PDA

View Full Version : Tyranny of King Washington DLC. Why is the story so STUPID?

Yoshack Fyre84
02-22-2013, 12:56 AM
You have Conner wake up and he THINKS all the story of Assassin's Creed III happened, but to the world none of that happened.....apparently? So now Conner is running around in the world remembering and thinking about the main story from ACIII.....but none of it happened? And THEN we get the storyline of the altered history????

Uhh, are you guys there really stupid? Why not just have made it so this is a direct follow-up to the main Assassin's Creed III story? George Washington still could have decided to become the King and have been corrupted even AFTER the events of ACIII. What is the reason for having it be so stupid and Conner acting like an idiot all the time saying he remembers something completely different? Was all this just so there'd be an excuse to bring the mother back? I really don't get it. There is no reason why this altered history story couldn't have been made to take place after all the events of ACIII. Honestly, it's really ridiculous having Conner appear to be some kind of schizophrenic who can't distinguish between his dreams and reality. I thought this was going to be a really cool DLC, instead the ridiculousness of the Conner character now makes the whole thing feel stupid.

At least we know we can always count on Ubisoft!!!.......to take a great idea and then ruin it in some way.

Krayus Korianis
02-22-2013, 01:00 AM
AC Happened... The world he is in now, didn't happen to HIM. But to another Ratonhnhaké:ton.

ace3001
02-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Of course, it's stupid. It's probably all in his head. But without the trappings of reality, they can do a lot of things they can't in the main game.

Yoshack Fyre84
02-22-2013, 01:16 AM
Okay I forgot to factor in that maybe this Tyranny of King Washington DLC is a BAD DREAM that Conner has AFTER the events of Assassin's Creed III. That could explain it all. Much better than it being an alternate history after we've all already placed the main AC3 story.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-22-2013, 01:18 AM
The reason is to allow fantastical stuff that doesn't fit AC setting otherwise. There are First Civilization artifacts that give powers and whatnot, but it's supposed to be technology, not any actual magical powers like the wolf cloak is. So in the context, setting the DLC as a dream/hallucination allows for far more freedom.

Okay I forgot to factor in that maybe this Tyranny of King Washington DLC is a BAD DREAM that Conner has AFTER the events of Assassin's Creed III. That could explain it all. Much better than it being an alternate history after we've all already placed the main AC3 story.Urhm yes, I think it's very obvious. Watch the opening video here again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grzkZkHDbE0 It's a short version of the video that we uncover by finding Memory Fragments. It basicaly shows you everything really. G-Wash has Apple, he and Raton talk at the campfire, Raton points at the Apple, then follows the vision of what would happen if G-Wash got corrupted by the Apple. I bet at the end of Episode 3, we will be back to the same campfire scene and Raton will take the Apple away from G-Wash to prevent horrible things.

LightRey
02-22-2013, 01:21 AM
Eh, they couldn't make Wash king in the "real" story because that never actually happened...

Plus, there are tons of possible reasons as to why they want certain specific things to be different or why Connor has all the memories of the original reality. Don't judge the coherence of the story until you've seen it from beginning to end.

Yoshack Fyre84
02-22-2013, 01:27 AM
As long as in the end we have Conner wake up in a bed at the Mount Vernon estate, with a maid(slave) telling Conner that George Washington has requested his company for breakfast or tea or something downstairs. This DLC was already known as an alternate reality that did not happen, so I expected that. I DID NOT expect it to be separated from the entire storyline of AC3 altogether though. After the events of AC3 George could still have become King. Just as in real life, he could have made that decision and everything in the USA would be different.

ace3001
02-22-2013, 01:29 AM
As long as in the end we have Conner wake up in a bed at the Mount Vernon estate, with a maid(slave) telling Conner that George Washington has requested his company for breakfast or tea or something downstairs. This DLC was already known as an alternate reality that did not happen, so I expected that. I DID NOT expect it to be separated from the entire storyline of AC3 altogether though. After the events of AC3 George could still have become King. Just as in real life, he could have made that decision and everything in the USA would be different.
And it's not separate, considering Connor has memories of AC3. Also, it cannot have happened in the "real" timeline no matter what you think, cause it didn't happen in our reality.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-22-2013, 01:32 AM
And it's not separate, considering Connor has memories of AC3. Also, it cannot have happened in the "real" timeline no matter what you think, cause it didn't happen in our reality.

I think Yoshack point is that this dream/hallucination presents the entire AC3 story to be different, not just from "end of AC3" point. Yoshack wanted a dream/hallucination that would be fake version of what happened after the end of AC3, not a fake version of everything in AC3 (beginning from no attack on Raton's village so his mother is alive, no assassin training, no Haytham, Washington never meeting Raton etc).

ace3001
02-22-2013, 01:36 AM
I think Yoshack point is that this dream/hallucination presents the entire AC3 story to be different, not just from "end of AC3" point. Yoshack wanted a dream/hallucination that would be fake version of what happened after the end of AC3, not a fake version of everything in AC3 (beginning from no attack on Raton's village so his mother is alive, no assassin training, no Haytham, Washington never meeting Raton etc).
From what I'm seeing of his posts, it seems like he wants a "real" thing rather than a hallucination/dream. But that would take out all the fun of this DLC. Story is not one of its strong points, and this way, gameplay makes up for it.

Yoshack Fyre84
02-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Yes yes. What Ratonhnhake fan said. I was expecting an alternate reality of events after the AC3 story, and I thought that would have been amazing.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Yes yes. What Ratonhnhake fan said. I was expecting an alternate reality of events after the AC3 story, and I thought that would have been amazing.
I see your point, however, if I'm correct, then the point of this DLC is still "to show how Apple can corrupt G-Wash" so in real timeline, Raton will take the Apple away from G-Wash to prevent anything like what he saw in the dream/hallucination from happening, even if the dream/hallucination presented different world. I mean, Apple is still Apple, it would surely corrupt G-Wash in any circumstances if he kept it for too long ;P

And it's still fun to see things differently. If if was "fake version of post-AC3" thing like you want, then the real version could feel too similar, don't you think?

joey-4321_web
02-24-2013, 02:32 AM
**** it

I didn't think one of them would know how to use a computer let alone make a thread.
"Sigh"
I'm sure someone loves him or her enough to get him or her help.

VitaminsXYZ
02-24-2013, 02:59 AM
**** it

I didn't think one of them would know how to use a computer let alone make a thread.
"Sigh"
I'm sure someone loves him or her enough to get him or her help.

Wait...what?

Ragsash
02-24-2013, 04:29 AM
You clearly need to wait and see how the story develops. couse you clearly dont get it.
this is a "What if story" (how it came to be I guess have something to do with the hackers at the end of AC3.) King washington never happend so why would they put it in the main storyline? this is a frenchies that pride its self on being accurate on where people were and did at the time etc. and most ...if not all people you kill are killed during that time you kill them. and then they would just go and make USA a kingdom couse of what story?

I would guesss the hackers takes Connor and tries to make a game of some sort or change some things. but as they take connor how he is at the end of AC3 of c he will remember everything that happend in AC3

Rikharthu
04-24-2013, 03:18 PM
I get it and see what they are doing here. All the same, I'd rather see him hook up with his buddy Lafayette in France, meet some old world Brotherhood and be properly inducted in. Then after dinner with Mrs. Lafayette, he and Lafayette disguise themselves as women to take on evils sundry across the map.