PDA

View Full Version : I returned to this game, and this is what I found...

Charity Diary
02-23-2013, 05:23 AM
After a long absence, I returned to this game. And what do I find?

Teams of Riflemen abusing their under-barrel grenade launchers and teams of Scouts abusing stun mines.

Can't play a single match without 75% of the players exploiting some gimmick or something. This game's turned into crap, where instead of using equipment as equipment, that's all players can do anymore. People only use their frag launcher + resupply, or they just put 10 stun mines all over the map and camp back in their spawn.

Yeah. Great.

In the beginning, I didn't have much against these gimmicks... but now I think that they should be left out of the sequel, if there is one. Because I think we've now learned that if you give players something they'll abuse, they'll end up ONLY using that, and abusing the heck out of it.

Agree?

SolidSage
02-23-2013, 05:43 AM
Not really. Because Scouts run around throwing EMP's and disabling the stun mines and the re-supply's don't let you resupply grenades and toobs that often.

What I have noticed is that it's a lot easier to get into unbalanced matches these days if you're running with Randy. When you get on a team that doesn't have a clue against a team that's sorted, well, lets just say it hits ludicrous speed real quick.

Still loving the shiz out of the MP though. I play with friends more often than not though. The tactical level in this game is so good. Really offers some great team play opportunities. Makes it hard to not get frustrated with the rookies though, the spot they're filling is important and they needs to do their job.

reaper1032
02-23-2013, 06:33 AM
lmao. The game hasn't changed one bit. In fact I think it got better since I didn't see your threads floating around with nothing but pointless whining about who killed who with what. There are counters for all of those and it's called good teamwork. Theres no need for you children to get yet another perfectly fine piece of equipment nerfed to pointless status.

Phoenixmgs
02-23-2013, 09:17 AM
After a long absence, I returned to this game. And what do I find?

Teams of Riflemen abusing their under-barrel grenade launchers and teams of Scouts abusing stun mines.

Can't play a single match without 75% of the players exploiting some gimmick or something. This game's turned into crap, where instead of using equipment as equipment, that's all players can do anymore. People only use their frag launcher + resupply, or they just put 10 stun mines all over the map and camp back in their spawn.

Yeah. Great.

In the beginning, I didn't have much against these gimmicks... but now I think that they should be left out of the sequel, if there is one. Because I think we've now learned that if you give players something they'll abuse, they'll end up ONLY using that, and abusing the heck out of it.

Agree?

You forgot the BACKSCATTER + frag + noobtube combo, and then refill with the ammo box. That's all you see in squad matches, it's pathetic.

lmao. The game hasn't changed one bit. In fact I think it got better since I didn't see your threads floating around with nothing but pointless whining about who killed who with what. There are counters for all of those and it's called good teamwork. Theres no need for you children to get yet another perfectly fine piece of equipment nerfed to pointless status.

There's no counter to the backscatter. As you can see below, nerfing is not needed, you just need to eliminate the spamming of said equipment.

-----

Here's how you fix the game:

- Remove the backscatter.

- Noobtubes. They are cheap, but the biggest issue with them is the ammo box, you shouldn't be able to get explosives back and you definitely shouldn't be able to have a noobtube and an ammo box especially when it refills explosives; it is completely asinine that the decision point is between the EMP launcher (not noobtube) and ammo box, whoever decided that should be drug out into the the street and shot (just like the inventor of the XMAS tree - Garfield reference). Scouts and Engineers shouldn't get noobtubes as secondaries, another beyond dumb idea.

- Claymores and Stun Mines. Scouts should only get 1, not 2.

- OTR scanner. It should have a 2-3 second lock-on or you have to hit the player with a bullet for it to detect an enemy.

- Data Hacking. Only an engineer with a field computer should be able to hack.

- Fix the netcode. This is the only shooter where my 1st 2-3 bullets don't count on a regular basis.

The problem with this game is that every class is too powerful and can do too much. Scouts with stun mines/clays and noobtubes, and they can hack. Engineers with Spidey sense, sensors, noobtubes, fast data hacking and objective capturing. Rifleman seeing through walls with noobtubes, frags, ammo boxes, and can stun and hack. Heck, a sniper scout is just basically a rifleman with claymores because sniper rifles in this game are just semi-auto assault rifles. A game like this should make a player specialize much more. If you want to data hack, that's fine, but you suck at everything else. If you want a noobtube, fine, you can't refill it and your gun performs noticeably worse, it should at least take a few seconds to switch to the noobtube (like Warfighter) so you need some premeditation prior to using it (just like shooters shouldn't have grenade buttons either). Stuff like that needs to be done. The equipment isn't overpowered in itself, it's the spamming of it that is the problem. Even the backscatter MIGHT be OK if an EMP permanently disabled it plus it would scan every 2-3 seconds so you aren't literally seeing the enemies moving around in real time. I never got why an EMP only lasts like 10 seconds.

Hortey
02-23-2013, 09:32 AM
The game was never anything BUT gimmicks. The "teamwork" was working together to pull people out of the gimmicks of others, as I said a long time ago there is a difference between restricting how much of an action hero people can be so they need to work together to cover each other and giving everyone superhuman abilities and mechanics to gib then having to work together to get pulled out of stuns and whatnot.

I miss ghost recon 1/2.

Charity Diary
02-23-2013, 10:21 AM
You forgot the BACKSCATTER + frag + noobtube combo, and then refill with the ammo box. That's all you see in squad matches, it's pathetic.

There's no counter to the backscatter. As you can see below, nerfing is not needed, you just need to eliminate the spamming of said equipment.

-----

Here's how you fix the game:

- Remove the backscatter.

- Noobtubes. They are cheap, but the biggest issue with them is the ammo box, you shouldn't be able to get explosives back and you definitely shouldn't be able to have a noobtube and an ammo box especially when it refills explosives; it is completely asinine that the decision point is between the EMP launcher (not noobtube) and ammo box, whoever decided that should be drug out into the the street and shot (just like the inventor of the XMAS tree - Garfield reference). Scouts and Engineers shouldn't get noobtubes as secondaries, another beyond dumb idea.

- Claymores and Stun Mines. Scouts should only get 1, not 2.

- OTR scanner. It should have a 2-3 second lock-on or you have to hit the player with a bullet for it to detect an enemy.

- Data Hacking. Only an engineer with a field computer should be able to hack.

- Fix the netcode. This is the only shooter where my 1st 2-3 bullets don't count on a regular basis.

The problem with this game is that every class is too powerful and can do too much. Scouts with stun mines/clays and noobtubes, and they can hack. Engineers with Spidey sense, sensors, noobtubes, fast data hacking and objective capturing. Rifleman seeing through walls with noobtubes, frags, ammo boxes, and can stun and hack. Heck, a sniper scout is just basically a rifleman with claymores because sniper rifles in this game are just semi-auto assault rifles. A game like this should make a player specialize much more. If you want to data hack, that's fine, but you suck at everything else. If you want a noobtube, fine, you can't refill it and your gun performs noticeably worse, it should at least take a few seconds to switch to the noobtube (like Warfighter) so you need some premeditation prior to using it (just like shooters shouldn't have grenade buttons either). Stuff like that needs to be done. The equipment isn't overpowered in itself, it's the spamming of it that is the problem. Even the backscatter MIGHT be OK if an EMP permanently disabled it plus it would scan every 2-3 seconds so you aren't literally seeing the enemies moving around in real time. I never got why an EMP only lasts like 10 seconds.

I agree with a lot of this, but I do disagree with some of it.

I'd like to add this to your noobtube suggestion: The noobtube frags shouldn't knock you down. They should be like the UCAV grenade, where it doesn't knock you down, but as powerful as the thrown frag is now. That way, you can kill someone with it who's behind cover, but you have to aim it precisely to land it directly beside them. You can't just shoot it around a corner and knock 3 people down before proceeding to shoot all of them while they're vulnerable.

-In my opinion, set-and-forget claymores and stun mines have no place in a tactical game. I suggest replacing them with C4 and remote-detonated sleep gas mines, and people can still have two of either one of those. If the claymores and stun mines are going to stay, then decrease the loadout amount to ONE, and find some way to make them more visible. Make the lasers longer, or make them emit a sound, or something. I don't have time to check around every corner, or on every set of stairs, or in every blade of grass for a claymore!

-OTR scanner is fine, really. If there was a 2-3 second lock-on time, then it would be useless. Besides, it doesn't help that much anyway. You just appear on people's screens for a second or two. I do think that you should have to press RB to mark people with it though...

-Data Hacking... I'm not sure how I would change your suggestion to arrive at mine, but I play an LMG Rifleman with frag and ammo box. My Stun Gun is my primary weapon, but I'll switch to my LMG or throw a frag if I need to snipe someone who's hacking the objective. I use my ammo box primarily to resupply ammo for my Stun Gun. I don't think that's considered "too powerful", and I'd like to be able to continue playing that way.

Phoenixmgs
02-23-2013, 01:27 PM
I agree with a lot of this, but I do disagree with some of it.

I'd like to add this to your noobtube suggestion: The noobtube frags shouldn't knock you down. They should be like the UCAV grenade, where it doesn't knock you down, but as powerful as the thrown frag is now. That way, you can kill someone with it who's behind cover, but you have to aim it precisely to land it directly beside them. You can't just shoot it around a corner and knock 3 people down before proceeding to shoot all of them while they're vulnerable.

-In my opinion, set-and-forget claymores and stun mines have no place in a tactical game. I suggest replacing them with C4 and remote-detonated sleep gas mines, and people can still have two of either one of those. If the claymores and stun mines are going to stay, then decrease the loadout amount to ONE, and find some way to make them more visible. Make the lasers longer, or make them emit a sound, or something. I don't have time to check around every corner, or on every set of stairs, or in every blade of grass for a claymore!

-OTR scanner is fine, really. If there was a 2-3 second lock-on time, then it would be useless. Besides, it doesn't help that much anyway. You just appear on people's screens for a second or two. I do think that you should have to press RB to mark people with it though...

-Data Hacking... I'm not sure how I would change your suggestion to arrive at mine, but I play an LMG Rifleman with frag and ammo box. My Stun Gun is my primary weapon, but I'll switch to my LMG or throw a frag if I need to snipe someone who's hacking the objective. I use my ammo box primarily to resupply ammo for my Stun Gun. I don't think that's considered "too powerful", and I'd like to be able to continue playing that way.

- I just wish you could stay prone from a frag or noobtube knockback, instead of being forced to get up like an idiot. Metal Gear Online did that, and it was great.

- I don't mind set and forget mines. However, there should be a piece of equipment that detects mines, most games have something that'll see traps, you'd have to give up your equipment slot obviously. That makes the game more team oriented too, players specializing in something. It would make sense for the scout to have the mine detector for example so if you have balanced team, a scout with mines and a scout with the mine detector, that means less mines on the map.

- OTR scanner is pretty cheap as you can just scan across the battlefield (scope in and move the left and right, I did that to do a few Intel assist challenges, worked better than hacking lol) and light up the whole enemy team, which is pretty huge especially at the start of the match when everyone is rushing for key map spots. Maybe not 2-3 second lock-on, but at least 1 second or hit the enemy with a bullet (that's how it worked in Metal Gear Online). At least have a noticeable affect on the gun if you are going to keep it the same, there has to be some downside to using it as right now there is almost no reason not to put it on your gun if you're a scout. Exacto ammo has it's pros and cons for example.

- The ammo box is too powerful because it resupplies explosives, and you can have a noobtube and an ammo box, that allows for the spamming of explosives. Couple that with the backscatter, and that is some broken ****. The rifleman class is so overpowered in this game. And a class like rifleman shouldn't be able to hack either. You should have to specialize more in this game, scout stuns an enemy with a stun mine and an engineer has to come over to do the hack. Or you as a rifleman stun someone, you need an engineer for the hack. There is literally nothing a rifleman can't do in this game, there has to be some kind of drawback to any class.

BS PALADIN
02-23-2013, 02:46 PM
+1

After the first month of GRAW I never played in one room that had Drones enabled. That should have spoken volumes.

PREDITOR OPS
02-23-2013, 08:29 PM
This game is about equipment warfare. No one wants to have to ask someone to watch their back they would rather just put some equipment down to do it. But people are defending their precious equipment but the they got their equipment game and now no one plays it. The problem is specialization They have to make three classes then they have to balance the classes based on the guns, health and equipment that each class gets. If just give us characters withe equal health and all the guns then that means you do not have to balance the game with OP equipment and abilities. The equipment does not have to be OP to balance classes anymore. Equipment will be small support not a game deciding factor

Charity Diary
02-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Don't expect it to get removed for the sequel, prepare yourself for killstreaks or intel streaks or someother instant candy reward to keep the kids happy.The devs are frustrated CoD wannabes and so is their game.

This is what I hate about video games now. There isn't a single adversarial multiplayer game that comes out that doesn't try to directly copy Call of Duty. Future Soldier kind of went their own direction, and that's why it's been my favorite multiplayer game... But if they integrate kill-streaks and death-streaks and intel-streaks and stuff like that, I'm done with it. Games can't keep catering to the lowest common denominator like this, it's ruining the industry.

Bl4ckD3tH
02-24-2013, 12:24 AM
This is what I hate about video games now. There isn't a single adversarial multiplayer game that comes out that doesn't try to directly copy Call of Duty. Future Soldier kind of went their own direction, and that's why it's been my favorite multiplayer game... But if they integrate kill-streaks and death-streaks and intel-streaks and stuff like that, I'm done with it. Games can't keep catering to the lowest common denominator like this, it's ruining the industry.

They are the highest common denominator. Ppl like me that loved ogr and the 1st 3 rainbow six are in the minority

Charity Diary
02-24-2013, 06:33 AM
They are the highest common denominator. Ppl like me that loved ogr and the 1st 3 rainbow six are in the minority

Lowest common denominator = majority
Majority = CoD lovers
CoD lovers = love killstreaks and gimmicks

Therefore, lowest common denominator = people who love killstreaks and gimmicks

reaper1032
02-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Majority = CoD lovers

Ubi will throw GR out of the window and add killstreaks when you shut up about something being overpowered for at least 1 thread post. That'll never happen.

reaper1032
02-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Majority = CoD lovers

Ubi will throw GR out of the window and add killstreaks when you shut up about something being overpowered for at least 1 thread post. That'll never happen.

Even the thought of killstreaks and perks in GR is just absurd. Will never happen. Never going to happen.

BS PALADIN
02-24-2013, 07:48 PM
At one time it would have been unthinkable to see a Ghost Recon game with regenerating health and no custom rooms. Kill streaks and perks are coming.

PREDITOR OPS
02-24-2013, 09:03 PM
I bet when they add kill streaks or intel streaks or equipment streaks people like you are going to defend it and say it takes true teamwork and there is a counter for it.

karl1again
02-24-2013, 10:19 PM
At one time it would have been unthinkable to see a Ghost Recon game with regenerating health and no custom rooms. Kill streaks and perks are coming.

What happened to not posting here anymore?

Charity Diary
02-25-2013, 01:21 AM
I bet when they add kill streaks or intel streaks or equipment streaks people like you are going to defend it and say it takes true teamwork and there is a counter for it.

Yeah, I was gonna post something about him constantly S-ing Ubisoft's D, but I didn't want to get banned.

reaper1032
02-25-2013, 02:06 AM

Wrong again. I would think it's all BS and would just give up the GR series. I hate call of duty with a passion because that game has no counters. I was talking to cod fanboys about it and said how am i supposed to counter spawning and seconds later be blown to bits because someone camped in a corner and got a airstrike of some sort. They replied saying "look where your going dumba**". GOW judgment ruined GOW by pulling out all traditional gameplay to be more mainstream. GOW is one of my favorite franchises and i wasnt ignorant to say it'll be fun to remove all core unique gameplay mechanics. So screw any kind of streaks.

reaper1032
02-25-2013, 02:10 AM
Yeah, I was gonna post something about him constantly S-ing Ubisoft's D, but I didn't want to get banned.

Not sucking ubi D if I'm correct about all the counters. And you would only get banned if youve been getting infractions. Figures your iq on forums.

reaper1032
02-25-2013, 02:17 AM
It already has got perks. Think of the choices you make as you unlock equipment based on XP.

It already has a reward system similar to kill streaks with the data hack.

i agree with you though. It is absurd, but the game already jumped the shark.

Seriously? lol what? Equipment is not perks. Last time i checked you dont get an OTR scanner, jammer, med kit and so on in cod streaks. Almost all of it helps the team anyways. The intel loop system is in no way similar to cod. It's one of the first of its kind encourages teamwork and rewards you with intel, xp, and more stuns and hacks to flank the enemy and keep them off objectives that produce even more xp. It's a perfect loop imo.

PREDITOR OPS
02-25-2013, 02:59 AM
Wrong again. I would think it's all BS and would just give up the GR series. I hate call of duty with a passion because that game has no counters. I was talking to cod fanboys about it and said how am i supposed to counter spawning and seconds later be blown to bits because someone camped in a corner and got a airstrike of some sort. They replied saying "look where your going dumba**". GOW judgment ruined GOW by pulling out all traditional gameplay to be more mainstream. GOW is one of my favorite franchises and i wasnt ignorant to say it'll be fun to remove all core unique gameplay mechanics. So screw any kind of streaks. To me you like having the ability to have your special abilities without earning them. I would almost rather them making sensor nades a point streak rather then just giving every noob and there mom two free passes to not have to check your corners.

Seriously? lol what? Equipment is not perks. Last time i checked you dont get an OTR scanner, jammer, med kit and so on in cod streaks. Almost all of it helps the team anyways. The intel loop system is in no way similar to cod. It's one of the first of its kind encourages teamwork and rewards you with intel, xp, and more stuns and hacks to flank the enemy and keep them off objectives that produce even more xp. It's a perfect loop imo.
The equipment is like a continuous killstreak. It would be like COD having a perk that allows you to have two advanced UAV's everytime you spawn.Or having a sentry gun every time you spawn or having a uav jammer everytime you spawn. The intel loop is sad and just make people look better then they really are. True team work and not the crap your talking about I mean true team work covers the map. We use our eyes and communication as our sensor grenades. We label things on the map so the team knows what we are talking about. We cover our own areas with no help from a mine or a camera or any equipment that makes it easy. true teamwork needs no equipment to get the job done. So stop saying that engaging in this equipment warfare is true teamwork. Just say you like the toys and leave it at that.

Bl4ckD3tH
02-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Majority = CoD lovers

More people play cod making them the highest denomination, thus why all shooters copy cod

Charity Diary
02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
More people play cod making them the highest denomination, thus why all shooters copy cod

Dude. You're not understanding me. Not DENOMINATION.

DENOMINATOR.

If you have 1/4, 2/8, 3/12, and 4/16, 1/4 would be the lowest common DENOMINATOR, and you could express all the other fractions in terms of that one.

That's what I'm referring to here. Game developers are using CoD players as the lowest common denominator (since they're the largest demographic (stupid people = largest demographic)), and they make their games to cater to them.

To most developers, video games are just a business now. They'll tailor their product to fit the needs of the largest demographic (people who don't care about games), simply because it's more likely to sell to more people. And that's when you get games like CoD. These games offend people that take pride in the potential for uniqueness that video games have to offer, because the developers are exploiting an incredible art medium just to make a quick buck, and people are buying it! I remember when developers wanted video games to be amazing. Now they just want to sell them.

BUDDHA DRAGON
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
i guess we can't be too hard on companies wanting to make money, but we can definitely criticise what ubisoft did to the gr fan base. First they ripped us of for splinter cell to get a demo that was two years late, even though they knew it when they shipped it. Then they used the gr name on a decent enough game in its own right, but not gr. They also hid the lack of multiplayer customisation for as long as they could which was a disgraceful ploy.

exacatamundo!!
Hit the nail on the button!!
Ubishaft is a disgrace!!

http://www.ghostrecon.net/images-grfs/grfsmp.png