PDA

View Full Version : Aveline was supposed to be Connor's love interest, but...

FirestarLuva
02-22-2013, 10:50 PM
http://raptr.com/UbiGabe/news/5125780515d40ed291/raptr-q-a-assassins-creed

At some point are we going to see Aveline from Assassin's creed 3 liberations play some sort of role with Conner in this DLC or upcoming DLC? We have never seen her appearence on Assassin's Creed 3 yet with Conner on the xbox. We know that she has some sort of relation to Conner with the fact that she has eagle vision only possessed from the interbreeding from the God like creatures from a previous time.

It's fun that you would mention Aveline! Early on in the pre-production of the DLC, we explored the idea of giving Connor a love interest, and she was naturally a front runner for the role... cross-overs are always fun, and she was already an established character... at the time, it seemed a match made in heaven... but ultimately, when we really starting exploring both characters' motivations and personalities, we realized it was something that couldn't work out and we dropped the idea.

Aw, man. What a shame! :(
I really think Aveline would be a great love interest to Connor, even if they're 9 years apart. :/
Hopefully, in the next game, if there is one. They did say whenever a love interest for Connor was mentioned Aveline was the fist choice naturally.

Assassin_M
02-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Eh....I don't really like older women-younger men relationships....especially with Connor...with Ezio it seemed applicable. I dunno, with Connor, he just needs a soul younger than him....the guy is going to be the best husband a woman could wish for...at least that`s how I see it

Kaschra
02-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Nooooo :(

But at least it's nice to see that Aveline was their first choice for a love interest.
I really hope they think about it again, if Connor gets another game. Connor and Aveline as a pairing is quiet popular after all.

FirestarLuva
02-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Nooooo :(

But at least it's nice to see that Aveline was their first choice for a love interest.
I really hope they think about it again, if Connor gets another game. Connor and Aveline as a pairing is quiet popular after all.

They are aware of it. There was this awesome Connor/Aveline fan art that Gabe posted on his blog so he does appreciate it.
I didn't quite get the part where he said they couldn't get together because of their motivations. Did he mean Connor's motivations in this DLC (since they also hinted in this Q&A that Connor might go mad, so there's no point for a love interest) or his motivations over all. He did say he'd want to settle with a woman when all is finished, but he also promised to make Achilles proud so I guess he'll still be busy. Who knows, since this DLC will influence Connor's life experience, there might be a hint at the end what he'll do next.
Personality-wise, Aveline does have trusting issues, which only worsened at the end of ACL, but she did open up to Connor, at least a little bit when they first met.
If they see Aveline as an important character, like they said, then we might see her again with a Connor if there is to be a new game. They're just to good not to be together. Aveline has a very good build-up as a character and she'd be much better, character background and development-wise than any other female that might show up later.
And I agree with M on Connor being the best husband ever. In some of the Homestead missions and interactive conversations you find out about Connor's views on many things about love, marriage and kids. Those little things made me love Connor's character even more. :3

dxsxhxcx
02-22-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm glad they dropped the idea, IMO they have too much in common (the Assassin cause) to be together, I see Connor with someone that has nothing to do with the Assassins, someone similar to Sofia (but much more interesting, please!) for example...

TheHumanTowel
02-22-2013, 11:33 PM
I liked the fact that we didn't have a love interest in AC3 so I'm glad the devs are wary about having romance subplot and making sure it would suit the characters instead of shoving one in just to have it there.

Sushiglutton
02-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Here's another interesting reply from that thread:

Q: In AC3 is Desmond dead, alive or trapped? Sorry for spoilers for those who haven't completed the game as of yet.
A (AC_Dev_HugoG): Our story takes place after the end of AC3.... so I will say Desmond's "state" at the end of AC3 is the same at the beginning of the DLC ;-).

So in other words Hugo refuses to confirm which "state" Desmond is in. Kind of weird to me.

Assassin_M
02-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Here's another interesting reply from that thread:

Q: In AC3 is Desmond dead, alive or trapped? Sorry for spoilers for those who haven't completed the game as of yet.
A (AC_Dev_HugoG): Our story takes place after the end of AC3.... so I will say Desmond's "state" at the end of AC3 is the same at the beginning of the DLC ;-).

So in other words Hugo refuses to confirm which "state" Desmond is in. Kind of weird to me.
So...he`s still charred on the floor ?

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 12:05 AM
So...he`s still charred on the floor ?

Hehe ;)! Perhaps I'm reading too much into this. To me it was very clear Desmond was dead at the end of AC3. I thought Ubi wanted it to be clear he was dead so that they could start over. That's why Hugo's response is so confusing to me.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Hehe ;)! Perhaps I'm reading too much into this. To me it was very clear Desmond was dead at the end of AC3. I thought Ubi wanted it to be clear he was dead so that they could start over. That's why Hugo's response is so confusing to me.
Well...Maybe he IS dead, but not this world`s dead....Maybe he`s dead, but they`re still using his memories ? What I mean to say is...that he`s dead, but alive...No...He`s still being used, albeit being dead....It`s confusing :|

Kaschra
02-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Well...Maybe he IS dead, but not this world`s dead....Maybe he`s dead, but they`re still using his memories ? What I mean to say is...that he`s dead, but alive...No...He`s still being used, albeit being dead....It`s confusing :|
Haha, oh man... Ubisoft, why do you make this so confusing? :I

*TOKW Spoiler*

Regarding how Haytham died in the DLC Universe:

If you find Lucid Memory Artifacts and then interact with the Ghost Connor in every episode, you'll get closer to an answer to that question!

Well... at least something.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Haha, oh man... Ubisoft, why do you make this so confusing? :I

*TOKW Spoiler*

Regarding how Haytham died in the DLC Universe:

Well... at least something.
He also said that many returning characters from AC III will have roles impossible to have been for them in the original game....

Templars being Assassins and teaming up with Connor ?? I dunno..something like...Your father was our mentor and you shall succeed him...I`d like a teaming with Charles Lee and/or Pitcairn....

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 12:24 AM
The big Connor fangirl that I am, I was initially excited to have Aveline as a possible love interest but for some reason I... couldn't feel the chemistry. LOL So I'm glad they dropped it. Connor needs a different personality girl. I dunno what kind though... Maybe someone who would piss him off all the time! XD

Speaking of Connor I tried to read some of the responses there but there were so many... Did they mention anything about Connor's future?? *sobs*

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 12:26 AM

Lol yeah there are more than two states (dead/alive) in the AC lore. I have a feeling Desmond may return in some form in future games. Maybe like a new S16, or like a guide or something.

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 12:27 AM
The big Connor fangirl that I am, I was initially excited to have Aveline as a possible love interest but for some reason I... couldn't feel the chemistry. LOL So I'm glad they dropped it. Connor needs a different personality girl. I dunno what kind though... Maybe someone who would piss him off all the time! XD

Speaking of Connor I tried to read some of the responses there but there were so many... Did they mention anything about Connor's future?? *sobs*

They said that because not a single fan seemed to like Connor, they had to skip him for future games.

SuperLoboMau 25
02-23-2013, 12:29 AM
They would be a interesting couple even with difference of age. Connor seems very mature for age.

Kaschra
02-23-2013, 12:30 AM
He also said that many returning characters from AC III will have roles impossible to have been for them in the original game....

Templars being Assassins and teaming up with Connor ?? I dunno..something like...Your father was our mentor and you shall succeed him...I`d like a teaming with Charles Lee and/or Pitcairn....

Connor teaming up with Charles Lee would be the best thing ever. If that really happens, I'll laugh myself to death xD

Assassin_M
They said that because not a single fan seemed to like Connor, they had to skip him for future games.
well played, bro xD

Assassin_M
connor teaming up with charles lee would be the best thing ever. If that really happens, i'll laugh myself to death xd
stop him, leeeeeeeeee !!!!

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Is this true or are you making this up? Anyone else can confirm this please?? (There is a myriad of Connor fans out there! What is this about??)

Sushiglutton
02-23-2013, 12:35 AM
well played, bro xD

What can I say, I have learned from the world's top instigator ;)

Is this true or are you making this up? Anyone else can confirm this please?? (There is a myriad of Connor fans out there! What is this about??)

Sorry couldn't help myself :p. They wouldn't comment on the future.

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Sorry couldn't help myself :p. They wouldn't comment on the future.
I wish I could cyber-slap you right now!! LOL

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Hahahahahaha xD

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 12:38 AM
What can I say, I have learned from the world's top instigator ;)

then you`v learned well...

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 12:39 AM

I posted something about this sometime ago, but i`ll post it here again.

Regarding Connor`s girl, It should be someone full of life. literally having life and joy bursting out of her that you can see blinding light whenever she`s around. Aveline and Connor`s lives are full of tragedies. tis plus tat would make for an even more sad story. Connor`s girl should be the complete opposite of his gloomy, depressed self. She should be funny, charming and all around loving....she should make Connor`s life bloom like a rose again, she`d give him the warmth he longed from his mother, the fun he never saw from his father and the love from a loving wife....

And then she dies in the end :|

Sushiglutton
I wish I could cyber-slap you right now!! LOL

I move too fast :cool:

silvermercy
Hahahahahaha xD
Oh you!! lol

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 12:42 AM

Regarding Connor`s girl, It should be someone full of life. literally having life and joy bursting out of her that you can see blinding light whenever she`s around. Aveline and Connor`s lives are full of tragedies. tis plus tat would make for an even more sad story. Connor`s girl should be the complete opposite of his gloomy, depressed self. She should be funny, charming and all around loving....she should make Connor`s life bloom like a rose again, she`d give him the warmth he longed from his mother, the fun he never saw from his father and the love from a loving wife....

And then she dies in the end :|
I was about to say a fun, giggly, flower-girl in my previous post!! lol
I agree with everything!
Except the dying part!
NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Uh uh! Not having it. (Okay, maybe he THINKS she's dead at some point? There.) :cool:

Spider_Sith9
02-23-2013, 12:51 AM

And then she dies in the end :|Imagine a Love-Triangle with Dobby and Eleanor... For some reason I want Connor to get into some Foe Yay with her. She makes me stand at attention.

But that would be cute. However I hope she doesn't die. It would feel like they pulled another Solid Snake. I'd be satisfied with her waking up with a crying Connor cradling her and she survives. :D

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 12:53 AM
Nah, I don't like Dobby either...I don't think a Woman of Violence should be Connor`s girl....

But yeah, regarding that dying part, I was joking:p

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 12:58 AM
Nah, I don't like Dobby either...I don't think a Woman of Violence should be Connor`s girl....

For some reason Aerith from FF7 sounds ideal to me! haha!

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 01:01 AM
For some reason Aerith from FF7 sounds ideal to me! haha!
Maybe....that works...

I`d just remove her being a hunter:p

Or maybe i`d leave it....they can go hunt rabbits together xD

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Maybe....that works...

I`d just remove her being a hunter:p

Or maybe i`d leave it....they can go hunt rabbits together xD
ahahaa!!

And hopefully, there are no bad guys or animals called Sephiroth lurking in the forest...

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 01:09 AM
ahahaa!!

And hopefully, there are no bad guys or animals called Sephiroth lurking in the forest...
then my "she dies" would become real :|

Kaschra
02-23-2013, 01:10 AM
Aerith dies too, so she would be perfect for Connor, seeing that all the first love interests of the assassins die :nonchalance:

silvermercy
02-23-2013, 01:12 AM
then my "she dies" would become real :|
:eek:
Ok, fine, no Aerith for Connor. Maybe Candy Candy. LOL Safest option I could find.

(checks to see if she dies, too... *scared now*)

SixKeys
02-23-2013, 02:27 AM
I kinda wished the tailor lady (forgot her name) from AC3 would become Connor's love interest, although they never developed her character much. She was abused by her husband and Connor is protective of those he loves, so it would be nice to see those two together.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Eh....I don't really like older women-younger men relationships...That's just because of our culture, let's be honest. In any case, 9 years ain't huge difference but I'm glad they didn't hook them up. They say it seemed natural, I say it would seem way too obvious and banal. "Ohh look, in Holidays 2012 we're releasing 2 AC games, 1 starring a guy, another a girl, well of course they will be together, they're male & female duh!". Having them be colleagues is much more refreshing. Both can perfectly have their own love interests in future.

SixKeys
02-23-2013, 02:47 AM
That's just because of our culture, let's be honest. In any case, 9 years ain't huge difference but I'm glad they didn't hook them up. They say it seemed natural, I say it would seem way too obvious and banal. "Ohh look, in Holidays 2012 we're releasing 2 AC games, 1 starring a guy, another a girl, well of course they will be together, they're male & female duh!". Having them be colleagues is much more refreshing. Both can perfectly have their own love interests in future.

I agree. I hate the Hollywood cliché that as soon as a male and female lead are in the same room for 5 minutes, that means they're destined to be together. The sad thing is I think Aveline will be forgotten simply because she didn't become Connor's girlfriend, like that would have "validated" her existence in the AC universe to many fans.

B_Crispino
02-23-2013, 02:55 AM

oh.. thats a pity... i really loved the idea. and then connor could just kill himself and end this ****ing miserable life he had. oh but theres also the kid... maybe he will [cliche mode active] see his late wife's joy and happiness in his child. and that will give him the strength to go on. [cliche mode unactive] that would be cheesy as hell.

Assassin_M
02-23-2013, 03:00 AM
oh.. thats a pity... i really loved the idea. and then connor could just kill himself and end this ****ing miserable life he had. oh but theres also the kid... maybe he will [cliche mode active] see his late wife's joy and happiness in his child. and that will give him the strength to go on. [cliche mode unactive] that would be cheesy as hell.
"This life of endless misery and suffering ends today. not by the hands of a murderer, but by the hand of fate"

​SHIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGG

ZeldaEmblem
02-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Eh....I don't really like older women-younger men relationships....especially with Connor...with Ezio it seemed applicable. I dunno, with Connor, he just needs a soul younger than him....the guy is going to be the best husband a woman could wish for...at least that`s how I see it

Agree, glad they dropped the idea :P
But Connor-Aveline shippers, don't get me wrong, I don't hate the couple or Aveline. I just think the relationship is... odd (she's almost 10 years older than him!!).
So if they're going to pick a love interest for Connor, a younger woman seems to be a better match for him :P

Bullet747
02-23-2013, 07:06 AM
I like the Connor-Aveline pairing. I think Connor would be an interesting match with a smart aggressive woman like Tifa from FF7 or something.