PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Possible FPS Issue Fix

Sungam3d2010
02-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Hows it going fellas.
I fixed my FPS issue!

Had the game installed a while ago, ran at 60fps with everything up max.
Recently reinstalled it to get the new DLC, and wow 10-15 fps. Did not know what was going on.

System Specs if you care.
CPU: i7 2700k @3.6ghz
RAM: 8gb @ 1600mhz
HDD: 220gb SSD
GPU: GTX 560 1gb @ 850mhz
MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3

I believe the problem was because I updated my graphics card drivers to the latest ones (v314.07)
I just uninstalled the drivers, restarted my comp.
I then ran the game to test what it was like with the default windows graphics drivers, still the same lousy 10-15fps.

So to me it seems there is NO difference in FPS from the latest nvidia graphic drivers to the default windows graphic drivers, which is very interesting indeed...

So I installed the drivers that came with my graphics card (v306.23)
Ran the game and BAM 50-60fps with every setting up max.

So I'd suggest uninstalling your graphic card drivers, and reverting to an older driver version, see if that helps you guys.

LaraDerNerd
02-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Herrow :D
Ok well, I'm following your advice and I'm in the process of uninstalling my graphics driver, but I'm not really a professional at understanding graphic cards and resolutions. The only problem I have is reverting to an older driver version, I don't know how to D: But thanks for the advice :D

Sungam3d2010
02-23-2013, 06:26 AM
Herrow :D
Ok well, I'm following your advice and I'm in the process of uninstalling my graphics driver, but I'm not really a professional at understanding graphic cards and resolutions. The only problem I have is reverting to an older driver version, I don't know how to D: But thanks for the advice :D

To download older drivers for nvidia go to here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy
Just do a search for your card type and OS
Their earliest driver available appears to be v306.97

But I would suggest going to your cards manufacturer site.
For example my card was made by Gigabyte so I would start off by going to www.gigabyte.com
Then I do a driver search for my specific card model name "GV-N56GOC-1GI"
I then end up here: http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3881&dl=1#dl
Select my Operating System and download the driver v306.23, then I'm good to go.

Hope this helps ya

Kaldire
02-23-2013, 09:06 AM
thank god finally a rational fps person! thank you so much for understanding its not just settings but drivers (i mentioned this in another thread)
also again some cards and anti both = trouble.. flickers usually or again tessellation mishaps.

if you updated you can find ROLLBACK driver also.. or use the old drivers sites, which exist for this VERY reason.

for ati.. the new 7xxx hd series and up just got a benchmark boost on quite a few ubi games just for the updated driver.. no change in games or settings of the games.

just thanks for being a voice of reason here sun