PDA

View Full Version : You may want to read this.

MSV-Vextor
02-18-2013, 05:57 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/753983-New-Features-and-Changes-in-Far-Cry-3-1-05?p=8929423#post8929423

saixbot
02-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback, especially for a SP like me, yay! Any idea when the patch might be available?

StormchaserZA
02-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah thx Vextor, I will play the sp sometime but the MP with all its lag is just not worth the bloody frustration. Crysis 3 is here and it supports that precious thing called dedicated servers, so cheers and thx for a good single player title.

MSV-Vextor
02-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback, especially for a SP like me, yay! Any idea when the patch might be available?

I have estimates. But the last time I mentioned a date I was wrong.

saixbot
02-18-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm happy with that and will not hold you to it so no worries there. With this announcement the actual launch cant be to far away anyway so cool beans I look forward to it.

RostokMcSponge
02-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Well, it's great that these features are being implemented on the multiplayer side, but honestly is there any point if there only a couple of hundred active players at any one time?

The problems with Host Migrations not working correctly, and long standing issues with the Lobby system and eternal loading screens really outweigh the niceties of custom maps.

As I've said before: the multiplayer gameplay is great, but at the moment the infrastructure is terrible, and is slowly killing the game. Already we're at a point where the Battle Mix and Domination numbers are painfully low. Transmission's playlist has already died. If the problems with the game continue, they'll be gone, and TDM will eventually follow.

I welcome the changes to the (excellent) single player, and maybe it'll keep people within the FC3 community a little longer.
Here's hoping.

SolidCap
02-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Some more support for the multiplayer would be nice and with all the issues that it has.
For me personally on multiplayer i have random crashes.
What are the planned patches and fixes for multiplayer?

Darchize
02-18-2013, 09:12 PM
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/yeyen123rf/yeyen123rf1210/yeyen123rf121000262/15840661-thank-you-blackboard-sign-thank-you-written-with-chalk-on-black-chalkboard.jpg

Ferrnz
02-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Well, it's great that these features are being implemented on the multiplayer side, but honestly is there any point if there only a couple of hundred active players at any one time?

The problems with Host Migrations not working correctly, and long standing issues with the Lobby system and eternal loading screens really outweigh the niceties of custom maps.

As I've said before: the multiplayer gameplay is great, but at the moment the infrastructure is terrible, and is slowly killing the game. Already we're at a point where the Battle Mix and Domination numbers are painfully low. Transmission's playlist has already died. If the problems with the game continue, they'll be gone, and TDM will eventually follow.

I welcome the changes to the (excellent) single player, and maybe it'll keep people within the FC3 community a little longer.
Here's hoping.

You are wasting your time in Battle Mix, Domination, and etc playlists. The thing that will keep this game from dying is playing Gold, Silver, and Bronze Maps. Some maps are ****ty, but it makes it interesting wading through them to get to the good ones.

twnanno
02-18-2013, 10:26 PM
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/yeyen123rf/yeyen123rf1210/yeyen123rf121000262/15840661-thank-you-blackboard-sign-thank-you-written-with-chalk-on-black-chalkboard.jpg

this x100

legacyzero
02-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Fantastic update!!

I really worry about the multiplayer still, though. Especially on the PC platform. The map maker playlist, and the inability to host your own maps publicly is never very good. This thread should be stickied IMO, BTW.

DCAustin007
02-19-2013, 01:05 AM
I was hoping it would be possible to host a public coop match and be able to specify the map. But any update is a good update. Thanks.

masterxm1990
02-19-2013, 02:40 AM
I'm with you on this one. Hosting a pub coop match would be very helpful, Maybe adding an option for prefered maps and/or difficulties would work too.

An Idea for a small DLC pack for micro transactions is the ability to customize un-customizable weapons in the SP. I'm kinda tired of the AK sucking so bad in SP and you could still have the signature weapons being the best in their class. Maybe even a weapon pack that adds other weapons to the game aswell as more signature weapons. These things I would gladly fork over money for as long as its a reasonable price. Oh and dont tell me I should check out a this mod or that mod, I have a bad history with mods.They dont seem to like me/work/let my game exist...

matty101yttam
02-19-2013, 02:48 AM
good to see they let you off the leash vextor :)

Unfortunately i think its a little too late, the multiplayer side is pretty much dead, very(oh so) bad decisions in development and bad post game support means the game is ruined for those of us who bought the game for the multiplayer aspect.

crassess
02-19-2013, 02:51 AM
Some more support for the multiplayer would be nice and with all the issues that it has.
For me personally on multiplayer i have random crashes.
What are the planned patches and fixes for multiplayer?

+1, i have the same problem

Flammablezeus
02-19-2013, 03:38 AM
I hope the master difficulty gets rid of the minimap, flashing everything, wallhack mode, omniscience and unlocking weapons forever by climbing towers. That along with resetting outposts might convince me to buy the game (assuming you don't have to play through one of the super easy modes first.)

PS. I also hope the master difficulty ISN'T just turning every enemy into a bullet sponge because that would be the completely wrong way to go about it. Animals other than humans already take far more punishment than they should (which really also needs to be fixed.)

Szocik87
02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Should be more not only a few things fixed, multiplayer need more than you think UBI.

BUT HUGE + FOR YOU THANKS !