PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Card Debate - 26/02/2013 - Slow

Homard_C
02-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Dear champions,

For this week’s Tuesday Card Debate we have decided to ask you what you think of the spell card Slow!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/fr/games/mmdoc/Slow.png

Once again we would like to have all your feedback on this card: do you use it, why? Why not? What do you like or dislike about this card? What would you change about this card?

Enjoy ;)
Your DoC team

zenithale
02-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Well the effect of this card is not so bad for just 1 Ressource, it can help sometime, but the issue is you waste this card to escape to only 1 attack. The frozen Maze is really better since it prevents 2 attacks, and can't be dispelled, Ice wall can block 2 attacks as well, and for 2 Ressources you have Frozen ground. Overall I don't use this card, except maybe with few Magic heroes.

ulpsz
02-26-2013, 04:24 PM
card is good and well ballanced...

all those better options Zenthal mentioned are not available to inferno...

I don't use it since my inferno decks are all about pressure..but there's nothing for me to dislike about it

IBasharAnge
02-26-2013, 05:05 PM
The card is good. It does two usefull things for one meager mana. The issue is it's in the wrong School.

Primal already has very strong spells: Dispell, Teleport, Town Portal, Spell Twister and Time Jump. You could say that Teleport and Town Portal do what Slow does but open more options.

So, I really think should be in another School.

Vexx_PL
02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Both You guys are right actually.

The card itself is decent. Primal has tons of better options including Town Portal and Teleport, but I guess for a rush Inferno deck the card is more than decent as it enables You to keep making pressure and playing creatures while it sneeks in for 1 resource and disables something from hitting You or Your own creatures next turn.

psychobabble.
02-26-2013, 11:27 PM
People are thinking about this card wrong if they're seeing it as a card you play just to stop an ally doing anything for a turn. If you play it like that, you're just throwing cards away. The way it should be used (most of the time) is slowing a dangerous ally, usually a DA, and then deploying or moving somthing in front of it, ready to kill it the next turn. That way it's actually a (slow) 1-1 removal spell, rather than just a minor temporary effect.

Also, the water school does have a similar effect (frozen ground), and as mentioned, a lot of the inferno heroes lack access to this kind of effect so I think it's fine in the primal school.

Anyway, it's a fine card in the right deck imo. A cheap pseudo-removal spell when you need it.

Ipwnfour
02-27-2013, 09:33 AM
This spell is fine as it is, for the reasons mentioned by others here.

The only thing I would like to see changed (yet not expecting) is the change of the card's name. 'Slow' suggests slowing down a creature. In HOMM this was always its movement speed and initiation. What Slow does now is completely crippling a creature for 1 turn. This is more like 'Blind' or 'Stone Gaze' or 'Paralize'. I think the latter suits this card the most. :)

Harmbringer
02-27-2013, 09:54 AM
This card can also be used to get rid of Life Draining Creatures. Itīs good, itīs cheap. Teleport is another card with another scope, I would not compare it.
But it could also be an earth card I assume.

WalkingHawking
02-27-2013, 04:08 PM
This card can also be used to get rid of Life Draining Creatures. Itīs good, itīs cheap. Teleport is another card with another scope, I would not compare it.
But it could also be an earth card I assume.

It's part of the Primal magic skill tree in MMH6.

Harmbringer
02-27-2013, 04:28 PM
It's part of the Primal magic skill tree in MMH6.

True, but it would be more like 'Stone Gaze' or 'petrify'