PDA

View Full Version : The PS4 and other counsels....

Poodle_of_Doom
02-21-2013, 06:50 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sony-unveils-playstation4-console-000356364.html

Here, the PS4 is talked about. How do you folks think this will affect your playing in the future, as it pertains to AC?

Personally, I'm not fond of a new system. I won't be purchasing it, and this means I'll probably miss out on the next AC game, or the one after that if there is. At that, I'm not liking the idea of needing a constant internet connection to download the games. I think this will exclude a huge crossection of the market, and is a big mistake.

Thoughts?

Soulid_Snake
02-21-2013, 07:13 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sony-unveils-playstation4-console-000356364.html

Here, the PS4 is talked about. How do you folks think this will affect your playing in the future, as it pertains to AC?

Personally, I'm not fond of a new system. I won't be purchasing it, and this means I'll probably miss out on the next AC game, or the one after that if there is. At that, I'm not liking the idea of needing a constant internet connection to download the games. I think this will exclude a huge crossection of the market, and is a big mistake.

Thoughts?

I'm gonna wait for a price drop, and see how stable the system is (hopefully no YLOD issues), or unless Beyond Good & Evil 2 releases soon. Theres still alot of life in PS3.

You make a fair point, I think internet connections aren't good enough to download whole games, it takes way too much time, but my point is the digital rights management sucks, a digital only future will mean you can't lend games. But aren't PS4 games gonna be bluray based?

d4st4n96
02-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Ps4 is going to be a ''GIANT BOMB''!
But as for me, I am an Pc gamer sooo....maybe I'll bug my cousin to buy it xDD

Sushiglutton
02-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm like 90% sure next AC will release on all platforms, meaning Ps3, Ps4, X360, X720 (or whatever they call it) and Wii-U. Assassin's Cree 3 has sold >12 million copies. If the new consoles launch in october/november there is just no way enough people will buy them to support those kind of numbers. It just doesn't make any sense at all to exclude Ps3/X360 and I can't imagine Ubi doing it. In fall 2014 things may be different though.

Ps4 will still have game discs as well as digital downlaods. I'm not sure what you mean by "not liking the idea of needing a constant internet connection to download the games". I mean to download games you obv must have an internet connection. Sony presented a, for consoles, ne feature namely that you can play the game as you download it, which is pretty cool :). Not sure what your problem with this is?

I'm gonna wait for a price drop, and see how stable the system is (hopefully no YLOD issues), or unless Beyond Good & Evil 2 releases soon. Theres still alot of life in PS3.

You make a fair point, I think internet connections aren't good enough to download whole games, it takes way too much time, but my point is the digital rights management sucks, a digital only future will mean you can't lend games. But aren't PS4 games gonna be bluray based?

Millions of people download their games through Steam and other online stores. To give the option to download full games is mandatory for a console now a days. You will obv still be able to use discs, don't worry about that

pacmanate
02-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Games will be multiplat for at least 4 years after the PS4 has launched.

SuperLoboMau 25
02-21-2013, 03:31 PM
I will wait a bit to buy, the firts games won't be so different from the ps3 ones.

UnlistedBeatle
02-21-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm personally looking forward to the new consoles. The current ones are getting a bit long in the tooth, although ACIII looks beautiful. I like the current PS3 and X360 but 8 years is long enough for one generation. Let's bring on the future.

reddragonhrcro
02-21-2013, 03:45 PM
I will wait a bit to buy, the firts games won't be so different from the ps3 ones.

Well pretty much almost the same reason.Not buying until i see more of my fav games.But will be a sure buy in anycase.

Poodle_of_Doom
02-22-2013, 04:49 AM
Ps4 will still have game discs as well as digital downlaods. I'm not sure what you mean by "not liking the idea of needing a constant internet connection to download the games". I mean to download games you obv must have an internet connection. Sony presented a, for consoles, ne feature namely that you can play the game as you download it, which is pretty cool :). Not sure what your problem with this is?

What I meant by the statemeant is that in order to play the games, you must download them. If you read the article, it suggests that all the games are download only. Personally, I don't have a highe enough bandwidth to download games, even being on cable. At that, I think other people may have the same issue. It will be hard for people to download games. This will dampen the market.

Will_Lucky
02-22-2013, 05:40 AM
What I meant by the statemeant is that in order to play the games, you must download them. If you read the article, it suggests that all the games are download only. Personally, I don't have a highe enough bandwidth to download games, even being on cable. At that, I think other people may have the same issue. It will be hard for people to download games. This will dampen the market.

Article doesn't know what its talking about.

Console isn't online only and will be able to played used DISC games. It has a 6x Blu-Ray drive for a reason. However you will find the entire market is slowly shifting over to digital, I know of a few publishers who can attain 90% of their sales through the digital market and will be phasing physical out over the next year.

Actually, funny story. But the PS3/4 version of Diablo 3 DOES NOT require a constant online connection :D.

Poodle_of_Doom
02-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Article doesn't know what its talking about.

Console isn't online only and will be able to played used DISC games. It has a 6x Blu-Ray drive for a reason. However you will find the entire market is slowly shifting over to digital, I know of a few publishers who can attain 90% of their sales through the digital market and will be phasing physical out over the next year.

Actually, funny story. But the PS3/4 version of Diablo 3 DOES NOT require a constant online connection :D.

There's a Diablo 3 for the PS3?

At that, I'm still disappointed. I think it might be to overpowered.

Krayus Korianis
02-22-2013, 10:45 AM
I prefer Steam. I might need a bigger hard drive soon though :(

Mr_Shade
02-22-2013, 12:54 PM
There's a Diablo 3 for the PS3?

At that, I'm still disappointed. I think it might be to overpowered.
it was announced, however no details / screens / release date ;)

Poodle_of_Doom
02-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Whatever the case may be, I think I'm out for a while. It's beginning to be to much.

nitres15
02-22-2013, 05:43 PM
iŽll buy it for the exclusives

Poodle_of_Doom
02-23-2013, 05:34 PM
iŽll buy it for the exclusives

What are the exlusives?

nitres15
02-23-2013, 05:54 PM
What are the exlusives?

inFAMOUS: second son, that enough for me.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-23-2013, 05:58 PM
What are the exlusives?1st party ones, same with MS. 3rd party exclusives basically died this gen

Poodle_of_Doom
02-24-2013, 05:27 PM
I know WHAT they are, I just wasn't aware of any specific titles. At that, I didn't play the second infamous, so I wouldn't be worried about this one.

Assassin_M
02-24-2013, 05:29 PM
What`s a counsel ?

Poodle_of_Doom
02-24-2013, 06:39 PM
What`s a counsel ?

So, who were you trying to target with your failed attempt at wit?

Assassin_M
02-24-2013, 06:41 PM
So, who were you trying to target with your failed attempt at wit?
Anyone with a decent answer ? I thought it was a misspelling of Console, but then I found out that there is actually a word called "Counsel"

So I asked, what`s a Counsel ?

Failed attempt at wit ? What ?

rileypoole1234
02-24-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm probably just gonna buy it when it first comes out just because.

kriegerdesgottes
02-24-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm super excited for the ps4. I already know I'll be buying it as soon as possible which may be a while because I'm broke but I can't wait. Plus Patrice Desilet's 1666 project is most likely a next gen game so I have to have it for that. As far as AC I really don't know. Frankly I'm getting sick of the franchise. It hasn't wowed me much in the last couple years and I'm ready for a new franchise to be obsessed with. First it was POP and then AC (both oddly from Patrice) and now I want to see more from watch dogs and 1666. I think ACIII may be my last AC game.

pacmanate
02-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Like I said, the next AC will only be good on next gen if its made for next gen. Physics, animations, AI. If its made for PS3 and ported to PS4, the only difference will be graphics.

UrDeviant1
02-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Anyone with a decent answer ? I thought it was a misspelling of Console, but then I found out that there is actually a word called "Counsel"

Using simple logic, i'd say he meant "consoles".

Assassin_M
02-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Using simple logic, i'd say he meant "consoles".
I thought so too, but then I found out that Counsel IS actually a word..

Never mind, though found what it means on Google...

Poodle_of_Doom
02-25-2013, 05:08 AM

Yeah I did mispell the word. At that, I thought you were trying to play off like I didn't know what an exclusive was.