PDA

View Full Version : I love the new clothes but why he is not freezing to death?

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 07:11 AM
One would think that Ratonhnhaké:ton would freeze to death running around with no shirt on he has just some small bra vest in the midle of the winter :eek:

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Why doesn't he die when he free falls from thousands of feet into a small cart of Hay ?
Why are guards telepathic in this DLC ?
Why does he have Wolf powers ?
Why is he invisible ?
Why is it that when wolves attack, there`re strange button press prompts ?
Why doesn't he sweat during summer ?
Why isn't he dead when he was pierced CLEAN through with an unpointed, unedged piece of wood ?
Why do Guards die from being kicked ?
Why don't the lakes freeze ?
Why doesn't the rope split when Ezio ziplines ?
Why does Connor never get tired after he runs hundreds of miles ?
Why don't tree branches break ?
Why doesn't Connor slip when walking on icy ground ?
and WHY, FOR GOD`S SAKE, DOES JOHNSON HIT CONNOR WITH A RIFLE BUTT ???

The answer to these questions, is the same answer to yours:p

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Why doesn't he die when he free falls from thousands of feet into a small cart of Hay ?
Why is he invisible ?
Why isn't he dead when he was pierced CLEAN through with an unpointed, unedged piece of wood ?

Hhmmm... Those are all interesting questions so we should discuss those riddles in this thread as well so it just got a whole lot bigger:cool:

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Hhmmm... Those are all interesting questions so we should discuss those riddles in this thread as well so it just got a whole lot bigger:cool:
Oh crap :|

AjinkyaParuleka
02-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Explain Pieces of Eden :))))).

deskp
02-23-2013, 08:24 AM
He drank the tea.

Gi1t
02-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Why is he invisible ?

All excellent questions, but then again...

...wouldn't "it's a simulation" pretty much answer all of that? XD

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 08:28 AM
All excellent questions, but then again...

...wouldn't "it's a simulation" pretty much answer all of that? XD
So it`s like I said, the answer to all those, is the same to yours :P

I just wanted add a little bit of smartass xD

ZeldaEmblem
02-23-2013, 09:52 AM
It's fan service, man. Fan service. Sometimes I just think this DLC is a gift from Ubisoft to the Connor fangirls :p

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Because he's hot! XD He keeps the cold away!
Ditto about fanservice for us! AC4 better be in a time/place where men wear the least clothing possible. :cool: Like a scene of ancient Olympics... (google why...) :o
We're spoiled now.

(I think they had Native American consultant for this DLC costume though!)

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 03:09 PM
AC4 better be in a time/place where men wear the least clothing possible. :cool: Like a scene of ancient Olympics... :o

Where everyone is unattractive...

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Where everyone is unattractive...
Oh I doubt the athletes participating were unattractive...

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Oh I doubt the athletes participating were unattractive...
I was >_>

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 03:13 PM
I was >_>
What??

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 03:14 PM
What??
I was in the Olympics...

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 03:15 PM
I was in the Olympics...
The ancient ones? LOL

Me, too! In London 2012 actually!

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 03:16 PM
The ancient ones? LOL

Me, too! In London 2012 actually!
Were you a spectator ?

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Were you a spectator ?
I went to watch finals for female boxing and men's beach volleyball. Front rows! wooo!!

LightRey
02-23-2013, 03:19 PM
It's actually not at all that uncommon for people to last like that out in the cold if their bodies are properly attuned to such weather.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 03:19 PM
I went to watch finals for female boxing and men's beach volleyball. Front rows! wooo!!
I always wondered why i had such a pretty day on the 12th of August http://gothnet.eu/static/images/smileys/smiley/flirt.gif

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 03:22 PM
I always wondered why i had such a pretty day on the 12th of August http://gothnet.eu/static/images/smileys/smiley/flirt.gif
ahaha! oh you....

Rugterwyper32
02-23-2013, 03:27 PM
After visiting New York last December and seeing this guy, I could see Connor making it through that cold with the clothes he was wearing in this DLC

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/TheNakedCowboy.jpg/656px-TheNakedCowboy.jpg

Yeah, Connor not freezing to death makes sense to me

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 03:33 PM
^ LOL Naked cowboys are fine with me also.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 03:34 PM
ahaha! oh you....
Are you blonde ?

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 03:37 PM
^ Brunette. Doubt you saw me though.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 03:39 PM
^ Brunette. Doubt you saw me though.
Most likely I have not...I was fencing xD

But that`s not why I asked :p

Ragsash
02-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Well his running around like a crazy person all the time. and of c all the blood he get splattered on himself makes him warm.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-23-2013, 04:07 PM
It's fan service, man. Fan service. Sometimes I just think this DLC is a gift from Ubisoft to the Connor fangirls and fanboys :pFixed :rolleyes:

itsamea-mario
02-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Well Connor is hard as nails, so you know..

RatonhnhakeFan
02-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Well Connor is hard as nails, so you know..
Ohh :rolleyes:

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 05:33 PM
It's actually not at all that uncommon for people to last like that out in the cold if their bodies are properly attuned to such weather.

You see my location??? I know what im talking about!

RatonhnhakeFan
02-23-2013, 05:39 PM

Isn't it true for locations that have lower temperatures more consistently? I mean, New York state goes from cold winters to hot summers, Finland/Alaska/Syberia are much more consistent on the low temperatures

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Isn't it true for locations that have lower temperatures more consistently? I mean, New York state goes from cold winters to hot summers, Finland/Alaska/Syberia are much more consistent on the low temperatures Not very accurate cause in Finland can go +25C in the summer and -30 in winter time so both seasons are more extreme than in New York actually.

pacmanate
02-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Cause he is silly.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Not very accurate cause in Finland can go +25C in the summer and -30 in winter time so both seasons are more extreme than in New York actually.But isn't the cold period much longer in Finland than in NY state area?

LightRey
02-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Sure you do, because living in a country with low temperatures makes you an expert on the cold.

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 05:56 PM
He does run around a lot. I'm sure that keeps him warm.

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Sure you do, because living in a country with low temperatures makes you an expert on the cold.

It really does! When i was in the army we where out camping and we slept in tent for 4 days and every day was at least -30C.. AND FIRST NIGHT WAS -37C so i dont know shi. about things.

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 06:06 PM
But isn't the cold period much longer in Finland than in NY state area?

Yeas it is:( the summmer is only 3 months or so but it feels great cause its so short...

LightRey
02-23-2013, 06:13 PM
It really does! When i was in the army we where out camping and we slept in tent for 4 days and every day was at least -30C.. AND FIRST NIGHT WAS -37C so i dont know shi. about things.
Yes that's fantastic, but that doesn't make you an expert. With "expert" I mean someone who has actually studied the effects the cold can have on the body, how much a body can endure under which circumstances, and how the body operates under conditions with low temperatures relevant to exposure to the cold.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Yes that's fantastic, but that doesn't make you an expert. With "expert" I mean someone who has actually studied the effects the cold can have on the body, how much a body can endure under which circumstances, and how the body operates under conditions with low temperatures relevant to exposure to the cold.
I for example, had nose and ear bleeding because of this IKUDIAHIJDHIBASNAGAGSGACSTAD X%&FN%SF^% F#SNENS& cold in New York....

Does everybody else there get this ? No.... because they`re used to it

TheHumanTowel
02-23-2013, 06:17 PM
And you are an expert on that?

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 06:22 PM

I tend to disagree cause i have all kinds of practical experiences about the cold weather and surviving in extreme conditions so you can assume whatever you like:cool:

MasterAssasin84
02-23-2013, 06:26 PM
I for example, had nose and ear bleeding because of this IKUDIAHIJDHIBASNAGAGSGACSTAD X%&FN%SF^% F#SNENS& cold in New York....

Does everybody else there get this ? No.... because they`re used to it

I just dont know how Connor has not gone down with hypothermia !! FFS i mean the guy is swimming in a stream in valley forge with just a wolf skin on his bonnet and dare i say its not the power of the wolfs sheilding him form the cold lol !!!

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Is this really still up for discussion? -_-

Okay then, i'v got a question. How come Connor isn't anorexic? He must be starving, i mean, i'v never seen him eat.

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 06:31 PM

Okay then, i'v got a question. How come Connor isn't anorexic? He must be starving, i mean, i'v never seen him eat.

Why so serious?:(

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Why so serious?:(

Because this is serious business, okay?

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 06:37 PM
dafuq did you just say ?

you better talk respectfully, alright ? this is a respectable forum where people are strict and serious, you little parasite....

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 06:38 PM

My bad... Sorry:eek:(not sure if serious)

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 06:40 PM
dafuq did you just say ?

you better talk respectfully, alright ? this is a respectable forum where people are strict and serious, you little parasite....

O_O

mhg87
02-23-2013, 06:44 PM
It has to do with the heat generated by the massive size of his balls.

RatonhnhakeFan
This can only be solved in mud wrestling :rolleyes:

UrDeviant1
My bad... Sorry:eek:(not sure if serious)

Lol. I forgot to [insert sarcasm]. At ease soldier!

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 06:45 PM
O_O
Joking seriously...

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 06:45 PM
It has to do with the heat generated by the massive size of his balls.

I'm willing to accept this answer.

dogziler
02-23-2013, 06:46 PM
as long as the temperature isnt elow about 20 degrees, he wont get frostbite, and a bit of cold never hurt anybody.

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm willing to accept this answer.

Yes,it sounds pretty logical to me..:confused:

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Joking seriously...

Enough of this tomfoolery. Time to get serious.

LightRey
02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
And you are an expert on that?
I never said I was. However, I'm well-read enough to be aware of several studies on the matter, and to me the information was more than convincing enough. I was merely passing it on. I do not expect any of you to take my word for it, just know that it'll take more than practical experience or particular examples to convince me.

I tend to disagree cause i have all kinds of practical experiences about the cold weather and surviving in extreme conditions so you can assume whatever you like:cool:
Again, practical experience does not make you an expert (according to my definition of the term), and being an expert is kindof a necessity for reliable knowledge.

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Yes,it sounds pretty logical to me..:confused:

Well technically, if he did have very large testicles they probably would generate a lot of heat. Maybe >_>

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 06:53 PM
as long as the temperature isnt elow about 20 degrees, he wont get frostbite, and a bit of cold never hurt anybody.

Yes the cold does not cancel you at that exact moment but you get very sick very soon if you run out there with no shirt on believe me! and actually it can hurt you in real life if you are taking this serious?

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes the cold does not cancel you at that exact moment but you get very sick very soon if you run out there with no shirt on believe me! and actually it can hurt you in real life if you are taking this serious?

My immense testicles will keep me warm.

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 07:04 PM
My immense testicles will keep me warm.

:(:rolleyes:

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 07:11 PM

:(:rolleyes:

Didn't mean to derail your thread. Continue.

SaintPerkele
02-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Okay, my time to shine as a smartass :D

"Why doesn't he die when he free falls from thousands of feet into a small cart of Hay ?"
Because the Assassins developed a secret trick that bends the laws of physics and gravity known as the Leap of Faith.
"Why are guards telepathic in this DLC ?"
They are attracted by the battlenoises and the screams of their fallen fellow guards.
"Why does he have Wolf powers ?"
Because he drank some magic tea and visited the spirit world? Come on, this is explained in the DLC and I'm sure we'll even get an explanation for all this supernatural stuff :D
"Why is he invisible ?"
Same here.
"Why is it that when wolves attack, there`re strange button press prompts ?"
It's the way the Animus interface simplifies Connor reacting correctly in quick and difficult situations.
"Why doesn't he sweat during summer ?"
Because he spent his whole childhood in the wilderness and is thus used to extreme temperatues.
"Why isn't he dead when he was pierced CLEAN through with an unpointed, unedged piece of wood ?"
Because no internal organs were hurt and only minor bleeding occured.
"Why do Guards die from being kicked ?"
They are kicked against walls, which results in their spines or neck breaking.
"Why don't the lakes freeze ?"
Most of the lakes are connected to streams or small rivers and are thus always moving. These lakes need much colder temperatures to freeze. Same applies to big lakes. Only small, still waters will freeze at temperatures just under 0°C,
"Why doesn't the rope split when Ezio ziplines ?"
Because it is reinforced with metal wires or just a really thick rope? Also, the Assassins probably replace the ziplines now and then.
"Why does Connor never get tired after he runs hundreds of miles ?"
He does in reality, but due to the Animus, this can be simulated.
"Why don't tree branches break ?"
Most somewhat bigger tree branches are able to carry heavier weight for a short amount of time. Also, American wood is much harder than wood elsewhere.
"Why doesn't Connor slip when walking on icy ground ?"
Was there any icy ground in ACIII except for the Northwest Passage? And also.. because he is fantastic at free running and thus at holding balance.
"and WHY, FOR GOD`S SAKE, DOES JOHNSON HIT CONNOR WITH A RIFLE BUTT ???"
Because Ubisoft used a really bad way to turn the previously nice partners of Haytham into the typical cruel, hateful Templar scum - at least until the memory corridor scenes. And.. because he, eh.. wants to frighten Connor?

There you go, M :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 08:02 PM
There you go, M :rolleyes:
now I can die in peace...

BATISTABUS
02-23-2013, 08:10 PM
He's got that bear fur.

andreja110s
02-23-2013, 08:11 PM
*cough* Iceman *cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=madoDvtKEes

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 08:20 PM
*cough* Iceman *cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=madoDvtKEes

Lolololol... Thats nice and where the perkele comes from?

andreja110s
02-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Thats nice and where the perkele comes from?

The Netherlands I think

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 08:35 PM
The Netherlands I think

No! PERKELE is a Finnish word(cursing)like **** or god ****...

andreja110s
02-23-2013, 08:47 PM
No! PERKELE is a Finnish word(cursing)like **** or god ****...

Yes, I looked in Wikipedia xD. But I still thought you wanted to know where he comes from xD

SixKeys
02-23-2013, 08:55 PM
"Perkele" is a Finnish swear word.

Paribissee
02-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Yes, I looked in Wikipedia xD. But I still thought you wanted to know where he comes from xD

WTF??:eek:

andreja110s
02-23-2013, 09:08 PM
WTF??:eek:

Now I am confused. xD What did you ask? xD

SaintPerkele
02-23-2013, 11:00 PM
So now we discuss me? Yeah, it's a finnish swearword, but I'm German ;)

ZeldaEmblem
02-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Fixed :rolleyes:

Really??

But I've always thought you are a girl .... :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
02-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Really??

But I've always thought you are a girl .... :rolleyes:
That`s what we thought too...

Until we discovered....

roostersrule2
02-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Really??

But I've always thought you are a girl .... :rolleyes:Nah he is just gay Ratohnhake:ton.

I Emerge I
02-24-2013, 10:15 PM
I want him to take more clothes off.

I-Like-Pie45
02-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Why isn't he freezing to death in scantily clad pelts when even those ordinary citizens he seeks to save in their fancy dress clothes will freese?

BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL!

Paribissee
03-13-2013, 06:36 AM
I just played it yesterday and it bothers me he goes out there in winter whit no shirt on cause we have same kind of weathers over here now... -10 And wind and snow and no way im going out with no shirt on unless i want pneumonia in no time:nonchalance:

Aphex_Tim
03-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Probably cause he's too sexy for his shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk

pirate1802
03-13-2013, 07:27 AM
because he's Ratonhnhake "The awesome" ton.

..nuff said.

VitaminsXYZ
03-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Probably cause he's too sexy for his shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk

The only acceptable answer.

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 08:21 AM

Ive never seen any Assassin eat at that ?

pirate1802
03-13-2013, 08:24 AM

..And this opens up a can of worms of what other things we never saw any assassin do..

Paribissee
03-13-2013, 08:41 AM

Thats right you just have not seen him eat but you can clearly see he has no shirt on in the middle of the winter:rolleyes:

Maybe he eats while the loading screen is on...

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Thats right you just have not seen him eat but you can clearly see he has no shirt on in the middle of the winter:rolleyes:

Maybe he eats while the loading screen is on...

Which would explain the annoying loading screens true purpose lol !!

ArabianFrost
03-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Why is he invisible ?

As Ubisoft would, the Animus.

Paribissee
03-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Which would explain the annoying loading screens true purpose lol !!

This!:p