us something important...

d4st4n96
02-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Ac IV: Black flag is about EDWARD Kenway, the father of Haytham...
Assassin and pirate and the action takes place in Caribbean on multiple islands like Jamaica, Cuba and Bahamas

Stardust235
02-26-2013, 09:52 PM

Welp
Time to make my signature Bieber :(

lothario-da-be
02-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Ac IV: Black flag is about EDWARD Kenway, the father of Haytham...
Assassin and pirate and the action takes place in Caribbean on multiple islands like Jamaica, Cuba and Bahamas
1 time was enough i already know now.

lothario-da-be
02-26-2013, 09:54 PM
^ I get the feel you`re trying to tell us something important...
I don't get it :confused:

d4st4n96
just pointing it out xDD :P

Assassin_Banana
Welp

LOL :D You can make him being assassinated by the new Assassin Hero, just an idea ;)

Assassin_M
Welp
No need..

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/008/a/5/justin_bieber_sig_by_angi_h-d36po6o.png

wear it proudly

d4st4n96
02-26-2013, 09:56 PM
xDD

lothario-da-be
02-26-2013, 09:57 PM
No need..

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/008/a/5/justin_bieber_sig_by_angi_h-d36po6o.png

wear it proudly
My god! I forgot how shoking it was!

Stardust235
02-26-2013, 09:57 PM
No need..

wear it proudly
Kill me, please.

silvermercy
02-26-2013, 09:59 PM
This is better though?
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAzLYVQxHBkO160UKK8_pBz8yewOQET fNaHil2ZQ_7-fdvezKj

Assassin_Banana
Kill me, please.

:D lol, you can always add a few creative things in there ;)

Assassin_M
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1285300_o.gif

lothario-da-be
Kill me, please.
Could you please leave the forum for 12 weeks?:)

Assassin_M
This is better though?
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAzLYVQxHBkO160UKK8_pBz8yewOQET fNaHil2ZQ_7-fdvezKj
no...Just the one I bestowed... :|

UrDeviant1
02-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Couldn't you make one with him getting head stomped or something? :/

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Couldn't you make one with him getting head stomped or something? :/

It has to show love :P

To be convincing AND embarassing

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

d4st4n96
kill me, please.
omfg......

Stardust235
:D lol, you can always add a few creative things in there ;)
I'd probably get banned for making my signature too big :(

Could you please leave the forum for 12 weeks?:)
No, grit your teeth and bear with it.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:02 PM
2-0 for the M

UrDeviant1
02-26-2013, 10:02 PM
It has to show love :P

To be convincing AND embarassing

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aha, indeed. lol

rileypoole1234
02-26-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm getting all of these images in my head of an Assassin walking around a little Caribbean town on Jamaica or Cuba or even the Bahamas... It seems so cool. I'm going to the Caribbean with my cousin this summer so I sort of freaked out when I heard this news.

Nice sig by the way...

Kaschra
02-26-2013, 10:03 PM
No need..

wear it proudly

This is... cruel xD

Rogue Agent 035
02-26-2013, 10:06 PM
I just caught the "ACBF" announcement of my facebook page. An must admit, if there's even an ounce of truth to those reports..., Count me in most definately. I just hope the game length, content (minor tweaks of course) are the same as AC3, as AC3 was by far the best of the franchise in my humble opinion.

Soulid_Snake
02-26-2013, 10:07 PM
The in game screenshot screams essences of Ezio from Revelations, even the character's stance looks like that of pre-AC3. Could it be at the old mechanics from older AC games, I hope so. Also, I hope they remove the Tree Parkour and Wildlife, in favour of old building trotting.

Still not feeling the Pirate theme.

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 10:07 PM
I'd probably get banned for making my signature too big :(

Add an angry kitten with guns in one of the sides of the banner :D

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Add an angry kitten with guns in one of the sides of the banner :D

Any addition to the signature will be a violation to the bet :|

egriffin09
02-26-2013, 10:10 PM
If this is true, it sounds interesting. But the naval battles have to be drastically improved if the core gameplay is going to be centered around naval battles.

TorQue1988
02-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Well i would love an open world action adventure game about pirates made by ubisoft, and i am ok with it being Assassins Creed, but it should be just a spinoff, maybe even without the modern day stuff. But a number and a subtitle seems really weird, and it thought it was "Black Flags" not "Black Flag", what happened to the plural?

d4st4n96
02-26-2013, 10:11 PM
If this is true, it sounds interesting. But the naval battles have to be drastically improved if the core gameplay is going to be centered around naval battles.
exactly :)

UrDeviant1
02-26-2013, 10:13 PM

Even this? http://i.imgur.com/uthPOJy.gif

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 10:14 PM

Stardust235 has my permission to violate Justin Beiber :[

Assassin_M
Even this? http://i.imgur.com/uthPOJy.gif

No....I allow this :|

silvermercy
People on other forums think the one in the screenshot is Connor. Same hair color and ponytail... What do you think??

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:17 PM
People on other forums think the one in the screenshot is Connor. Same hair color and ponytail... What do you think??

I think It`s Edward....wanna bet ?

Loser wears a JB signature for 12 weeks :|

UrDeviant1

JB signature 2.0*

silvermercy

I'm not taking any bets. LOL I said OTHER PEOPLE in forums! xD

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:18 PM
JB signature 2.0*

Alright..

I'm not taking any bets. LOL I said OTHER PEOPLE in forums! xD
damm it

Aphex_Tim
02-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Well, they pretty much just confirmed it on Facebook:

"Our Community seems oddly attracted to Pirates lately… Some are even going as far as changing their Facebook language setting to PIRATE!"

That's from AC's official Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed/posts/10151347161773068

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 10:20 PM

I was hoping it would be Connor too. But is unlikely, i checked out the dates for the Golden Age of Pirates and they are prior Connor's time :( we are talking about his grandfather's time indeed. Haytham was born in 1725 and many importan pirates died in 1710's

UrDeviant1
02-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I just hope they don't pretend that they're doing this for the fans. "oh we listened to our fans and they really wanted a game heavily based on naval combat blah blah blah." But i guess we don't really know how heavily featured it will be yet.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:24 PM
I was hoping it would be Connor too. But is unlikely, i checked out the dates for the Golden Age of Pirates and they are prior Connor's time :( we are talking about his grandfather's time indeed. Haytham was born in 1725 and many importan pirates died in 1710's

Edward is looking pretty freaking likely at this point.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:24 PM

William Kidd ??

jamgamerforever
02-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I think it's pretty freakin' cool we'll have played three generations of this family? I've always wanted that in an AC game, only in this case it's spread over two games.

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 10:28 PM
William Kidd ??

He died in 1701 in London

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:29 PM
William Kidd ??

He died a bit earlier (1703, maybe?) but I think we're looking at the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean during the 1710's-1730's, at which time Edward would likely be in his twenties or thirties if Haytham was born in 1725.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:32 PM
He died a bit earlier (1703, maybe?) but I think we're looking at the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean during the 1710's-1730's, at which time Edward would likely be in his twenties or thirties if Haytham was born in 1725.

The golden age of piracy stretches earlier than 1710 actually...

Assassin_Banana
02-26-2013, 10:33 PM

Yes, that is what i was thinking. Nobody knows when Edward was born. But seeing that Haytham birthyear is 1725 his dad can't be too old. But who knows, Ezio was like 55.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:35 PM
The golden age of piracy stretches earlier than 1710 actually...

Not in the Caribbean. There was an initial outbreak of piracy in the 1600's, but the age of piracy everyone thinks about when they think of pirates (i.e. Blackbeard, Yo-Ho-Ho, all that jazz) was after the War of Spanish Secession, which would be in the mid-1710's if my high school knowledge serves me properly.

Moultonborough
02-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Should be interesting. I'll pick it up hopefully a PS4 version if they make it. I just wonder how it will work into Modern Day story and Juno. I would like to hear about how those might fit into AC4.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Not in the Caribbean. There was an initial outbreak of piracy in the 1600's, but the age of piracy everyone thinks about when they think of pirates (i.e. Blackbeard, Yo-Ho-Ho, all that jazz) was after the War of Spanish Secession, which would be in the mid-1710's if my high school knowledge serves me properly.

you`re correct...

But I still have a feeling it`ll tie with Kidd somehow

Kaschra

"Our Community seems oddly attracted to Pirates lately… Some are even going as far as changing their Facebook language setting to PIRATE!"

BAM! Confirmed!
I hope the part about Edward Kenway is true, too. Forsaken was written from Haytham's POV, but he didn't know much about his father's life.

Yes, that is what i was thinking. Nobody knows when Edward was born. But seeing than Haytham birthyear is 1725 his dad can't be too old. But who knows, Ezio was like 55.

Haytham was not Edwards only child, he also has a daughter, Jenny, who is 12 years older than Haytham.

ProletariatPleb

Yeah.

MarleyMon81
02-26-2013, 10:39 PM
Did they take that FB post down? The link isn't working and I couldn't find the post on the AC FB page.

ProletariatPleb
02-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Did they take that FB post down? The link isn't working and I couldn't find the post on the AC FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed/posts/10151347161773068

Screenshot:
http://puu.sh/28Shn

Dejan507
02-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Also I was just replaying AC3 for the second time, and while talking to Shaun after Sequence 3, he mentions Haythams father Edward and how he was a big enemy of Reginald Birch
So I think it's also safe to say Reginald will play a large role in this

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:42 PM
you`re correct...

But I still have a feeling it`ll tie with Kidd somehow

Well, Kidd died in Edward's hometown. Maybe he was secretly an Assassin operating in the Caribbean and a friend to the Kenways, and young Edward left to continue his work after he was executed?

jsmithy28694
02-26-2013, 10:44 PM
please dont be true assassins creed is not meant to be pirates is should almost defo be victorian london would be much better suited to the series

rileypoole1234
02-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Bloody pirates!

dxsxhxcx
02-26-2013, 10:46 PM
a list of potential targets/allies:

"Many of the most well known pirates in historical lore originate from this Golden Age of Piracy.

Henry Morgan, a buccaneer who raided the Spaniards and took the city of Panama. He was to be executed in England but was instead knighted and made governor of Jamaica. He died a natural death in 1688.

Henry Every, who is most famous for being one of the few major pirate captains to retire with his loot without being arrested or killed in battle, and also for capturing the fabulously wealthy Mogul ship Ganj-i-Sawai in 1694.

William "Captain" Kidd, who was executed for piracy at Execution Dock, London in 1701, is famous for the 'buried treasure' he is supposed to have left behind.

"Black Sam" Bellamy, captain of the Whydah Gally, who was lost in a storm in 1717.

Stede Bonnet, a rich Barbadian land owner, turned pirate solely in search of adventure. Bonnet captained a 10-gun sloop, named the Revenge, raiding ships off the Virginia coast in 1717. He was caught and hanged in 1718.

Edward Teach (Thatch), more commonly known as Blackbeard, was active from 1716 to 1718 as perhaps the most notorious pirate among English-speaking nations. Blackbeard's most famous ship was the Queen Anne's Revenge, named in response to the end of Queen Anne's War. Blackbeard was killed by one of Lieutenant Robert Maynard's crewmen in 1718.

Calico Jack Rackham was captured, then hanged and gibbeted outside Port Royal, Jamaica in 1720.

Bartholomew Roberts, sometimes called "Black Bart", has been considered by many as the most successful pirate of all time. He was killed off the coast of Africa in 1722.

Edward Low, active 1721–1724, who was notorious for torturing his victims before killing them.

William Fly, whose execution in 1726 is used by historian Marcus Re****r to mark the end of the Golden Age of Pirates."

MarleyMon81
Thanks. It isn't still up is it? Mabye premature by the AC team.

Assassin_Banana
Haytham was not Edwards only child, he also has a daughter, Jenny, who is 12 years older than Haytham.

Yes, i know, thats why i was also saying that Edward could be old enough to have met Captain Kidd somehow. Because he died in 1701, and Kidd is important in AC3. Maybe Kidd letter's descriptions about people from a secret organization, could have ment he was being followed by the Assassins. Or maybe it was Edward who helped him hidde his shield ring in Oak Island.

ProletariatPleb
02-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Thanks. It isn't still up is it? Mabye premature by the AC team.
It is.

twenty_glyphs
02-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Meh. Would much prefer Victorian England or the French Revolution. Also, I have zero interest in the ongoing story anymore. This just screams attempt to cash in on the naval technology that was developed for AC3, which was nice but not that interesting to me honestly.

Looking forward to playing the first third of the game as Connor's great-grandfather though!

ProletariatPleb
02-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Meh. Would much prefer Victorian England or the French Revolution. Also, I have zero interest in the ongoing story anymore. This just screams attempt to cash in on the naval technology that was developed for AC3, which was nice but not that interesting to me honestly.

Looking forward to playing the first third of the game as Connor's great-grandfather though!
They're trying to use their naval and water tech it seems...

Also "first-third of the game" is that a reference to AC3 or are you suggesting something we don't know >_>

twenty_glyphs
02-26-2013, 10:56 PM
They're trying to use their naval and water tech it seems...

Also "first-third of the game" is that a reference to AC3 or are you suggesting something we don't know >_>

Just a sarcastic swipe at playing the first chunk of AC3 as someone other than the main advertised character.

rupok2
02-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Idk how I feel about this after reading through everything I could find. I feel like the game is gonna be too similar to ac3 for it to be a ac4 title. Still feels like something they would do for a spinoff so knowing its a sequel gives me mixed feelings. Heres hoping Ubisoft don't further ruin the series. If its like 40% naval missions or some crap I am gonna be super annoyed. Every AC has been getting less cool after acb for me, ac3 improved some stuff but I don't get the vibes I got from ac2 and how everything flowed so well, you could tell they worked extremely hard on that game.

Nightmare8767
02-26-2013, 11:23 PM
If this ends up being true, I... don't know what to say.

I wanted one, JUST ONE, single more game with Connor, to expand a bit his role on the Assassin Brotherhood on the new world and see the evolution of America back in the day. And then Ubi could freely move to ACIV for me. Let the series get a one-year breath (or just make another portable game, but nothing too big).

Then, I find this whole pirate thing. Now, don't take me wrong: Naval Missions were (ARE) awesome on ACIII, but calling this ACIV, with a character just like this (instead of trying to give Connor a bit more protagonism and see where he fits into all this "Important Assassin lineage"... No. Just no Ubi. Be careful with this awesome series -- if you push it to the limit too much, it will be ruined almost intsantly.

misterB2001
02-26-2013, 11:24 PM
smacks of a Vita title to me. ACIV being the main console game and the Black Flag spin off being the Vita one.

Kaschra
02-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Freeroaming through the Caribbean (at least I assume we will be able to do that now) with the ship sounds pretty nice, and I do like pirates and the naval missions in AC3, but I don't know how this will really fit with Assassin's Creed.
It feels so different. Not sure what to make of it now.

Though playing as Haytham's dad sounds nice.

ze_topazio
02-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Freeroaming through the Caribbean (at least I assume we will be able to do that now) with the ship sounds pretty nice

Yeah i can imagine the frontier being replaced with a large area of the sea to explore.

AwesomeGuyX
02-26-2013, 11:48 PM
do u think it will be on pc?

rupok2
02-26-2013, 11:51 PM

Na it will be a gameboy color exclusive.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Not sure what to think yet. The poster is drawn, that's not usual Ubi style. Looks great but still. And there are no Ubisoft corporate logos. The outfits from the poster and supposedly leaked screen don't match really.

We'll see. I kind of think it's true but some things make me think it may be fake.

twenty_glyphs
02-27-2013, 12:06 AM

Yep, though its release date will never be "officially announced", and will suddenly change to 3-5 weeks after the console release date about a month or two before the console release. All due to "extra time finishing up the game" mind you, and certainly not just as a misguided effort to combat piracy (piracy, how ironic). Because try as they might, they just haven't managed to figure out how to release the PC version at the same time as the console versions despite 5 cracks at it so far.

Man though, the title sounds so cheesy. A number and a subtitle? It just feels very amateurish to me. Like they couldn't decide what to call it, and this is the title that came out of several rounds of focus groups.

Kind of nice to see that Darby McDevitt is working on it though. I had a feeling that he moved on to another AC title after Revelations came out. I thought he did pretty well with what he had to work with on Revelations, though I think his modern day stuff could improve and I would have liked to see him write something like the glyphs or Altaïr's Codex pages in Revelations. I thought he was really nice to the fans during the summer leading up to Revelations' release and he was very accessible to a lot of different media people. I think he might have popped in to the forums a time or two as well, especially after he found himself being the person to tell the world that Altaïr and Ezio weren't related. I felt bad that some people accused him of altering that part of AC lore on his own whim. Anyway, good times and I appreciated Darby back in the days before and after Revelations' release.

Bashilir
02-27-2013, 12:06 AM
I like the idea and all but I'd rather have Victorian London. xD

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Hmm, though the pants & boots from poster and screen seem to match. Really not sure. But it could be it

SixKeys
02-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Seems strange to have a numbered game with a subtitle. I'm leaning towards this being a Vita title like someone suggested, with a "proper" AC4 coming somewhere down the line. Then again, I'm not surprised by anything Ubisoft does these days.

I liked the naval battles in AC3 but making them such a big part of the franchise is a mistake IMO. It's also clear that for another numbered title to come out this fast, it can't possibly have any huge technological or gameplay leaps compared to AC3. While I wasn't a big fan of Connor, it's slightly disappointing (if predictable) to see them going back to a white male protagonist again. The fact that we'll be playing as Haytham's father (if the rumors are true) seems like lazy storytelling. I didn't care for ACR so Darby McDevitt as the lead writer spells bad news to me.

Oh well, I was gonna pick up the next AC title from the bargain bin anyway, this just makes me feel better about that decision.

Nightmare8767
02-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Imagine that Ubisoft leaked all this in purpose to get the real thing hidden lol

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Few other outfit details seem to match as well (crossed belts on back & front; the flounce around wrists - is that's how it's called?). Perhaps the outfit from poster is hidden under brown jacket he has in the suppousedly in-game screen?

Krayus Korianis
02-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Imagine that Ubisoft leaked all this in purpose to get the real thing hidden lol

I uh, think this person knows the truth. They probably did leak this rofl. I'm sorry, but I got to laugh at all the nerd rage, angry typing and everything else in this thread rofl.

Bashilir
02-27-2013, 12:17 AM
http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/assassins_creed_4_black_flag.jpg

If only the rest of the area wasn't blurred out..

SixKeys
02-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Anybody else remember this rumor from a while ago:

"Yup. Dunno if its ac 4 but i heard the titles black flag and golden age. New lead character is rumored to be a father of a playable character and will have co op alongside a famous scottish pirate."

The "father of a playable character" would appear to be accurate if we'll be playing as Edward Kenway and the subtitle is Black Flag as predicted. If these things are true, then the co-op rumor could be as well.

Krayus Korianis
02-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Flip the picture, it's a gameplay picture.

Will_Lucky
02-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Seems strange to have a numbered game with a subtitle. I'm leaning towards this being a Vita title like someone suggested, with a "proper" AC4 coming somewhere down the line. Then again, I'm not surprised by anything Ubisoft does these days.

Doubtful, they don't make a poster like this for a Vita game. Not to mention we didn't actually have the Vita game announced until some time later after the main game announcement.

Black Flags has simply been rumored for far too long for us to be dealing with a Vita game here, initially it was rumored as a AC3 DLC to take place after the Washington stuff, but like Brotherhood and Revelations before it evidently they've had a change of plan.

AdamPearce
02-27-2013, 12:23 AM
I hope this a fake, if it's not, goodbye Assassin's Creed.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Somone on GAF suggested that the poster artwork may have been done by Todd McFarlane? Does it fit his style (question to people who know it obviously)

Bashilir
02-27-2013, 12:27 AM
I hope this a fake, if it's not, goodbye Assassin's Creed.

Great fan we have here. You should leave anyway.

Nightmare8767
02-27-2013, 12:28 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Spawn.jpg

Judge by yourself.

Will_Lucky
02-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Somone on GAF suggested that the poster artwork may have been done by Todd McFarlane? Does it fit his style (question to people who know it obviously)

He is a Comic Book artist, he definitely fits the quota on the poster. Big name in the comic book world so if true Ubi have spent big bucks on this one.

AdamPearce
02-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Great fan we have here. You should leave anyway.

Assassin's Creed is a game were we trael in time trougth different time, cities and events, that's the bases of the saga. Now I'm sorry, but playing a pirate during the 17 century (which is totally empty, i term of events) isn't Assassin's Creed, it's a naval game.

Seriously, if they want to make a pirate game, go ahead, i'll support you, but don't make an Assassin's Creed game for God sake, it will only gives less freedom of scenario and it will kill another series...

Krayus Korianis
02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Assassin's Creed is a game were we trael in time trougth different time, cities and events, that's the bases of the saga. Now I'm sorry, but playing a pirate during the 17 century (which is totally empty, i term of events) isn't Assassin's Creed, it's a naval game.

Seriously, if they want to make a pirate game, go ahead, i'll support you, but don't make an Assassin's Creed game for God sake, it will only gives less freedom of scenario and it will kill another series...

I fail to see how there wouldn't be events... Honestly, how many cities were there in the Caribbean? A lot, so there's bound to be events. God, just leave already.

MarleyMon81
02-27-2013, 12:36 AM

I posted this a few pages back. The article confirms that the ACIV poster is a McFarlane piece.

Shomu07
02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Anybody else remember this rumor from a while ago:

"Yup. Dunno if its ac 4 but i heard the titles black flag and golden age. New lead character is rumored to be a father of a playable character and will have co op alongside a famous SCOTTISH!!!! pirate."

The "father of a playable character" would appear to be accurate if we'll be playing as Edward Kenway and the subtitle is Black Flag as predicted. If these things are true, then the co-op rumor could be as well.
From Wikipedia:'William "Captain" Kidd (1645 – 23 May 1701) was a SCOTTISH!!!! sailor remembered for his trial and execution for piracy after returning from a voyage to the Indian Ocean. Some modern historians deem his piratical reputation unjust, as there is evidence that Kidd acted only as a privateer.'' oooohhh Sounds very Interesting!!!

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 12:41 AM
I posted this a few pages back. The article confirms that the ACIV poster is a McFarlane piece.

Well IGN may be going by their own assumptions and rumors just as well.

Dunno. Some things make the entire leak seem fake but I think it's all most likely true. The in-game screenshot is definitely real, it's an actual rendered model, don't think anyone would bother to fake such thing.

Also, interesting tweet from VG247's editor: https://twitter.com/patlike/status/306460525422850049 Yeah, the press may already know the leak is real

Krayus Korianis
From Wikipedia:'William "Captain" Kidd (1645 – 23 May 1701) was a SCOTTISH!!!! sailor remembered for his trial and execution for piracy after returning from a voyage to the Indian Ocean. Some modern historians deem his piratical reputation unjust, as there is evidence that Kidd acted only as a privateer.'' oooohhh this Sounds Very Interesting!!!
You know what they say about piracy... Don't be a pirate towards the biggest club wielder. Then ya won't be labeled one! O_O

AdamPearce
I fail to see how there wouldn't be events... Honestly, how many cities were there in the Caribbean? A lot, so there's bound to be events. God, just leave already.

I'm talking about great events, not a little fight in a tavern.

AC1: The Crusad
AC2: Renaissance
ACB: Renaissance + Borgia domination
ACR: Constantinopoli under the Turkish regiment
AC3: American Revolution
AC4: Naval battles, nice, but they could have gone on more interesting times. Like Antiquity, Egypt, Feodal Japan, and more.

Xstantin
02-27-2013, 12:42 AM
I really hope they won't be taking elements or ideas from the Pirates of the Caribbean like they did with the Revelations DLC characters :(

AdamPearce
02-27-2013, 12:44 AM
From Wikipedia:'William "Captain" Kidd (1645 – 23 May 1701) was a SCOTTISH!!!! sailor remembered for his trial and execution for piracy after returning from a voyage to the Indian Ocean. Some modern historians deem his piratical reputation unjust, as there is evidence that Kidd acted only as a privateer.'' oooohhh Sounds very Interesting!!!

Working with Captain Kidd for the Britsh East India company then turn to be a pirate...why not. But still, that could have been a stand alone game with to link to ACs...

silvermercy
02-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Sooo.... if the sea is the new Frontier, will we be harpooning whales for meat? lol Swimming with the dolphins? :cool:

SaintPerkele
02-27-2013, 12:55 AM
If this is true, and I'm afraid it is, holy ****. I'm even more disappointed than back when they announced the setting for ACIII. Seriously, why. WHY. Lost opportunites as always, just a bad way to re-use the naval combat. Here's hoping this is just a DLC for AC3, but I doubt it. Just make a standalone-pirate game Ubisoft, but not ACVI. NO.

TripleR309
02-27-2013, 12:55 AM
No...It couldn't be...Could it? Im sorry but this does not seem real to me. Asassin's creed has always been about historical settings and mind blowing events, while still remaining within the realm of realistic. This...This just seems to be going a bit too far off the fictional side for it to be real. It seems too typical, you know, a pirate themed game? Really?

Megas_Doux
02-27-2013, 12:56 AM
So, since this rumour is almost confirmed, that shatters my hopes of the franchises taking a break. Do not get me wrong, I love it, and I am sure that this pirates/naval stuff will be very fun, but being honest, I would have preferred to experience other settings......

Krayus Korianis
02-27-2013, 12:57 AM
I'm talking about great events, not a little fight in a tavern.

AC1: The Crusad
AC2: Renaissance
ACB: Renaissance + Borgia domination
ACR: Constantinopoli under the Turkish regiment
AC3: American Revolution
AC4: Naval battles, nice, but they could have gone on more interesting times. Like Antiquity, Egypt, Feodal Japan, and more.

Oh god, not the Japan/China bit again. There won't be any Japan/China AC games. Not everyone wants it, thus the majority rules that there will not be one.

Caribbean Sea is filled with events if you even paid attention in your social studies or history classes. Not just bar fights like you think there will be. Just leave now, you're not a fan of AC.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 12:59 AM
No...It couldn't be...Could it?Yup, it's looking more and more likely, verging on granted. But we'll have to wait few more days to be sure

SixKeys
02-27-2013, 01:01 AM
On a side-note, when AC3 was first shown to have naval battles, a lot of people cried out for a multiplayer naval mode. Since the new game seems to be heavily naval-based, it would seem almost odd not to have naval multiplayer.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 01:04 AM
On a side-note, when AC3 was first shown to have naval battles, a lot of people cried out for a multiplayer naval mode. Since the new game seems to be heavily naval-based, it would seem almost odd not to have naval multiplayer.
I could defnitely see MP version of naval happening. It would be a big new feature for MP to lure people in.

TheHumanTowel
02-27-2013, 01:05 AM
Oh god, not the Japan/China bit again. There won't be any Japan/China AC games. Not everyone wants it, thus the majority rules that there will not be one.

Caribbean Sea is filled with events if you even paid attention in your social studies or history classes. Not just bar fights like you think there will be. Just leave now, you're not a fan of AC.
Enough with this "you're not a true fan of AC if you disagree with me" bollox. It's perfectly valid to dislike this potential setting as it is to dislike a potential Japanese setting. Jesus Christ.

Legendz54
02-27-2013, 01:06 AM
Setting seems cool and character seems interesting. Just make me like him and give him appeal and a strong involvement in the modern day story line and everything should be ok, still want to k ow who the new modern day protagonist is.

dxsxhxcx
02-27-2013, 01:08 AM
No...It couldn't be...Could it? Im sorry but this does not seem real to me. Asassin's creed has always been about historical settings and mind blowing events, while still remaining within the realm of realistic. This...This just seems to be going a bit too far off the fictional side for it to be real. It seems too typical, you know, a pirate themed game? Really?

if that's the case then they already dropped the ball in AC3 because the american revolution was far from being a mind blowing event, IMO it was pretty boring.

SaintPerkele
Enough with this "you're not a true fan of AC if you disagree with me" bollox. It's perfectly valid to dislike this potential setting as it is to dislike a potential Japanese setting. Jesus Christ.
Yup, exactly.

Considering the naval battles and how people enjoyed them in ACIII - Ubi could have just made a DLC. But instead, they decides to make a full game? Whatever you folks say, but that is milking the cow without being creative. Seriously, pirates just seem so cliché.

RatonhnhakeFan
Setting seems cool and character seems interesting. Just make me like him and give him appeal and a strong involvement in the modern day story line and everything should be ok, still want to k ow who the new modern day protagonist is.
If there is one. I wouldn't rule out completly Ubisoft going ACL route, with next to new modern-day presence. specially now with Watch Dogs coming and being what a lot of people see as "modern Assassin's Creed"

Legendz54
02-27-2013, 01:14 AM
If there is one. I wouldn't rule out completly Ubisoft going ACL route, with next to new modern-day presence. specially now with Watch Dogs coming and being what a lot of people see as "modern Assassin's Creed"

There has to be one, Juno is on the loose and mankind is still in trouble, maybe Edward holds the answers.

Krayus Korianis
02-27-2013, 01:14 AM
Your reading comprehension saddens me... Work on it.

dxsxhxcx
02-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Yup, exactly.

Considering the naval battles and how people enjoyed them in ACIII - Ubi could have just made a DLC. But instead, they decides to make a full game? Whatever you folks say, but that is milking the cow without being creative. Seriously, pirates just seem so cliché.

this (IMO) doesn't mean pirates aren't cool, but IMO they could've made a better use of this feature and theme in a stand alone game like some people suggested

TheHumanTowel
02-27-2013, 01:17 AM
Your reading comprehension saddens me... Work on it.
Explain exactly what you meant then. In detail. I'm all ears genius. Does "Just leave now you're not a fan of AC" have some double meaning I'm not aware of?

Megas_Doux
02-27-2013, 01:19 AM
if that's the case then they already dropped the ball in AC3 because the american revolution was far from being a mind blowing event, IMO it was pretty boring.

Not exactly!

American revolution was a direct cause to both French and Latin American revolutions.....Defeating the United Kingdom was a very big deal!

SaintPerkele
02-27-2013, 01:19 AM
this (IMO) doesn't mean pirates aren't cool, but IMO they could've made a better use of this feature and theme in a stand alone game like some people suggested
Yeah, I'm all for a good pirate-game, there are definitely not enough of there. But putting the Assassin's Creed label on there seems like a really bad strategy in order to make the sales better.

thecodeman715
02-27-2013, 01:20 AM
***SPOILER ALERT***

From what I have heard, the character is Edward Kenway, the father of Haytham, and grandfather of Connor Kenway. And due {***SPOILER ALERT***} Desmond's death, I think either the Main Modern-Day Assassin will have to be William Miles or Desmond's Mother. I thought I had heard that Desmond's rich ancestry came from his mother, and if that is true we will have to relive Desmond's Mother's past. And let's not forget Juno.

dxsxhxcx
02-27-2013, 01:21 AM
No exactly!

American revolution was a direct cause to both French and Latin American revolutions.....

we didn't play the French and Latin American revolutions so...

Yeah, I'm all for a good pirate-game, there are definitely not enough of there. But putting the Assassin's Creed label on there seems like a really bad strategy in order to make the sales better.

that's true..

Megas_Doux
02-27-2013, 01:23 AM
we didn't play the French and Latin American revolutions so...

Ehrm no, but my point is that you cannot say that "nothing happened".

thecodeman715
02-27-2013, 01:25 AM
The screen shot looks like the graphics from AC3:L, so since, there is a title along with AC4 this could be a Vita game released along AC4.

Legendz54
02-27-2013, 01:29 AM
I trust ubisoft can make any character and setting interesting so I have high hopes.

dxsxhxcx
02-27-2013, 01:31 AM
Ehrm no, but my point is that you cannot say that "nothing happened".

yeah, I understood your point, but I my point wasn't that the american revolution didn't serve for anything in the real world, IMO it wasn't that interesting for a game, sorry if I wasn't more clear in my previous post..

BATISTABUS
02-27-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm excited about the Darby rumor. I think he did a fantastic job with Revelations and Embers.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 01:37 AM
I wonder if Ubisoft will lift embargo tomorrow, soon after press event? Conbsidering everything seems to be leaking anyway...

Stardust235
02-27-2013, 01:39 AM
The screen shot looks like the graphics from AC3:L, so since, there is a title along with AC4 this could be a Vita game released along AC4.
Huh, great point.
Assassin_M, if this ends up being true, do I get to remove my Bieber signature?

SixKeys
02-27-2013, 01:40 AM
I wonder if Ubisoft will lift embargo tomorrow, soon after press event? Conbsidering everything seems to be leaking anyway...

Doubtful. The press has already signed an NDA that decrees the embargo won't lift until Monday.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 01:41 AM
lol 12 weeks? And M is so lazy, it's the same one I wore last year. Get creative M

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 01:41 AM
Huh, great point.
Assassin_M, if this ends up being true, do I get to remove my Bieber signature?

Yes and I get to wear it..

Keep dreaming, though:p

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 01:42 AM
lol 12 weeks? And M is so lazy, it's the same one I wore last year. Get creative M
i`v become attached :P

reminds me of my victories

Stardust235
02-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Haha wow, glad to know I'm not the only one that has to suffer this ordeal.

Yes and I get to wear it..

Keep dreaming, though:p
Keeping my fingers crossed at the event tomorrow.

RatonhnhakeFan
Wait, so what has to happen for M to put on Bieber sig tomorrow?

catkiller97
A made a thread long back :P - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/752885-Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flags-Rumor

Stardust235
02-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Wait, so what has to happen for M to put on Bieber sig tomorrow?
This game has to be a fake or not the real AC4, just a vita exclusive (like liberation)

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 01:47 AM
A made a thread long back :P - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/752885-Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flags-Rumor

If the entire Black Flag turns out to be true tomorrow/next week, then it will also confirm that this was suppoused to be DLC for AC3 originally, since the first reddit rumor talked about DLC

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 01:48 AM
This game has to be a fake or not the real AC4, just a vita exclusive (like liberation)

it just needs to be a fake:rolleyes:

making it easier for you:p

thecodeman715
02-27-2013, 01:49 AM
I just hope the recruit system goes back to the old way, I did like the in depth characters, but I didn't like how they looked nothing like Assassins, didn't have hidden blades (I don't think), DIDN'T WEAR ASSASSIN ROBES, and didn't have ceremony. But the bodyguard ability HAS to stay, I love the Assassins following me around.

Stardust235
02-27-2013, 01:50 AM
it just needs to be a fake:rolleyes:

making it easier for you:p
Thanks, appreciate it.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 01:50 AM
I just hope the recruit system goes back to the old way, I did like the in depth characters, but I didn't like how they looked nothing like Assassins, didn't have hidden blades (I don't think), DIDN'T WEAR ASSASSIN ROBES, and didn't have ceremony. But the bodyguard ability HAS to stay, I love the Assassins following me around.

I hope it stays the "AC III" way...

The robes can go to hell if you ask me...

ze_topazio
02-27-2013, 02:02 AM
What's with you people and dlc? i very much prefer to get a full game, even if short, than some crappy overpriced extra naval missions dlc.

SixKeys
02-27-2013, 02:05 AM
What's with you people and dlc? i very much prefer to get a full game, even if short, than some crappy overpriced extra naval missions dlc.

You prefer to pay $60-80 bucks for what is ultimately the exact overpriced, short DLC you describe?

AdamPearce
02-27-2013, 02:08 AM

So to be a ''real fan'' I must let Ubisoft destroy one of the must beautiful saga of this generation ? And accept that the serie is going around with ****ty ideas and cheap scenario ?

And also...who wanted a AC Naval game huh ? No one. Pirate game, yes, AC Pirate game, never.

TripleR309
02-27-2013, 02:13 AM
Sorry but my console doesn't play"Pirated" Games :p

Ba dum TSHHHH

rileypoole1234
02-27-2013, 02:14 AM
So to be a ''real fan'' I must let Ubisoft destroy one of the must beautiful saga of this generation ? And accept that the serie is going around with ****ty ideas and cheap scenario ?

And also...who wanted a AC Naval game huh ? No one. Pirate game, yes, AC Pirate game, never.

I don't get it with you people. What's wrong with an AC pirate era game? Buildings and trees existed in the Caribbean at that time, so you can't complain about not being able to climb anything.

There could even be a Jungle instead of the Frontier. There would be assassinations as there have been in every AC game to date.

The complaining is very annoying if I'm honest.