PDA

View Full Version : TOKW video

JCearlyyears
02-13-2013, 08:24 PM
SPOILERS maybe

http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-iii-tyranny-the-infamy/videos/evil-washington-and-the-power-of-the-wolf-ac-iii-the-tyranny-of-king-washington-dlc-6403856/

pacmanate
02-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Review of the first 7 seconds.

He got shot twice from about 2 metres away with MASSIVE Bullets.
Gets stabbed with a bayonet
GETS SHOT AGAIN

LIVES. WHAT THE HELL. I don't care if it is a dream, that is stupid.

x___Luffy___x
02-13-2013, 08:33 PM
awesome ;)

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 08:35 PM
New OST ?? nice

pacmanate
02-13-2013, 08:39 PM
I like that it is getting a review though. M, do you think this could meet Undead Nightmare standards? Do DLCs even normally get reviews?

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 08:42 PM
I like that it is getting a review though. M, do you think this could meet Undead Nightmare standards? Do DLCs even normally get reviews?
Most DLCs do not get reviews...

To be honest, I do not think it`s up there with UN, but TOKW having a review sounds promising.....even the narrator`s words....it sounds promising...many things to do, epic travel around America,,,,It`s good that it`s having a review, though...something to rely on when it`s released...I`m heavily considering buying it now...just need assurance that i`ll get my money`s worth

Farlander1991
02-13-2013, 08:52 PM
I was one of the most skeptic people when it comes to ToKW... but after watching this video... I admit, it looks pretty sweet. Actually want to play it and check it out.

poptartz20
02-13-2013, 08:59 PM

To be honest, I do not think it`s up there with UN, but TOKW having a review sounds promising.....even the narrator`s words....it sounds promising...many things to do, epic travel around America,,,,It`s good that it`s having a review, though...something to rely on when it`s released...I`m heavily considering buying it now...just need assurance that i`ll get my money`s worth

I feel the same way.. $30.00 is almost half of a brand new game. Everything I have seen so far looks nothing short of great. I have high hopes but don't want to be disappointed either. So I wait. If Haytham makes another appearance at the end. it's game over man. game over. TAKE MY MONEY!! Ha!

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 09:01 PM
I feel the same way.. $30.00 is almost half of a brand new game. Everything I have seen so far looks nothing short of great. I have high hopes but don't want to be disappointed either. So I wait. If Haytham makes another appearance at the end. it's game over man. game over. TAKE MY MONEY!! Ha!
Indeed...Right now, I`m just like you, i`ll wait a bit, when I know what I want, it`s game over...buying

Vex_Assassin
02-13-2013, 09:02 PM
the DLC looks cool, hope it wont be 1 hour each part though ...

pacmanate
02-13-2013, 09:02 PM

Mm that is what I was thinking, about it having a review meaning it must be good. The narrator sounded pretty pleased. Notice the map and how the treasure icons were diff? Maybe this will have cooler stuff and a new crafting system?

And yeah I forget I was supposed to tell you how good it was haha. I remember saying I would to you like ages ago. You will get my review after I finish it :P

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Mm that is what I was thinking, about it having a review meaning it must be good. The narrator sounded pretty pleased. Notice the map and how the treasure icons were diff? Maybe this will have cooler stuff and a new crafting system?

And yeah I forget I was supposed to tell you how good it was haha. I remember saying I would to you like ages ago. You will get my review after I finish it :P
I forgot about that too xD Thanks, mate :P

But yeah, he does sound pleased....

Also,
http://gyazo.com/0c0c30f716532c030dc24fb1e575855f.png?1360785744

dewgel
02-13-2013, 09:06 PM
the DLC looks cool, hope it wont be 1 hour each part though ...

You can't put an estimated gameplay time on a free-roaming sandbox game. It's as long as you make it. It's also difficult to put time to any game, some players will explore and go beyond, some players will just plow through the story and fast travel everywhere

pacmanate
02-13-2013, 09:18 PM
I forgot about that too xD Thanks, mate :P

But yeah, he does sound pleased....

Also,
http://gyazo.com/0c0c30f716532c030dc24fb1e575855f.png?1360785744

I don't even...

and to the guy above me. You can now fast travel directly to a mission. Estimated game time should be all the missions added up, with like 20 minutes added for free roaming I think.

ACfan443
02-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Looks awesome, I just hope gameplay time is satisfactory.

dewgel
02-13-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't even...

and to the guy above me. You can now fast travel directly to a mission. Estimated game time should be all the missions added up, with like 20 minutes added for free roaming I think.

I just don't see how anyone can give a time on a free-roam game. There's different paths, different ways etc

If you go into the game expecting it to be 4 hours long, it's never going to impress you.

pacmanate
02-13-2013, 09:23 PM
I just don't see how anyone can give a time on a free-roam game. There's different paths, different ways etc

If you go into the game expecting it to be 4 hours long, it's never going to impress you.

Then they shouldnt give any time frame then. Either they should do mission time, or no time. You pay for the missions, not to run around anyway.

dewgel
02-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Then they shouldnt give any time frame then. Either they should do mission time, or no time. You pay for the missions, not to run around anyway.

But you don't pay for time. I agree they're stupid to give time, but their times will simple be the average playtime from their playtesters, who to be honest won't be AC fans. They'll be generic players. Some will smash through it, some will spend ages doing achievements and such.

TheHumanTowel
02-13-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm interested in this DLC but it really comes down to whether there's enough content in there to justify the price. I'll wait and see what people here say and reviews before I decide if I'm going to get it.

pacmanate
02-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Yes this is a real comment

"wat the hell connors mom is dead and a cloaking device thats ******ed this doesnt make sense wouldnt she look old if she lived and ben franklin wouldnt be alive this doesnt make any sense at all"

FirestarLuva
02-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Really looking forward to this. Connor seems so happy to see his mom again.
Sad he'll have to see her die a second time. :(

Sick_one12
02-13-2013, 10:08 PM
so does connor know about everything that happened in ACIII? it kind of seems so.

also I hope theres some kind of explanation for Connors survival after all these shots and stabbing at close range and his invisibility cloak:confused:

I wonder whats the reason for this non reality story modern time wise...does it have something to do with Desmonds status?

is he experiencing these memories?the loading screen looks kind of like another black room? hm Im intrigued:D

straty88
02-13-2013, 10:11 PM
so does connor know about everything that happened in ACIII? it kind of seems so.

It seems so, as he hugs his mother and she doesn't really see what the fuss is about.

Sushiglutton
02-13-2013, 10:37 PM
I like that it takes place in the frontier and that Connor has some new abilities to play with. I don't mind a bit of magic as long as it is fun. Cloaking has worked well in many other games (Crysis, Deus Ex etc)-

YuurHeen
02-13-2013, 10:53 PM
looks awful.

any news on ac4 yet?

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 11:08 PM
looks awful.

any news on ac4 yet?
No...

Gil_217
02-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Liked what I've seen so far, but I hope to God those powers are optional, they're a terrible idea in my opinion.

FirestarLuva
02-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Did anyone notice the Apple of Eden around 3:27 of the video? Once it showed up the white room wasn't actually 'white' any more. I have a feeling Juno will screw with Connor again.

DisbandedBox359
02-14-2013, 07:04 PM
looks awesome, stabby stabby haha

straty88
02-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Did anyone notice the Apple of Eden around 3:27 of the video? Once it showed up the white room wasn't actually 'white' any more. I have a feeling Juno will screw with Connor again.

Yeah I thought I saw something but I didn't really investigate it much further. Interesting...

FirestarLuva
02-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Yeah I thought I saw something but I didn't really investigate it much further. Interesting...

I have a feeling he will come across an apple of eden which will make him have this dream.

pacmanate
02-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Liked what I've seen so far, but I hope to God those powers are optional, they're a terrible idea in my opinion.

The wolf showed up in the tool so yes. And of course they would be optional. The game never forces you to use anything unless its a tutorial or something.

I have a feeling he will come across an apple of eden which will make him have this dream.

I think.... he will just have a dream when he is asleep.

UrDeviant1
02-14-2013, 09:46 PM
The wolf showed up in the tool so yes. And of course they would be optional. The game never forces you to use anything unless its a tutorial or something.

I think.... he will just have a dream when he is asleep.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to try out these cool powers. Seeing as this isn't even set in reality, I don't see how it infringes upon the "realism" AC offers.

Also, I hope it's a bit deeper than "oh, just a dream".

RinoTheBouncer
02-14-2013, 10:28 PM
I have Season Pass so in that case, I am getting it God willing it works with no problems hehe xD

I think it looks pretty promising and I hope it won't turn out to be a dream but an alternate reality or a vision through the numbers that Juno and Minerva talked about. It's like another possibility in history that Abstergo is using through a device similar to Minerva's Eye device.

I don't know why everyone wants it to be dream, just a dream. I mean why not release another AC DLC as a dream when Connor dreamed that he's dating some girl and we play the preparations for the wedding, lol? I guess this needs to have a purpose not just added for the sake of it.

UrDeviant1
02-14-2013, 10:36 PM
I have Season Pass so in that case, I am getting it God willing it works with no problems hehe xD
I think it looks pretty promising and I hope it won't turn out to be a dream but an alternate reality or a vision through the numbers that Juno and Minerva talked about. It's like another possibility in history that Abstergo is using through a device similar to Minerva's Eye device.

Minerva's eye device? Isn't that the thing Juno used to free herself? that doesn't create alternate realities.

EDIT: the eye actually was the device used to look to the future. ma bad

RinoTheBouncer
02-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Minerva's eye device? Isn't that the thing Juno used to free herself? that doesn't create alternate realities.

Juno did mention that they used some device to know the outcomes of the things they do and whether they make a difference or not. Maybe Abstergo made something similar and now they're seeing through the possibilities. After all, they built the animus which is pretty much similar to the Masyaf Keys which was the work of the First Civilization.

UrDeviant1
02-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Juno did mention that they used some device to know the outcomes of the things they do and whether they make a difference or not. Maybe Abstergo made something similar and now they're seeing through the possibilities. After all, they built the animus which is pretty much similar to the Masyaf Keys which was the work of the First Civilization.

As far as I'm aware, people can't make first civ tech, only find it and utilise it. That piece of tech was used to project themselves into the future, i'm not sure what good it would be to go and alter the past.

Sturnz0r
02-15-2013, 01:29 AM

you have teh option to use them or not

like in splinter cell how some don't like mark and execute

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 04:48 AM
It sounds like Ben Franklin's making an appearance. Good. I was disappointed that he was such a tiny character in the game, when it sounded like he was going to be pretty prominent before the release what with all the Almanac pages and inventions being promised.

Also, it sounds as if Haytham is dead in this expansion. Notice Connor says "I know who my father was..." Granted, he could just be referring to the fact that he left before Connor was born, but in the main game, he knew good and well that Haytham was still around even from the start.

wapikas
02-15-2013, 10:06 AM
what is this. Connors mother is alive and of cloak ability. AC is not metal gear solid. I don't get it anymore. AC3 sucks balls. I glad that next installment is whole new setting. Thou AC kind of is falling apart and is getting boring with those once in a year releases and with those pointless plot twists and weird abilities.

BeeMavrick559
02-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Sound like this alternate reality is going to play well into the actual story. Being able to see the possibilities, is endless. Makes sense Connors mom is alive. Maybe his dad is and actual had a change of heart but can't show his face because he's a marked man? I bought the season pass because I knew for my money's worth I'd be saving a dime Or a fifteen depending on gas ahahah.

pacmanate
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
what is this. Connors mother is alive and of cloak ability. AC is not metal gear solid. I don't get it anymore. AC3 sucks balls. I glad that next installment is whole new setting. Thou AC kind of is falling apart and is getting boring with those once in a year releases and with those pointless plot twists and weird abilities.

Metal Gear Solid is not hard to understand. And to answer your first question, everyone knows it is a dream reality. Well, almost everyone. And LOL at AC3 sucks balls, that is kinda funny. Weird abilities are fun, because they are in a dream, the devs have more freedom, can throw random cool things in that dont need to make sense.

zerocooll21
02-15-2013, 03:57 PM
I really curious to see how this ties into main story line. I just read a article saying Ubi planed this as being Canon. Didn't they say it wasn't at first?

misterB2001
02-15-2013, 04:06 PM
I really curious to see how this ties into main story line. I just read a article saying Ubi planed this as being Canon. Didn't they say it wasn't at first?

Link?

zerocooll21
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-15-assassins-creed-3s-wacky-the-tyranny-of-king-washington-dlc-features-superpowers-hallucinogens-and-an-alternate-history-storyline

RatonhnhakeFan
02-15-2013, 04:37 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-15-assassins-creed-3s-wacky-the-tyranny-of-king-washington-dlc-features-superpowers-hallucinogens-and-an-alternate-history-storylineVery interesting. And it looks like my speculation may be correct, that perhaps this is all "this will happen if you don't take the Apple away from Washington" kind of a dea, and at the end that's what Raton will do in "real" timeline. I'm glad it's canon (even though it's only a dream apparently). Would hate totally alternate non-canon universe

zerocooll21
02-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Agreed. I wasn't really going to bother with the DLC but now that its Canon I can't help but "need" to find out what happens lol.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Or perhaps it has something to do with that time-bending POE? The one Abstergo experimented to move some ship into future but then discarded the experiment based on continuity concerns? In any case, glad it's canon and will have consequences later one. And really glad that it seems to go deeper into Native culture & beliefs. This DLC may be just perfect for me :D

misterB2001
02-15-2013, 04:58 PM
They've just gained themselves an extra customer.

InfectedNation
02-15-2013, 05:29 PM
After reading that Eurogamer article i'm getting this on tuesday no matter how short it is. Even if it's a complete rip off.

Gil_217
02-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Very interesting. And it looks like my speculation may be correct, that perhaps this is all "this will happen if you don't take the Apple away from Washington" kind of a deal, and at the end that's what Raton will do in "real" timeline.

That is the definition of non canon. It's an alternate scenario, an "what if". And Connor's mother is alive in this DLC, they appear together when Connor is an adult, which totally defies AC3's events.

Totally canon!

UrDeviant1
02-15-2013, 05:47 PM
I knew this wouldn't just be a frickin dream. Would be cool to see one of the first civs in this DLC.

silvermercy
02-15-2013, 05:53 PM
If Juno for example has anything to do with his new condition (where he remembers everything) then, yes, it is canon. Dream or not.

zerocooll21
02-15-2013, 06:24 PM
That is the definition of non canon. It's an alternate scenario, an "what if". And Connor's mother is alive in this DLC, they appear together when Connor is an adult, which totally defies AC3's events.

By that logic Abstergo's Satellite launch, which would have failed if it happen, is a non cannon / what if? ;)

IDK if the author of that article just messed up or what but if its it true than the whole thing is canon.

Gil_217
02-15-2013, 06:39 PM
By that logic Abstergo's Satellite launch, which would have failed if it happen, is a non cannon / what if? ;)

IDK if the author of that article just messed up or what but if its it true than the whole thing is canon.

Abstergo planning to launch the satellite is canon
Abstergo actually launching the satellite is not canon, because it never happened
The outcomes of that possible launch are not canon, because the launch never happened

If Ubisoft created a game about Abstergo actually launching that satellite, with we experiencing the outcome and the implications, that would be an alternate scenario, because in the real timeline, that never happened, just like this DLC.

And why didn't you address the last part of my post?

UrDeviant1
02-15-2013, 06:47 PM

Totally canon!

It could still be cannon to the modern day story and therefore, totally cannon!

FirestarLuva
02-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Or perhaps it has something to do with that time-bending POE? The one Abstergo experimented to move some ship into future but then discarded the experiment based on continuity concerns? In any case, glad it's canon and will have consequences later one. And really glad that it seems to go deeper into Native culture & beliefs. This DLC may be just perfect for me :D

More native interactions, awesome! I knew Ubi wouldn't leave out the potential with Connor having more interactions with his village, even if it's a DLC, at least it's canon. Looks like your petition worked RatonFan. :D

Also;
"The first episode starts with a 15-20 second video that's all garbled, but you can un-garble that if you collect all the memory artefacts." These artefacts are Animus glitch-style collectibles hidden around the game world. "It's actually a two-minute video - we just took images from it for the garbled montage."

Maybe that video might be a hint at a new Connor game or something about the modern day?

pacmanate
02-15-2013, 08:49 PM
http://expansivedlc.com/the-tyranny-of-king-washington-like-a-seven-a-half-hour-tv-show/

Ubisoft stating that the whole DLC will be 7.5 hours long. Lets all bare in mind that Undead Nightmare was easily an 8 hours. Now, that is UBISOFT TIME.

FirestarLuva
02-15-2013, 08:51 PM
http://expansivedlc.com/the-tyranny-of-king-washington-like-a-seven-a-half-hour-tv-show/

Ubisoft stating that the whole DLC will be 7.5 hours long. Lets all bare in mind that Undead Nightmare was easily an 8 hours. Now, that is UBISOFT TIME.

Thanks for the news!
And side missions that will tie with the main story? Yes!

UrDeviant1
02-15-2013, 09:07 PM

As I suspected. Around 2 hours each piece of DLC. I'm happy with that. Certainly beats 25 minuets.

zerocooll21
02-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Abstergo planning to launch the satellite is canon
Abstergo actually launching the satellite is not canon, because it never happened
The outcomes of that possible launch are not canon, because the launch never happened

If Ubisoft created a game about Abstergo actually launching that satellite, with we experiencing the outcome and the implications, that would be an alternate scenario, because in the real timeline, that never happened, just like this DLC.

And why didn't you address the last part of my post?

I'm sure you could see where I was going with it. Wasn't being dead serious hence the wink.

I didn't address the last part because I though it was either a typo based on your previous statements or you were being sarcastic. Either way wasn't a need to.

BeeMavrick559
02-16-2013, 02:57 PM
The cloud is up in real time.

dewgel
02-16-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm sure you could see where I was going with it. Wasn't being dead serious hence the wink.

I didn't address the last part because I though it was either a typo based on your previous statements or you were being sarcastic. Either way wasn't a need to.

How do we know Abstergo never launched the Eye Abstergo? It was set to launch December 21st 2012. We don't know anything of the modern storyline past that, other than Desmond being a computer ghost now.

kuled2012
02-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Alright I'm confused, they've been saying all this time the game is non canon now all of a sudden it is canon? What??

MasterAssasin84
02-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Alright I'm confused, they've been saying all this time the game is non canon now all of a sudden it is canon? What??

It is certainly non canon which makes me worried , this is how ubi have described it http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/productID.259159600/sac.true

Nightmare8767
02-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Oh, the Tyranny isn't canon, but the... vision is. As a vision of Connor.

Take it as if we saw Connor have a dream ;)

zerocooll21
02-17-2013, 12:01 AM
How do we know Abstergo never launched the Eye Abstergo? It was set to launch December 21st 2012. We don't know anything of the modern storyline past that, other than Desmond being a computer ghost now.

Desmond saw that Lucy would have taken the apple an the Eye Abstergo would launch / fail. IDK how to explian it since we don't know yet but if those new reports are true than it is canon.

MasterAssasin84
02-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Oh, the Tyranny isn't canon, but the... vision is. As a vision of Connor.

Take it as if we saw Connor have a dream ;)

So really and truly TOKW has zilch to do with Assassins Creed wether its a dream or not ?