PDA

View Full Version : Ratohnhaké:ton's corruption. What do you think?

JCearlyyears
02-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. He gets amazing powers from willow tree tea. Does anyone else think that he will be corrupted?

Locopells
02-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Oh, there's gonna be drawbacks, you can count on that...

JCearlyyears
02-26-2013, 04:00 PM
I wonder if that's why they called the next episode the betrayal, because he gets corrupted, and the redemption is him redeeming himself by ending Washington? I wonder what draw backs there will be. This stealth thing makes him nearly unstoppable, but it does make me die sometimes because I don't pace it and then I get caught and then I die from one hit. Fun. I hope they keep this good balance, so we don't have a win button.

k4Anarky2011
02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Connor is way too much of an idealist and humane to be corrupted by animalistic instincts. He would have killed himself before he could take power or hurt innocents.

JCearlyyears
02-26-2013, 04:09 PM
But isn't that what corruption is? Washington was determined to create a free country but then the power got to him. Maybe Ratohnhaké:ton is strong enough to not be corrupted, but going along with the theme of power corrupting, it doesn't seem too far out to me.

pacmanate
02-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Nah

Perk89
02-26-2013, 04:13 PM
It'd ruin what people like most about his character if they did that to him.

JCearlyyears
02-26-2013, 04:17 PM
They did say they were exploring more of his character...

AjinkyaParuleka
02-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I wonder,how is he supposed to get his second power if he is kept at Boston o.O.The game was fun,even if it was for 2 hours only,hell i loved the "stabby-stabby"action.

JCearlyyears
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Maybe he kept some with him?(the stuff from the tree) I'm not sure why he doesn't just make gallons of the tea and drink it leisurely. He'd be doing leaps of space with all that tea. He'd be really powerful.

k4Anarky2011
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
They did say they were exploring more of his character...
I think Connor has a lot of buried emotion in him. He had his childhood robbed from him, his mother killed, his village and people destroyed and sent away. Connor had a lot of noble strength and courage to endure that (Also, being an assassin is a pretty wicked stress-relieving hobby).

But I can most certainly feel that his rage is always there.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Oh he`ll definitely show signs and act like, but will it last ? Nah...he`ll beat it in the end...

Kirokill
02-26-2013, 05:28 PM
I only watched 1 movie where Evil beats Good. So you can count 99% of every story between 2 people that Good will win.. >.>

infamous_ezio
02-26-2013, 06:18 PM
I recon he will, at some point in the infamy, he goes on about how much power he has, and how no one can stop it, similar to washingtons mentality IMO

JCearlyyears
02-26-2013, 06:44 PM
And that's just with one power. Imagine the second one...

FirestarLuva
02-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Corrupted or not, I'm sure it won't be, Connor-gets-all-the-powers-defeates-Washington-and-goes-back-in-the-real-world-huzzah! kind of story.
In the game, Ziio said the tea was the promise of madness and death. She told the tea would affect Connor even more. She was so scared to let Connor drink the tea.
When one of the fans asked Ubi will Connor go mad because he was always bragging how powerful he is and stuff, one of the devs smiled and said he loved how fans picked up all the subtle hints in the game.
And I think we all noticed how Connor didn't seem like Connor any more by the end of the first episode. In AC3, despite being brutal, Connor wanted to avoid bloodshed as much as possible (hence the missions with Haytham) and in TOKW when he thought the bluecoats took his tomahawk he said he will enjoy getting it back. Since when does Connor enjoy killing things? Connor respects the dead more than any other assassin in the franchise, even if it's a Templar target.

And something interesting from multiple sites:

Well, you see , we are not forgetting character. The core of the story is about how Connor becomes Ratonhnhaké:ton. So you see, when you start the downloadable content, he is a bit confused. You can see him start as Connor: ‘What am I doing here. Mum you are alive’. And then you can see him growing into Ratonhnhaké:ton, his native self. When you are playing downloadable content B(Episode 2), he is going to question himself : ‘What am I doing here? Who am I really?’. And by the end of downloadable content C(episode 3) you will see Connor again, make a comeback at the end. And understand exactly how this is all related to Connor. So it’s not like we are forgetting Connor. It’s like we are building upon Connor and all the side content. All the side missions that you do are related to Connor’s motivation as a character.

Yes, he's totally aware of it. He knows something is wrong and something doesn't gel. The more he becomes embedded in this reality, the harder it is for him to separate himself, and by the end he will have a choice to stay or leave.

This last line seems interesting.
I'm sure Connor will have obstacles in his path to kill Washington and him going mad would add an nteresting dynamic to his character, showing all the pain he's been hiding inside and adding more depth to his character.

Wolf-kitten
02-28-2013, 12:28 AM
I did wonder about that part with the tomahawk myself. He seemed so...off.