PDA

View Full Version : Ttyrrany of King Washington Review and Thoughts

YazX_
02-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Sorry for the spelling mistake in the title.

****Might contain Spoilers****

1. Finally an SP DLC, Its fun to play especially with the wolfpack ability (Connor costume is cool as well) . and its ok and nice change to have it in DLC but not in main game because simply we are not playing Crysis with cloak ability, and the game became very easy with it. so IMO Ubisoft made a great job with this ability.

2. it doesnt build up on your game, it has a separate menu item -i dont know why- and you find yourself in frontier with different icons, all previous ones are gone, you cant go to homestead nor anywhere. IMO it should have been like the Davinci disappearance DLC in ACB and older ones, icons on map and thats it and you navigate per your preference.

3. lots of bugs, game crashed when attacking convoy, losing tomahawk randomly (and you cant go to General Shop store to equip it back as there are none), enemies icons appear on the map and cannot be seen, optional objectives still appear after you complete them like helping the starving citizen/Kill attacking wolves keep poping up even if you complete the objective, Cartridge is full message keeps poping up, screen went black after watching Lucio hidden scene.

4. lots of chests lock picking, for me lock picking is too much annoying , so i find it too much in this DLC.

5. Some elements in the Story is vague and doesnt make sense as always, IMO its more interesting, i hope it ends up good in the last DLC.

6. optional objectives locations and frequency are not consistent, you find tons of starving people at same places but there are few people being attacked by wolves, so i ended up memorizing a location of a guy being attacked by wolves and going back and forth to complete it as you need to do it 5 times. main game had better design as they dont respawn at same locations once completed.

7. Gameplay 3-4 hours if you go for 100% sync and completing achievements, i know its kinda short, but considering there are 2 more DLCs scheduled 19th March and April to come, i would say its fair.

All in all, IMO this is a good DLC, my rating 8/10. Thank You Ubisoft.

Anduril79
02-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Did you notice that the conversation with Benedict Arnold seems very odd, especially given the fact that Arnold isn't even in the original game and neither is West Point! The only people that get the Benedict Arnold DLC is PS owners. If they're going to put characters in a DLC that references to a previous DLC then everyone should get that DLC being referenced.

As far as bugs go, my biggest problem is my UPlay client locks up after I exit the DLC and the game. Before I installed the DLC I never had any problems exiting the game and/or the UPlay client.

Kaldire
02-24-2013, 04:13 AM
? pc have benedict .. its the 1st dlc.. with 2nd being battle hardened .. im confused

id love to leave my review but, might be considered a troll starter.

Ill just say this

the games dlc is episodic, while this works in adventures, it doesnt work to well in platforms,
the dlc is far to short, even if you x3 for the time,
the chests are pointless and mundane with little to no fruit for effort
the only thing i DID like was the plot... period and snow (but I have that from the pivots)

i love the antithetic notion of this dlc.. and hope to feel any fulfillment after the dlcs are done, i felt nothing when completing the ep1 other than.. really that was it?
hoping it leads to larger one later but with high doubt .

the bugs are horrid mainly around mobs and convoys, the quests mundane (side quests) main quests start off insanely hard then taper to REALLY easy instead of staying hard
mobs just vanish and re appear 2 seconds after killing them
red dots are left on maps where no mobs were and where mobs used to be but now lie dead 100 feet from where the dot is.

yea urmm was hoping for more
but im used to the TELLTALE GAMES approach to episodic nature, not the 45min avg dlc took only 90 watchin vids and getting chests, since cloak exists :P its quite short

adding that I cant seem to get the cloak and kill 25 achievement to register yet ive counted now 8254 kills on the dlc when cloaked..
cloaking nerfs mobs making them stare at you even uncloaked they stand, not agreesive and you cant attack until they see you.. and attack..(even if you are in plain sight you must run around and push them they push back like its a crowd not a fight)

ahh the list is endless

bait? for what 1 mission then pointless until next dlc?

arrows do nothing to anything and shoot off in the distance sometimes up or down or away from the way the bow is even pointed esp in cover

grr

love the plot .. again the antithetic paradigm of this dlc is why I wanted it so bad.. always did say WHAT IF.... he stayed native and fought the other side.. had that thought about many AC games
to many bugs to list but most of the complaints are in the 1st post here
convoy is bad.. bad news.. i think this offsets many mobs not even related in the surrounding area, causing some to have the bait quest glitch that can never be mended..
as the mobs are in "da hall o mirroooorrs"

Appl_Jax
02-25-2013, 01:10 AM
I didn't even realize that they were releasing this in episodes until I eventually got the downloaded it . How many episodes are going to make up for the whole series? What's the release schedule? Weekly? Monthly? *gasp* Annually?

This type of game does not work well with episodic content, particularly if it's meant to come out in a timely manner. Let's face it, UBI's track record when it comes to getting content out on schedule isn't all that great.

It was way too short. Just doing the main mission took me just over an hours worth of play, maybe even less. Getting everything else was very unsatisfying. Dozens of chests full of stuff you don't even need. Completely useless considering you can't do anything else in this DLC parallel universe. I thought I was going to like it, expecting a complete story... but there was nothing going on there.

I wish there was more development in the very beginning. You're just thrown into it and you're forced to start following your mother. I understand that this is supposed to be an alternate reality bit but seriously, it wouldn't hurt to lay some groundwork to the story first.

adding that I cant seem to get the cloak and kill 25 achievement to register yet ive counted now 8254 kills on the dlc when cloaked..
cloaking nerfs mobs making them stare at you even uncloaked they stand, not agreesive and you cant attack until they see you.. and attack..(even if you are in plain sight you must run around and push them they push back like its a crowd not a fight)

You have to perform silent kills when cloaked. i.e., not with your hatchet. Switch to the hidden blade (or perhaps unarmed).

YazX_
02-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Did you notice that the conversation with Benedict Arnold seems very odd, especially given the fact that Arnold isn't even in the original game and neither is West Point! The only people that get the Benedict Arnold DLC is PS owners. If they're going to put characters in a DLC that references to a previous DLC then everyone should get that DLC being referenced.

As far as bugs go, my biggest problem is my UPlay client locks up after I exit the DLC and the game. Before I installed the DLC I never had any problems exiting the game and/or the UPlay client.

Well no, West point and Benedict Arnold DLC is available for PC since release date, it was included for Deluxe Edition owners as well as season pass ones got it with Hidden Secrets DLC, Ubisoft said this DLC will be PS3 exclusive on CONSOLES and PC is not a console :)

nitres15
02-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Well no, West point and Benedict Arnold DLC is available for PC since release date, it was included for Deluxe Edition owners as well as season pass ones got it with Hidden Secrets DLC, Ubisoft said this DLC will be PS3 exclusive on CONSOLES and PC is not a console :)
iīve got the season pass, but the dlc isnīt there...