PDA

View Full Version : An Appeal To Ubisoft: Connor Kenway And Why He's Not Done Yet!

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 02:09 AM
http://gamerhub.tv/articles/an-appeal-to-ubisoft-connor-kenway-and-why-hes-not-done-yet/?page=3

When Ubisoft's much-anticipated Assassin's Creed 3 was first released, fans were a little more than underwhelmed. The came was glitchy, seemingly unfinished in plotline, with a hero that was so radically different from the extreme personalities of other characters past that he seemed too emotionally inaccesable to fans. Players didn't like Connor: he was 'boring', 'too stoic', 'too bland'. But I, personally, thought Connor was justified. At the end of the game, Connor is a mere 28 years old, as opposed to previous heroes having their legacies documented throughout the entirety of their lives. I sincerely do not think fans were given enough time for Connor, and I truly believe that Ubisoft rushed this one far too much.

The iconic heroes of Assassin's Creed come with a lot of baggage -- many lose their families, betray their societies, and generally live alone. I'm going to be honest and admit that it was not Connor Kenway, but Ezio Auditore da Firenze who first hooked me to the Assassin's Creed series, but it has been Connor that has stolen my heart. Connor showed us a part of American history that so many people have come to deny or neglect: the part where, no matter whose side you were on, you could not win the American Revolution as a Native American. Beyond that, Connor has shown us a character that is, perhaps, not as extroverted as Ezio (sorry Altair, we love you and all), but is someone who has gone through serious trauma and rose up to create his own courage, his own honor, his own legacy. He may not be outspoken, he may be young and na´ve, he may not be a playboy or a scholar, but Connor is a genuinely good person, and that's something we rarely see in both video games and real life.

The one thing people don't seem to realize is that Connor should be quiet. He should be reserved. He deserves to be able to feel no need to to justify himself to an entire world that is completely against who and what he is. At the very start of his story, when he is just a boy, Connor is harassed by Charles Lee for simply being Native -- and just minutes later, he is forced to watch and cope with the fact that his mother has been burned alive by the same people who just trashed his heritage.
Connor only speaks when he feels as though it's just. He speaks when Samuel Adams calls his cause (as a participant of the American Revoltuion) just, but still owns human slaves. He speaks when something wrong has gone on, and he speaks with power far beyond his years. He speaks when he feels it is right, and that's okay. We are not stupid, gamers -- we can understand in-depth characters in various settings -- we just need to listen. Connor is caught up in a situation that pulls him in every direction: his people are being destroyed by the country he is trying to save from the oppression of a country that he's never even heard of.

Ubisoft, there are Native Americans in my life who cried when you announced that Connor would be your new main character. Their mothers, older people who have never touched a video game, were excited to watch their kids play and learn about this new hero, this Mohawk Warrior that was at the core of their heritage. There were young Natives, kids who are still bullied in school for being who they are, who were so excited to see a hero that wasn't dressed up in a mockery of their culture. Assassin's Creed 3 was presented to them as an unfinished game chock full of glitches that any other AC game would never leave the table with. Even now, with The Tyranny of King Washington DLC, where the lore of their culture is being explored through Connor's new mystical powers, storyline and functionality falls short -- you lose your tomahawk if you so much as pick a lock to unlock a chest. The lack of attention to detail in this game makes every other aspect, including the respect to accuracy of culture, completely suffer. This can't happen. I beg you to give Connor a chance, to give him the game he deserves, to give him a 3.1 and 3.2 that shows him growing up, or even suffering through the hardships that come with being both an Assassin and a Native American. I know that, with Desmond gone, writing more of these games may be challenging. But I also know that there are people out there, of all nationalities, who would love to see Connor again. Groups such as the Wolfkin Initiative have formed to call players to action and take to all social media outlets in an effort to support the conception of more Connor games. We can't have more DLCs like Tyranny. We need a cohesive, complete game, and I believe that is not too much to ask for.
I truly hope that after all of these essays, messages, and this personal appeal, Ubisoft reconsiders Connor as a character and brings something new and amazing to show fans that Connor is more than just a reserved man with a dark past. He is a hero, he is a good friend, and he is an amazing character. Please give him a real chance.

------

This is becoming worrying...
Seems the shout for another Connor game has become public, even the media have started writing about it. XS
I don't want to be on the internet if Ubi announces they won't continue Connor with another game. Now, that'd be end of the world. I feel fans will boycott Ubi and burn every studio there is.
Some native americans even said getting rid of Connor was the worst thing to every happen to their people.
And some natives even cried for Connor?!
Dear Ubi, thread carefully with this if you don't want the company washed out by a wave of....something scary.
You kinda screwed yourselves with the release of the Tyranny since now, people who didn't like Connor, after playing it, will also want more of him. There are already comments like, 'I regret selling this game', 'I used to hate Connor but now I love him'' , 'This game really is awesome, I was wrong, this really is a good game'
This is becoming so tense, even Ubi are aware of what would happen if there is no more Connor.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:16 AM
don't you think you`re being a bit over the top with the scary stuff ?:p

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 02:21 AM

You should go and check out tumblr :P The way some fans are reacting to the new AC news is kinda surprising. Makes you think what they'd do...

silvermercy
02-25-2013, 02:24 AM
Well, a LOT of fans on their blogs DID threaten to burn Ubi's headquarters a while ago. Haha! I wish I had their posts with the photoshopped buildings on fire. LMAO! They even posted pics of coffins inviting Ubi to step in! ahaha! :D (They were joking of course, but in a very angry way! lol)
Just an hour ago someone threatened to... EAT Ubi's loved ones if there was no Connor. :eek:
So maybe it's not such an exaggeration... lol

Edit: haha! I've seen those posts on Tumblr, too! Ubi will have a LOT of angry fans! lol Zombies, too!

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:24 AM
You should go and check out tumblr :P The way some fans are reacting to the new AC news is kinda surprising. Makes you think what they'd do...
I would go to tumblr, but I have a hard time navigating that thing xS

If you don't mind, could you provide a link ?

I`d like to see some of the reactions. should be an Interesting read:p

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:25 AM
Well, a LOT of fans on their blogs DID threaten to burn Ubi's headquarters a while ago. Haha! I wish I had their posts with the photoshopped buildings on fire. LMAO! They even posted pics of coffins! ahaha! :D (They were joking of course, but in a very angry way! lol)
Just an hour ago someone threatened to... EAT Ubi's loved ones if there was no Connor. :eek:
So maybe it's not such an exaggeration... lol
That SHOULD provide for an interesting read tonight xD

silvermercy
02-25-2013, 02:29 AM
That SHOULD provide for an interesting read tonight xD
Most of them are not in the posts themselves but on the tags when they reblog a post. You have to click on hundreds or maybe thousands of the reblogged posts to read them all. lol But it's so worth it!!

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 02:30 AM
I would go to tumblr, but I have a hard time navigating that thing xS

If you don't mind, could you provide a link ?

I`d like to see some of the reactions. should be an Interesting read:p

I'd do it, but I'm also having problems navigating it since I don't have tumblr. Found some crazy reactions to the news on various blogs, but the way they name their blogs, kind hard to remember.
Here's one, not an angry fan, but you can see they sure are in a deep state of depresson.
http://wolfkininitiative.tumblr.com/ (Just scroll down a couple of posts)
Silvermercy, perhaps you can find some of those you mentioned. The one with the burning buildings seems new. XD

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:35 AM
I think I got it :D

Thanks, Firestar...

TheHumanTowel
02-25-2013, 02:35 AM
I dislike the way there's this expectation now for characters getting multiple sequels. It's the fault of Ubisoft giving Ezio three games but really Connor fans should stop acting like he's entitled to another game. Is there really that much more you could do with his character? He had a satisfying conclusion to his character arc in AC3. Part of the problem with the Ezio trilogy was that there was nowhere for his character to go so it just got stale. Ubi should only make another Connor game if there's a good story to tell. It's better to leave at a natural point for his character than to have him outstay his welcome because of fan service.

silvermercy
02-25-2013, 02:38 AM
Silvermercy, perhaps you can find some of those you mentioned. The one with the burning buildings seems new. XD
I wish I had saved them just a few of them. They're so many! I will try but once they are posted they get lost in the abyss of the new AC/Connor posts and they're then quite difficult to find.
I recommend creating a Tumblr blog account and tracking those tags. Endless entertainment in the AC fandom! :D (Warning, you will have to "suffer" through hundreds of posts about Connor's abs and nipples, on a daily basis though. Tumblr is FULL of fangirls). XD

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:42 AM
(Warning, you will have to "suffer" through hundreds of posts about Connor's abs and nipples)
That may be too much to go through :|

silvermercy
02-25-2013, 02:43 AM
That may be too much to go through :|
For me it's paradise. XD

These are the latest Connor tags though. http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/connor+kenway
Top ones are looking safe... enough right now. lol

rupok2
02-25-2013, 02:46 AM
I dislike the way there's this expectation now for characters getting multiple sequels. It's the fault of Ubisoft giving Ezio three games but really Connor fans should stop acting like he's entitled to another game. Is there really that much more you could do with his character? He had a satisfying conclusion to his character arc in AC3. Part of the problem with the Ezio trilogy was that there was nowhere for his character to go so it just got stale. Ubi should only make another Connor game if there's a good story to tell. It's better to leave at a natural point for his character than to have him outstay his welcome because of fan service.

You kidding? Ac3 a satisfying ending for connor? Ac3 end showed that most of what connor did meant jack squat. Oppression still goes on (Slavery), his tribe left, and the templars were right in many ways of the future consequences.

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 02:47 AM
(Warning, you will have to "suffer" through hundreds of posts about Connor's abs and nipples, on a daily basis though. Tumblr is FULL of fangirls). XD

Not only the nipples, chest and abs, they're going crazy for the whole package. Yesterday there was a post about how sexy and big Connor's hands were.
Ironic, really cause Ezio was supposed to be the one with the fangirls, yet he got overly-attached fanboys instead, poor Ezio... May I ask, does Connor suprass Malik when it comes to fangirls? We know how many love Malik. :D
This feels like Lokl over again when Thor came out. :P Connor isn't even the traditional handsome type, yet people go crazy over him. I wonder if they realise he's not real...

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:47 AM
For me it's paradise. XD

These are the latest Connor tags though. http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/connor+kenway
Top ones are looking safe... enough right now. lol
Looking decent enough..........as of yet

silvermercy
02-25-2013, 02:49 AM
Not only the nipples, chest and abs, they're going crazy for the whole package. Yesterday there was a post about how sexy and big Connor's hands were.
Ironic, really cause Ezio was supposed to be the one with the fangirls, yet he got overly-attached fanboys instead, poor Ezio... May I ask, does Connor suprass Malik when it comes to fangirls? We know how many love Malik. :D
This feels like Lokl over again when Thor came out. :P Connor isn't even the traditional handsome type, yet people go crazy over him. I wonder if they realise he's not real...
Malik's tag is "dead" compared to Connor's! You will never finish scrolling in the Connor tag.

haha! I missed the sexy hands! Nooooo!! Yes, they realise he's not real and are all depressed about it. lol

silvermercy
02-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Looking decent enough..........as of yet
You will encounter a nipple post any time now... XD

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 02:51 AM
Malik's tag is "dead" compared to Connor's! You will never finish scrolling in the Connor tag.

haha! I missed the sexy hands! Nooooo!! Yes, they realise he's not real and are all depressed about it. lol

Some even say Connor made them forget Loki for a whole month. I guess, to them..that's some sort of success? XD

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:52 AM
You will encounter a nipple post any time now... XD
dammit just found one :|

silvermercy
02-25-2013, 02:56 AM
dammit just found one :|
Don't say I didn't warn you... ;)

TheHumanTowel
You kidding? Ac3 a satisfying ending for connor? Ac3 end showed that most of what connor did meant jack squat. Oppression still goes on (Slavery), his tribe left, and the templars were right in many ways of the future consequences.
Yeah that's kind of the point. His was always a doomed cause. What did you expect the natives to all live happily ever after with the colonists? Connor loses his naivety and fails his people but he comes through the experience a wiser man, still committed to the Assassin ideology. The cut epilogue dialogue does a good job of explaining his position.

ElfEnvy18

Not sure about you, but I can't see guys posting the endless Ezio/Leo art *shudders*.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Don't say I didn't warn you... ;)
You know ? There`s actually a lot of decent art here...

Might just get me to go back to drawing again...

Farlander1991
02-25-2013, 03:03 AM

I think 'satisfying' in this case doesn't mean 'brings warm and fuzzy feelings to the players' or 'character achieving something'. It means that it's a full character arc with a logical conclusion. That, really, couldn't end any other way.

Connor's Story in AC3 is a subversion of the Hero's Journey paradigm. The Ordinary World, Call to Adventure, Meeting the Mentor... but by the time 'the Ordeal' part of the journey gets in, everything just gets absolutely messed up. That's the whole point. Connor doesn't get to save his tribe, Connor doesn't get to abolish slavery, Connor doesn't get to prove his beliefs right to the world or his father, and that's not a lack of conclusion. That's how his story ends.

And, honestly, while I enjoyed ACB from gameplay point of view, if they're going to make another Connor game, it better have an appropriate character arc, because ACB Ezio was extremely stale (ACR Ezio was better in that regard).

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 03:05 AM
I think 'satisfying' in this case doesn't mean 'brings warm and fuzzy feelings to the players' or 'character achieving something'. It means that it's a full character arc with a logical conclusion. That, really, couldn't end any other way.

Connor's Story in AC3 is a subversion of the Hero's Journey paradigm. The Ordinary World, Call to Adventure, Meeting the Mentor... but by the time 'the Ordeal' part of the journey gets in, everything just gets absolutely messed up. That's the whole point. Connor doesn't get to save his tribe, Connor doesn't get to abolish slavery, Connor doesn't get to prove his beliefs right to the world or his father, and that's not a lack of conclusion. That's how his story ends.

And, honestly, while I enjoyed ACB from gameplay point of view, if they're going to make another Connor game, it better have an appropriate character arc, because ACB Ezio was extremely stale (ACR Ezio was better in that regard).
This.

Great points.

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 03:16 AM

Agree with this. Connor's story doesn't have to end on a high note, him saving the colonies, diminishing slavery, rebuilding the Order, becoming more or less a god to the assassins, like Ezio and Altair.
Being the great, tragic hero type Ubi seem to be going with, I don't think Connor's story is the one to end happy with him achieving his goals and dying around his family as an old man, like Ezio.
He was crippled and could barely walk at the end, for all we know, Connor might've died a few years after AC3 because of his wounds and all his traumas. He might have not had a long life like Ezio and Altair. He could've died young. A movie about his death is better than anything.

SixKeys
02-25-2013, 04:26 AM

Well said. Not every story needs a happy ending in order to be conclusive.

Will_Lucky
02-25-2013, 04:41 AM
Hoping to dear god its revealed in the DLC or next game he died in his 20's.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 04:53 AM
Hoping to dear god its revealed in the DLC or next game he died in his 20's.
Can`t say you deserve the crap you`ll get later, but you brought it on yourself...

Will_Lucky
02-25-2013, 05:38 AM
Can`t say you deserve the crap you`ll get later, but you brought it on yourself...

Why not? The man had an incredibly down life, best thing to do now is have him marry Dobby and die on a hunting trip at a young age. Not every assassin needs to live til their 60/80...no no normal man of this era should live to that age. I think connor is the best candidate to die young, end his misery.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 05:46 AM
Why not? The man had an incredibly down life, best thing to do now is have him marry Dobby and die on a hunting trip at a young age. Not every assassin needs to live til their 60/80...no no normal man of this era should live to that age. I think connor is the best candidate to die young, end his misery.
It`s not that I`m objecting to the Idea xD

I think Connor should go down in a blaze of glory protecting his wife and child in his early 30s. Hell, I wouldn't mind...

It`s just some of the fangirls here WILL come after you:p

Will_Lucky
02-25-2013, 05:57 AM
It`s just some of the fangirls here WILL come after you:p

Ahh yes I see the problem you had provided.

Ahem, fangirls if you look to your left you should see an incredibly sexy man...well at least I think he is sexy. He may also be holding an Apple of some sort, not entirely sure how he got it.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 06:07 AM
Ahh yes I see the problem you had provided.

Ahem, fangirls if you look to your left you should see an incredibly sexy man...well at least I think he is sexy. He may also be holding an Apple of some sort, not entirely sure how he got it.
Mate, a banana...I`m holding a banana now...get your facts straight..

Will_Lucky
02-25-2013, 06:13 AM
Mate, a banana...I`m holding a banana now...get your facts straight..

Hmm I see I'm sorry my good man.

I shall be going to bed now...tooo much drink.

BATISTABUS
02-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Whatever Ubisoft decides to do for Connor, they better not give him a Vita game like Bloodlines. A portable is NOT what fans are asking for.

silvermercy
02-25-2013, 09:08 AM
The fan girls WILL come after you! I am watching you people. I am watching you... He dies one day earlier than 90 and I'm posting this thread on Tumblr. :cool:

Wolf-kitten
02-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Oh god! Threaten Ubisoft?! XD
that's crazy!
Reading some points of view about Connor's end here I can agree. No, he doesn't have to have a happy ending like Ezio but it'd make me sad if he didn't. Then again, it'd make the story all the more powerful. He does not have to grow old like to his 60's but I'd prefer him to die for a cause, not because of an infection of a wound or something similar (like mentioned a bit earlier). Connor gave his whole life fighting what he perceives as wrong and of course Connor didn't grow as a brotherhood leader in AC3 (like most people wanted him to) because 1) that was not his intention and 2) There was basically no brotherhood to start working from. Also, not to say Connor is dumb or whatever, Ezio was educated in financing and was more...well...educated. Which gave him more of a foothold in cities and politics.

mashroot
02-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Whatever Ubisoft decides to do for Connor, they better not give him a Vita game like Bloodlines. A portable is NOT what fans are asking for.

A portable wouldn't seem right since AC3 is a console game, so a sequel should of course be on consoles, or at least I hope they give us some kind of closure before they drop the modern story. Desmond was the one who linked to Connor, and there was a specific reason for it, and to bring back Connor with someone else in the Animus would seem forced, and would undoubtedly be criticized for "dragging out" the franchise, but there is a problem, we didn't get a sense of closure at the end of AC3, so if UBI changes it's mind and brings back Connor, then I hope they will also bring back Desmond to stop Juno. Although, I would also really like to see Shaun dial back the animus and get the key to stopping Juno from Eve, or something, or better yet, for the next game to take place during the turn of the 20th century and expand on the story in the comic books. Of course, that would mean no Connor, but if Desmond is gone, then it might be best, at least story wise, if he isn't in the next game.

Wolf-kitten
02-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Although, I would also really like to see Shaun dial back the animus and get the key to stopping Juno from Eve, or something, or better yet, for the next game to take place during the turn of the 20th century and expand on the story in the comic books.

"Shaun's animus adventures"

Shaun:"Finally...my time has come. Historian away!"

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 01:46 PM
It's really starting to hit me only now. They ditched him, they really ditched him after just one game!!!!! :( :mad: :( Fcuk Edward, I want Raton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UrDeviant1
02-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Raton....Raton is dead :'(

Oh wait no he's not. We still have ToKW.

Legendz54
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
It's really starting to hit me only now. They ditched him, they really ditched him after just one game!!!!! :( :mad: :( Fcuk Edward, I want Raton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know its hard for people... especially you since you have his name as your username, but i think we should give Edward a chance and see if we like him.

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Sadly, thats the price we pay for letting fan-following dictate the contents of a game :( I saw this coming as soon as they said they'll decide Connor's future basing on fan reaction. I have accepted the fact that, interesting as he is to me, or fellow fans, he simply doesn't have mass appeal. There's a reason why you almost never see introverted, naive protagonists in almost any medium. You mostly see humourous, violent or cynical protagonists.. because they have mass appeal, sadly.

TheHumanTowel
02-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Sadly, thats the price we pay for letting fan-following dictate the contents of a game :(
Since when have Ubisoft listened to us?

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Since when have Ubisoft listened to us?

Since they ditched Conor :D:(

silvermercy
02-27-2013, 02:00 PM
omg... you're right...

Oh Raton... Raton...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8wvipvX5K1r9qbja.gif

lothario-da-be
02-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Since they ditched Conor :D:(
Pretty much the 1st time the listened, but to the wrong people :(

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 02:01 PM
I'd say if I go by the track record of Ubi for its characters, Edward would be as unique a character compared to the rest as Connor was. I'm looking forward to it. Raton was awesome but no use crying over spilled milk.

UrDeviant1
02-27-2013, 02:03 PM
This game has probably been in the works since before AC3. I doubt they'd ditch Connor because a select few didn't like him. He won awards for christ sake.

silvermercy
02-27-2013, 02:05 PM
I'd say if I go by the track record of Ubi for its characters, Edward would be as unique a character compared to the rest as Connor was. I'm looking forward to it. Raton was awesome but no use crying over spilled milk.
I take back what I wrote in the other thread about not wanting to see Edward get attacked in his home and die. I now want to see his blood spill!!! :mad: If they torture him, too, even better. :cool:

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 02:05 PM
This game has probably been in the works since before AC3. I doubt they'd ditch Connor because a select few didn't like him. He won awards for christ sake.

I hope like hell you're right.... but I've made peace with his (possible) departure. Great characters are not always the most popular ones, and corporates will always side with the popular side.

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 02:07 PM
I take back what I wrote in the other thread about not wanting to see Edward get attacked in his home and die. I now want to see his blood spill!!! If they torture him, too, even better. :mad: :cool:

Because you're favourite character is not in it? Seriously this is no less bad that Ezio fanboys not liking AC3 because Ezio isn't in it.

silvermercy
02-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Ezio fanboys had 3+ full games. We had like... half.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Ezio fanboys had 3+ full games.
Yeah, "quite" a difference compared to not even 1 full game for Raton since Haytham took 1/4

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Yes, that's sad. I personally would have wanted hi to be in Paris for the next AC. But that's no reason to close yourself off all future characters and chant Raton's name all life. He apparently doesn't have the kind of mass following. His time is done, its sad but its true.

silvermercy
02-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Yes, that's sad. I personally would have wanted hi to be in Paris for the next AC. But that's no reason to close yourself off all future characters and chant Raton's name all life. He apparently doesn't have the kind of mass following. His time is done, its sad but its true.
If Connor had 3 games, his fanbase would possibly rival Ezio's, if not more.

My only hope is we may still see him a bit in a future game since we went back in this Kenway timeline.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Whether he has massive following or not doesn't influence in any way what I think about him.

TheHumanTowel
02-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Ezio fanboys had 3+ full games. We had like... half.
Altair only got one game and you didn't see his fans going mad over Ezio or Connor. You really aren't as different from the massive Ezio fanboys as you claim to be.

silvermercy
02-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Altair only got one game and you didn't see his fans going mad over Ezio or Connor. You really aren't as different from the massive Ezio fanboys as you claim to be.
Altair fans did NOT have any expectations to get more than one game. We did though after Ezio's three games.

TheHumanTowel
02-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Altair fans did NOT have any expectations to get more than one game. We did though after Ezio's three games.
Well you were wrong to have those expectations. Connor's character reached a nice logical conclusion point in AC3. I honestly don't see much other things they could do with him.

silvermercy
02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Well you were wrong to have those expectations. Connor's character reached a nice logical conclusion point in AC3. I honestly don't see much other things they could do with him.
Yes, apparently we were. But through no fault of our own.

Ubi had said they would do more Connor based on fans reactions so apparently they had more plans for Connor. His story could continue.

For me Edward is the would-be-Connor if Ubi had listened to us.

UrDeviant1
02-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Yes, apparently we were. But through no fault of our own.

Ubi had said they would do more Connor based on fans reactions so apparently they had more plans for Connor. His story could continue.

For me Edward is the would-be-Connor if Ubi had listened to us.

This could have been in development since before AC3's release. It might even be a spin-off for all we know. No need to go round thinking the worst.

silvermercy
02-27-2013, 02:39 PM
This could have been in development since before AC3's release. It might even be a spin-off for all we know. No need to go round thinking the worst.
I hope you're right...

velluch
02-27-2013, 03:33 PM
I hope you're right...

Well black flags is made by a different studio so it very well could be. I would like to see more Connor just as much as the next guy and who knows, TOKW might give Connor closure since we haven't seen the last 2 episodes.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-27-2013, 03:43 PM
The first time the entire Black Flag thing appeared is when someone said there will be pirate/naval-themed Black Flag DLC for AC3 WITH Raton. Not that the Black Flag rumors becomes real, it also seems clear to me that this wasn't started way before AC3 was released. Looks like Broderhood situation to me, with the difference that they switch characters this time.

lothario-da-be
02-27-2013, 04:21 PM
The first time the entire Black Flag thing appeared is when someone said there will be pirate/naval-themed Black Flag DLC for AC3 WITH Raton. Not that the Black Flag rumors becomes real, it also seems clear to me that this wasn't started way before AC3 was released. Looks like Broderhood situation to me, with the difference that they switch characters this time.
In that situation it could be possible that the maps and new game mechanics are aready in development for some time, but the story not.

BK-110
02-27-2013, 05:27 PM
I really do agree with OP that Connor should get another game. There's much of his life left to explore, and I really feel that he deserves at least one more game, certainly more so than Ezio deserved three. While Ezio was a good character, Connor has the complexity of character that I find Ezio lacked, as quite the stereotypical playboy, the "perfect" hero, that he was. I really hope that Ubisoft doesn't throw out this great character so shortly after he was introduced to us.

Will_Lucky
02-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Well black flags is made by a different studio so it very well could be. I would like to see more Connor just as much as the next guy and who knows, TOKW might give Connor closure since we haven't seen the last 2 episodes.

If anything its pointing towards the Revelations team making Black Flags.

Hell, they may have plans for Connor they may very well release a Vita game this year or next year more likely. Altair got a PSP game which was a direct sequel.

Assassin_Banana
02-27-2013, 08:19 PM
If anything its pointing towards the Revelations team making Black Flags.

Hell, they may have plans for Connor they may very well release a Vita game this year or next year more likely. Altair got a PSP game which was a direct sequel.

No Vita for Connor. Main consoles an PC again!!!

Nightmare8767
02-27-2013, 09:27 PM
I love my Vita... But I love even more my PS3. So yeah lol

DarkVictory23
02-27-2013, 09:37 PM
If Connor's story is done, I say... fine.

To put my cards on the table, I am an Ezio fan and I'm also perfectly ok with a protagonist getting more than one game. Having Ezio get three was awesome to me and seeing Altair again in revelations actually made him a more interesting character then he was left as in the first one. So I have no problem with that.

There are a few reasons I'd be ok with letting Connor's story end, here though.

1.) Connor's story seemed pretty well finished after the first one. His story was never epic like Ezio's was or Atlair's ended up being. This was both a combination of the character's personality and, frankly, some poor writing choices for ACIII which prevented Connor from ever really establishing himself as truly important to the events around him. You spend most of ACIII feeling as though Connor is just a tool different folks use throughout the game to get stuff done.

If it weren't him, some other guy (or girl) could have done it. Connor's story really comes down to his relationship with his dad and the disillusionment of his ignorance to the rest of the world in terms of never being clear good guys or bad guys. This all got wrapped up (well, as best as Ubisoft could do, I suppose) in the story already. His journey pretty much plateaued already. It would have to be a significant change in storytelling and character development, and, frankly, a shoehorned attempt to give Connor some more purpose.

2.) Lack of character development at the end. This is going to be somewhat related to point three, so I'll keep it brief, but Connor isn't significantly different at the end of the game in terms of major personality then he is early in the game. You can't tread new ground with him in a new game because they didn't establish him as someone who is going to do that.

3.) He bored me to tears. This isn't because he was reserved. I like reserved characters. This isn't because he was naive. I don't mind that. The problem is that just because a character has these traits doesn't mean you don't include a little bit of an opening for the player to connect or a moment for you to see where the character is growing. That's just good writing. In real life, we may never get to see beneath the exterior with reserved people in we know or see some sort of change in the ignorant ones we know, but in fiction, you get to be in the character's head, so you should almost ALWAYS get those opportunities, and we didn't get that with Connor.

The only moment we get to connect to Connor is when his mom dies (horrible and sad, and I felt for him), but we never get to see the emotional pain connect to the angry, reserved, and full of himself adult character that we play most of the game as. The adult Connor never has a moment where that wall comes down for the player to connect. We are just supposed to do it on our own, and that simply doesn't work.

And Connor spends the almost the entirety of the game from the moment he leaves his village dishing out criticism and critique (even though we never get the idea that he was a particularly learned member of his tribe) while multiple different characters, from his mentor to his father to the founding fathers to whoever, each try to give him something new... and he never changes. His personality is stagnant. There is no growth here.

People say Ezio didn't deserve three games, and I understand (if vehemently disagree), but you can see Ezio change as a character in all of the games and grow. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't written perfectly, either. Brotherhood seemed more like a really, really awesome DLC extension of II then a stand-alone story, but we get to see Ezio as the role of master assassin, something different then what he was in II, where we saw that this was the next logical step in his development. In Revelations, we see Ezio as a tired warrior, desperately trying to attach meaning to the events that he had found himself kind of just going along with. Again, there were some moments that weren't done great in Revelations, but it was a logical progression and a new stage in the hero's journey.

Connor never got to show the opportunity for that kind of growth. The Ezio of Brotherhood seemed like the logical end result of the Ezio of II. The Ezio of Revelations seemed like a logical next step for the Ezio of Brotherhood. If we were to follow Connor again, he's largely going to be the same.

FirestarLuva
02-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Guys,
Black Flags is said to have a completely new writer, creative director, etc. so it's possible the team that worked on AC3 might be working on another Connor game. BF might have been in development even before AC3 was released and the feedback of Connor is received. At least we're going back in time, meaning we won't get to see the rest of Connor's life in bits and pieces and rushed, so I'm sure the devs didn't lie when they said they'll handle Connor carefully. TOKW is a continuation of his story and so far, even if it's too early to judge, I find it a much better sequel to Connor than ACB was to Ezio.

Gi1t
02-27-2013, 09:51 PM
If we were to follow Connor again, he's largely going to be the same.

Well, that depends on what happens to him. The Prince in Warrior Within was definitely NOT a logical progression of the person he was at the end of Sands of Time, but that happened as the result of unexpected changes in his life that happened in between the two games. If they wanted to add something new to Connor's character, it wouldn't be much trouble to come up with a viable reason for it, either in between the games or early on during the new one.

Wolf-kitten
02-27-2013, 09:53 PM
I liked your arguments DarkVictory. Me, personally, I am just a "general fan". This results in the fact that I tend to "protect" all which then again doesn't imply that anyone who criticizes a certain character prefers that one and all that other stuff we have to say to not get bashed on forums.

I do admit that it seemed like Connor just up and left his people and never looked back, which made me wonder because he's doing it all for his people.
That and the fact that Connor knew who his father was, that Haytham knew he had a son and that the little Assassin group knew the big enemy was "their boss's" father.

Then again, I'd like to see a Connor dealing with the consequences of his actions. He's still young, Ezio was also young when he made his mistakes. Diffirent with Ezio is that he knew the way of the world he was fighting in. The only thing Connor knew about the "new world" he entered was English. This partially explains why he's naive, no one really helped him understand and Achilles was just one man. Ezio had a brotherhood to guide him and to learn from. If Connor had grown up in a city amongst the colonists he might've learned that a stealthy approach is much better whe dealing with politics and whatnot. I believe this is why Haytham was more liked, because he knew what he was doing. Connor still doesn't really know but I feel that in the end all of Achilles's word s finally got to him. That he cannot save everyone and that one "big hero" isn't enough. I'd love to see that Connor. The man who's starting to understand the world beyond the frontier.

DarkVictory23
02-27-2013, 10:19 PM
I liked your arguments DarkVictory. Me, personally, I am just a "general fan". This results in the fact that I tend to "protect" all which then again doesn't imply that anyone who criticizes a certain character prefers that one and all that other stuff we have to say to not get bashed on forums.

I do admit that it seemed like Connor just up and left his people and never looked back, which made me wonder because he's doing it all for his people.
That and the fact that Connor knew who his father was, that Haytham knew he had a son and that the little Assassin group knew the big enemy was "their boss's" father.

Then again, I'd like to see a Connor dealing with the consequences of his actions. He's still young, Ezio was also young when he made his mistakes. Diffirent with Ezio is that he knew the way of the world he was fighting in. The only thing Connor knew about the "new world" he entered was English. This partially explains why he's naive, no one really helped him understand and Achilles was just one man. Ezio had a brotherhood to guide him and to learn from. If Connor had grown up in a city amongst the colonists he might've learned that a stealthy approach is much better whe dealing with politics and whatnot. I believe this is why Haytham was more liked, because he knew what he was doing. Connor still doesn't really know but I feel that in the end all of Achilles's word s finally got to him. That he cannot save everyone and that one "big hero" isn't enough. I'd love to see that Connor. The man who's starting to understand the world beyond the frontier. See, the thing is, Ezio didn't understand the world he was fighting in. He grew up in Florence, yeah, but he grew up the spoiled child of a noble. He didn't know anything about the world of assassins or even the seedy side of renaissance era Italian politics. His world consisted of hitting on women and hanging out with his friends and the occasional scuffle. When his world crashes down around him, he has to learn the new world quickly. And the thing is, we see him learn. Not perfectly, not linearly, but he learns and changes.

Connor... doesn't. I'd love to see a game with a more thoughtful and mature Connor, but there is no hint that that's what he's headed towards. If they do a sequel and that's how he is, it's going to feel awfully forced.

---SPOILER COMING---

I think the main reason I think Connor's story is done and should be done is this: I don't think Connor is an assassin by the end of the game.

Connor, to me, seemed to join the assassins as a means to an end. By the end of the game, I don't think he believed the order (what little of it there was) could any longer provide the end he desired, so he moved on. The ending of ACIII seemed very final in regards to Connor's role, both with the larger meta story (Desmond, Apple of Eden, etc.) but for his own story in terms of the assassins.

Any attempt to keep him out there would feel like they were forcing it to me.

Wolf-kitten
02-27-2013, 10:41 PM
See, the thing is, Ezio didn't understand the world he was fighting in. He grew up in Florence, yeah, but he grew up the spoiled child of a noble. He didn't know anything about the world of assassins or even the seedy side of renaissance era Italian politics. His world consisted of hitting on women and hanging out with his friends and the occasional scuffle. When his world crashes down around him, he has to learn the new world quickly. And the thing is, we see him learn. Not perfectly, not linearly, but he learns and changes.

Connor... doesn't. I'd love to see a game with a more thoughtful and mature Connor, but there is no hint that that's what he's headed towards. If they do a sequel and that's how he is, it's going to feel awfully forced.

---SPOILER COMING---

I think the main reason I think Connor's story is done and should be done is this: I don't think Connor is an assassin by the end of the game.

Connor, to me, seemed to join the assassins as a means to an end. By the end of the game, I don't think he believed the order (what little of it there was) could any longer provide the end he desired, so he moved on. The ending of ACIII seemed very final in regards to Connor's role, both with the larger meta story (Desmond, Apple of Eden, etc.) but for his own story in terms of the assassins.

Any attempt to keep him out there would feel like they were forcing it to me.
*sigh* you're right on those points that it would feel forced. I still think that Ezio ultimately was more "educated" than Connor. I feel conflicted (hence the *sigh*) between seeing Connor's chapter as closed and wanting to see how he grows from here. There's an amazing soliloquy by Connor that wasn't in the main game but is posted on Youtube. I think it's sad it wasn't in the main game because in my opinion it sums up how he feels as an Assassin. Because I agree on the part where you say he wasn't really an Assassin and used it as a means.

I do not know how they could've constructed Connor's story better. If they had left out the parts with Haytham, would it have had the same impact? If they added Connor's training time, would the players've gotten "bored" wanting to rush to the "main campaign"? All things writers themselves can't predict either.

BATISTABUS
02-27-2013, 10:43 PM
1.) Connor's story seemed pretty well finished after the first one. His story was never epic like Ezio's was or Atlair's ended up being. This was both a combination of the character's personality and, frankly, some poor writing choices for ACIII which prevented Connor from ever really establishing himself as truly important to the events around him. You spend most of ACIII feeling as though Connor is just a tool different folks use throughout the game to get stuff done.

2.) Lack of character development at the end. This is going to be somewhat related to point three, so I'll keep it brief, but Connor isn't significantly different at the end of the game in terms of major personality then he is early in the game. You can't tread new ground with him in a new game because they didn't establish him as someone who is going to do that.

3.) The only moment we get to connect to Connor is when his mom dies (horrible and sad, and I felt for him), but we never get to see the emotional pain connect to the angry, reserved, and full of himself adult character that we play most of the game as. The adult Connor never has a moment where that wall comes down for the player to connect. We are just supposed to do it on our own, and that simply doesn't work.

People say Ezio didn't deserve three games, and I understand (if vehemently disagree), but you can see Ezio change as a character in all of the games and grow. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't written perfectly, either. Brotherhood seemed more like a really, really awesome DLC extension of II then a stand-alone story, but we get to see Ezio as the role of master assassin, something different then what he was in II, where we saw that this was the next logical step in his development. In Revelations, we see Ezio as a tired warrior, desperately trying to attach meaning to the events that he had found himself kind of just going along with. Again, there were some moments that weren't done great in Revelations, but it was a logical progression and a new stage in the hero's journey.

Connor never got to show the opportunity for that kind of growth. The Ezio of Brotherhood seemed like the logical end result of the Ezio of II. The Ezio of Revelations seemed like a logical next step for the Ezio of Brotherhood. If we were to follow Connor again, he's largely going to be the same.

Connor's story wasn't epic? He wasn't important to the events going on around him? What? And yes, Connor was largely manipulated, but that's part of the story and meant to demonstrate how imperfect the Sons of Liberty were.

Shouldn't a lack of character development be the perfect reason to have another game? I don't understand how you think this limits his potential. If anything, it makes it greater than Ezio's ever was.

Would you preferred if Connor had just cried the whole time and had been constantly depressed about something that happened in his childhood? Connor is not the type to just mope and deal with his emotions like that. He'd prefer to take action. He brings it up a little bit when talking to Haytham if that means anything to you. There are also more subtle emotional moments conveyed through face-capture.

If Ezio can change in all these wonderful ways, I don't see how Connor should be any different. What was your problem with Revelations? I thought that was Ezio's most interesting arc.

Again, I don't understand this reasoning. There are all these reasons for why Connor should've changed but didn't, so whouldn't another game be a good place to explore those things? You say Ezio's sequels were all natural progressions, but is it really impossible for you to see Connor moving on for this moment? Also, make sure you listen to Connor's "Compromise" monologue.

Then again, I'd like to see a Connor dealing with the consequences of his actions. He's still young, Ezio was also young when he made his mistakes. Diffirent with Ezio is that he knew the way of the world he was fighting in. The only thing Connor knew about the "new world" he entered was English. This partially explains why he's naive, no one really helped him understand and Achilles was just one man. Ezio had a brotherhood to guide him and to learn from. If Connor had grown up in a city amongst the colonists he might've learned that a stealthy approach is much better whe dealing with politics and whatnot. I believe this is why Haytham was more liked, because he knew what he was doing. Connor still doesn't really know but I feel that in the end all of Achilles's word s finally got to him. That he cannot save everyone and that one "big hero" isn't enough. I'd love to see that Connor. The man who's starting to understand the world beyond the frontier.
Connor didn't really up and leave his people. He was dealing with Revolutionary matters and assassinating Lee, and when he got back, they had all been kicked out. Everything he did he did for them, so it would be extremely out of character for him to just ignore them in another game.

Yes, these are good points. Achilles tried to crush his world view, but if anything, that just made it stronger. It'd be cool to see Connor's unbreakable will tested in another game, especially if he gets more involved in political and social matters.

Will_Lucky
02-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Guys,
Black Flags is said to have a completely new writer, creative director, etc. so it's possible the team that worked on AC3 might be working on another Connor game.

Increasingly doubtful. They released a survey which specifically asked if people wanted Connor in a game like they did with AC3 and Revelations before it. Someone must have gone horrid with that and the general fan reaction for them to backtrack (Its not a survey they just want fan reaction) on the original premise of it and using Edward Kenway instead.

Odds are they wanted to do a sequel, Ubisoft saw the fan reaction and decided another Connor game wouldn't generate as much profit as another title could do and ditched him. The best to hope now as far as I'm concerned is TOWK reveals something about the real timeline regarding Connor that ends the debate, he gets a Vita game, or he gets a Revelation outing.

DarkVictory23
02-27-2013, 10:49 PM
I do not know how they could've constructed Connor's story better. If they had left out the parts with Haytham, would it have had the same impact? If they added Connor's training time, would the players've gotten "bored" wanting to rush to the "main campaign"? All things writers themselves can't predict either. There were a couple of things I think they could have/should have done.

First, have some moments where you feel like Connor is learning. He goes to Achilles for guidance, but spends just as much time arguing with him as listening to him, and he never, ever seems to have a moment where he goes 'Aw, man, I should have just listened to him'.

Second, they needed more assassins. I get that the order wasn't super strong in the Americas, but in trying to keep the game play of the previous two games (where you are playing as a master assassin), they give you way too much with Connor that he hasn't earned yet. Ezio gets help from assassins all along the way and slowly, through each part of the series, takes on more and more leadership roles.

Connor pays for a ship and becomes a naval captain at the drop of a hat. He runs the homestead with almost no input from Achilles. Connor is given the same status as Ezio in Revelations for gameplay purposes but doesn't have the narrative behind it to make it feel real. Sure, he has the colonial characters he runs into to provide some level of guidance, but nobody from the assassin's to give him guidance in the order.

Having another assassin show up mid-story could have changed everything.

Will_Lucky
02-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Second, they needed more assassins. I get that the order wasn't super strong in the Americas, but in trying to keep the game play of the previous two games (where you are playing as a master assassin), they give you way too much with Connor that he hasn't earned yet. Ezio gets help from assassins all along the way and slowly, through each part of the series, takes on more and more leadership roles.

Through Liberating the cities Connor did expand the presence of the Order in the Americas. Connor in his own right is probably the effective Grand Master in America out of sheer experience and the leadership he has provided through the Homestead and Liberation of Boston/New York.

DarkVictory23
02-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Connor's story wasn't epic? He wasn't important to the events going on around him? What? And yes, Connor was largely manipulated, but that's part of the story and meant to demonstrate how imperfect the Sons of Liberty were.

Shouldn't a lack of character development be the perfect reason to have another game? I don't understand how you think this limits his potential. If anything, it makes it greater than Ezio's ever was. Was Connor's story epic like Ezio's or Altair's ended up? No, clearly not. If that confuses you, I don't know what to say. And no, he wasn't as clearly important as Altair and Ezio were to the events going on around him. It's not just that Connor was manipulated, it's that you play through the whole game feeling like you are just doing errands. It's irritating.

Also, no, a second game isn't warranted just to add character growth that never happened in the first game. You do a second game because the growth of the character through the previous game calls for a second. Ezio started becoming a master assassin by the end of II, not in Brotherhood. Playing that role makes sense because it came about from the events of the first game.

Would you preferred if Connor had just cried the whole time and had been constantly depressed about something that happened in his childhood? Connor is not the type to just mope and deal with his emotions like that. He'd prefer to take action. He brings it up a little bit when talking to Haytham if that means anything to you. There are also more subtle emotional moments conveyed through face-capture. Yeah, that's exactly what I said... wait, no it wasn't. I said you need little moments to connect with him. He doesn't need to cry and mope, he needs to have moments of connectedness that open him up to the player who is supposedly living as him. He can be reserved and quiet, fine, but if he never gives you the opening to get in, you don't. The moments with Haytham are the closest we get.

If Ezio can change in all these wonderful ways, I don't see how Connor should be any different. What was your problem with Revelations? I thought that was Ezio's most interesting arc. I liked Revelations, but they wrote Ezio as the visiting master assassin poorly. For gameplay purposes, you obviously need to learn new stuff, but when Yusuf says 'Hey, who's teaching who here?' you feel like 'yeah, what the heck does Ezio have to offer these guys?'

Also, Ezio makes questionable moral decisions throughout the game (fine with that part), but they just sort of lie there. A couple people call him out in the moment, but then everyone moves on as if nothing happens after it's over, including Ezio and the people who called him out. Also, the call to arms after Yusuf is found dead was weak.

Again, I don't understand this reasoning. There are all these reasons for why Connor should've changed but didn't, so whouldn't another game be a good place to explore those things? You say Ezio's sequels were all natural progressions, but is it really impossible for you to see Connor moving on for this moment? Also, make sure you listen to Connor's "Compromise" monologue. No, they could obviously write Connor 'moving on' in any way they want. The problem is that his natural progression is to not be an assassin anymore. By the end of the game, Connor seems to have moved on from being an assassin, so why shouldn't the games move on as well?

Xstantin
I wish they removed the recruits all together for ACIII. Connor was still pretty young in the game to be convincing as the person who is in control of the Brotherhood: they could leave the side missions as the tasks given to you by Achilles to help the new recruits/vigilantes or something along the lines. Achilles was reluctant to train Connor at first, but then all of a sudden you get to be in charge of the Brotherhood.

BATISTABUS
There were a couple of things I think they could have/should have done.

First, have some moments where you feel like Connor is learning. He goes to Achilles for guidance, but spends just as much time arguing with him as listening to him, and he never, ever seems to have a moment where he goes 'Aw, man, I should have just listened to him'.

Connor pays for a ship and becomes a naval captain at the drop of a hat. He runs the homestead with almost no input from Achilles. Connor is given the same status as Ezio in Revelations for gameplay purposes but doesn't have the narrative behind it to make it feel real. Sure, he has the colonial characters he runs into to provide some level of guidance, but nobody from the assassin's to give him guidance in the order.

Having another assassin show up mid-story could have changed everything.
Connor has an "Oh, ****. I should've listened to him" moment.
http://youtu.be/8KDwIwoZWk8
Connor appologizes to Achilles and they both admit that they were wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B8ywnVJrRA

I agree that the feeling of the larger brotherhood was missed, but that'd be a perfect premise for the next game, no?

Connor was given the ship by Achilles. He was trained by Faulconer, and had some natural talent. Connor running the homestead was a responsibility given to him by Achilles. All of these things were done to prepare Connor for the leadership Achilles knew he wouldn't be capable of one day. He wanted to build Connor up as someone independent with a large range of skills, which is why he even left Connor in Boston early on so he had to figure out how to get back on his own. Obviously they're not going to take the time to explain every step of the process, but I don't think any of this was lacking narrative.

BATISTABUS
02-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Was Connor's story epic like Ezio's or Altair's ended up? No, clearly not. If that confuses you, I don't know what to say. And no, he wasn't as clearly important as Altair and Ezio were to the events going on around him. It's not just that Connor was manipulated, it's that you play through the whole game feeling like you are just doing errands. It's irritating.

Also, no, a second game isn't warranted just to add character growth that never happened in the first game. You do a second game because the growth of the character through the previous game calls for a second. Ezio started becoming a master assassin by the end of II, not in Brotherhood. Playing that role makes sense because it came about from the events of the first game.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said... wait, no it wasn't. I said you need little moments to connect with him. He doesn't need to cry and mope, he needs to have moments of connectedness that open him up to the player who is supposedly living as him. He can be reserved and quiet, fine, but if he never gives you the opening to get in, you don't. The moments with Haytham are the closest we get.

I liked Revelations, but they wrote Ezio as the visiting master assassin poorly. For gameplay purposes, you obviously need to learn new stuff, but when Yusuf says 'Hey, who's teaching who here?' you feel like 'yeah, what the heck does Ezio have to offer these guys?'
Also, Ezio makes questionable moral decisions throughout the game (fine with that part), but they just sort of lie there. A couple people call him out in the moment, but then everyone moves on as if nothing happens after it's over, including Ezio and the people who called him out. Also, the call to arms after Yusuf is found dead was weak.

No, they could obviously write Connor 'moving on' in any way they want. The problem is that his natural progression is to not be an assassin anymore. By the end of the game, Connor seems to have moved on from being an assassin, so why shouldn't the games move on as well?
It was epic. If anything, Connor had more of an impact on his environment than Ezio and Altair. Ezio and Altair had profound impacts on the Brotherhood, but most else was unaffected. Altair didn't end the crusades. Ezio didn't end papal influence (although he did lessen it). Connor saved Washington, held off the British ships in the battle that changed the course of the war, and "delivered victories" in a number of battles. I wasn't irritated by this manipulation, I was intrigued. Hell, in Red Dead Redemption, John Marston is manipulated even worse than Connor, and that's one of the best video game stories of all time.

While the game doesn't emphasize it, Connor is one of the few full-fledged Assassins in America. He definitely has a duty to the Creed and his people, so I don't know how that's any different than what happened to Ezio.

And the Haytham moments were fantastic. I never felt like the game lacked personal moments. When Connor is unhappy, he lets the person he's talking to know about it.

There were a lot of things that the Turkish Assassins did differently. It's more of an "old dog, new tricks" situation rather than "how the hell don't you know this?" Ezio makes questionable decisions because he's old and doesn't give a **** anymore. He feels like he's dedicated enough of his life to others, so if he has to do a few selfish things to find peace, he'll let it slide. I thought the call to arms was fine.

Again, I direct you to Connor's compromise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

Wolf-kitten
02-27-2013, 11:13 PM
All arguments aside. I like that we're having a civilised conversation...on the internet of all places :)

Wolf-kitten
02-27-2013, 11:20 PM
If it helps "steer" the conversation I believe all have their good and bad points about Connor's story. It's not THE MOST EPIC STORY EVER and it's not the WORST story ever. Then again, that spans for a many stories. We can't change people's opinions about anything...well...you can. But I don't believe you can do that completely so no point in having a "word war".
What I do enjoy is going deeper into the story with both good and bad arguments. And I'm happy I read all well constructed arguments here.

Wolfmeister1010
02-27-2013, 11:30 PM
fkc ubisoft. I dont want connors granddaddy. i want connor!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU DITCH HM JUST BECAUSE SOME EZIO FANATICS DONT LIKE HIM

BATISTABUS
02-27-2013, 11:33 PM
fkc ubisoft. I dont want connors granddaddy. i want connor!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU DITCH HM JUST BECAUSE SOME EZIO FANATICS DONT LIKE HIM
Take it easy haha there's still a chance for another Connor game. Ubisoft is aware of his fanbase, and they have multiple teams working on different games at once. For all we know, Hutchinson's team could be at work on a Connor sequel right now.

If it helps "steer" the conversation I believe all have their good and bad points about Connor's story. It's not THE MOST EPIC STORY EVER and it's not the WORST story ever. Then again, that spans for a many stories. We can't change people's opinions about anything...well...you can. But I don't believe you can do that completely so no point in having a "word war".
What I do enjoy is going deeper into the story with both good and bad arguments. And I'm happy I read all well constructed arguments here.
I like your attitude. :p

Will_Lucky
02-27-2013, 11:38 PM

Ezio fanatics? Try most people who bought the game.

dxsxhxcx
02-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Take it easy haha there's still a chance for another Connor game. Ubisoft is aware of his fanbase, and they have multiple teams working on different games at once. For all we know, Hutchinson's team could be at work on a Connor sequel right now.

Altair's fanbase says hi... lol

IMO if this year game is indeed a numbered game I highly doubt we'll have another game with Connor as protagonist

FirestarLuva
02-27-2013, 11:55 PM

IMO if this year game is indeed a numbered game I highly doubt we'll have another game with Connor as protagonist

Actually, nor Hutchinson nor Corey and Matt are working on Black Flags, and both writers have mentioned they both personally want to see Connor go other places. Kinda strange, Corey always does the numbered games' storyline. So, it's possible they're working on another Connor game. Alex promised they'll thread carefully with Connor. We have TOKW for this year, maybe 2014 will be another Connor game.

BATISTABUS
02-28-2013, 12:00 AM

Altair did get pretty screwed. He technically did get a sequel, but it was a crappy PSP game. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake with Connor. Altair had a bit of redemption in Revelations.

Try most people who bought the game.
If by most people you mean the very vocal minority, particularly on this forum, then yes.

silvermercy
02-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Ezio fanatics? Try most people who bought the game.
Actually... I have found that's not even close to the truth. Rabid Ezio fans are just... LOUDER...

(The one thing that a lot of people complained about was the glitches and some game mechanics, all unrelated to Connor).

Wolf-kitten
02-28-2013, 12:38 AM
The rabid Ezio fans are indeed louder xD
I do hope another Connor game is in the making, he doesn't have to be an amazing mentor like Ezio became. He can be his lone wolf self just spreading the Assassin word.

Will_Lucky
02-28-2013, 01:39 AM
If by most people you mean the very vocal minority, particularly on this forum, then yes.

No you'll find it was most people, the majority of critics when it came to reviewing AC3 went after Connor and how much of a poor character he was in general. The average user if they have one comment to make about AC3 is usually a comment on how boring Connor is.

If Ubisoft turned Black Flags, originally a Connor title into something else then they must have really been worried by the general disdain for the character shown by the audience.

Assassin_M
02-28-2013, 02:44 AM
No you'll find it was most people, the majority of critics when it came to reviewing AC3 went after Connor and how much of a poor character he was in general. The average user if they have one comment to make about AC3 is usually a comment on how boring Connor is.

If Ubisoft turned Black Flags, originally a Connor title into something else then they must have really been worried by the general disdain for the character shown by the audience.
You mean the character that won 3 character of the year awards ? OK cool

Will_Lucky
02-28-2013, 03:06 AM
You mean the character that won 3 character of the year awards ? OK cool

If they were User Voted, sure I have a problem with that. One fanbase merely has to spread the word and its a done deal.

But considering the quality of characters on show in gaming in 2012 and the fact Connor beat them, then I call Bull. Connor isn't a great character, especially in comparison to the other characters of 2012 gaming.

Assassin_M
02-28-2013, 03:08 AM
If they were User Voted, sure I have a problem with that. One fanbase merely has to spread the word and its a done deal.

But considering the quality of characters on show in gaming in 2012 and the fact Connor beat them, then I call Bull. Connor isn't a great character, especially in comparison to the other characters of 2012 gaming.
one of those was user voted yeah..

call bull all you want xD what you say only represents your opinion, at the end of the day, he`s an award winning creation...

Megas_Doux
02-28-2013, 05:09 AM
To me:

1 Connor/Altair
2 Ezio

Better characters, only less "charming", so to speak....

Assassin_Banana
02-28-2013, 05:58 AM
Ezio is a pansy :3

Assassin_M
02-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Ohp. careful now. someone may call you narrow minded and stupid:rolleyes:

I know I`v called that..

Assassin_Banana
02-28-2013, 06:00 AM
Ohp. careful now. someone may call you narrow minded and stupid:rolleyes:

I know I`v called that..

I will LOL at them if they do :P

Assassin_M
02-28-2013, 06:01 AM
I will LOL at them if they do :P
Oh trust me, I loled too :P

I-Like-Pie45
02-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Does Ezio like spaghetti?

Assassin_Banana
02-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Oh trust me, I loled too :P

Ezio remains a pansy whatever people says.

Ezio is a pansy because Haytham says so....see image below

Assassin_M
02-28-2013, 06:03 AM
Does Ezio like spaghetti?
No, he likes pie

Will_Lucky
02-28-2013, 06:14 AM

They've all done some ballsy things to be honest.

Altair at god knows what age decided screw it, I'm taking back Masyaf.

Ezio blew up an entire ****ing city to get at one man...

Connor went through thousands of men armed with Muskets to get a single man as well.

Assassin_Banana
02-28-2013, 06:33 AM
They've all done some ballsy things to be honest.

Altair at god knows what age decided screw it, I'm taking back Masyaf.

Ezio blew up an entire ****ing city to get at one man...

Connor went through thousands of men armed with Muskets to get a single man as well.

The only one with the assassin skills to be manly enough is Haytham :P and he is not even an Assassin...see image below :3

Will_Lucky
02-28-2013, 06:50 AM
The only one with the assassin skills to be manly enough is Haytham :P and he is not even an Assassin...see image below :3

Well he is awesome.

Assassin_Banana
02-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Well he is awesome.

http://johnnytlad.deviantart.com/art/Haytham-Kenway-346953077

RinoTheBouncer
02-28-2013, 07:32 AM

I agree.

I enjoyed ACIII. It was a good game despite a lot of plot holes and the disappointing ending of Desmond and the lame optional objectives. Anyway, It was an enjoyable game all in all and I think in the future there will be more Altair, Ezio and Connor games. I'm also sure that this isn't the last time we see Aveline as well. On the other hand, I guess any additional Connor adventure will feel forced unlike AC:B which was a necessary continuation to ACII and AC:R which was totally epic and more than necessary to continue the Desmond story that ended with the AC:B cliffhanger.

Assassin_M
02-28-2013, 07:38 AM
I guess any additional Connor adventure will feel forced unlike AC:B which was a necessary continuation to ACII and AC:R which was totally epic and more than necessary to continue the Desmond story that ended with the AC:B cliffhanger.
Double standards:rolleyes:

pirate1802
02-28-2013, 07:45 AM
ACB felt forced too :| There was no need for Ezio to go to Rome but suddenly the writers invented one in ACB.

I'd say if they adjusted ACB into AC2 or its DLCs and went to Revelations straight it would have been perfect.

Ontopic, I'd say I'm sad that they are not doing any more Connor games but I'd not let this sadness ruin future ACs or AC characters for me. Who knows maybe Edward will turn out to be an even greater character. Lets approach it with a fresh viewpoint rather than painted all over by Connor sadness.

ZeldaEmblem
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Just a dumb question: did Ubisoft officially ditch Connor?? They haven't said a word about him lately and that really saddens me :((
I think I won't live any longer if they don't make a new game with him :(

Assassin_Banana
02-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Just a dumb question: did Ubisoft officially ditch Connor?? They haven't said a word about him lately and that really saddens me :((
I think I won't live any longer if they don't make a new game with him :(

Please don't die :'( there still hope for Connor. Many people will support another game with him.

I like your profile picture by the way ;)

I-Like-Pie45
02-28-2013, 04:19 PM
The leaked Black Flags info seems to be exactly like the rumors that were posted when it was an AC3 rumored DLC with Connor...

right down to the tagline "Survival is the only thing worth dying for" and the main character being pursued by the British Royal Navy.

I don't want to think that Ubi reskinned a Connor sequel with Ed Kenway to appease Ezio fanboys and Haytham fangirls but you never know...

c_macca_98_
02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
I would personally love to see connor return but maybe as a mentor and have a new protagnagist who is taught by connor and the new game could explain throgh cut scenes to show what happen to connor after the events of AC3...that would be very nice:rolleyes:

UncappedWheel82
02-28-2013, 06:01 PM
I agree with the post. It's a shame that Connor will not be remembered as the character he was/is, but as a part of one of the buggiest games of 2012. Ubisoft is seemingly trying its best to sprint past AC3 to start anew with AC4.

Assassin_Banana
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
I bet Edward will be another Ezio clone. He is a pirate after all, and married 2 times. And he is blonde, maybe a dumb one :P

Great Kenway family all original characters except of Edward if he is an Ezio clone:

Edward the Pirate womanizer without manners and whatever :3 bet he is extroverted cocky character. :P (only a guess ok? Don't start *****ing)

Haytham the snobbish Brit with sarcastic attitude and a Templar he is the extroverted villain XD

Connor the idealist and naive hero type with a moralistic personality and introverted dude

If you place this 3 guys together they wouldn't get along and stead they will start to argue :3

RatonhnhakeFan
02-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Connor the naive hero type with a moralistic personality and introverted dude
Too complex for majority of gaming dudebros.

Assassin_Banana
02-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Too complex for majority of gaming dudebros.

Dudebros can't get past the woo-oo some didn't even make it to the first base. They need to imagine the can be like any Ezio. To bad Ezio only attract guys in real life. :3

silvermercy
02-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Dudebros can't get past the woo-oo some didn't even make it to the first base. They need to imagine the can be like any Ezio. To bad Ezio only attract guys in real life. :3
ahahaha! I know! And Connor has a gazillion fangirls! I can 100% confirm that since I'm one of them. :p

UrDeviant1
02-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Go to sleep Connor, we'll wake you when it's over....

http://i.imgur.com/tyl8FTs.gif

csd1995
03-02-2013, 06:21 AM
i couldnt agree with you more... i really wish ubisoft would read what you have jus written.. you have put to paper what was floating my head ever since i finished the game 2 weeks later after its release. I am so disappointed that they are abandoning him officially. I cannot get my mind to wrap around it, i feel for todays natives and i love them even though im not one, they deserve to get connor back and so do other nationalities. I really admire what youve just written and it speaks with such fluidity. Pls try to get your message to ubisoft pls!!.. i literally make myself argue with all of Connors haters, not because im fangirling or whatever, its because i think of him as a friend and a real human character that i will defend, possibly till my last breath. I fight for him because i have to and want to as his true admirer. But pls dnt give up on writing these kind of messages, we should all make a petition for Connor. I find him so relatable and knowing that ppl diss him a lot makes me feel like theyre dissing me...so yes, bring connor back and give him a chance

shobhit7777777
03-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Don't write him off just yet. At least wait for confirmation.

hellomrdarcy
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I personally think Connor deserves a new game with all my heart. And to see how many people suddenly woken up, and almost declaring war for Connors sake is... fascinating and heartwarming to watch.

It's almost like he's becoming an... icon or something. Okay, it sound like I'm making him jesus or something but no, hear me out; even if he won't get another game, he will always be remembered just because of this, maybe even more remembered if he wont get another game. He will simply be remembered as "that one" - that third who made some of the fans go crazy - assassin who only got one game, and this will shape the fandom forever, because there's so many different opinions on Connor, it's almost becoming two "teams" inside the fandom (and that's kind of sad). And the fact that he's the first native-american (non-caucasian) assassin in the series makes the whole thing even more intense...

montagemik
03-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Don't write him off just yet. At least wait for confirmation.

I Haven't written Connor off , And i've no intention of doing so .

I have a little faith that AC3 Connor , The TOKW DLC & AC IV Black Flag Are or will be all connected somehow .

JUNO to Connor in the Amulet cutscene = " Do as we ask - then you may do as you wish " & "You have made a difference & you will do again"

Connor speaking to Faulkner about his grandfather in TOKW DLC . = "That is a story for another time ,Mr faulkner"

I'm hoping this could be the reason Black flag is the first numbered AC game that also has a SUB title ..................... All part of Connor's story in the end.

FirestarLuva
03-02-2013, 10:41 PM
I Haven't written Connor off , And i've no intention of doing so .

I have a little faith that AC3 Connor , The TOKW DLC & AC IV Black Flag Are or will be all connected somehow .

JUNO to Connor in the Amulet cutscene = " Do as we ask - then you may do as you wish " & "You have made a difference & you will do again"

Connor speaking to Faulkner about his grandfather in TOKW DLC . = "That is a story for another time ,Mr faulkner"

I'm hoping this could be the reason Black flag is the first numbered AC game that also has a SUB title ..................... All part of Connor's story in the end.

I hope you're right.
Wonder if it'll be a trilogy or duology? If so will Connor star in the second and third game or will the final one be his son/daughter as the main character?
Personally, I hope it will be a duology, no need to stretch Connor's story into multiple games.

Assassin_Banana
03-02-2013, 10:56 PM
i couldnt agree with you more... i really wish ubisoft would read what you have jus written.. you have put to paper what was floating my head ever since i finished the game 2 weeks later after its release. I am so disappointed that they are abandoning him officially. I cannot get my mind to wrap around it, i feel for todays natives and i love them even though im not one, they deserve to get connor back and so do other nationalities. I really admire what youve just written and it speaks with such fluidity. Pls try to get your message to ubisoft pls!!.. i literally make myself argue with all of Connors haters, not because im fangirling or whatever, its because i think of him as a friend and a real human character that i will defend, possibly till my last breath. I fight for him because i have to and want to as his true admirer. But pls dnt give up on writing these kind of messages, we should all make a petition for Connor. I find him so relatable and knowing that ppl diss him a lot makes me feel like theyre dissing me...so yes, bring connor back and give him a chance

Don't feel that way girl!!! Connor is foremost and anything a fictional character, i love him too, and i do have indian blood. But that's not a reason to feel bad for others dismissing him, people is just people and well, the problem is that companies only care about profits, and thats perfectly normal. Connor character has made a lot of impact in the game industry, despite everything he remains unique and a step foward in videogames, but unfortunately and like any company the employees in there depends a lot on the economy of this world. If they change him for a more profitable character, is a decision made by people who perhaps is doing whats best for the company. Don't take Connor dismiss too personal. Ubisoft has made a lot of things that i haven't seen in other game companies and thats why a like Assassin's Creed series very much. They already have given us Aveline, Altair, Connor and Ezio is Italian. So, they are very open in the diversity background of their characters. Edward well, he is another white hero a out there but that dosen't mean he has no right to exist. All of Assassin's Creed characters are the art of their creators and artists have the right to express themselves :3

ApexMandalorian
03-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Haven't been on here since AC3 came out. But I got one thing to say. or 2.

1) I highly suspect that this is the scenario with Black Flag. It was intended as an intermediary game between AC3 and a Connor sequel game, hence the very soon announcement. However, I think that Ubisoft saw the mixed reaction to Connor and decided to make Black Flag AC4:Black Flag instead of AC:Black Flag.

2) While my problem with Connor is that he didn't learn from his mistakes/stop being naiive by the end of the game, I believe Ubisoft should have taken him through the French Revolution to sort of move back to Europe and the pivotal events during that time, also using the French Revolution as a backdrop to mature Connor and provide opportunity for him to really grow as a real Assassin (and not a character struggling to find his identity). After doing 3 games of Connor they could have moved to Edward Kenway, after next-gen consoles had been out for 2 years and the engine could probably see improvement. I think Edward will be a good character, but I just think it's too soon for an AC4.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Haven't been on here since AC3 came out. But I got one thing to say. or 2.

1)It was intended as an intermediary game between AC3 and a Connor sequel game, hence the very soon announcement. However, I think that Ubisoft saw the mixed reaction to Connor and decided to make Black Flag AC4:Black Flag instead of AC:Black Flag.

Impossible...

Not in 4 months....It is not possible...think how you like...What you think is silly and ridiculous. Edward was planned all along...

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Almost certainly, i imagine THIS is the reason for Naval gameplay in AC3, they made it for this, and then decided to add it to AC3.

Or maybe not, w/e.

I'm tired.

jenyto
03-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Connor lost the recent poll on which assassin was the favorite :C

shobhit7777777
03-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Impossible...

Not in 4 months....It is not possible...think how you like...What you think is silly and ridiculous. Edward was planned all along...

I would agree with this assessment

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 09:13 AM
And also guys, doesn't changing main character from Connor to Edward would mean changing pretty much the whole, story, side characters, main characters, facial animations, dialogs everything? Pretty much redesign the game?

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 09:42 AM
And also guys, doesn't changing main character from Connor to Edward would mean changing pretty much the whole, story, side characters, main characters, facial animations, dialogs everything? Pretty much redesign the game?
Voice Acting, Script, Historical accuracy, Artwork, Models, Characters, Story, Events, Files, Code and Motion capture..

People are so out of touch, not that this is a bad thing, with what goes in the industry. What`s bad is silly and ridiculous assumptions a friend in the cafeteria probably told you about...

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Where are all these Ezio fanboys I keep hearing about? All I see are Connor FBs.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Where are all these Ezio fanboys I keep hearing about? All I see are Connor FBs.
There`s one ^

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 10:18 AM
There`s one ^

Heh, I haven't even played any AC game except for AC3. All I'm saying is a see a lot of circle-jerking here on how much of the victims you guys are, and how Ezio fanboys suck, and OMIGOD CONNOR IS SOOOOO PERFECT(as a character). I'm sure Ezio FB's are just as annoying, but stop acting like your any different.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Heh, I haven't even played any AC game except for AC3. All I'm saying is a see a lot of circle-jerking here on how much of the victims you guys are, and how Ezio fanboys suck, and OMIGOD CONNOR IS SOOOOO PERFECT(as a character). I'm sure Ezio FB's are just as annoying, but stop acting like your any different.
Hmm ? Would you tell that to the Ezio fanboys too ?? I`d appreciate it greatly..

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Hmm ? Would you tell that to the Ezio fanboys too ?? I`d appreciate it greatly..

Like I said, I fail to see any.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Like I said, I fail to see any.
Then why did you say you`re sure they`re just as annoying since you fail to see any ?

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Connor lost the recent poll on which assassin was the favorite :C
Yes, AC facebook wall right now is full of happy Ezio fanboys. You could think they want to marry Ezio. lol They're even posting <3 symbols! LMAO!
Honestly, Ezio won because he had 3 games. His story was also told better since it was longer while charming characters like Haytham didn't rob him of even more precious time. Other people there had the same thoughts so I'm glad people recognise that at least.

Also, I noticed the timing of the poll announcement. Same day as Edward trailer comes out. They're probably trying to tell us something about Edward's likeness to Ezio I guess...

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Then why did you say you`re sure they`re just as annoying since you fail to see any ?

Because I'm sure they act like a lot of the people on this thread do.

And as a rule of thumb Fanboys = annoying.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Because I'm sure they act like a lot of the people on this thread do.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread badmouthing Ezio the way Ezio fans badmouth Connor...

or maybe I have, but I forgot...still...Everyone here just expressed a like of Connor, while most Ezio fans express a like for Ezio AND bring down Connor..

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 10:50 AM
I haven't seen anyone in this thread badmouthing Ezio the way Ezio fans badmouth Connor...

or maybe I have, but I forgot...still...Everyone here just expressed a like of Connor, while most Ezio fans express a like for Ezio AND bring down Connor..

*sigh*

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 10:51 AM
*sigh*
Your breath smells...

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Your breath smells...

It always does that when I have Italian. :D

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Lmao xD

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 10:59 AM
If anyone still wonders that Ubisoft is not going the womaniser/playboy route. Please listen to the words in the in the trailer. Please don't tell me nobody caught the double meaning of the words "cracks" and "crevices"! LOL They are mentioned while Edward walks away from those women in the bed... I think Edward is clearly confirmed as a ladies' men in the trailer itself. :p

every crack and crevice on the island... lol

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Someone just beat me to it actually on tumblr! lol

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e7aa0973779aef1f5876eaecdf9ca61b/tumblr_mj2vzhVxIW1qb776ro1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/075726405fee626187c8c41f756b352b/tumblr_mj2vzhVxIW1qb776ro2_500.gif

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:04 AM
If anyone still wonders that Ubisoft is not going the womaniser/playboy route. Please listen to the words in the in the trailer. Please don't tell me nobody caught the double meaning of the words "cracks" and "crevices"! LOL They are mentioned while Edward walks away from those women in the bed... I think Edward is clearly confirmed as a ladies' men in the trailer itself. :p

every crack and crevice on the island... lol

inĚnuĚenĚdo
/ˌinyo͞oˈendō/
Noun
An allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one: "innuendo, gossip, and half-truths".
Synonyms
insinuation - hint - allusion

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:04 AM
I`m going with this..

Crack being the African female and crevice being the White female...

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:05 AM
I`m going with this..

Crack being the African female and crevice being the White female...

I feel like thats somehow racist....

silvermercy
03-03-2013, 11:06 AM
inĚnuĚenĚdo
/ˌinyo͞oˈendō/
Noun
An allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one: "innuendo, gossip, and half-truths".
Synonyms
insinuation - hint - allusion
Oh yeah!!

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:09 AM
It is...

I hate humans

AdamXEve
03-03-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm laughing so hard right now. Yes, this horrible, undeveloped character being tossed away is the WORST thing to happen to Native Americans. Ever. Oh wait, did we forget about Andrew Jackson? Opps.

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:12 AM
It is...

I hate humans

Humans can get very bothersome. Like, the other day I walked up to one and said, "Can I borrow one of your kidneys for an experiment?"

He just rolled his eyes and said,"Well, of course you can, just take it out now!"

So I did.

And THEN he had the NERVE to be all "I was just joking!" and "OMIGOD HE TORE OUT MY KIDNEY! BLARGHBLAGHBLARGH!!!!"

The. NERVE.

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm laughing so hard right now. Yes, this horrible, undeveloped character being tossed away is the WORST thing to happen to Native Americans. Ever. Oh wait, did we forget about Andrew Jackson? Opps.

I think you forgot about literally all Native American history.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Humans can get very bothersome. Like, the other day I walked up to one and said, "Can I borrow one of your kidneys for an experiment?"

He just rolled his eyes and said,"Well, of course you can, just take it out now!"

So I did.

And THEN he had the NERVE to be all "I was just joking!" and "OMIGOD HE TORE OUT MY KIDNEY! BLARGHBLAGHBLARGH!!!!"

The. NERVE.
Such overrated beings...

AdamXEve
03-03-2013, 11:14 AM

It so is racist....

If you're a hypersensitive, paranoid duck.

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:16 AM
It so is racist....

If you're a hypersensitive, paranoid duck.

Did you just call me a duck?

The. NERVE.

AdamXEve
03-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Yes I did. Are you going to call that racist, too? It takes pretty much the same mental gymnastics to reach that conclusion.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Did you just call me a duck?

The. NERVE.
I`m a cucumber...

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Yes I did. Are you going to call that racsit, too? It takes pretty much the same mental gymnastics to reach that conclusion.
You`re a carrot

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:20 AM
You`re a carrot

No, he's a papaya. Nobody likes them.

While your a delicious cucumber(with a wicked soul).

AdamXEve
03-03-2013, 11:20 AM
*comment removed*

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:21 AM
No, he's a papaya. Nobody likes them.

While your a delicious cucumber(with a wicked soul).
Ha haaaaaa.... Cucumbers can be used for other things as well...

If you catch ma meaning

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 11:22 AM
*comment removed*

Aw. My. Gawd!

*runs around like a headless chicken*

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=AdamXEve;8953116]*comment removed*[QUOTE]

Nope, I'm not from Niger, but nice guess.

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 11:23 AM

If you catch ma meaning

:eek: naughty dad.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:23 AM
*comment removed*
http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54/ifraaan/Gif/1078584-ovation.gif

AdamXEve
03-03-2013, 11:25 AM
http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54/ifraaan/Gif/1078584-ovation.gif

http://i.qkme.me/3s1sey.jpg

Eternal Reward
03-03-2013, 11:27 AM

If you catch ma meaning

Why, yes I believe they can be used as a form of toothpaste as well as used on salads!

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:28 AM
:eek: naughty dad.
I was talking about tooth paste...you dirty minded little boya...

Your brother knows it well..

Why, yes I believe they can be used as a form of toothpaste as well as used on salads!

See ??

Also...YOU`RE GROUNDED

AdamXEve
03-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I thought you meant you were going to prolapse each other's *******s with the cucumber. Silly me.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
I thought you meant you were going to prolapse each other's *******s with the cucumber. Silly me.
You`re grounded too, Mr..

Go to your cage

Phalanx585
03-03-2013, 12:10 PM
We don't know if Connor is done yet. Considering the great and unexpected way they started AC3, I'm not ruling anything out. While I liked Connor, I do feel like his story is not as lengthy as Ezio's. Connor's bloodline is still interesting though. We still don't know why Haytham became a Templar, so maybe this will shed some light on that.

Assassin_M
03-03-2013, 12:12 PM
We still don't know why Haytham became a Templar, so maybe this will shed some light on that.
We do know...those of us that read the Novel anyway xD

hellomrdarcy
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
You're a ******.

Dude, not cool.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2013, 07:47 PM
You're a ******.

I, i never knew. oh my god...

pirate1802
03-03-2013, 07:49 PM
I, i never knew. oh my god...

My reaction exactly.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
03-03-2013, 07:58 PM
OK guys, enough of the racist and sexist remarks, back on topic please.

montagemik
03-03-2013, 08:25 PM

Perhaps you mean Under Developed character - Not Undeveloped . (bit of a difference)
Demographic Simplistic character stereotypes like Ezio are much easier to read for a wider audience than other character types .

Maybe the Doctor could enlighten you a little. & i wonder which character you preffered :rolleyes:

Assassin_Banana
03-03-2013, 08:55 PM

No, as it is the imature sexist hero archetype that it is imposed to the rest of males :3. Connor is a step foward in changing that archetype, as does Aveline for girls and black people.

Anyway i hope, to see more new protagonists with diversity ;). Connor is just one of many, and im really looking foward a black assassin. Maybe they should expand Aveline too :D