PDA

View Full Version : AI plane physics/FM

ruf9ii
06-10-2004, 12:23 AM
are the AI planes affected by physics? for example, do they fall apart at critical speed? do the early war planes (i-16 etc) have disrupted fuel flow at neg G's?
also, do the AI suffer from black outs, red outs and wounding?

asking cause i got a i153 (?) on my 6 and i was goin to slow to out climb him (im in a hurri mkc) and was too close anyways. so i nose down in a dive, as hard as possible. he followed but his engine didnt even splutter, let alone cough. i got a lot of red out, and when i cheked his plane (F6) he didnt even roll to dive, just nose down like i did.

and when i watch tracks where i've blacked out, an enemy in the same plane, speed, etc will follow me round, make a pass and split S...while i'm still blacked out!...

ruf9ii
06-10-2004, 12:23 AM
are the AI planes affected by physics? for example, do they fall apart at critical speed? do the early war planes (i-16 etc) have disrupted fuel flow at neg G's?
also, do the AI suffer from black outs, red outs and wounding?

asking cause i got a i153 (?) on my 6 and i was goin to slow to out climb him (im in a hurri mkc) and was too close anyways. so i nose down in a dive, as hard as possible. he followed but his engine didnt even splutter, let alone cough. i got a lot of red out, and when i cheked his plane (F6) he didnt even roll to dive, just nose down like i did.

and when i watch tracks where i've blacked out, an enemy in the same plane, speed, etc will follow me round, make a pass and split S...while i'm still blacked out!...

actionhank1786
06-10-2004, 12:28 AM
I've wondered this myself. I see AI pilots snapping their planes flat out of dives and climbs, without going into flat spins like i do, condensation on the wing tips and all. plus the AI 262's and other jets seem to be able to run at max throttle (black smoke from the engines) with no penalty...
lucky guys

http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v54/Halfwayhank/Actionsig.png

Actionhank
~Aaron White

arcadeace
06-10-2004, 01:00 AM
I've also wondered what stresses they are affected by. In hard turning and burning they will come close to stalling and cut it off. They can 'see' through clouds and darkness.

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/222_1082457373_222_1082441075_airaces.jpg