PDA

View Full Version : Fw190A4 Strange behavior.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:52 AM
I haven't seen any thing posted about this but I don't have time to read all the postings here.

I had a recently created mission using the A4 that I had flow once prior to the patch and decided to try again after the patch to get a feel for the changes.

During the mission I had an opportunity to pounce on a Yak flying at a lower level (BnZ and all that) My speed was in the 350 - 400Kph range as I started my dive. I pushed the the stick forward to dive on him and I started getting an oscillation. I switched to external view and noticed that the elevator was moving up and down even though I was holding the stick forward. I eased up on the stick and after a couple more oscillations it went away so I tried diving again, same deal. At no time did my speed exceed 450 Kph. I tried diving again on the way home and got the same effect. I switched on the auto pilot while it was doing it and it still oscillated a couple time till the AI cut power and turned to get back on course.

Anyone else noticed this or is it just another goofy thing that only happens to me ?

If that's not funny enough, on the return to base one of the AI's took a hit that apparently locked his ailerons full in one direction. Even though he was rolling to beat hell he still managed to stay with the formation. I didn't fly all the way to base to see how he handled that landing.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:52 AM
I haven't seen any thing posted about this but I don't have time to read all the postings here.

I had a recently created mission using the A4 that I had flow once prior to the patch and decided to try again after the patch to get a feel for the changes.

During the mission I had an opportunity to pounce on a Yak flying at a lower level (BnZ and all that) My speed was in the 350 - 400Kph range as I started my dive. I pushed the the stick forward to dive on him and I started getting an oscillation. I switched to external view and noticed that the elevator was moving up and down even though I was holding the stick forward. I eased up on the stick and after a couple more oscillations it went away so I tried diving again, same deal. At no time did my speed exceed 450 Kph. I tried diving again on the way home and got the same effect. I switched on the auto pilot while it was doing it and it still oscillated a couple time till the AI cut power and turned to get back on course.

Anyone else noticed this or is it just another goofy thing that only happens to me ?

If that's not funny enough, on the return to base one of the AI's took a hit that apparently locked his ailerons full in one direction. Even though he was rolling to beat hell he still managed to stay with the formation. I didn't fly all the way to base to see how he handled that landing.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 03:33 AM
Flak Magnet, the closest thing to your experience I've had happen is that if I give my wingies an order (to attack fighters, my target, or whatever) and they complete that order, my flight control inputs become intermittent when they complete their task, until I give them another order like RTB. If I move the joystick, the input takes for a fraction of a second, then disappears driving the controls back to neutral even though the stick is still displaced. Moving the stick constantly (even a little) will cause porpoising like you discribe (as well as roll racheting.)
Were you solo, or were there wingmen around, and if so had you told them to do anything? If the wingies were the cause, please report it, since I'm the only one I've seen report the bug I discribe, and I'd like to think it's a code problem and not hardware or user error.

Blotto

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter craft, no matter how technically advanced." - A. Galland

"Look, do you want the jets, or would you rather I slap the props back on?" - W. Messerschmitt

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 04:50 AM
I had that in my 190A4 campaign the other day. I attributed it to damage at the time but now I think I'll recheck it.

<center>
Read the <a href=http://www.mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm>IL2 FAQ</a>
Got Nimrod? Try the unofficial <A HREF=http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=4870c2bc08acb0f130e5e3396d08d595>OT forum</A>

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 05:40 AM
Have any of you noticed the 190a4 now has a tendancy to snap to the left. I have noticed this in offline camp. so tried to fly a qmb and the same thing happened there. Now I am not a genius on fms so if this is what is supposed to happen then thats fine with me I just wondering.

HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 06:03 AM
I think I had something like this happen online today in an 190A9. I thought at first I had just lost my wing tip (I don't hear hits, so sometimes losing control is the first clue), but a glance told me otherwise. Then I thought maybe I had accidently screwed the trim up (though I don't remember having my little fingers anywhere near my trim keys, and it happened all of a sudden, not gradually), so I pressed the level-stabilizer key to keep from augering into the ground. Level-stabilizer did in fact maintain the aircraft's altitude and course, but the aircraft continued to rock its wings side to side very rapidly. I pressed the trim neutral keys several times to seemingly no effect, but eventually the aircraft did return to normal flight. I'll have to test what the effects of applying full trim on a 190 are, both under control and under level-stabilizer, but even if it is the trim to blame, it still appears to have happened spontaneously.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 07:17 AM
I tried repeatedly to recreate this behavior in 190s with the QMB. Since the 190s don't even have aeliron or rudder trim, I really don't think accidental trim input is the culprit here.

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 02:12 AM
There were 3 other fighters in my group but I had not issued any order but they were all busy chasing targets of their own.

I haven't had time to try to reproduce this in QMB as my play time has been limited the past few days but if I can I will record a track.

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 03:40 AM
I have noticed that control flutter too. Seems to happen at medium speeds under random conditions. I have never found it to be problematic, just a little odd. I also have that happen in all other planes. So I think it is just a little bug in the way FB handles control inputs.

----------------------------------------
<center>I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.
</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 04:36 AM
reddevil49 wrote:
- Have any of you noticed the 190a4 now has a tendancy
- to snap to the left. I have noticed this in offline
- camp. so tried to fly a qmb and the same thing
- happened there. Now I am not a genius on fms so if
- this is what is supposed to happen then thats fine
- with me I just wondering.
-
- HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS

Ack! that's happening to me too! And it's all the planes for some reason. Planes all roll to the left, it sucks, b/c i can't fly in a straight line. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 04:45 AM
Blade_X_ wrote:
-
- reddevil49 wrote:
-- Have any of you noticed the 190a4 now has a tendancy
-- to snap to the left. I have noticed this in offline
-- camp. so tried to fly a qmb and the same thing
-- happened there. Now I am not a genius on fms so if
-- this is what is supposed to happen then thats fine
-- with me I just wondering.
--
-- HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS
-
- Ack! that's happening to me too! And it's all the
- planes for some reason. Planes all roll to the left,
- it sucks, b/c i can't fly in a straight line. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
-
-

I have not taken a lot of notice as i automatically centre the ball in LW planes with rudder without htinking about it. But possibly the historically correct need for heavy right rudder in LW aicraft that disappeared in FB may have been brought back. if so it is a good thing.

<center> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDLAtUWiWZ3BKw19!aryp7v3C1h1DuNwpHOOuqhlraGSyMAY KiPEOZAA1OBgsLu*Sa0UQ2my0PiFyvNkJ5K7Clsoy7yNtEvOXY nHDuPNiotpZACY2oJxw/aircraftround.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 11:44 AM
up

<center><FONT COLOR="white">ӚFJ-M œ R D ˜ ӡ[/i]</font>

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1059752328.jpg </center>

<center><FONT COLOR="white">The "Ace Edge"(c).
With my incremental trim
I am actually able to turn so quickly that, I never turn at all.
In Fact the Planet Earth rotates around the Axis of My PC, thus giving me the optimum turn rate and insuring that you
the bandit are promptly fraged !!!
In memory Of Ray R.I.P.[/i]</font>

Zayets
08-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Hmmmmm , I've seen that too. I thought is because the dead zone of my stick was zero. I have to check this later.

Zayets out

http://www.arr.go.ro/iar81c.JPG