PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 is worst in series

Exithole
02-23-2013, 08:11 PM
I am absolutely compelled to write this, as Assassins Creed 3 is and awful awful game to play. It's really frustrating as I love the assassins creed series, but I just don't think i can bring myself to actually finish the story mode

The combat system is dreadful, no where near as fluid as Revelations/Brotherhood. Why was this changed? It's next to impossible to kill an enemy during combat with the the hidden daggers, the gun's take too long to reload, counter kill works only on soldiers (which are few and far between as you progress), and it takes forever to switch between weapons. And it may only be my impression but it feels as if there is a very limited array of weapons to use in combat.

The naval missions are a waste of time - the ship is difficult to navigate and using the cannons seems to be just pure luck rather than any skill.

Liberating the forts is also a waste of time, you get to increase profits of a convoy? but why? there is no point. In the earlier games you wanted to increase your funds so you could collect art, opening shops etc. None of that now exists.

Even side quests, one of the staples of the genre, is poorly implemented. They are often unclear what needs to be accomplished or how to finish the mission.

:mad::mad:

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Naaaah You`re just bad at it;)

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 08:23 PM

Agreed, its not the games fault if you suck at it.

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 08:24 PM
I'd definitely agree. AC3 is clearly the poorest game in the series thus far. I also expect that AC4 will be even worse considering the ridiculously short development time.

I think a lot of folks actually agree that Ubi dropped the ball with AC3. The game is just a mess in so many ways; gameplay, plot, side missions, characters...all horrible.

The only redeemable quality I find in AC3 is the multiplayer.

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Agreed, its not the games fault if you suck at it.

This type of reply is so witty and informative. Please tell us more about how amazing the game is and how we're just not playing it right.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 08:29 PM
This type of reply is so witty and informative. Please tell us more about how amazing the game is and how we're just not playing it right.
The OP clearly sucks at playing the game, friend...

Combat doesn't flow, he finds difficulty killing guards, he`s mad because counter kills only works on soldiers, he can`t navigate the ship and thinks that cannons are a matter of luck...

he CLEARLY does not know how to play and has a massive ego that he cannot admit it, so takes the easy way out and bashes the game instead...

Maybe you can play and actually have skill. that I can respect. even if you thought the game was poor...but sucking at it and then whining ? Nope...

Also, little thing....I thought it was the best in the series....just sayin`

Gil_217
02-23-2013, 08:29 PM
How can anyone suck in AC?

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 08:31 PM

And your response is nothing but provocative and you know your full of it:rolleyes:

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Exactly Gil_217. The "combat" in AC games is so rudimentary and basic a 3 year old could excel at it.

However, it is a common tactic to besmirch the reputation of someone who has a poor opinion of something you like, even if that opinion has more than a little merit.

We're meant to look at Exithole's post and the follow-ups and think "What a noob. Obviously he just isn't good at the game." - however, in this case - I have played the game, I find that it IS less than mediocre, and my opinion is that it is clearly the worst Assassin's Creed released to date.

So does that mean that I too just suck at a game that is so very simple you probably should just hit play and watch it?

prince162010
02-23-2013, 08:39 PM
AC3 is the best game in the series:cool: but it suffers from a lot of bugs:(

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 08:42 PM
And your response is nothing but provocative and you know your full of it:rolleyes:

Your response was assinine and added nothing to the thread and mine was provocative? Do you know the OP? Have you sat and watched him "suck" at AC3?

Oh and the word you were trying for was "you're" as in "If you are (you're) not smart enough to use contractions, then please do not use them."

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Exactly Gil_217. The "combat" in AC games is so rudimentary and basic a 3 year old could excel at it.

However, it is a common tactic to besmirch the reputation of someone who has a poor opinion of something you like, even if that opinion has more than a little merit.
From where you come from perhaps. Not common with me...I actually ripped the game apart in some of MY complaints. so this is moot

We're meant to look at Exithole's post and the follow-ups and think "What a noob. Obviously he just isn't good at the game." - however, in this case - I have played the game, I find that it IS less than mediocre, and my opinion is that it is clearly the worst Assassin's Creed released to date.

So does that mean that I too just suck at a game that is so very simple you probably should just hit play and watch it?
I`m pretty sure I foresaw this and I`m also pretty sure I clearly made a distinction between someone who sucks at the game and whines and someone who actually has skill, but valid complaints. Saying "Game hard so game sucks" is not in any way a valid complaint.
If you thought it was the worst, because it was hard, then that's your fault..

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Your response was assinine and added nothing to the thread and mine was provocative? Do you know the OP? Have you sat and watched him "suck" at AC3?

Oh and the word you were trying for was "you're" as in "If you are (you're) not smart enough to use contractions, then please do not use them."
He clearly states that he thought it was difficult...what are you on about ?? oh and the old "I`m smarter than you, because I know grammar" tactic is old....drop it...I`m pretty sure you suck at speaking and typing his language just as much...

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 08:51 PM

No, it does not but clearly by the description the player gave us he obviously sucked at the game and thats it.. GET IT??

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Sorry, didn't even realize he was in Helsinki - in that case, he did a better job than a lot of Americans with the your, you're thing.

Even so, the original poster doesn't mention difficulty, nor does he "clearly state it". He says basically the combat sucks, which in my opinion it does. Your reply to that is he sucks.

He mentions the naval missions and aiming the cannons (which a captain does? really?) which you don't so much as aim as broadside and hope. So he's pretty much dead on on that. The ship missions while being completely superfluous to the the story were also exercises in frustration. The naval missions were silly and unbelieveable.

He then mentions the convoys and the forts, which while being ridiculously easy to defeat were also completely irrelevant to anything. Did taking a fort do anything to the story? NOPE, not once, but you do get convoy crap, that again is entirely unrelated to anything going on.

The game was poor in his opinion and your response is he just sucks...hmmm. I still think it's impossible to "suck" at an Assassin's Creed game. So if he sucks, does that mean that you think you're great at it or something?

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Sorry, didn't even realize he was in Helsinki - in that case, he did a better job than a lot of Americans with the your, you're thing.

Even so, the original poster doesn't mention difficulty, nor does he "clearly state it". He says basically the combat sucks, which in my opinion it does. Your reply to that is he sucks.

He mentions the naval missions and aiming the cannons (which a captain does? really?) which you don't so much as aim as broadside and hope. So he's pretty much dead on on that. The ship missions while being completely superfluous to the the story were also exercises in frustration. The naval missions were silly and unbelieveable.

He then mentions the convoys and the forts, which while being ridiculously easy to defeat were also completely irrelevant to anything. Did taking a fort do anything to the story? NOPE, not once, but you do get convoy crap, that again is entirely unrelated to anything going on.

The game was poor in his opinion and your response is he just sucks...hmmm. I still think it's impossible to "suck" at an Assassin's Creed game. So if he sucks, does that mean that you think you're great at it or something?
Well...first, you have a long way to go, because you need to learn how to actually READ....Go back to his post. read it properly then get back to us..
His entire post just screams "WAAAA WAAA GAME HARD SO IT SUCKS"

Also, the cannons do not depend on luck...if you thought they did, then just like him, you do not understand how Naval battles are played....Cannons depend on position, timing and aim...their relevance to the story is off-topic, but you saying they`re an exercise in frustration seems to suggest that you too had difficulty in those as well, but also have a massive ego to openly admit it and thus cling onto the famous word "frustration" to hide your apparent incapability of handling the ship mechanics properly.

He said game sucks and perfectly explained why, because it was hard and side missions were bad (Which I agree with) frankly, it`s not anyone`s fault you cannot properly read..

Understand this, when someone says that AC III is the worst in the series and does not mention bugs, then he sucks at it.....

joey-4321_web
02-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Ever since AC2 there has been optional side objectives that had no bearing on the story. Why are you complaining just now?

joey-4321_web
02-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Dude I can beat the crap out jaegers ( I think that's how it's spelled) using only fists. I'm sorry dude but you kinda suck. Don't take it out on the game. The only reason some people didn't like the game is because ubisoft made some of the best content in the game optional, and those whiners are to lazy to look on the map for for it. It had some bugs but most of them were patched. And don't start with dlc patches are ruining games thing because it is one stupidest things I ever heard.

Wow I got away from myself there. Anyway, you most likely just suck at the game.

SixKeys
02-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Understand this, when someone says that AC III is the worst in the series and does not mention bugs, then he sucks at it.....

LOL. :rolleyes: AC3 wasn't hard but it was still the worst because of poor story, content and characters. The bugs were just the tip of the iceberg.

Overtkill21
Well...first, you have a long way to go, because you need to learn how to actually READ....Go back to his post. read it properly then get back to us..

Also, the cannons do not on luck...if you thought they did, then just like him, you do not understand how Naval battles are played....

OK so let's try this:

"I am absolutely compelled to write this, as Assassins Creed 3 is and awful awful game to play. It's really frustrating as I love the assassins creed series, but I just don't think i can bring myself to actually finish the story mode..."

(Nope no mention of difficulty there.)

"The combat system is dreadful, no where near as fluid as Revelations/Brotherhood. Why was this changed? It's next to impossible to kill an enemy during combat with the the hidden daggers, the gun's take too long to reload, counter kill works only on soldiers (which are few and far between as you progress), and it takes forever to switch between weapons. And it may only be my impression but it feels as if there is a very limited array of weapons to use in combat."

Curious, these are complaints about a flawed combat system but still I don't see a mention of difficulty...let's go on, maybe the next statement...

The naval missions are a waste of time - the ship is difficult to navigate and using the cannons seems to be just pure luck rather than any skill.

Ahh the first mention of the word difficult, but wait, he used it to describe the navigation - which is difficult, but it is as it should be - I'd assume moving a ship would actually be more difficult. Still this couldn't be the only reason you say he sucks...could it??? Let's go on...

Liberating the forts is also a waste of time, you get to increase profits of a convoy? but why? there is no point. In the earlier games you wanted to increase your funds so you could collect art, opening shops etc. None of that now exists.

Hmm, no mention of difficulty...curious.

Even side quests, one of the staples of the genre, is poorly implemented. They are often unclear what needs to be accomplished or how to finish the mission.

and finally, still no mention of difficulty here either. So who needs to learn to read?

Assassin_M
Wow I got away from myself there. Anyway, you most likely just suck at the game.
4 guys now read his post and came out with this fact "he sucks at the game"

Could we be blind and you the almighty guiding light who knows all ?? @OvertKill21 ??

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:09 PM
OK so let's try this:

I am absolutely compelled to write this, as Assassins Creed 3 is and awful awful game to play. It's really frustrating as I love the assassins creed series, but I just don't think i can bring myself to actually finish the story mode (Nope no mention of difficulty there.)

The combat system is dreadful, no where near as fluid as Revelations/Brotherhood. Why was this changed? It's next to impossible to kill an enemy during combat with the the hidden daggers, the gun's take too long to reload, counter kill works only on soldiers (which are few and far between as you progress), and it takes forever to switch between weapons. And it may only be my impression but it feels as if there is a very limited array of weapons to use in combat.

Curious, these are complaints about a flawed combat system but still I don't see a mention of difficulty...let's go on, maybe the next statement...

Ahh the first mention of the word difficult, but wait, he used it to describe the navigation - which is difficult, but it is as it should be - I'd assume moving a ship would actually be more difficult. Still this couldn't be the only reason you say he sucks...could it??? Let's go on...

Oh wait no more mention of difficulty...curious.

and finally, still no mention of difficulty here either. So who needs to learn to read?
read again..

Your explanation is absolute nonsense...no mention of difficulty in the first one ? What ? You`re going by word ? xD

Read it again...out loud this time..

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:13 PM
LOL. :rolleyes: AC3 wasn't hard but it was still the worst because of poor story, content and characters. The bugs were just the tip of the iceberg.
YES !! Thank You..

These are the normal complaints we usually get...When a guy leaves out story, content, characters and bugs and says this or that is difficult (Yes he said combat is difficulty. get some glasses) then he just sucks at the game...which, as mentioned, isn't hard

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Man, this is rich, an Egyptian telling me I should learn to read English better.

He doesn't say the game is difficult (PERIOD). He doesn't imply it. He doesn't infer it. He says it is frustrating. Where do you get that he thinks the game is too hard?

I think perhaps you need to just pay better attention in English classes, particularly comprehension.

Nothing the OP said led me to believe he found the game difficult. What is it in "the first one" that makes you think that?

Here's a little English lesson for you.

Frustrating is not a synonym for difficult.

Dreadful is not a synonym for difficult.

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Later on Egyptian English teacher...work on that comprehension.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Man, this is rich, an Egyptian telling me I should learn to read English better.

He doesn't say the game is difficult (PERIOD). He doesn't imply it. He doesn't infer it. He says it is frustrating. Where do you get that he thinks the game is too hard?

I think perhaps you need to just pay better attention in English classes, particularly comprehension.

Nothing the OP said led me to believe he found the game difficult. What is it in "the first one" that makes you think that?

Again with the language shtick ? What`s wrong ? desperate ? 4 guys interpreted his post as "WAAA WAAA GAME HARD IT SUCKS" 4 GUYS !! xD

Yes he said the game is difficult. Yes he does imply it and yes he does infer it.

I may not be a native English speaker, but I do not think less of you for not speaking my language....and I`ll still tell you. LEARN TO READ. Yes, an Ignorant, camel humping, bean eating, pyramid building, barefooted, Egyptian IS telling you to read English Properly....

I never said frustrating and dreadful are synonyms for Difficult. matter of fact, I made it very clear that frustrating is a word incapable people with the game use to hide their inability to play...making the distinction apparent for everyone....except you of course.

Yeah, later on...Come back with proper reading skills and perfect Arabic...

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Again with the language shtick ? What`s wrong ? desperate ? 4 guys interpreted his post as "WAAA WAAA GAME HARD IT SUCKS" 4 GUYS !! xD

Yes he said the game is difficult. Yes he does imply it and yes he does infer it.

I may not be a native English speaker, but I do not think less of you for not speaking my language....and I`ll still tell you. LEARN TO READ. Yes, an Ignorant, camel humping, bean eating, pyramid building, barefooted, Egyptian IS telling you to read English Properly....

I never said frustrating and dreadful are synonyms for Difficult. matter of fact, I made it very clear that frustrating is a word incapable people with the game use to hide their inability to play..

It's funny how you can't point to the spot where he says "WAAA WAAA GAME HARD IT SUCKS" or even reference the place where this is even remotely implied. Again I say, work on comprehension.

Oh and all the racial slurs are hilarious, do you take offense when someone calls you Egyptian? If so, it seems you probably have more against them than I do, work on the hate with your comprehension.

LOL

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:37 PM
It's funny how you can't point to the spot where he says "WAAA WAAA GAME HARD IT SUCKS" or even reference the place where this is even remotely implied. Again I say, work on comprehension.

Oh and all the racial slurs are hilarious, do you take offense when someone calls you Egyptian? If so, it seems you probably have more against them than I do, work on the hate with your comprehension.

LOL
When my baby brother asks me for a glass of water, I tell him to get it himself....It`s better that way. makes him learn.

And again I say, read properly before you act almighty...

I also didn't know you were blind too, because CLEARLY, my banner says "proud to be an Egyptian" Just proves my point.....

Learn to read English...cry yourself to sleep tonight over the fact that an "Egyptian" (Who apparently by default is ignorant in the English language) told you to learn proper reading skills...thrice..

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 09:38 PM

You Sir.... you are an idiot:nonchalance:

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 09:41 PM
When my baby brother asks me for a glass of water, I tell him to get it himself....It`s better that way. makes him learn.

And again I say, read properly before you act almighty...

I also didn't know you were blind too, because CLEARLY, my banner says "proud to be an Egyptian" Just proves my point.....

Learn to read English...

Still can't explain huh? LOL

Hey "proud to be an Egyptian" next time someone calls you an Egyptian maybe don't immediately jump on them as a racist, it makes you seem like you don't think much of your own race.

Get it?

Sorry I didn't clarify, didn't know I was speaking to an idiot of an Egyptian.

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 09:43 PM
You Sir.... you are an idiot:nonchalance:

Thanks for not using the contraction, Finnish idiot.

TesteEfetuado
02-23-2013, 09:43 PM
I'd definitely agree. AC3 is clearly the poorest game in the series thus far. I also expect that AC4 will be even worse considering the ridiculously short development time

I agree.

This link is great, everyone should read it:

http://kotaku.com/5958941/how-has-assassins-creed-iii-disappointed-me-let-me-count-the-ways

It's a Kotaku article about how AC3 is a huge disappointment.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Still can't explain huh? LOL

Hey "proud to be an Egyptian" next time someone calls you an Egyptian maybe don't immediately jump on them as a racist, it makes you seem like you don't think much of your own race.

Get it?

Sorry I didn't clarify, didn't know I was speaking to an idiot of an Egyptian.
Oh god, you`re still on with this ? Mate, just stop posting xD You`re reduced to petty insults now, which is, suffice to say, predictable to say the least..

I`d stop posting now, seriously. Human to Human. I never even jumped on you as racist xD which AGAIN, proves that you have no proper reading skills. Just stop.

Also, Egyptian is not a race xD

Please...Just stop

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Thanks for not using the contraction, Finnish idiot.
Petty insults are so mature...

good for you

bveUSbve
02-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Details of ACIII-criticism often are debatable ... On the whole I agree: the game is a big disappointment. (To me and many others, but apparently not to all players.)

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:47 PM
I agree.

This link is great, everyone should read it:

http://kotaku.com/5958941/how-has-assassins-creed-iii-disappointed-me-let-me-count-the-ways

It's a Kotaku article about how AC3 is a huge disappointment.
Kotaku ? guys that failed the Lee chase mission about 30 times ?

Okay xD

Gi1t
02-23-2013, 09:49 PM

Actually, I take issue with how quickly you say this in response. Yeah, it's possible that they're blaming the game instead of trying harder to figure it out, but that remains to be seen. You have to talk to them to find out if what they're experiencing is a misunderstanding rather than an actual flaw in the game.

Look, I've read plenty of posts that suggest the game really does take some getting used to and that it might actually be an improvement, provided you get a good handle on the new system, but it's not going to keep getting better if every time someone complains, people just write it off and say "NO, YOU JUST SUCK AT IT!" (and simultaneously think how great they are for being good at it XD )

So don't be so quick to write it off. If the system is really that great, then a tutorial from a practiced player ought to set things right for even the strongest of detractors. More than likely, there ARE some things that can be worked on, if not with the system itself then with the game's tutorial system.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Actually, I take issue with how quickly you say this in response. Yeah, it's possible that they're blaming the game instead of trying harder to figure it out, but that remains to be seen. You have to talk to them to find out if what they're experiencing is a misunderstanding rather than an actual flaw in the game.

Look, I've read plenty of posts that suggest the game really does take some getting used to and that it might actually be an improvement, provided you get a good handle on the new system, but it's not going to keep getting better if every time someone complains, people just write it off and say "NO, YOU JUST SUCK AT IT!" (and simultaneously think how great they are for being good at it XD )

So don't be so quick to write it off. If the system is really that great, then a tutorial from a practiced player ought to set things right for even the strongest of detractors. More than likely, there ARE some things that can be worked on, if not with the system itself then with the game's tutorial system.
Alright then i admit.

Too quick with that response....I`m sorry...

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Kotaku ? guys that failed the Lee chase mission about 30 times ?

Okay xD

It's actually a very, very good article that is spot on about most things.

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Oh god, you`re still on with this ? Mate, just stop posting xD You`re reduced to petty insults now, which is, suffice to say, predictable to say the least..

I`d stop posting now, seriously. Human to Human. I never even jumped on you as racist xD which AGAIN, proves that you have no proper reading skills. Just stop.

Also, Egyptian is not a race xD

Please...Just stop

Man I'd just love a lesson in online civility from someone whose first post on this thread was attacking the original poster.

Human to human, what was this little blurb about "Yes, an Ignorant, camel humping, bean eating, pyramid building, barefooted, Egyptian IS telling you to read English Properly...."

Interesting since I brought up no derogatory terms about Egyptians, that you'd immediately jump to that.

ReverseDoddo
02-23-2013, 09:52 PM
yeaa it sucks thats way ubisoft dont want to do a new conner **** game;)

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Man I'd just love a lesson in online civility from someone whose first post on this thread was attacking the original poster.

Human to human, what was this little blurb about "Yes, an Ignorant, camel humping, bean eating, pyramid building, barefooted, Egyptian IS telling you to read English Properly...."

Interesting since I brought up no derogatory terms about Egyptians, that you'd immediately jump to that.
Hey...news flash...I apologized;)

And you brought no derogatory terms ? Alright. If you say so...

oh by the way, that blurb had nothing to do with you bringing up derogatory terms, because, according to you, you never brought up any derogatory terms...

I`d love to give you an online lesson in civility AND English, but unfortunately, I`m busy doing anything else...sorry:)

It's actually a very, very good article that is spot on about most things.
To you, not to me...

I disagree with most of it...

d4st4n96
02-23-2013, 09:55 PM
I'd definitely agree. AC3 is clearly the poorest game in the series thus far. I also expect that AC4 will be even worse considering the ridiculously short development time.

I think a lot of folks actually agree that Ubi dropped the ball with AC3. The game is just a mess in so many ways; gameplay, plot, side missions, characters...all horrible.

The only redeemable quality I find in AC3 is the multiplayer.
but for how long? :-s

Overtkill21
02-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Hey...news flash...I apologized;)

And you brought no derogatory terms ? Alright. If you say so...

oh by the way, that blurb had nothing to do with you bringing up derogatory terms, because, according to you, you never brought up any derogatory terms...

I`d love to give you an online lesson in civility AND English, but unfortunately, I`m busy doing anything else...sorry:)

To you, not to me...

I disagree with most of it...

This is the most confusing, idiotic post I have read on here in a long time. Thanks for the laugh. It must be frustrating to not be able to explain yourself; or is that difficult?

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:59 PM
This is the most confusing, idiotic post I have read on here in a long time. Thanks for the laugh. It must be frustrating to not be able to explain yourself; or is that difficult?
I was about to ask you the same thing about reading it....found it confusing ?

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Also I agree with Gi1t. M, you are an awesome dude and it's fun to talk AC with you. However I really dislike your attitude towards new posters who come here frustrated with the game and (implicitly) ask for help. There is absolutley no need to "own" them or make them feel bad about themselves. It's just mean. Also it creates a poisonous atmosphere in the forum that scares reasonable people away. Just think for a sec before you post please ;).

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Also I agree with Gi1t. M, you are an awesome dude and it's fun to talk AC with you. However I really dislike your attitude towards new posters who come here frustrated with the game and (implicitly) ask for help. There is absolutley no need to "own" them or make them feel bad about themselves. It's just mean. Also it creates a poisonous atmosphere in the forum that scares reasonable people away. Just think for a sec before you post please ;).
I apologized.....:)

and I`ll make it up for OP...

I`ll post him some Combat tutorials...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAsk4sg_FLI

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 10:03 PM
I was about to ask you the same thing about reading it....found it confusing ?

Better to ignore that fool bro:cool:

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Better to ignore that fool bro:cool:
I cannot ignore a wailing child....Unfortunately..

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 10:05 PM
I apologized.....:)

and I`ll make it up for OP...

I`ll post him some Combat tutorials...

No problem. It's just that since you post so much your attitude influence the entire forum. And with great power comes great responsibility ;).

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 10:08 PM
No problem. It's just that since you post so much your attitude influence the entire forum. And with great power comes great responsibility ;).
I never looked at it that way before :O

You guys really get influenced by me ?? *gasp* oh crap, that cannot be good :|

I`ll try to be better:)

I`m sorry, OP for blatantly attacking you. I should`v acted more responsibly...

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 10:13 PM
I never looked at it that way before :O

You guys really get influenced by me ?? *gasp* oh crap, that cannot be good :|

I`ll try to be better:)

I`m sorry, OP for blatantly attacking you. I should`v acted more responsibly... Stop that! You become boring if you lose your edge:rolleyes:..

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Stop that! You become boring if you lose your edge:rolleyes:..
I can still have a responsible edge..

My edge should not be at the cost of others:)

Egyptian is a race xD

Jamato300489
02-23-2013, 10:17 PM
AC3 Single-Player 10/10
In my opinion AC3 has been the best so far. I have found it very enjoyable to play through the story-line and complete all side missions. I rate it a 10/10 and now "The Tyranny of King Washington" how fantastic was that to play, not just a storyline but exploration too. I feel like I just got a new Assassins Creed game and obviously opportunity to endeavour for more. Hope we see "New York", "Boston", "Frontier" and the "Homestead" in this new setting whilst being able to openly roam with the new "Wolf Cloaking" ability. Alongside new elements to unlock. I can't wait for episode 2 ;)

AC3 Multi-Player 7/10
As for the Multi-player side of things, I find it a little bit of a "Let-Down". I would rate it 7/10. I was expecting to be able to do more. I would recommend including a type of free-roam, sand-box environment where players can choose to interact with each other through mini-games similar to that of single-player. Also a counter for counter fighting system that allows you to actually attack and defend multiple players at once. I think it would be great if we could also have the option to play the current multiplayer game modes in its current style whilst using the current fighting functions because its quite fun once you get the hang of it. :)

Many Thanks UBISOFT!

MasterAssasin84
02-23-2013, 10:23 PM
AC3 is not poorest game in the series , i thought it was awesome, it just takes a bit of getting used to and familiarising yourself with Connors movements and controls, personally i think Connor boasts some pretty awesome skills ! some of which i wished Ezio had but then they are two completely different Assassins so it would be wrong to compare the two.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to judge a game purely because someone cant play the game properly is a pretty lame basis of judgement in my opinion.

AC3 is different and something completely new for the Series.

As for this thread we have been here so many times so swiftly moving on :)

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Stop that! You become boring if you lose your edge:rolleyes:..

He can still abuse the veterans ;). It's just a bit unnecessary to attack the 1 post members.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 10:27 PM
He can still abuse the veterans ;). It's just a bit unnecessary to attack the 1 post members.
Can I abuse you ?

Jexx21
02-23-2013, 10:31 PM

Guns taking longer to reload is more realistic
It's easy to kill enemies with the hidden blades
You have to use certain techniques on certain soldiers to easily kill them. Some you have to disarm, some you have to dodge, some you may have to throw, it's not all an easy counter like the past games
There are actually a large amount of weapons to choose from, it's just that they aren't all introduced to you in a tutorial, which I find to be odd (things like the smoke bomb and poison darts. and hell, they don't even tell you you can use snares as a weapon)

And the combat is actually very fluid if you get timing right and such.

As for the naval missions, you also have to use timing when shooting cannons, and you have to be aware of how many of your sales are out while moving.

By the way, M, is you name Makarios? I'm asking because that's the name of the only Egyptian guy I know in real life (and he invited me to a hookah bar since I recently turned 18 -_-).

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Can I abuse you ?

No, only members who joined earlier than September 2010.

Farlander1991
02-23-2013, 10:33 PM
No, only members who joined earlier than September 2010.

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 10:35 PM

Haha prepare to get M:ed!

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 10:40 PM
OP if i could video capture i'd show you some advanced tactics for AC3 combat. Until then you'll just have to carry on sucking im afraid.

kriegerdesgottes
02-23-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm not wild about it either but I wouldn't say it's the worst in the series. That would be Revelations.

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry I can't take someone called ExitHole seriously. LOL First post and he's already trolling.

Jexx21
02-23-2013, 11:29 PM
I still want to know if M's name is Makarios or some other arabic name that begins with M.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 11:47 PM
I still want to know if M's name is Makarios or some other arabic name that begins with M.
Some other Arabic name:p

Jexx21
02-24-2013, 12:09 AM
What is it? :P

It may not even begin with M. Noooo

It doesn't matter anyway, you remind me nothing of the Makarios I know. The one I know has a girlfriend.

rupok2
02-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Its not the worst game in the series but Its not the best either. I think they tried to do so many things that none of the features were fleshed out and it caused alot of stuff to be glitchy. One feature tho is extremely well done, which is the combat, I can't argue with the combat design, its the best out of all Ac.

Assassin_M
02-24-2013, 12:17 AM
What is it? :P

It may not even begin with M. Noooo

It doesn't matter anyway, you remind me nothing of the Makarios I know. The one I know has a girlfriend.
Nah it begins with an M;)

and damm it :|

he may even have a life

Jexx21
02-24-2013, 12:26 AM
i like your pyramids

Megas_Doux
02-24-2013, 12:35 AM
I have to enter a pyramid while listening to Nile \m/...

OK! Back to the topic, I have to say that AC3 is my favorite in the series, and about its combat, well is a little bit more challenging than any other before... Guest what? I love that!

SixKeys
02-24-2013, 12:50 AM
While AC3's combat is a slight improvement over the ones in the past, I still don't get why people praise it so much. The only real difference is that instead of holding down high profile button you're spamming the interact button (E on PC). It doesn't involve any more tactical approach to kill enemies than in prior games. The only ones that can be annoying are the jaegers and you can just rope dart them to death mid-combat.

BATISTABUS
02-24-2013, 02:05 AM
I find it kind of depressing that the hundredth "AC3 Sucks!" thread gets 8 pages of replies, while much more thoughtful topics just fall by the wayside.

Gi1t
02-24-2013, 03:44 AM
I find it kind of depressing that the hundredth "AC3 Sucks!" thread gets 8 pages of replies, while much more thoughtful topics just fall by the wayside.

I guess that's because more thoughtful topics are resolved more quickly. Even if people leave long posts, it'll never take up as much space as a long back-and-forth bickering session. XD

BATISTABUS
02-24-2013, 03:52 AM
long back-and-forth bickering session. XD
Yeah, I guess that pretty much sums it up. xD

dovevoice
02-24-2013, 11:26 AM
I completely agree with the OP. I couldn't finish the story mode and it felt so boring. I played all the earlier titles for AC and I even enjoyed ACR more than AC3. I think they should take their time in making the next AC and stop with annual releases of mediocre assassin's creed .

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 11:28 AM
I completely agree with the OP. I couldn't finish the story mode and it felt so boring. I played all the earlier titles for AC and I even enjoyed ACR more than AC3. I think they should take their time in making the next AC and stop with annual releases of mediocre assassin's creed .If you want to play future AC's then you better finish AC3.

silvermercy
02-24-2013, 11:33 AM
AC3 was so far my favourite (until TokW which is now my top place and wish was a full game in the place of the original AC3). AC1 is second (and I didn't even finish it yet. lol). AC2 was... okay...

silvermercy
02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Me, too. It's because people react more angrily to that instead of an "I really love AC3" thread.

dovevoice
02-24-2013, 12:03 PM
@roostersrule2 I already saw the ending on YouTube so I know what happened. Also I will not buy any future AC games (hopefully), AC3 is a disappointment for me and I had problems with a DLC from ACR that ubisoft support couldn't fix and it pissed me off really badly.

Assassin_M
02-24-2013, 12:04 PM
AC3 was so far my favourite (until TokW which is now my top place and wish was a full game in the place of the original AC3). AC1 is second (and I didn't even finish it yet. lol). AC2 was... okay...
That`s how I think too :O

AjinkyaParuleka
02-24-2013, 01:26 PM
It takes skill to master Naval,or..........just buy iron hull and fire shots,your good to go.
Combat?Its a bit harder from previous game and takes time to get know with,but it is pretty easy,until you are stormed with 10-15 Jaggers.It has some pretty cool animations too..and about Snare,is it used in combat or as a trap?.

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 01:32 PM
It takes skill to master Naval,or..........just buy iron hull and fire shots,your good to go.
Combat?Its a bit harder from previous game and takes time to get know with,but it is pretty easy,until you are stormed with 10-15 Jaggers.It has some pretty cool animations too..and about Snare,is it used in combat or as a trap?.Both you can use the snare to counter enemies and for hunting purposes.

joey-4321_web
02-24-2013, 10:11 PM
4 guys now read his post and came out with this fact "he sucks at the game"

Could we be blind and you the almighty guiding light who knows all ?? @OvertKill21 ??

If he is having trouble playing the game then he does suck at and probably shouldn't play it. Just like I'm horrible at soccer or any kind of sports video games so I don't play them. He even said he can kill anybody with the hidden blades, which means he either isn't trying or just doesn't understand how too play worth eh new combat system. I'm sorry but the only logical conclusion is that he sucks at this particular game.

kuled2012
02-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Another one of these?

mashroot
02-25-2013, 12:14 AM
I personally found this game to be fairly easy, or less than challenging, that is until I tried to get 100% sync. In my opinion, AC3 is definitely not the worst game in the series, and it is getting some pretty unfair/biased comments/reviews, but it certainly isn't the best game in the series either. To me it feels like it is the lightest on story, but only because we switched between 3 characters (Haytham, Connor, and Desmond), and in my opinion they should have fleshed out Connor's mature character a lot more and skipped Haytham and the childhood arc, or just made it a Haytham game. The plot twist was ingenious, but it really seemed to drag out after a strong opening with Haytham. I say this, although, my favorite parts of the game were the Desmond levels, and I would have loved to play a 100% Desmond Miles - Modern Story game- with no Animus.

Krayus Korianis
02-25-2013, 01:38 PM
"Yes, an Ignorant, camel humping, bean eating, pyramid building, barefooted, Egyptian"

Wow, that's derogatory and racist... You must be a real winner with the ladies. God****ed neckbeard.

AssassinVenice
02-25-2013, 02:02 PM
I was browsing through my games the other day and I thought "should I replay ACB?" What did I say? I SAID HELL YEAH BRING IT ON! :cool:

Minutes later, I saw AC3 on my shelf and looked away to keep on playing ACB. Sad. Story.

II iL Falco II
02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
The combat is too easy. Even my 5 years old nephew can complete a fight with 34 guards without take any damage. LOL

Another problem is that you necessary have to end a combo to kill your opponent. For example: a combo is made up of 4 attacks in sequence, and the last attack is the one which kills the enemy; if I manage to make 3 attacks but then I am stopped, I have to do the whole combo once again to kill the enemy. I've killed a soldier with 13 KNIVES ATTACKS hitting his throat around 4 times (my combos had been stopped like 2 or 3 times). It's ridiculous.

The combat system is just stupid and unrealistic.

The A.I. is terrible too, both enemies' and crowd's one. How many times have you seen people just walking near to you while you're fighting and killing enemies, between blood, shoots, corpses and so on, and they looks like they're not interested or frightened at all?
Anvil Next is good for seasons, but it's TOTALLY INADEQUATE for A.I.

PS: Sorry for my bad English but it's not my native language. :)

Krayus Korianis
02-25-2013, 03:12 PM
I was browsing through my games the other day and I thought "should I replay ACB?" What did I say? I SAID HELL YEAH BRING IT ON! :cool:

Minutes later, I saw AC3 on my shelf and looked away to keep on playing ACB. Sad. Story.
True story, I got AC 1-3... I keep playing 3.

You just don't like it because the PS3 is buggy with AC3.

Locopells
02-25-2013, 03:25 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4765/blackdudetf8.jpg

I gotta stop reading these threads...

Krayus Korianis
02-25-2013, 03:42 PM
You enjoy these threads, don't lie.

Locopells
02-25-2013, 06:53 PM
http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png

poptartz20
02-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Wow.. It's hilarious to see how peoples opinions go to the extreme to the point of where we make ignorant comments to one another. We are talking about a GAME people. Nothing that has bearing on real life outside these on screen windows and a keyboard. I would say some are very passionate about the series to say the least! I know I am to an extent! But what I've read in the past few pages is just too D@MN MUCH!

Now... To the point of this thread. AC3 it's funny to me how people really think this is the worst in the series! I honestly think by far it's the best written one yet! I'm sure they could have elaborated on more parts but due to lack of time or I'm sure other things that this game got rushed towards the end. For me that doesn't ruin the game. You can still piece together most of it. Boring? Alright some parts moved slowly I guess.. But for the most part I always had something to do! I really sit and wonder sometimes are these people even playing the same game!? How is it that people are still so hung up on Ezio. Yeah He was fun to play he had a run that lasted way to effin long. (Honestly he should have been cycled out after brotherhood--which also should have been a DLC) Ugh.. I just don't understand. Everybody has their own opinion but hey oh well. If everybody agreed then we wouldn't have wars right?

AC3 FOREVAAARR!!

UrDeviant1
02-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Bring on "Pirates Creed" ;)

the_atm
02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
I disagree, the story is the best in the series... ok maybe ACII was better but only by a little, the combat is better because it's not "hold R1 and wait for someone to attack" I find i'm starting the combat way more, it's more streamlined as well.

The navy missions are amazing, so much detail. and if you don't like them... don't do them!

Liberating forts was ok, it'd be better if they made it so you could reset them

The side quests are pretty good as well, again they are there only if you want to do them.

And I'm not sure why you are writing this... You only going to get hate for it anyways...

Megas_Doux
02-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, mine is AC3, despite its flaws, it is the best in the series.....

YuurHeen
02-25-2013, 11:31 PM
while I agree it is the worst in the series I disagree with the op's reasons.

ReverseDoddo
02-26-2013, 09:59 PM
but out there is more ac 2 lover belive me thats way ubi dont want to make another conner game..

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:00 PM
but out there is more ac 2 lover belive me thats way ubi dont want to make another conner game..

Proof ?

UrDeviant1
02-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Proof ?

By "out there" i think he meant his back yard?

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:02 PM
By "out there" i think he meant his back yard?

No...just the hall way

I still need proof though

ReverseDoddo
02-26-2013, 10:05 PM
haha i dont need to proof is the truth...

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:06 PM
haha i dont need to proof is the truth...

you do need to proof..

Proof please

ReverseDoddo
02-26-2013, 10:08 PM
how old are you 5 ?

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:09 PM
how old are 5 ?

I dunno..

Ask 6

Ahhh

how old are you 5 ?

No, I`m 20 actually

Soulid_Snake
02-26-2013, 10:12 PM
I am absolutely compelled to write this, as Assassins Creed 3 is and awful awful game to play. It's really frustrating as I love the assassins creed series, but I just don't think i can bring myself to actually finish the story mode

I p****d at it, it is the worst in the series, what's worse is Ubi had the Balls to release it, in the state it was in. I guess nothing they will make will top AC2.

ReverseDoddo
02-26-2013, 10:14 PM
but you must be a 6 years old kid thats way you dont understand and saing proof proof ubi want to make new ac 4 with new hero. many hated ac 3 if they liked it ubi would make a ac just like they did with etzio.. for conner.

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:15 PM
but you must be a 6 years old kid thats way you dont understand and saing proof proof ubi want to make new ac 4 with new hero. many hated ac 3 if they liked it ubi would make a ac just like they did with etzio.. for conner.

proof please

ReverseDoddo
02-26-2013, 10:15 PM
okey i am older than you;)

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 10:16 PM
okey i am older than you;)

proof please

SuperLoboMau 25
02-26-2013, 10:34 PM
@topic

You're complaining about difficulty, it is harder then AC2/B/R, but is till one of easiest games.
AC3 is the worst in my opinion too (but not a bad game), but for another reasons.

ProletariatPleb
02-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Worst AC yes, but combat is easy as hell, it's bad but for other reasons.

LoyalACFan
02-26-2013, 10:38 PM
@topic

You're complaining about difficulty, it is harder then AC2/B/R, but is till one of easiest games.
AC3 is the worst in my opinion too (but not a bad game), but for another reasons.

:confused: AC3 was by far the easiest in my opinion. Counter+Tool=Insta-Kill on every enemy type. Even the sync constraints were a joke (aside from one of the naval missions).

SuperLoboMau 25
02-26-2013, 10:40 PM
:confused: AC3 was by far the easiest in my opinion. Counter+Tool=Insta-Kill on every enemy type. Even the sync constraints were a joke (aside from one of the naval missions).

There are some months I don't play B/R, but I had more difficulty to make chain kills in 3 than in previous games, but is just about familiarize.

jms6163
02-27-2013, 02:39 AM
AC3 was not my favorite either. I really really liked the first 4 so much more, in story and in play. Not saying AC3 was terrible, just not my favorite. I loved the music the beauty and missions more in the first 4. I was pretty sure I was the only person who disliked the naval missions. Not hard, just not my cup of tea. I finished them for the achievements but not interested in doing them again. Just my opinion though. I thought Connor was pretty badass lets face it laying into a fort and wiping it out is down right awesome. I do however like the new Infamy DLC, it was very good. It will be very hard for a game to beat out the first 4 though for me.

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 03:55 AM
In my opinion it is the second-best AC. Also I can't take people seriously who are like: We all know AC3 sucks, most people hate AC3.. but don't give proof. As far as I'm concerned polls created here show otherwise. Come on people, if you are voicing your own opinion that's fine but don't lean on the majority stick to lend credence to it.

nancyfroma
02-27-2013, 08:58 AM
I have just finished the Ac1 and now I am working on Ac2 I have brought brotherhood and revelations as well, I am looking to buy ac3 but your replies here have made me a bit reluctant, first I will see the video walkthrough and then buy it. Yes the part 1 was a bit on the lower side with same repitive dialogues again and again but 2 is cool I saw a few moments of 3 as well on youtube it isn't that bad either.

Assassin_M
02-27-2013, 09:00 AM
I have just finished the Ac1 and now I am working on Ac2 I have brought brotherhood and revelations as well, I am looking to buy ac3 but your replies here have made me a bit reluctant, first I will see the video walkthrough and then buy it. Yes the part 1 was a bit on the lower side with same repitive dialogues again and again but 2 is cool I saw a few moments of 3 as well on youtube it isn't that bad either.
Hello, Nancy...I`m single...

I mean...yes...Ask more around about AC III, Watch videos and decide...

LoyalACFan
02-27-2013, 09:06 AM

You should play AC3. Despite all the negativity floating around about it (to which I have admittedly contributed) it's still a good game. It's just that it was a huge disappointment for a lot of people since it was MASSIVELY hyped as the AC that would blow all of the other ones out of the water, but it turned out to be not a grand leap forward, but rather a clumsy half-step. Honestly, without experiencing the hype and dishonest marketing beforehand, I have no doubt you'll have some fun with it. That's why I'm considering going dark on any and all AC news.

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 09:41 AM
You should play AC3. Despite all the negativity floating around about it (to which I have admittedly contributed) it's still a good game. It's just that it was a huge disappointment for a lot of people since it was MASSIVELY hyped as the AC that would blow all of the other ones out of the water, but it turned out to be not a grand leap forward, but rather a clumsy half-step. Honestly, without experiencing the hype and dishonest marketing beforehand, I have no doubt you'll have some fun with it. That's why I'm considering going dark on any and all AC news.

Wow... this paragraph describes my feeling about the game almost word to word. You sure you're not me? :eek:

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 09:44 AM

Don't listen to the negativity. The gae is still very good, among the best ACs. Its just that it didn't match up to the hype it was given, like LoyanACFan said. Take away the hype machine, approach the game with reasonable expectation and you'll find a great game.

SuperLoboMau 25
02-27-2013, 09:51 AM
In my opinion it is the second-best AC. Also I can't take people seriously who are like: We all know AC3 sucks, most people hate AC3.. but don't give proof. As far as I'm concerned polls created here show otherwise. Come on people, if you are voicing your own opinion that's fine but don't lean on the majority stick to lend credence to it.

There is no need to proof. I simple had not the same pleasure in AC3 than in previous games. But I not an idiot wanting that everyone think like me, nobody choose what like. Why most part of people like chocolate and hate verdures? It's the same thing.

pirate1802
02-27-2013, 10:02 AM
There is no need to proof. I simple had not the same pleasure in AC3 than in previous games. But I not an idiot wanting that everyone think like me, nobody choose what like. Why most part of people like chocolate and hate verdures? It's the same thing.

The proof that I asked is not for whether you liked AC3 or not, it is for statements like "most fans hate AC3". How do you (I mean not you personally) know that? Its simply not a very intelligent way to debate or to put forth your point when people make blanket statements like these and then say things like open your eyes, or see for yourself, or don't lie to yourself.. when asked for source.

SuperLoboMau 25
02-27-2013, 10:10 AM
The proof that I asked is not for whether you liked AC3 or not, it is for statements like "most fans hate AC3". How do you (I mean not you personally) know that? Its simply not a very intelligent way to debate or to put forth your point when people make blanket statements like these and then say things like open your eyes, or see for yourself, or don't lie to yourself.. when asked for source.

Oh, of course. There is no way to know it without a census.

bveUSbve
02-27-2013, 11:22 AM
ACIII wasn't released in best shape ... It should have been in development - and testing! - for several more months, at least. Evidence for this can be found all over the place.

But independent from that the game to me "feels" significantly different to the previous games (ACII, ACII-b, ACII-c in comparison "felt" quite similar). This is due not only (and perhaps not primarily) to the new main character, Connor, the completely different locations (refreshingly different vs. boringly? You decide...), but also due to many other changes in game design, some small, some rather big.

No one of us can predict how YOU will evaluate all these things.

However, in any case I would recommend to wait as long as possible with your purchase. Hopefully there will be further patches till then. And the price probably will be much lower ... Ubisoft already made a great deal TOO MUCH profit with the unfinished product that is ACIII. ;)

Jorchking
01-02-2017, 11:43 PM

Wow, I saw you in all the threads were people, talking with the truth, are saying that AC III is the worst (That's true). What a fanboy.
The worst thing is that you do not respect their opinions and you want that people respect yours...

ERICATHERINE
01-03-2017, 12:43 AM
Wow, I saw you in all the threads were people, talking with the truth, are saying that AC III is the worst (That's true). What a fanboy.
The worst thing is that you do not respect their opinions and you want that people respect yours...

I assure you, you don't want to summon the great M. If you do, he will feed on your tears. That is, of course if you are against him. I, for myselft, should be ok, since I think ac 3 is the best ac game made so far, but if you summon him the way you do, I fear for your soul. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
01-03-2017, 02:05 AM
Holy necro-thread, Batman.

crusader_prophet
01-03-2017, 02:12 AM
Holy necro-thread, Batman.

At first I didn't realize the timestamp. And felt odd at the rantings going on. I realized shortly after. hah

MasterAssasin84
01-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Everyone is is entitled to their opinion and AC3 is clearly not for everyone but I must say its my favourite AC game of all time and it was a complete game changer from the combat system to the parkour ( the tree running was fun ) stalking your targets high above the canopies of the forest in a beautiful ambient environment to well executed hunting/economy system , graphically it was awesome and Connor was the sort of wake up the series needed and as Ezio was becoming exasperating and boring, the Naval combat was awesome and I felt black flag really delivered on enhancing the exploration aspect between land and sea.

I do not agree with authors opinion .

Sigma 1313
01-03-2017, 05:21 PM
I disagree Master Assassin. When the game launched, it was riddled with bugs, the story holds your hand until sequence 6 only to say "oh no, come back" and hold your hand through sequence 7 and 8. That's nearly 2/3rds of the way through the game until it really opens up. This is ignoring the fact that Connor's character and motivations are incredibly hard to connect with, until you do a deep character analysis. While I think analyzing a character should bring out more in them, they should be likable enough from the start. It's not even "He's not charismatic". I love Altair, and he is far from charismatic. But he had a great arc that slowly progressed through the game, whereas Connor had a very strange and hard to follow arc, and only at the end of the game, when he's truly become a man does he start to show a bit of an interesting character that we never get to see again (unfortunately this is the same for Arno). AC3 also had fairly boring side content like the assassination missions, and a few homestead missions were terrible (like chasing the pigs). Modern day had so much content, and while I don't mind killing Desmond if it brought something interesting, the metastory has been dead ever since, and I can't help but blame AC3 for that. Finally, holy **** did I hate the monetary trade system. With a burning fiery passion. I killed some many friggin beavers and bears for that, just to make a few pounds.

That said, I disagree with the author, about why the game was bad. I truly enjoyed the combat and parkour and agree that the parkour through trees, enhanced stealth (too bad it was wasted on **** tail missions), and hunting were fantastic improvement to the game. I always felt the naval combat was too linear and needed something different, like a fully open naval world to explore and fight in to make it better, which was delivered in the next two installments, and did so with more refined hunting and combat mechanics.

TL;DR AC3 had a lot of good and bad parts, but for me the bad outweighs the good, and means that AC3 is currently my second least favorite game in the series.

marvelfannumber
01-03-2017, 05:45 PM
How on earth do people find these ancient threads to dig up?

ERICATHERINE
01-03-2017, 06:06 PM

They go on the thread list and click on the "last" button. That or they search a thread about something precise, they have on their mind, but in certain case threads like they want were made so much back in times that they have to go to the most far away threads from now to find the thread they seek, since nobody cared/remembered of it to talk in it for such a long time. ^-^

Those thread are like a mummy in a pyramid. Nobody knows they they are there, these days, until someone discover them, once again. :p

joshoolhorst
01-05-2017, 06:12 PM

You took the words out of my mouth