PDA

View Full Version : handling unstability of any fighter plane when shooting an enemy plane

mygaung
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Hey MADDOX Team!
What ever IL2 Sturmovik game simulator ( 4 games) is implemented , when approaching the enemy plane at the firing distance, as soon the guns trigger is pulled the plane stalls, goes in spirals & becomes uncontrollable , impossible to shoot down the enemy with such an issue.
From inside the cockpit suddenly the target is no longer in view ,the sight moves in any direction but straight forward as it was before firing. what ever I do,with the set up of commands or options in "realism" The issue always occurs!
This is absolutely unacceptable! one of the first mandatory quality requested for a fighter is to be a stable platform during the firing moment!
otherwise how the WWII Me 109's, Fockwulf 190's could have been shot down the B 17's, Lancaster's, B 24 Liberators, and the spitfires, Hurricanes, P 51's SD the He 111's, Do 17's, Ju 88's ??
To point out that such an issue does not occur with Cliffs of Dover, that means the MADDOX team knows the problem ! But is not keen to just change the" aircraft.cfg" files for the planes in:
IL 2, IL 2 Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters, IL 2 Sturmovik 1946!
This is not fair because having invested more than 80 = 100 Euros & it is frustrating at the possible to not be able to enjoy these 4 games, very interesting in the other hand
Thanks MYGAUNG

FourShades
02-22-2013, 03:48 PM
I can't decide if this is a deliberate troll or just a sadly mistaken noob. :confused:

In case it is the latter:

Check your joystick profile etc. Thousands of players have been flying this sim for a decade and shooting things down all the time with no such problems. No need to draw silly conclusions about Maddox games "knowing about the problem".

Good luck,
4Shades

Tully__
02-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Thousands is a gross understatement. Tens of thousands online players have enjoyed this sim series and probably hundreds of thousands of offline only players who've never visited these forums or any other online site have done the same.

The description of the problem suggests either flying too slowly or jerking the stick back as you pull the trigger button, possibly a combination of the two. Even on the default joystick settings it's easily possible to shoot down aircraft without stalls/spins. You need to be gentle with the controls and move the joystick smoothly and the least amount possible to achieve the desired effect.

Also, make sure your rudder and elevator are trimmed (where trim is available, not all aircraft have these controls) as being out of trim will make the aircraft more prone to stalling if you're too slow or rough on the controls.

gothkrieger
02-24-2013, 08:54 AM
LOL, reminds me about the first few times I flew the sim, could not see what was shooting me down or see another plane in the sky, then, dang, that little speck over there, that is a plane, and it’s getting bigger, Oh Oh!! Never had the problem mentioned above. Some planes are more stable than others, but not the above issue.

Sillius_Sodus
02-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Heck of a first post...

Bearcat99
02-28-2013, 04:06 PM
His controls could also be incorrectly set. He could have a key press still set to a control surface or power setting or a trim setting as well. Elevator, rudder and aileron settings are all set as key presses in the stock sim and if you do not delete those key presses they will still function even if you have the Hotas set up. I delete every key press that is associated with a HOTAS command in any way and there are several in the stock controls menu.

mygaung
03-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Thousands is a gross understatement. Tens of thousands online players have enjoyed this sim series and probably hundreds of thousands of offline only players who've never visited these forums or any other online site have done the same.

The description of the problem suggests either flying too slowly or jerking the stick back as you pull the trigger button, possibly a combination of the two. Even on the default joystick settings it's easily possible to shoot down aircraft without stalls/spins. You need to be gentle with the controls and move the joystick smoothly and the least amount possible to achieve the desired effect.

Also, make sure your rudder and elevator are trimmed (where trim is available, not all aircraft have these controls) as being out of trim will make the aircraft more prone to stalling if you're too slow or rough on the controls.

from MYGAUNG
Thanks Gents
Sorry but even by following your suggestions with deactivation of the keys associated with the 3 controls pitch, roll & yaw , even when shooting with the "Enter" key, thus not touching the joystick , the defaults occur.
I use to fly with all the Microsoft flight simulators, Wings of Prey, Rise of Flight with the same Joystick Thrustmaster T Flight, & never got this trouble.
All these 4 Ubisoft games disks have been purchased between 2004 & 2008, likely their first editions, could it be possible that they are the cause ?

Sillius_Sodus
03-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Hi Mygaung,

It just doesn't seem to make that your a/c would go out of control when you fire its weapons.:confused:

Can you give us a bit more information about for instance:

Aircraft you are flying
Aircraft you are firing at
Flight conditions i.e., your airspeed, altitude, a/c attitude, etc.

Ideally, a video of what you are experiencing would be best although I realize this might be a bit of work.

Tully__
03-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Hi Mygaung,
Ideally, a video of what you are experiencing would be best although I realize this might be a bit of work.

Or track file...