PDA

View Full Version : Another game with Connor or not ?

diaboslb7
02-24-2013, 01:27 AM
hello guys.

I wonder if you would like to have another assassin `s creed game with Connor as the main character or not.

Say what you think.

BATISTABUS
02-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Let's just say this; I had no desire for another Ezio game after AC2. I REALLY want another Connor game after AC3.

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 02:17 AM
Well Ubisoft confirmed that the next game won't have Connor but there's no reason to say he wont be back, although it'd be kinda stupid to bring in a new guy then go back to Connor.

silvermercy
02-24-2013, 02:20 AM
Oh yes! I want more Connor!
It's AC4 that won't feature Connor, but I hope there's some kind of AC 3.1 title for him before that.

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Oh yes! I want more Connor!
It's AC4 that won't feature Connor, but I hope there's some kind of AC 3.1 title for him before that.I don't think so as the reports said that the next AC game would feature a new hero and time period.

silvermercy
02-24-2013, 02:35 AM
I don't think so as the reports said that the next AC game would feature a new hero and time period.
The next numbered game.

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 02:47 AM
The next numbered game.http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/next-assassins-creed-has-new-hero-time-period-developer.

rupok2
02-24-2013, 02:55 AM
well i hope they do. Connors character hasn't been fleshed out. At the end of ac3 is where his true journey begins because he stopped looking at the world through the eyes of a child. After he finds out that his work didn't change much, there are still people being oppressed (slaves), native americans were thrown out of teir land, etc. Ac3's journey was connor being moved by the hands of a puppeter (juno). I want another game where connor does thing without any background strings secretly guiding him for selfish purposes.

I want connor to become the most iconic assassin yet, changing the creed maybe as much as altair did to suit the modern world.

ZeldaEmblem
02-24-2013, 06:06 AM
Totally. I would love to see Connor again. He's by far my most favorite assassin.

Assassin_M
02-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Let's just say this; I had no desire for another Ezio game after AC2. I REALLY want another Connor game after AC3.
This

silvermercy
02-24-2013, 11:23 AM
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/next-assassins-creed-has-new-hero-time-period-developer.
Yes, I know that article. I've already read that before. My previous answer is still the same.

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes, I know that article. I've already read that before. My previous answer is still the same.The word AC4 is not used, the word next is however.

silvermercy
02-24-2013, 11:29 AM
The word AC4 is not used, the word next is however.
And I've read many other articles with the world "numbered" in it.

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 11:31 AM
And I've read many other articles with the world "numbered" in it.There have probably some with the word dog in it, the point is Connor will not be in the next Assassins Creed game.

silvermercy
02-24-2013, 11:37 AM
There have probably some with the word dog in it, the point is Connor will not be in the next Assassins Creed game.
In the next numbered AC game! Seriously, are we going to repeat ourselves all the time!? LOL Look at the sticky threads. There was already a huge discussion about the numbered title. Unless all the people there trying to calm down the angry Connor fans were actually lying to us.

And we'll know next week anyway!

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 11:41 AM
In the next numbered AC game! Seriously, are we going to repeat ourselves all the time!? LOL Look at the sticky threads. There was already a huge discussion about the numbered title. Unless all the people there trying to calm down the angry Connor fans were actually lying to us.

And we'll know next week anyway!As much as I love Connor he won't be in the next AC.

silvermercy
02-24-2013, 11:49 AM
As much as I love Connor he won't be in the next AC.
Last week, Connor's voice actor and even an AC maker dropped some hints about more Connor in the future.

And if he's not, we all know who to blame: whiny rabid Ezio fans (never Altair ones) who hijack every single thread or you Tube video with:
- bring back Ezio!!- Ezio was so much better!! - Ac2 was the best game evaaarrrr... - seriously bring playboy Ezio back whaa whaaa

The satisfying thing is Ezio's not coming back either! ahaha!

The jury's still out with Connor though.

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Last week, Connor's voice actor and even an AC maker dropped some hints about more Connor in the future.

And if he's not, we all know who to blame: whiny rabid Ezio fans (never Altair ones) who hijack every single thread or you Tube video with:
- bring back Ezio!!- Ezio was so much better!! - Ac2 was the best game evaaarrrr... - seriously bring playboy Ezio back whaa whaaa

The satisfying thing is Ezio's not coming back either! ahaha!

The jury's still out with Connor though.The worst part about the obsessive Ezio fans is that they have caused some people to resent Ezio not for what he did but because some of his fan base are annoying idiots. Though he's still my favourite.

silvermercy
02-24-2013, 11:59 AM
The worst part about the obsessive Ezio fans is that they have caused some people to resent Ezio not for what he did but because some of his fan base are annoying idiots. Though he's still my favourite.
I think you're right about this. They have created a division in the fandom. I'm not talking about normal Ezio fans but the ones who jump at every opportunity to diss Connor for no good reason. I used to like Ezio a lot but those fans have made me seriously resent him.

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 12:04 PM
I think you're right about this. They have created a division in the fandom. I'm not talking about normal Ezio fans but the ones who jump at every opportunity to diss Connor for no good reason. I used to like Ezio a lot but those fans have made me seriously resent him.Hah I know man just look at M he seems to despise Ezio hahaha.

Assassin_M
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Hah I know man just look at M he seems to despise Ezio hahaha.
I only liked him in ACR...

MadJC1986
02-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Same here. I mean....playa assassin?!

AjinkyaParuleka
02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
For all of you Ezio fanbois.Ezio's dead,don't ask another game of him.
WTB moar Rahtonhake:ton!

diaboslb7
02-24-2013, 01:41 PM
I also wish there was another game with Connor being the main character but wish it was already the next but apparently that will not happen, well, I think ubisoft can not leave this way Connor.

MasterSimaYi
02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
For all of you Ezio fanbois.Ezio's dead,don't ask another game of him.
WTB moar Rahtonhake:ton!

Connor is dead too. :)

And I would prefer it if they stick to having a new ancestor and unique setting for each game, than make us pay an additional 60 euros to get the rest of the story. I loved AC3's story and I really want to see it wrapped up, but they don't have to do that through yet another game. I did not care much for the cities and the Frontier and I'd rather not see another game make use of these or similar settings just for the sake of continuing Connor's story, though they were enjoyable from time to time. A novel or comic book series would do fine for me to see the rest of Connor's story completed.

And we'll know next week anyway!

The article does not say "next numbered AC game", just "next AC game". There is no 'rule' that demands that only numerical titles can have new ancestors. One person said that each numerical title willl have a new ancestor, and I think that was Patrice Désilets back in 2009/2010. And that statement is not applicable to this case; each numerical game may introduce a new ancestor, but that does not mean that new ancestors will only appear in numerical titles.

Say hi to Aveline.

Sushiglutton
02-24-2013, 02:01 PM
If they can fix the gameplay and design missions to take advantage of it I would be fine playing as Dennis Rodman in a game set in Antarctica 1985.

SixKeys
02-24-2013, 02:47 PM
After AC2 I wasn't expecting another Ezio game and would have been perfectly content had they immediately moved on to a new ancestor. I feel the same way about Connor. His story was already concluded in a satisfactory way in AC3, let's not drag things out again. There's no need for the devs to cover every single aspect of his life, which is what they did with Ezio (which ultimately made him wear off his welcome).

rupok2
02-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Ezio is one of the most iconic characters but the idiot fanboys don't understand that he wasn't the only character. These guys are just casuals who picked up the game one time and not true fans like a lot of people on this forum.

TheHumanTowel
02-24-2013, 05:17 PM
I'd only be okay with a new Connor game if they had a good story to tell and a reason to return to his character. Connor had a pretty satisfying and complete character arc in AC3, I don't see much other places you could take his character. I got tired of Ezio because it was obvious Ubi weren't putting him as the protagonist again because it was important to the story they were just doing it because he was a popular character.

Wolf-kitten
02-24-2013, 05:43 PM
I'd very much like a new game with Connor. The DLC is nice and gives a good twist to the possibilities of an Assassin but overall I'd prefer a follow-up to the AC3 storyline.
I get pretty sad when people make shallow dislike comments about the game like "we did not like his hair at the end"(which I see...A LOT) but I'm always up for good grounded comments. Being an avid Ezio fan myself I was surprised to see myself liking Connor so much since their personalities are quite different. To me, Connor became this guy that at the end I just want to give a big hug. I understand his intent and the way he is, it just takes time to dig into.
The feeling I got from AC3 was that there was more "truth" in it, not that it wasn't present in the previous games but AC3 made me think about certain topics the same way AC1 did. What I think the majority of the community is dealing with is that we've had Ezio for so long that it's difficult to adjust to a "diffirent kind of" Assassin.

Perk89
02-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Hope so. Think we do at some point.

lothario-da-be
02-24-2013, 06:45 PM
I feel like ac3 was just the prologue of Connor's life. It would be a shame if they don't continue it.

Wolf-kitten
02-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Agreed

xboxauditore
02-24-2013, 07:30 PM
If they don't, It'll be like CoD: Modern Warfare 3 in real life.

FirestarLuva
02-24-2013, 09:51 PM
The worst part about the obsessive Ezio fans is that they have caused some people to resent Ezio not for what he did but because some of his fan base are annoying idiots.

I'm glad I was not the one that felt this way. Ezio may have a big fanbase, but also one of the worst and divided fanbases ever. So far, I've only got the impression that his fanbase is nothing but fanboys. I hope they realise how annoying they are. What's worse, when you ask them why they like Ezio, the only thing they say is 'he's hot, he's a playboy, he's italian'. Trust me, I have an Ezio fanboys in my school so I'm quite familiar with this.
How come Altair fans don't whine 'bring Altair back'? And he only got one game (not counting Revelations). Honestly, if Altair fans can go five years and beyond without a new game with him, so can Ezio's fans. Deal with it. Ezio is done and Altair's done as well. Connor, we have yet to see.

Gi1t
02-24-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm glad I was not the one that felt this way. Ezio may have a big fanbase, but also one of the worst and divided fanbases ever. So far, I've only got the impression that his fanbase is nothing but fanboys. I hope they realise how annoying they are. What's worse, when you ask them why they like Ezio, the only thing they say is 'he's hot, he's a playboy, he's italian'. Trust me, I have an Ezio fanboys in my school so I'm quite familiar with this.
How come Altair fans don't whine 'bring Altair back'? And he only got one game (not counting Revelations). Honestly, if Altair fans can go five years and beyond without a new game with him, so can Ezio's fans. Deal with it. Ezio is done and Altair's done as well. Connor, we have yet to see.

No, his fans aren't all fanboys. I like Ezio, I just don't hate every single character who's not like him or whine ceaselessly about him not continuing to be the dominant character in every single game. (I think they should have just skipped straight to 3 after AC2). Ezio is a nice blend of somewhat sophisitcated and cultured, yet street savvy and smart***. As the game goes on, his shortcomings are filled in by training and experience, so he becomes even easier to appreciate as a hero. He's capable of being cool under pressure and also very passionate. It's really not about whether or not a character is good, but how well they're used in the story. They showed many different sides of Ezio; you get a good idea of what he's like, and you don't have to personally like a character for them to be great. I probably wouldn't care for Ezio much in person, but I still enjoy playing as him.

BoeserBengel83
02-25-2013, 12:21 AM
I don't need a new game with Connor. I prefer much more (3 or 4) sequences or a lot of side missions for the main game. After the death of Charles Lee he should rebuild the Brotherhood, training recruits, doing a lot of assassination missions against Patriots and Redcoats, liberating a few new forts, attacking convois with his recruits, off course everything should be more detailed, since these new missions are now missions for sequences and no (simple) side missions. 1 sequence should/could be played in the Davenport Homestead, defending their home(town) against blue and redcoats.

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 12:53 AM
No, his fans aren't all fanboys. I like Ezio, I just don't hate every single character who's not like him or whine ceaselessly about him not continuing to be the dominant character in every single game. (I think they should have just skipped straight to 3 after AC2). Ezio is a nice blend of somewhat sophisitcated and cultured, yet street savvy and smart***. As the game goes on, his shortcomings are filled in by training and experience, so he becomes even easier to appreciate as a hero. He's capable of being cool under pressure and also very passionate. It's really not about whether or not a character is good, but how well they're used in the story. They showed many different sides of Ezio; you get a good idea of what he's like, and you don't have to personally like a character for them to be great. I probably wouldn't care for Ezio much in person, but I still enjoy playing as him.

I agree with what you said about Ezio.
And I'm not saying every single one of his fans are fanboys, there are very few of them who are very polite and actually have real reasons for liking Ezio, not the ones I mentioned above. Those fans, they have my respect, but in reality, the majority really are fanboys. Sad. Ezio doesn't deserve those kind of fans, they sure butcher his character up badly. :/

Gi1t
02-25-2013, 01:40 AM
I agree with what you said about Ezio.
And I'm not saying every single one of his fans are fanboys, there are very few of them who are very polite and actually have real reasons for liking Ezio, not the ones I mentioned above. Those fans, they have my respect, but in reality, the majority really are fanboys. Sad. Ezio doesn't deserve those kind of fans, they sure butcher his character up badly. :/

I suppose it's the curse of every popular character to get saddled with a lot of obnoxious fans who only make other people hate them out of spite. XD Many such fans seem to have vastly different visions of what that character is like too.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Am I the only who actually never warmed to Ezio from the start ? Like...I didn't need any fanboys to make me hate him....I always thought he was flat

kriegerdesgottes
02-25-2013, 01:45 AM
I would like to see at least one more. I'm really surprised they are changing everything for the next game but I assume it's because they were working on it for a while already so I could see Connor reappearing after the next game. I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't do more than one more though. I'd like to see him get a little older, mature a little, find a wife, and explore life as an assassin a little more. Only one Connor game would be a shame.

BoeserBengel83
02-25-2013, 01:56 AM
Am I the only who actually never warmed to Ezio from the start ? Like...I didn't need any fanboys to make me hate him....I always thought he was flat

Well, i only liked him at the end of AC2 (mostly the DLC missions), i hated him in the first part of the game. Never liked these kind of guys (playboys). The beginning of Brotherhood was also a pain in the ***. Thank god niccolò machiavelli supported him in the game. In ACR he was solid.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 01:59 AM
Well, i only liked him at the end of AC2 (mostly the DLC missions), i hated him in the first part of the game. Never liked these kind of guys (playboys). The beginning of Brotherhood was also a pain in the ***. Thank god niccolò machiavelli supported him in the game.
Well Yeah that`s the thing. The amount of time he was actually likeable in AC II was the final sequence...

I only really started to like him in ACR. I dunno....He actually showed character and progression in ACR...

DisbandedBox359
02-25-2013, 02:07 AM
I don't think so as the reports said that the next AC game would feature a new hero and time period.

could be the new hero is the new modern day character

silvermercy
02-25-2013, 02:13 AM
could be the new hero is the new modern day character
Yeap... The new Desmond.

BoeserBengel83
02-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Well Yeah that`s the thing. The amount of time he was actually likeable in AC II was the final sequence...

I only really started to like him in ACR. I dunno....He actually showed character and progression in ACR...

Hi.

I would have prefered the Revelations game as a 2 or 3 part (sequences) DLC for Brotherhood. ACR has a good story but i really feels strechted at some points, this doesn't helped Ezios Character in my opinion, like i said, solid.

This is the reason why i would like to see more DLCs for the AC3 game, a second game for Connor could already be to much, to forced, why a second game when he has done his duty? what could we expect? For the rebuilding of the Assassin Brotherhood in America or the fight against a few bad boys in the "new world" we don't need a whole game.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:19 AM
Hi.

I would have prefered the Revelations game as a 2 or 3 part (sequences) DLC for Brotherhood. ACR has a good story but i really feels strechted at some points, this doesn't helped Ezios Character in my opinion, like i said, solid.

This is the reason why i would like to see more DLCs for the AC3 game, a second game for Connor could already be to much, to forced, why a second game when he has done his duty? what could we expect? For the rebuilding of the Assassin Brotherhood in America or the fight against a few bad boys in the "new world" we don't need a whole game.
I would`v preferred Revelations AND Brotherhood as one single game.

It wouldn't be too bad having BIG DLCs to continue and conclude Connor`s story.

Tyranny seems to be doing that at the moment..

And I actually don't mind never getting another Connor game..I enjoyed the 20 hours I spent with Connor. If that`s all I`ll get then so be it...

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 02:24 AM

And I actually don't mind never getting another Connor game..I enjoyed the 20 hours I spent with Connor. If that`s all I`ll get then so be it...

Wouldn't mind either. After all, all good things should come to an end, too much would be an insult. But it's kinda unfair to see Connor's end in a DLC while we saw Altair and Ezio's in a main game.

BoeserBengel83
02-25-2013, 02:26 AM

One big game....wet dreams.....oh wait....

They should have "linked" the King Washington DLC like they did it with the Benedict Arnold missions. I wish i could use my the Kidd Sword or the obwandiyags club.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Wouldn't mind either. After all, all good things should come to an end, too much would be an insult. But it's kinda unfair to see Connor's end in a DLC while we saw Altair and Ezio's in a main game.
We did see Connor`s "End" in a main game...His end doesn't have to be his death...

and honestly, did you ever think they`d bring Altair back ?:p

One big game....wet dreams.....oh wait....

They should have "linked" the King Washington DLC like they did it with the Benedict Arnold missions. I wish i could use my the Kidd Sword or the obwandiyags club.
Indeed xD
I don't mind it not being linked with the main game. at least it`s canon...

BoeserBengel83
02-25-2013, 02:30 AM

As long as they keep the story interesting i wouldn't care if it's DLC. I would buy it. Better have good DLCs then a bad or average main game.

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 02:39 AM
As long as they keep the story interesting i wouldn't care if it's DLC. I would buy it. Better have good DLCs then a bad or average main game.

Agree.
Was I the only one that found the Tyranny a much better sequel to Connor, than Brotherhood was to Ezio?
Critics love it, fans love it, around 8 hours long, more or less a full game, in some way. Plus, it fleshes out Connor's character more and shows the character development he had at the end of AC3 which was overlooked by many fans.
I also love how the creative director wanted to show a whole new dynamic of his character, his native side while giving more and more depth to him. And best of all, everyone seems to like Connor after this DLC which I guess is a good thing; if a character gets better with every next game he has that means the devs are doing it right, and I'm glad they are not ruining Connor, unlike Ezio who seemed to become dull more and more in Brotherhood. Revelations...should've had a different character or maybe even a DLC.

BoeserBengel83
02-25-2013, 02:44 AM
Agree.
Was I the only one that found the Tyranny a much better sequel to Connor, than Brotherhood was to Ezio?
Critics love it, fans love it, around 8 hours long, more or less a full game, in some way. Plus, it fleshes out Connor's character more and shows the character development he had at the end of AC3 which was overlooked by many fans.
I also love how the creative director wanted to show a whole new dynamic of his character, his native side while giving more and more depth to him. And best of all, everyone seems to like Connor after this DLC which I guess is a good thing; if a character gets better with every next game he has that means the devs are doing it right, and I'm glad they are not ruining Connor, unlike Ezio who seemed to become dull more and more in Brotherhood. Revelations...should've had a different character or maybe even a DLC.

Well, it is definitely to early to compare the Washington story and Brotherhood, let's wait another 2 months.

Btw.: is the DLC really CANON? I don't read that much because i try to avoid spoilers.

FirestarLuva
02-25-2013, 02:49 AM
Well, it is definitely to early to compare the Washington story and Brotherhood, let's wait another 2 months.

Btw.: is the DLC really CANON? I don't read that much because i try to avoid spoilers.

Yes it is. The creative director said it is part of Connor's life experience so this may influence Connor's future in some way, his decisions, views, etc.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 02:50 AM

Without spoiling anything, Yes it is Canon..

Connor is Connor and everything in AC III happened. Tyranny is basically a continuation of Connor`s story...

Ubisoft scrambled during the marketing campaign. Saying first it was non canon, then alternate timeline, then dream, but they finally confirmed that it`s canon and the DLC itself tells you so..

BoeserBengel83
02-25-2013, 02:58 AM
Thanks guys.

When it is canon....then they should plan more than the current 3 DLCs, mabye side missions or other sequences, giving us more changes to use his new abilities for a longer amount of time.

I really hope they plan a replay option for the new game with the chance to use all the things from the previous playthrough, like in Batman Arkham City.

Assassin_M
02-25-2013, 03:06 AM
Thanks guys.

When it is canon....then they should plan more than the current 3 DLCs, mabye side missions or other sequences, giving us more changes to use his new abilities for a longer amount of time.

I really hope they plan a replay option for the new game with the chance to use all the things from the previous playthrough, like in Batman Arkham City.
They had talks about new game+ in AC III. Alex Hutchinson was pushing for it, but it never came to be. Maybe this time...Lets hope

True_Assassin92
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm actually confused in what canon really means? Is it a continuation of Connor's story? If then how can it be canon if these things, Washington wasn't really a tyrant/king, never happened?

Has ubisoft lost their ways of true history telling? :p

Megas_Doux
02-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Agree.

This!!!!

ReverseDoddo
02-25-2013, 06:43 PM
dont think so becuse her in forum some say ac 3 is the best but in real out there many says that they hate ac 3. thats way they have new dev and new hero for ac4..

Locopells
02-25-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm actually confused in what canon really means? Is it a continuation of Connor's story? If then how can it be canon if these things, Washington wasn't really a tyrant/king, never happened?

Has ubisoft lost their ways of true history telling? :p

Yes it's canon to Connor's story, but not to history. SPOILER. It's fairly obvious from the clues we've been given that Washington finds an Apple and ends up talking to Connor about it. It then shows Connor what history will be like if Washington uses it, and I'm guessing we'll drop back into that moment at the end of the third part.

poptartz20
02-25-2013, 08:04 PM
I personally would love to see just one more Connor game! I think that it would be great but not overkill! I feel that there is more to explore with his struggles. Even if he doesn't get another game I would like for him to have a strong finish. Showing why he truly is a force to recon with and that he does belong in the series! There is alot of hate out there for Connor but it's all good! I personally love AC3! (putting all flaws aside for now) One of the best ones yet! Bring it ubisoft!

POP1Fan
02-25-2013, 09:39 PM
I like Ezio more than Connor. He is my favorite Assassin.
I think Connor is the better character.

:cool:

BATISTABUS
02-25-2013, 11:38 PM
SPOILER. It's fairly obvious from the clues we've been given that Washington finds an Apple and ends up talking to Connor about it. It then shows Connor what history will be like if Washington uses it, and I'm guessing we'll drop back into that moment at the end of the third part.
Maybe, but even if that did happen, Connor still wouldn't have super powers.

itsamea-mario
02-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Connor is the greatest character in fiction since Jesus Christ and is sex god holy ships abs fudge yes,

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 05:22 AM
Yes it's canon to Connor's story, but not to history. SPOILER. It's fairly obvious from the clues we've been given that Washington finds an Apple and ends up talking to Connor about it. It then shows Connor what history will be like if Washington uses it, and I'm guessing we'll drop back into that moment at the end of the third part.

No, this can't be right. It would only be showing how future events would change based on Washington's use of the Apple. We've seen something similar happen before, when Ezio's Apple showed him that Cesare would break free and flee to Spain. But if the Apple was simply showing Connor an alternate future, it wouldn't erase events that had already happened decades before Washington even knew about the POE (i.e. Ziio dying in the village fire and Connor becoming an Assassin), nor would it grant him magical superpowers.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 05:27 AM
No, this can't be right. It would only be showing how future events would change based on Washington's use of the Apple. We've seen something similar happen before, when Ezio's Apple showed him that Cesare would break free and flee to Spain. But if the Apple was simply showing Connor an alternate future, it wouldn't erase events that had already happened decades before Washington even knew about the POE (i.e. Ziio dying in the village fire and Connor becoming an Assassin), nor would it grant him magical superpowers.
Because you know everything about the Apple...:rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 05:39 AM
Because you know everything about the Apple...:rolleyes:

Well, based on the way it's been presented in previous games, I think I know enough about it to say that. Like the example I gave with Ezio; it just displayed a threat that would arise unless Ezio intervened. It didn't fling him into a parallel universe where Giovanni never died and he suddenly gains superpowers to battle a tyrannical POE-fueled version of Lorenzo de Medici.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 05:43 AM
Well, based on the way it's been presented in previous games, I think I know enough about it to say that. Like the example I gave with Ezio; it just displayed a threat that would arise unless Ezio intervened. It didn't fling him into a parallel universe where Giovanni never died and he suddenly gains superpowers to battle a tyrannical POE-fueled version of Lorenzo de Medici.
And the games showed us EVERYTHING the Apple can do ?http://d2lts3fool6jg1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Smiley-YahooRaisedEyebrow.gif

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 05:56 AM
And the games showed us EVERYTHING the Apple can do ?http://d2lts3fool6jg1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Smiley-YahooRaisedEyebrow.gif

Surely not. But if Locopells is right and it's just showing Connor that Washington can't be trusted with the Apple, then it's serving the exact same purpose that it did with Ezio when it warned him about Cesare. It only took like three seconds for Ezio's Apple to show him the threat; why in the world would it send Connor on an interdimensional head trip just to say "Don't let Washington get a POE?"

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 05:59 AM
Surely not. But if Locopells is right and it's just showing Connor that Washington can't be trusted with the Apple, then it's serving the exact same purpose that it did with Ezio when it warned him about Cesare. It only took like three seconds for Ezio's Apple to show him the threat; why in the world would it send Connor on an interdimensional head trip just to say "Don't let Washington get a POE?"
What you say is a fair point, but just for the sake of argument..

To Ezio, Cesare was always crazy and MAY escape, So all he needed was confirmation. Maybe the Apple knows it would take far more than a 3 second vision to convince Connor ?

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 06:10 AM
What you say is a fair point, but just for the sake of argument..

To Ezio, Cesare was always crazy and MAY escape, So all he needed was confirmation. Maybe the Apple knows it would take far more than a 3 second vision to convince Connor ?

In that case, I can see why it might show him a little more of Evil Washington if he still trusted him in the canon world, but I still don't see a reason why it would change the past. I mean, if the Apple was determined to prove to Connor that Washington would be corrupted, why would it simultaneously show him things he KNEW were impossible? It would undermine the message the Apple was trying to send. "Hey Connor, I'm going to show you an evil version of Washington, but also your dead mom fighting him." How would he know it wasn't all just a hallucination or a mistake if parts of the vision contradicted things he knew for a fact were real?

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 06:15 AM
In that case, I can see why it might show him a little more of Evil Washington if he still trusted him in the canon world, but I still don't see a reason why it would change the past. I mean, if the Apple was determined to prove to Connor that Washington would be corrupted, why would it simultaneously show him things he KNEW were impossible? It would undermine the message the Apple was trying to send. "Hey Connor, I'm going to show you an evil version of Washington, but also your dead mom fighting him." How would he know it wasn't all just a hallucination or a mistake if parts of the vision contradicted things he knew for a fact were real?
What is the thing that motivated Connor ? That makes him SO DAMM ANGRY all the time ? Charles Lee killing his mother (When he`s still under that impression)

What would make Connor SO MUCH MORE angrier and determined to stop Washington from getting the Apple ? Making him witness his mother`s death at the hands of Washington, a formerly trusted friend and ally. Half of that event is probably real anyway. you know...Washington burning, killing natives. What would that accomplish ? Well for one, more motivation to stop Washington and witness something that he had ACTUALLY done. And 2, maybe the Apple is trying to say "See what he did ? He`ll do worse" using Connor`s mother as an example, because it`s something very dear to the guy..

This is all just part of advancing an argument, don't take this as me stating facts xD

Will_Lucky
02-26-2013, 06:31 AM
There is just one minor problem with this entire track of thought. Washington actually does acquire a Apple in the OTL nevertheless.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 06:33 AM
There is just one minor problem with this entire track of thought. Washington actually does acquire a Apple in the OTL nevertheless.
Why is that a Problem ?

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
What is the thing that motivated Connor ? That makes him SO DAMM ANGRY all the time ? Charles Lee killing his mother (When he`s still under that impression)

What would make Connor SO MUCH MORE angrier and determined to stop Washington from getting the Apple ? Making him witness his mother`s death at the hands of Washington, a formerly trusted friend and ally. Half of that event is probably real anyway. you know...Washington burning, killing natives. What would that accomplish ? Well for one, more motivation to stop Washington and witness something that he had ACTUALLY done. And 2, maybe the Apple is trying to say "See what he did ? He`ll do worse" using Connor`s mother as an example, because it`s something very dear to the guy..

This is all just part of advancing an argument, don't take this as me stating facts xD

Yeah, I could see why the Apple would kill off his mother again just for emotional impact, but it's not just her; they've made a very specific point of showing us that other events that were relatively insignificant to Connor (i.e. Benedict Arnold's betrayal of West Point) never happened. I don't see why the Apple would erase stuff like that from the history of this alternate world, since Connor only saw Arnold for like 20 minutes in his life. Nor do I see the reasoning for giving him random animal powers if the intention was just to convince him that Washington couldn't be trusted with the Apple.

k4Anarky2011
02-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Connor was a wonderful character full of heart; milking him like Ezio would only taint his image.

Connor will be my favorite assassin ever for the rest of the series, because I can immediately connect with his "humanness". Altair's story was like learning about the Order's history and its purpose; while Ezio's early story was like a Renaissance romance fairy tale, and hell, I love it. Good conclusion for the Ezio's story; and I could completely and totally understand the need to expand the game into 3 parts (sarcasm intended? Hardly ;)

It would be a crime to milk Connor. Just let his story ended the way Connor's life is: sad, unfufilling, and pretty ****ing confusing.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Connor was a wonderful character full of heart; milking him like Ezio would only taint his image.

Connor will be my favorite assassin ever for the rest of the series, because I can immediately connect with his "humanness". Altair's story was like learning about the Order's history and its purpose; while Ezio's early story was like a Renaissance romance fairy tale, and hell, I love it. Good conclusion for the Ezio's story; and I could completely and totally understand the need to expand the game into 3 parts (sarcasm intended? Hardly ;)

It would be a crime to milk Connor. Just let his story ended the way Connor's life is: sad, unfulfilling, and pretty ****ing confusing.

Nah, he needs SOME kind of closure. Not necessarily a full game of his own, but at least a DLC, novel, or short film. Leaving him hanging at only 26 years old would suck.

k4Anarky2011
02-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Nah, he needs SOME kind of closure. Not necessarily a full game of his own, but at least a DLC, novel, or short film. Leaving him hanging at only 26 years old would suck.
Not for Connor. There aren't happy endings in life. I think I can see where Ubi intended to go with Connor (if it was really their intention all along)

I love him. Like I said above I was for real when I said he could very well be my most favorite assassin of all the assassins that have been and will be. This is why I don't want to see him getting milked. His story and life is rich in heart, tragic and wonderful, just as it is.

Though, the only fitting ending I could think for him is sacrificing himself to save some blind ideal. Ah, Ratonhnhake:ton... Always the idealist and eternal optimist, even to the death.

But what I would like to see is more Haytham. His death was kinda sucks... eventhough it was totally the point! :P

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Not for Connor. There aren't happy endings in life. I think I can see where Ubi intended to go with Connor (if it was really their intention all along)

I love him. Like I said above I was for real when I said he could very well be my most favorite assassin of all the assassins that have been and will be. This is why I don't want to see him getting milked. His story and life is rich in heart, tragic and wonderful, just as it is.

Though, the only fitting ending I could think for him is sacrificing himself to save some blind ideal. Ah, Ratonhnhake:ton... Always the idealist and eternal optimist, even to the death.

But what I would like to see is more Haytham. His death was kinda sucks... eventhough it was totally the point! :P

I never said he had to have a happy ending (and indeed, given his heritage in that time period, a happy ending would be unlikely) but they do need to continue on with him in one form or another. To be honest, I see the ending of AC3 as TOO happy for his character. Sure, he's melancholy after all that's transpired, but he's still a successful Assassin in his prime with a whole town full of friends. It sounds cruel, but I want to see him lose that. Connor is a tragic figure by nature; abandoning him at 25 (I miscalculated his age in the previous post) with his life still relatively intact feels wrong.

RinoTheBouncer
02-26-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't have a problem with Connor, I have problem with the setting. I don't like the cities of Boston and New York in that time period. I loved the jungles and I'd totally love it if Connor was somebody who lived in the time of TWCB and hid in the jungles outside of Eden and he pops into Eden every once in a while to do his "missions". Connor himself is a very good character even though my favorite remains Ezio but he's absolutely great but the time period he's in is just not interesting for me.

I love the ToKW DLC Connor and the locations so far but it's just that the cities in the times of Ezio were much bigger and artistic, on the other hand, Altair was in very old cities and they also had their beauty. Maybe It's because I don't really like any movies about UK, France, USA from the period between 1700-1950.