PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 set during WWII?

Frank9182011
02-22-2013, 07:38 PM
As I'm sure some of you have seen, the Assassin's Creed event next week is being held in London in a building firebombed by the Luftwaffe during World War II. Moreover, if you look at the intervals between time periods in past installments, a similar jump forward for the next game would place it right around the middle of the 20th Century, supporting the WWII rumors (of course, nothing says they have to keep moving forward in time).

What do you guys think about this?

Is there anything that can explain away Ubisoft's choice of venue?

AjinkyaParuleka
02-22-2013, 07:44 PM
no..nothing related to the time...i guess,it was 400 year skip to acr,then a 250,i hope they stay close to non-automatic guns or can also go back in history.

Frank9182011
02-22-2013, 07:47 PM
True, time period skips have been more erratic than I initially alluded to, though WWII would be an admittedly similar skip.

Even so, isn't the choice of venue a bit conspicuous?

TheHumanTowel
02-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Ubisoft have said in the past they wouldn't do WW2 because it's been done too many times before. However it wouldn't be the first time Ubi has gone back on what they've said. Anyone remember when Ubi said they'd be taking a break after AC3?

True_Assassin92
02-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Count me out when they make an AC in a period later then the 19th century.

MasterAssasin84
02-22-2013, 09:15 PM
As I'm sure some of you have seen, the Assassin's Creed event next week is being held in London in a building firebombed by the Luftwaffe during World War II. Moreover, if you look at the intervals between time periods in past installments, a similar jump forward for the next game would place it right around the middle of the 20th Century, supporting the WWII rumors (of course, nothing says they have to keep moving forward in time).

What do you guys think about this?

Is there anything that can explain away Ubisoft's choice of venue?

I come from London ( the East End ) and most of the buildings was firebombed during the blitz, because the building that the event is being held in is most likely a listed building, this is proberbly why everyone is jumping to the same conclusion, my mothers house is pre war but these buildings are ultimately part of our history and heritage.

Back on topic Assassins Creeds lead writer said months ago that world war 2 will not be featured in the franchise because its unoriginal .

pacmanate
02-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Well we can just hound Shade and Escoblades for info

Rugterwyper32
02-22-2013, 09:22 PM
http://youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc

I think this would be my reaction in that case. Anything past halfway the 19th century might as well become another series, the moment repeater weapons come into play the core elements of the game are affected and yeah. And World War II? I'm tired of seeing that setting in games.
I really want to go Ubisoft back in time by this point.

Billiam301
02-22-2013, 09:27 PM
I think WW2 would work. It's assassin's creed, not some FPS game so it'd have a completely different feel to it.

Assassin_M
02-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Nope

Kaschra
02-22-2013, 11:10 PM
PLEASE NO WWII.
That setting is so **** overused and not creative. Just NO.