PDA

View Full Version : Strange wolves in ToKW

SixKeys
02-23-2013, 02:11 AM
I was on my way to the last bit of the DLC when I ran into a horse being attacked by some wolves. I thought I'd save the horse, so I jumped down and....noticed there was something different about these wolves. They weren't the same color as all the other ones, they looked more like the "spirit wolves" Connor met in the Sky World. Even weirder, they didn't attack me when I approached, just started walking away. (Saved the horse, anyway.) Maybe it's just a glitch, but I thought it was kind of cool having Connor be able to walk side by side with his spirit animal. :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/JessKat/AC3SP2013-02-2301-30-40-92_zps310ca946.png

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/JessKat/AC3SpiritWolf2Smaller_zpsdfa57ccd.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/JessKat/AC3SpiritWolf3Smaller_zpsbb3e7380.jpg

Also, this happened: I sent my invisible wolf pack to kill some soldiers. One of the soldiers glitched and couldn't be interacted with any longer. One of my wolves was still active but couldn't attack the guy. So all three of us just kind of stood there awkwardly. :p

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/JessKat/AC3SpiritWolf4Smaller_zps20a4fa04.jpg

nitres15
02-23-2013, 02:21 AM
easter egg maybe ?

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 02:29 AM
Or something that was cut ?

SixKeys
02-23-2013, 02:32 AM
Dunno, it would be interesting to see if more people could stumble upon these wolves. Sadly I don't remember where on the map they appeared. It might be random anyway.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 02:36 AM
Dunno, it would be interesting to see if more people could stumble upon these wolves. Sadly I don't remember where on the map they appeared. It might be random anyway.
I ran into it too...

There`s is also something similar, but it had no wolves. just a horse stranded on an Island in the middle of a river and you have to help him....no marker, no notification either.....i believe it`s an unmarked random event...like the shooting ones....sometimes I saw men or women running away with patriots aiming at them from trees, if you manage to kill the patriot before he shoots, the man will thank you and leave

SixKeys
02-23-2013, 02:43 AM
I ran into it too...

There`s is also something similar, but it had no wolves. just a horse stranded on an Island in the middle of a river and you have to help him....no marker, no notification either.....i believe it`s an unmarked random event...like the shooting ones....sometimes I saw men or women running away with patriots aiming at them from trees, if you manage to kill the patriot before he shoots, the man will thank you and leave

How are you supposed to help the horse? Just get on and ride him off the island?

A shame if these were meant to be proper random events that were cut. I'm getting sick of hungry citizens popping up everywhere. Would have been cool if Connor randomly ran into the spirit wolves here and there for no reason, like they were watching over him.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 02:50 AM
How are you supposed to help the horse? Just get on and ride him off the island?

A shame if these were meant to be proper random events that were cut. I'm getting sick of hungry citizens popping up everywhere. Would have been cool if Connor randomly ran into the spirit wolves here and there for no reason, like they were watching over him.
Yeah. Mo fo can actually make the jump xD i thought "you couldn't do it on your own ?" :P

But yeah, I hope the next episodes have better context and more variety in regards to random events...

ProletariatPleb
02-23-2013, 05:12 AM
I got these as well. But they weren't attacking, the horse and these wolves were just standing together, so I just got on my horse and went on my way, lol.

cmrggamer
02-23-2013, 05:42 AM
I found those wolves too, thought it was interesting that they didn't attack. I really like their color :)

Josegtx13
02-23-2013, 08:23 AM
I want to meet those wolves. :)

I've encountered a glitch were there is a man running away from an invisible enemy pursuer/s. He would keep looking back as if he's being chased by this pursuer/s, and I don't know whether is a wolf or a blue-coat as there is no one behind him.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 08:29 AM
I want to meet those wolves. :)

I've encountered a glitch were there is a man running away from an invisible enemy pursuer/s. He would keep looking back as if he's being chased by this pursuer/s, and I don't know whether is a wolf or a blue-coat as there is no one behind him.
That`s someone who was lucky to get missed by tree shooters....

I encountered those myself. They start running and a shooter might shoot and hit or miss, in the case of the latter, they keep running away hysterically for ever and who can blame them ? xD

catkiller97
02-23-2013, 08:38 AM
^ lol nothing is bug everything is a feature :p

Josegtx13
02-23-2013, 08:42 AM
That`s someone who was lucky to get missed by tree shooters....

I encountered those myself. They start running and a shooter might shoot and hit or miss, in the case of the latter, they keep running away hysterically for ever and who can blame them ? xD

Really? lol

I've encountered them before, and saved them too. Afterwards they'll even thank me. But in these particular cases there were no shooters around.

I guess I've missed one of those random events and now he's just non-stop running in panic-mode :P

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Really? lol

I've encountered them before, and saved them too. Afterwards they'll even thank me. But in these particular cases there were no shooters around.

I guess I've missed one of those random events and now he's just non-stop running in panic-mode :P
The event actually renders pretty far. You might even hear a gunshot from far away, but like I said, if he missed, the guy will just continue running like crazy

Josegtx13
02-23-2013, 09:04 AM
The event actually renders pretty far. You might even hear a gunshot from far away, but like I said, if he missed, the guy will just continue running like crazy

I did hear some shots before I met this guy running crazy. I just thought it was some blue-coats who shot some wolves as I've seen them do before.

Anyways I really want to meet these non-hostile wolves. They look badass.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 09:06 AM
I did hear some shots before I met this guy running crazy. I just thought it was some blue-coats who shot some wolves as I've seen them do before.

Anyways I really want to meet these non-hostile wolves. They look badass.
That Wolf thingy is usually at a shallow river. the event itself occurs on a small land in this river...

Josegtx13
02-23-2013, 09:11 AM
That Wolf thingy is usually at a shallow river. the event itself occurs on a small land in this river...

I will take a look in locations that have shallow rivers then.

Thanks for the tip :)

UrDeviant1
02-23-2013, 09:59 AM
I run everywhere and still haven't came across this. Would be good to know where it actually occurs.

pacmanate
02-23-2013, 02:42 PM
GIESE I ALSO GOT THE ONE WHERE THE GIESE WERE GONNA BE EXECUTED AND I LET THEM DIE.

The End.

xbox360gamer89
02-23-2013, 10:38 PM
GIESE I ALSO GOT THE ONE WHERE THE GIESE WERE GONNA BE EXECUTED AND I LET THEM DIE.

The End.

what?