PDA

View Full Version : How many factions at start?

JinMnM
02-19-2013, 12:02 PM
I found online an article saying that it is possible that MMHO will have only two factions at start (necropolis and haven). Is it truth? How many factions will this game have at start?

It is very important for me to see all the factions from H6 including the dark elves faction.

Cheers

PS. In my opinion, as a gamer, it would be a huge mistake if you decide to release the game without all the factions. I don't enjoy playing haven and necropolis. Keep in mind that if at start this game is really going to have only two factions many people won't even give it a try.

Kuby.Tuby
02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi JinMnM,

Yes, it is true that there will be two factions at the start of the game. We will add additional factions during the lifetime of the game.
I can understand that the expectations ma be higher but you can trust me that the game is worth trying.
MMHO is a true heroes game and you will feel this from the first second when you play it.

best regards
bb_kuby

JinMnM
02-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Thank you for response BB_Kuby. Can you at least ensure us (gamers) that in the future the game will for sure have at least all the six factions from heroes 6?

Kind regards

Kuby.Tuby
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Yes, we will add all factions known from Heroes VI in MMHO. We will introduce them one by one and not all at the same time. But I promise you that we will add them.

Best regards

JinMnM
02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Thank you very much for your answer, knowing that there will be at least 6 factions makes me and friends of mine sure MMHO players!

Have a nice day BB_Kuby :)

Kuby.Tuby
02-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Thank you, you too :)

Viper517
02-20-2013, 03:38 PM
What a luck - I want to play with Necropolis :) How will other factions be introduced? I will be able to conquer a castle and continue with 2 factions or?

Kuby.Tuby
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Well, that is a question which will be answered when the time has come to introdcue a new faction.
If we tell you everything in advanced where is the fun in that?

JinMnM
03-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Hello again BB_Kuby,

There is one more thing which bothers me.

In other topic you wrote:

(...)
The story of MMHO is between Heroes V and VI and we have to keep this in mind.(...)

So it basically means MMHO is going to have not 6 but at least 9factions (maybe 10) , right?

Fortress (H5)
Academy (H5)
Sylvan (H5)
Haven (H6)
Inferno (H6)
Necropolis (H6)
Stronghold (H6)
Sanctuary (H6)
Dungeon (H6)
+maybe Pirates (H6)

That would be really awesome!

Kind regards.

maximl1
03-02-2013, 08:35 AM
I desperately hope, that BB will not hear this demands and make 6 factions at max..
One of the worst things in HMM3 was a washing out the races.
4 races is good enough, 6 is max that have sense.
9 is awful.

JinMnM
03-02-2013, 09:37 AM
I desperately hope, that BB will not hear this demands and make 6 factions at max..
One of the worst things in HMM3 was a washing out the races.
4 races is good enough, 6 is max that have sense.
9 is awful.

Well, I definitely don't agree with you. MMHO is going to be an MMO what it means is that the game is going to be much bigger and not only 8 players are going to play at the same time but thousands! The MMHO world is going to be huge, actually the biggest in the series. It means the world needs diversity, more different units and a little bit more factions than usually. The less factions the more monotony. In addition I bet many players would miss classic factions like sylvan, dwarfs and academy. Fusing Heroes V and VI ideas would lead to making the world of MMHO richer. It also goes well with the sentence:

(...)
The story of MMHO is between Heroes V and VI and we have to keep this in mind.(...)

Resuming:
The bigger the world is the more diversity it needs. Nobody wants this game to become boring due to lack of enough diversity. This game is meant to be played for years and years.

maximl1
03-02-2013, 09:51 AM
When developers cant make live fantasy world, they add more factions.
When young players cant build strategy, they demand "diversity".
Hope, BB is good enough to not use cheap extensive methods.

Chess was played for centuries, gladly no one was allowed to "add more factions" to it.

JinMnM
03-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Chess was played for centuries, gladly no one was allowed to "add more factions" to it.
Once again I remind you that MMHO is going to be an MMO.
Chess is meant to be played only by 2 people, and MMHO is meant to be played by thousands of people at the same time.

The only thing that matters is making MMHO possibly the best and even better with time. BB definitely knows it. Making the world more diverse is not cheap, it is a must in successful MMO titles. Imagine our world without diverse cultures languages and climate. MMO titles are meant to be the other world, rich and diverse, not limited and monotonic.

JinMnM
03-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Just take a look how big various fantasy worlds are. MMHO bases on Might and Magic world and lore. Might & Magic has a huge potential which needs to be used in order to create a deep, rich and fulfilling fantasy world which can be implemented into MMHO.

maximl1
03-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Richness lies not in multiplicity, but in deep balance and combining.
Adding tons of crap will not help you to escape monotony.

All the world diverse are built from only ONE human race!

maximl1
03-02-2013, 10:37 AM
You better keep an eye on japanese-style games.
thats what you need.

JinMnM
03-02-2013, 10:57 AM
All the world diverse are built from only ONE human race!

This is Might & Magic and not real world based game, get over it.

Keep on playing chess. That's what you need. ;)

maximl1
03-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Your comments are quite lascivious, jinm.

JinMnM
03-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Your comments are quite lascivious, jinm.

Thank you

Daedalus_TheOne
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
I would also love to see more diversity. Adding the factions of HoMM3 and V into the game would make the game more interesting. I don't know the battle mechanics yet, but if some creatures have special abilites or resistances like in previous games, it would enhance the depth and strategy of the game the more factions and creatures are included. Academics(Tower) faction had more range-based units, some Rampart Faction units had more magic resistance, The Fortress faction was more defensive and melee-based faction and so on and on....
But if the added factions are all the same, just with new graphics, then it's only a useless gimmick and not worth the implementation imho.

Crookmeister
03-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Wait ! What ?
When the game was released (what, about a year ago now ?) there were at least five factions.
You're now saying Ubi have arbitarily stripped those factions back to one and will be releasing the rest at some vague time in the future...maybe ?
So tell me, given I was duped ages ago into a game that advertised five factions do I get a refund for four-fifths of the original purchase price ?

Given the whole premise of the game (i.e. factionalism) how can these idiots reduce the factions available down to one ?
See, this is exactly why players distrust and loath these compulsory log-in games: either incompetance or borderline illegal practices abound.

Vixtix1
03-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Will be factions from heroes 5? Like elfs and academic?
Sry bad english

Viper517
03-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Factions can be added any time, so do not worry guys, I definitely think there should as many factions as possible! But the thing that may become monotonic is what the higher level players will do? Can I become level 680? Will I gain anything after level 50? When I have a huge army and fight a losing battle then will I lose tons of troops which will take months to refill?

Kuby.Tuby
03-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Wait ! What ?
When the game was released (what, about a year ago now ?) there were at least five factions.
You're now saying Ubi have arbitarily stripped those factions back to one and will be releasing the rest at some vague time in the future...maybe ?
So tell me, given I was duped ages ago into a game that advertised five factions do I get a refund for four-fifths of the original purchase price ?

Given the whole premise of the game (i.e. factionalism) how can these idiots reduce the factions available down to one ?
See, this is exactly why players distrust and loath these compulsory log-in games: either incompetance or borderline illegal practices abound.

Hi,

Please calm down and watch your language no one here is an idiot.
This game wasn't released yet and it will be a free to play browsergame where you don't have to pay anything for playing it - you don't even have to purchase the game. You will be able to play it completly for free.
It seems that you confuse Might & Magic Heroes Online with another game from the series.

Kuby.Tuby
03-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Factions can be added any time, so do not worry guys, I definitely think there should as many factions as possible! But the thing that may become monotonic is what the higher level players will do? Can I become level 680? Will I gain anything after level 50? When I have a huge army and fight a losing battle then will I lose tons of troops which will take months to refill?

Hi,

First of all, I won't go to much into detail now. There will be much content for the high level players which fill months worth of playing. The biggest challenge will be to avoid a monotonous game for the high level player.
The amount of troops you can take with you into battle is limited by the level of the hero and his equipment. And you will not have to wait for months to recruit new troops.

Viper517
03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
That sounds great Kuby, can`t wait!