PDA

View Full Version : Units' skills animation - Important.

JinMnM
02-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Hello there,
I have a question regarding unit's skill animation. Will MMHO units have animated skills ? In Heroes 3 for example, Dread Knight had double damage sword, curse, or Vampire Lord had life drain, or Ghost Dragon had aging skill.... and so on... When First Aid Tent healed units it was an animation, (not simply text saying " +20 hp", text only is really wrong, no fun at all).

Will you make all the skills animated in MMHO? It really adds a lot of pleasure to the gameplay. I honestly never enjoyed text "double damage" or "x unit is now cursed".

Skill animations (and not only) are very important part of heroes series. I have a big request to you. Please create great animations with good sound effects, as many animations as possible. Text only is really not the way to go. Please remember about animations. (take a lesson from heroes 3).

Thank you.

PS. I really want this game to succeed, that's why I felt like it is good to let you know what is the best for the heroes game. Honestly, heroes 3 was the best, but I believe in you guys and I know that if you want you can create a better game.

Remember, ANIMATIONS with great deep sound. (Make all the skills animated)! For example, when First Aid Tent heals, there should be an animation on the tent as well as on the unit being healed (not only unit or not only tent, but animation should be on both).

Also remember to make fights fast (like in H3, not slower).

Kuby.Tuby
02-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi,

to make it short. Each ability will have an animation. Otherwise it would be kind of boring if there weren't animations.

Best regards
BB_Kuby

JinMnM
02-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi,

to make it short. Each ability will have an animation. Otherwise it would be kind of boring if there weren't animations.

Best regards
BB_Kuby

Thank you for response. I want to highlight a very important aspect of skill animation - sound. Skills from heroes 5 and 6 have really not as good sound effects as heroes 3. Please make the sounds and music in MMHO full of "badassness" and "epicness".

For comparison:
skill/spell/monster sound effects from heroes 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCPCTfXKSs (no deep sounds, spells/skills/monsters don't sound epic or rich)

Heroes 3 sound effects of units attacks, skills, spells had more bass, were more deep, I don't know how to say that, but you should compare heroes 3 sounds to heroes 5/6 sounds during the battle. Make everything on the battlefield sound and look more epic. I want this game to improve a lot from H5 and H6. Do your best to finally make a game better than H3, Heroes 5 and 6 were good, but they lacked "something".

This is not criticism but honest help. I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks

PS. I think that more bass might help but not only bass for sure.

Take a look at game Amnesia: The Dark Descent or Disciples 2 (fights only), they are perfect examples which show the importance of Deep Sound in games. Graphics are not everything.

Please take a look at this fight gameplay (listen to it): http://youtu.be/aHN4NjfIUh4?t=11s (you can feel the atmosphere, right? That's it!)

Good luck!

Kuby.Tuby
02-26-2013, 11:40 AM
We are aware of how important an epic music and sound is for a good game. We have to deliver the right atmosphere for epic battles.
I think we find a good way to create the right atmosphere and being brand loyal which means that you will regocnize various sounds of previous Might & Magic games.

I totally agree that good graphics are not everything and our goal is to deliver: Good graphics, great sounds and a great gameplay.

JinMnM
02-26-2013, 12:13 PM
That is a very satisfying answer.

Kind regards.