PDA

View Full Version : What if Abstergo is viewing Tyranny of King Washington and will get a PoE? [SPOILERS]

Assasseffect
02-25-2013, 08:57 PM
So if you beat the main game and the optional ending sidequest, you know that Desmond's DNA was uploaded to somethng called the Animus Cloud, possibly as a method of continuing playing as his ancestors while he's dead.

Also, in ToKW, it opens with real-universe Washington talking to real-universe Connor while holding an Apple of Eden. It is mentioned in the main game by Rebecca that Subject 16 knew that Washington gets an apple at some point in his life, so the DLC may be some odd vision the apple is showing Connor.

So if the people viewing this moment of Connor's life are Abstergo agents who uploaded Desmond's DNA to the Animus Cloud, and Connor will take real Washington's Apple and hide it to prevent these events from unfolding, Abstergo could find the apple and use it to continue the satellite launch.

lothario-da-be
02-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Intereting theory, it could be possible.

UrDeviant1
02-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Definitely possible. It would make sense.

misterB2001
02-25-2013, 09:16 PM
at last, a theory that makes definite sense!

Very good work!

infamous_ezio
02-25-2013, 09:17 PM
I actually thought of this lastnight at work, i was going to post it on here but i got home at 4am and really cbf'd..

but seriously, this makes so much sense

Locopells
02-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Don't panic, if the First Civ couldn't make it work...

Kaschra
02-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Really good theory there, which could really happen.

SaintPerkele
02-25-2013, 09:45 PM
But I thought i was very likely that Washington's Apple was passed from president to president? At least that used to be (most likely) the plot, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft changed this again.

DisbandedBox359
02-25-2013, 10:08 PM
even if they get one the satellite launch will fail anyway

Megas_Doux
02-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Makes sense!!!!

Nodoby knows yet, though.....

MasterSimaYi
02-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Interesting theory, but I am afraid it is not true, based on two things. The first thing is that I do recall seeing the Abstergo Entertainment logo being shown when you start Tyranny of King Washington (I recall seeing this in a video though, since I am gonna have to get the DLC next week), indicating that these memories of Connor were released to the public through the privatized Animus; not just Abstergo can see and 'play' these, but everyone can.

Also, the Apple that Washington possessed was "Piece of Eden #3". This Apple was presumably passed down from President to President, eventually ending up in the hands of Franklin D. Roosevelt and later John F. Kennedy. When John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Templar sleeper agent Lee Harvey Oswald, William Greer (who was himself 'trained' with another Apple of Eden by the Templars) took Kennedy's Apple; it already ended up in the hands of the Templars in 1963, though what happened to it after that is unknown.

Perk89
02-26-2013, 01:04 AM
But doesn't the Abstergo satellite idea not work? I don't see that as the cornerstone of their conspiracies going forward. Im pretty confident the Animus will be their machine o' evil. Been suggested quite heavily in the multiplayer videos the past couple games. I'm frankly more interested in what becomes of Altair's apple.

Farlander1991
02-26-2013, 06:37 AM
But doesn't the Abstergo satellite idea not work? I don't see that as the cornerstone of their conspiracies going forward. Im pretty confident the Animus will be their machine o' evil. Been suggested quite heavily in the multiplayer videos the past couple games. I'm frankly more interested in what becomes of Altair's apple.

Abstergo had Altair's apple. It was destroyed in an accident in Denver.

LightRey
02-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Abstergo had Altair's apple. It was destroyed in an accident in Denver.
I think he means Ezio's apple (which of course isn't Altaļr's apple, but not everybody picked up on that).

Farlander1991
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
I think he means Ezio's apple (which of course isn't Altaļr's apple, but not everybody picked up on that).

Yeah, probably. I don't blame him. Frankly, ACII heavily implies that the Apple hidden on Cyprus is Altair's apple (and the storyline of Bloodlines also nudges the thought further in that direction). And I think that was indeed the case, back when ACII was being created and there were originally supposed to be only three games, but then it evolved into what we have now. Happens all the time.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Yeah, probably. I don't blame him. Frankly, ACII heavily implies that the Apple hidden on Cyprus is Altair's apple (and the storyline of Bloodlines also nudges the thought further in that direction). And I think that was indeed the case, back when ACII was being created and there were originally supposed to be only three games, but then it evolved into what we have now. Happens all the time.

Indeed. I think players of AC2 and Bloodlines were supposed to make that connection, but it was never stated outright because none of the in-game characters knew that the two Apples were one and the same. After I finished Revelations and saw that Altair had an Apple in the library, I actually thought for a while that he had somehow found a second Apple at some point in his life and hid it on Cyprus for Ezio to reclaim centuries later. In any case, I smell a retcon.

But as for the satellite launch... I dunno. I feel like the plot has moved on, for several reasons.

1. Shaun said that Abstergo had postponed the launch indefinitely after Vidic's murder.
2. Desmond said that in the vision Juno showed him (the one that revealed Lucy's Templar allegiance) he saw the satellite fail.
3. Not even the First Civilization could make it work.

LightRey
02-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Indeed. I think players of AC2 and Bloodlines were supposed to make that connection, but it was never stated outright because none of the in-game characters knew that the two Apples were one and the same. After I finished Revelations and saw that Altair had an Apple in the library, I actually thought for a while that he had somehow found a second Apple at some point in his life and hid it on Cyprus for Ezio to reclaim centuries later. In any case, I smell a retcon.

But as for the satellite launch... I dunno. I feel like the plot has moved on, for several reasons.

1. Shaun said that Abstergo had postponed the launch indefinitely after Vidic's murder.
2. Desmond said that in the vision Juno showed him (the one that revealed Lucy's Templar allegiance) he saw the satellite fail.
3. Not even the First Civilization could make it work.
Your second point is not actually confirmed. Though he does somewhat suggest this, it's not entirely clear what he meant. He never explicitly states that the plan didn't work.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Your second point is not actually confirmed. Though he does somewhat suggest this, it's not entirely clear what he meant. He never explicitly states that the plan didn't work.

I'm 90% sure he said outright, "It failed." Unless it blew up in an improbably massive explosion and killed people on Earth, that sounds pretty harmless to me.

infamous_ezio
02-26-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm 90% sure he said outright, "It failed." Unless it blew up in an improbably massive explosion and killed people on Earth, that sounds pretty harmless to me.

This is what Juno put in his head when he touched the apple, it could have been another way to convince desmond that the only hope they have is to free juno

RinoTheBouncer
02-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Definitely possible and makes a lot of sense. It's also neither farfetched nor that kinda explanations that look like they're forcibly trying to fit in.

MasterSimaYi
02-26-2013, 07:23 PM
But doesn't the Abstergo satellite idea not work?

Abstergo doesn't know this. The launch date has been postponed. Besides, they just want the Pieces of Eden, not just for Eye-Abstergo.