PDA

View Full Version : Tyranny of King Washington / The infamy, mail recieved but wrong download link...

Slappey
02-19-2013, 07:06 PM
So i recieved my mail from ubisoft earlier today, the mail contained my cd key and links to download however, it contains the file for dlc 1 and that link is dead in the water, this is what i get

[/quote]Sorry,

It is too late to download this file. You were allowed to download within 30 days.

If you have any questions, please contact Digital River Customer Service at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com.[/quote]
'
So i access ubishop from where i bought the dlc and go to my transaction history where my season pass is listed and there's a download link for DLC 2 however it's just a txt file that says "Here's your download", no my question is, where the hell do i actually find the freaking dlc that i paid for?

Mr_Shade
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
I suggest you contact support and double check:
www.support.ubi.com

Slappey
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
How would that help me? I should be able to access the download from the ubishop site and i can't do that either i just get the god ****ed txt file to download nothing else...

UbiHawk1ns
02-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey slappy, if you wouldn't mind, PM me your support ticket number and I will see what I can find out for you.

Slappey
02-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Hey slappy, if you wouldn't mind, PM me your support ticket number and I will see what I can find out for you.

pm sent :) .

HenricusBGR
02-20-2013, 08:48 PM
please help me too i have the same problem ...:)

HenricusBGR
02-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Hawkins can you just send us the instaler please!? :) i would be very please and greatfull pls dont make me regret paying 30 euro for the season pass.....

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 09:08 PM
hawkins do you need people to call in?

I called in fellas, find the number for your region, tell them to attach the downloader.exe to a newly formed question. ITS HOW I GOT MY DLC
works fine, minus the horrible gameplay bugs.
great concept though bad execution. Almost wish I had just waited for a patch.

but yea, this seems common with season pass even ubisoft has recognized the downloading system for pc is a bit.. "wonky"
but they are friendly and will help if you arent illegally getting the game :P

I never had to make a question to ubi they just made one and a smart rep sent the downloader(not installer that comes after) in an attachment on the MY QUESTION page.
heck they couldnt even find my season pass order and not Digital river nor the ubistore order lookup could find it. So yea.

hope all works out and hope some kind of patch to make this dlc playable before many more get it. Its almost unbearable, i left with a feeling of.. wow that was... what the heck is going on!
its not even close to using the same structrue of the game, most guards stand there or try getting on a roof lol shoot arrows see how they dont work.

spoiler below

(and yes I got shoot 1 arrow into 2 guards .. but not from a roof)

HenricusBGR
02-20-2013, 09:20 PM
read my pm

Kaldire
02-20-2013, 09:39 PM
read and replied!
hope you get it sorted.. if you need my american accent ill call n bother em for ya :P

Slappey
02-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Still nothing new... just release the download link for the dlc instead.. how hard can it be, hell give me the file and i'll upload it to 30 different ftps that people can download from...

Slappey
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Hello,

Do you by chance have any information about your Season Pass order? Did you buy it from our Uplay Shop?

I was only able to find the order showing the DLC1.

That's the only answer i got so far, they can't even have looked at the right order since i hold a season pass for the DLC...

Kaldire
02-21-2013, 11:25 PM
I told the forum .. I CAN RELEASE THE DLC not the downloader.. if you need reasons why not the downloader.. ask ubi or myself.
kinda odd most dont understand it but..
the files are 1gb for the installer too, i only push 300k up vs max down from ubi.. so if you havent gotten the downloader.. pm me ill toss it to someone(the installer not downloader)

bayako
02-21-2013, 11:35 PM
how is it possible that after 2 calls and 2 updated tickets i still received no link and key?..although the support hotline told me they will send me what i need nothing happended...
i would like to know how many cases there are? if there are 4 millions customers waiting for their keys and links i would kind of undertsand it but since there are several support teams for several countries...gosh...i hope until tomorrow i received everything so i can enjoy the dlc during the week end

Kaldire
02-21-2013, 11:45 PM
did you talk to a real person? i just made them do it on the phone and they wouldnt leave until they found the solution and said is it downloading !? SWEET! ok they didnt say swweet i did..

so far as of yesterday only 2 called in, but it was early in the day..
again there are many ways of getting this dlc.. not sure how there is still an issue.. :P pm me

or post back here

Kaldire
02-21-2013, 11:47 PM
and trust me you arent missing much.. while i love the notion of the antithetic desmond who i call Dnomsed. its just all around buggy, and very short and not rewarding
I feel waiting until the 3rd dlc is out.. you wont be sorry you missed dlc 3 when 5 comes.. you can play all in a row instead of the doctor who type cliffhanger leaving you for months without knowing whats next!

oh yea and FIX CLOAK.. cant seem to get any achievement on it and ive now killed about 7k mobs.. NO JOKE 7k its easy to kill when cloaked :P

bayako
02-21-2013, 11:49 PM
yeah yesterday afternoon i called the my german service hotline....they said they are aware of the problem...i told them my order number again and received a ticket with words like you'll shortly receive instructions....nothing happended...so today was the second time i talked to a real:D person...the problem i had was that they didnt seem to have so much time...there were lots of voices in the background...guess they are busy but sill ist kind of time now that i have the chance to play the dlc i bought...
well yes ubisoft allowed downloads links ( the 1gb file or this 300 kb thing what is that by the way) but i want to do it the legal way...and i need the key i "deserve":-)

Kaldire
02-21-2013, 11:56 PM
i wouldnt get off the phone until i got the email with a link in it.. or attachment..

and sending you the 1gb IS THE LEGAL WAY... it wont install if you dont have the season pass key.. so its not illegal..

ask ubi...
any mods care to say this is correct so others can rest heads?
and we can take some of this bandwith off your hands

or else most will turn to lawsuits and torrents to get the dlc..

juuust sayying

pm me bayako i have errands to run but ill be around EDIT : the KEY is the original one used to make the SEASON PASS PURCHASE..

you get no new key.. just an order number and even that is incorrect.. upon the install of the ac3 with season pass the key is entered once.. never again

Slappey
02-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Latest response and it's a bloody joke... how hard is it to just send me the download link? Why should i have to wait even longer for something i've already paid for and that is released...

Hello Slappey

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Assassin's Creed 3.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident by clicking on the "Update Question" Button at the bottom of this page (Please do not create a new incident).

Unfortunately, there was a problem with your order and the correct download link has not been sent. This is currently under investigation and we hope to have the issue resolved as soon as possible. We will get back to you when we have more information regarding this resolution.

Many apologies for the delay and inconvenience.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Tom.
Ubisoft Technical Support.

Kreskysaurusrex
02-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Seems like they are now copy pasting the same message to all those who still haven't received anything..
Got exactly the same message a few hours ago.

Kaldire
02-23-2013, 09:51 AM
yea prolly swamped now with them, sending all one by one.. hmm no that should take only ten seconds!

lol patience little ones .. all things come..
and if not.. again.. thats when you call
but at least you can say .. hi ubi.. i opened a ticket, i waited patiently and still... nothing. help
and odds are .. they will

Slappey
02-25-2013, 01:55 PM
It's now monday and still no response from the ubisoft support team... i love how i paid for something that i apparently have no right to since the support just does not seem to give a flying f....

Mr_Shade
02-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Hi all,

just a reminder that support do not work the weekends, just in case anyone was waiting for a reply over the course of it.

those still waiting, please make sure you update your ticket, this should prompt a reply and hopefully an update for you on the progress.

or those already in contact with support staff in this thread, you can always PM and ask directly.

Slappey
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

just a reminder that support do not work the weekends, just in case anyone was waiting for a reply over the course of it.

those still waiting, please make sure you update your ticket, this should prompt a reply and hopefully an update for you on the progress.

or those already in contact with support staff in this thread, you can always PM and ask directly.

The only answer we get is that they are investigating it, why is it so hard to just send us a download link?

Mr_Shade
02-25-2013, 02:47 PM
The only answer we get is that they are investigating it, why is it so hard to just send us a download link?
They have to check various things, however I'm not in a position to second guess them, since I work in a different team.

Im guesing (key word is guessing so this maybe tottally wrong) they have to make sure your entitled to the DLC, issue a new order and resend both the download and key.

i would think they also have to figure out why some people have had problems - while many hundreds of others haven't.

if support are othe case, all I can suggest is waiting for them - downloadingthe files from torrents or file sharing sites, is not recommended.

Slappey
02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
They have to check various things, however I'm not in a position to second guess them, since I work in a different team.

Im guesing (key word is guessing so this maybe tottally wrong) they have to make sure your entitled to the DLC, issue a new order and resend both the download and key.

i would think they also have to figure out why some people have had problems - while many hundreds of others haven't.

if support are othe case, all I can suggest is waiting for them - downloadingthe files from torrents or file sharing sites, is not recommended.

I've already gotten the key, it's active on my account all i need is the downloader and i'm good to go, they don't need to resend me anything other then a proper working download link for the patch/downloader.

Read my previous quotes that i've posted from the support team in this post and you'll see that there's no issue with my order i just want the download so i can start playing the dlc...

bayako
02-25-2013, 08:27 PM
@mr shade: who should we/can we pm directly?...i mean you don't give them our names do you?:D

Slappey
02-25-2013, 10:21 PM
This is BS, another day gone and no reply at my support ticket...

fasakasa
02-25-2013, 11:40 PM
is there only one episode for now ?

Slappey
02-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Another day gone still no update...

Slappey
02-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Over a week has gone now and i still have not gotten a download link... apparently they don't give a **** about you after you purchased theire products and basicly just gives you the middle finger... sending a download link is not hard hell it should have been done as soon as they saw the support ticket and not letting me wait for over a week...

SF71
02-28-2013, 07:09 PM
I bet they have taken all the money and gone to vacation.
And will this happen with the rest of the Season pass DLCs, hope not, but the support is not helping.
Buying at Uplay shop seems a very bad investment. I think if I don't hear anything from the support very soon, the pirated version it will be. I have payed for the Deluxe and Season pass was included, but the have failed to deliver.
So, what are the support doing in this matter???? Are they doing anything??
Ignoring support request is bad business. Especially if they want's people to buy from them in the future.
It's maybe time to take this problem to the press?

Slappey
03-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Finally, after over a weeks wait i got a mail today where i got a discount code for a new DLC 3 and ofcourse it reduced the cost to 0 so now i have the dlc and a working download link, don't know why i would need a new serial so i got one over but the download link is atleast there!

Blackwolfe5
03-02-2013, 01:54 AM
Heh, I got a discount code as well, although I had already gotten the installer from other sources shortly after release since my mail never included the download link. Ubisoft needs to stop failing...