PDA

View Full Version : Title Update 5 (Patch 1.03) Now Available

Mr_Shade
02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey there Assassins,

We’ve just launched another patch for Assassin’s Creed III which repairs a few remaining single-player issues, many known multiplayer issues and prepares the game data for the release of our first single-player DLC: The Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy!

NOTE: If you are a PC player and encounter incompatibility with Punkbuster, please see the following link for details on how to manually update Punkbuster: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/753098-Here-is-how-to-Update-PunkBuster-after-Patch-1-03-Forums
If problems persist, please refer to this thread for updates:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/753078-Punkbustr-kick-after-new-patch?p=8922341&viewfull=1#post8922341

SINGLE-PLAYER
SEQUENCE
- Fixed a potential crash in mission “Bridewell Prison” when trying to skip cinematic with Mason.

BUG FIX
- Fixed a bug preventing the creation of new Uplay accounts
- Removed the ability to hide pivots during pass-throughs and cinematics

DLC PREPARATION
- Added support for “Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy”
- Fixed potential game data corruption when a DLC download ends while the player is in-game.

MULTIPLAYER
MODES
- In Wolfpack, a target doesn’t remain stuck on the ground if the player hosting the game leaves while another player is joining at the same time.
- In Wolfpack, some targets that were not visible to players under certain conditions can now be seen correctly.
- In Wolfpack, the radar is not broken under certain conditions anymore.
- In Artifact Assault, Team members can now correctly score when the initial artifact carrier gets killed under certain conditions.
- In Deathmatch, players no longer have lookalikes NPCs unless they use abilities that create lookalikes.
- In Deathmatch, the game no longer crashes in the New York brewery map for a player who used a Decoy while hiding in a group.
- Some players are no longer stuck in rematch after completing a Simple Deathmatch session on the Saint Pierre map.

LADDERS
- Some ladder issues when players left a session during the first minute have been corrected.
- Ladders now update properly upon a full group kick.

GRAPHICAL GLITCHES
- The Independent’s hair when she wears the Wild Cat costume now displays correctly.
- The Strong Man’s white costume, alternative costume and warrior costume now display properly when hiding in a group.

PLATFORM SPECIFIC
- On Xbox 360, the Uplay icon and unlock conditions for unlockables redeemed via Uplay have been restored.
- Loyalty unlocks are now available on PC.

MISC.
- Character customization is no longer reset under certain conditions.
- The Wipe ability now correctly works from a distance.
- The timer now properly starts and players can interact with each other prior to the host getting into the session.
- Sound will properly keep playing when trying to watch a video under certain conditions.
- An error message now displays when players attempt to watch DLC videos without having the DLC installed.
- Chasebreakers in the Animus Core map now correctly reopen for team mates.
Players are no longer stuck on leaving game session screen under certain circumstances.
- When you create a group in a private game, that group now stays the same through different sessions.

Felix-Vivo
02-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Oh good... because my game started updating when I was playing earlier and I panicked wondering what on earth was downloading onto my machine :)

pablo2977
02-13-2013, 05:41 PM
So no music in free roam
That was supost to be there wasnt it

prince162010
02-13-2013, 05:47 PM
SINGLE-PLAYER
SEQUENCE
- Fixed a potential crash in mission “Bridewell Prison” when trying to skip cinematic with Mason.

BUG FIX

DLC PREPARATION
- Fixed potential game data corruption when a DLC download ends while the player is in-game.

so that's all what we have for the single player.....i didn't expect that from you ubisoft :(:( BAAAAAD PATCH

prince162010
02-13-2013, 05:48 PM
:mad::mad::mad: THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO OUR FEEDBACK!!!!!

ACfan443
02-13-2013, 05:51 PM
No ambient music.

prince162010
02-13-2013, 05:58 PM
No ambient music.

yes there is no ambient music they didn't add them in free roaming:(:(

Jaxelrod
02-13-2013, 06:09 PM
So... no fix to the Jacob Zenger glitch?

Thanks Ubisoft.

Bullet747
02-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Nothing real interesting with this patch but I'm glad they're still working at it.

SleezeRocker
02-13-2013, 07:24 PM
On my end, the game updated to "2.01"? Don't know if it's a big deal but I didn't get update "1.03"

ktyoung
02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
There was music?

straty88
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
On my end, the game updated to "2.01"? Don't know if it's a big deal but I didn't get update "1.03"
I think that's just PS3 specific. As I had the same patch number come up. :)

JiGsAw115
02-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Soo the Pivots are fixed?

Skimask2542
02-13-2013, 08:39 PM
The almanac issue that is still not allowing me to get 100% complete.

and the fact that when I ride the horse at the mansion the entire environment starts to get black "snowflakes".

These things should have never been bugs in the first place, and the fact that they did not fix them yet is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. :mad:

SleezeRocker
02-13-2013, 08:39 PM
I think that's just PS3 specific. As I had the same patch number come up. :)

Ah gotcha!

dewgel
02-13-2013, 09:14 PM
For those children complaining about Ambient music, would you kindly give me a link where Ubisoft officially confirmed there would be ambient music in free roam getting added? Or are you just speculating and getting upset?

The game wouldn't even suit it. That's not the style. The Frontier is designed to be silent so you can hear what's happening, it's just what suits the period. Ezio's time period was full of musical renaissance and all that jazz.

the_atm
02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
SINGLE-PLAYER
SEQUENCE

BUG FIX

DLC PREPARATION

so that's all what we have for the single player.....i didn't expect that from you ubisoft :(:( BAAAAAD PATCH
I some what agree, I e-mailed them regarding Connor hiding his face with his hood when being investigated and they said they would address it in the next patch, this one, but that didn't happen... but They did at least fix almost everything, and no the lack of music is good, makes you feel more in touch with the location your in.

Capt Ron CFH 01
02-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Still no fix for the Boston UFO Frontiersmen mission? I won't give you a cent for dlc until that is fixed.

the_atm
02-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Still no fix for the Boston UFO Frontiersmen mission? I won't give you a cent for dlc until that is fixed.
WHOA LOOK OUT UBISOFT! THIS ONE PERSON, ONE PERSON OUT OF 12MILLION WON'T BUY A DLC! really though? grow up...

To other people pointing out other bugs, I've not seen any of the bugs you make mention of, the only other bug I see is the bug were when you load into an enviroment like black creek and everything is... pixelated and not loading right.... that's the best way i can describe it.

AlexFili
02-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Great news about the patch, but I'm still having a problem in Singleplayer mode with the first convoy being permanently "under attack". There needs to be a way to reset convoys, or the first convoy is permanently unusable for me. I tried submitting a ticket but it didn't really seem to get addressed.

Maces626
02-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm still stuck at 99% completion because I have not received 100% credit for picking up all the almanac pages. I found all the pages and crafted all the items, but for some reason, it won't give me 100% completion. Please fix this bug so I can get the platinum trophy. Thanks.

Razytos
02-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Still stuck at 99% with the UFO quest, not fair :(

Dosenwabe
02-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Good MP fixes! But New York and Boston in SP are still silent and boring... And the DLC maps empty.

I-Like-Pie45
02-14-2013, 03:06 AM
Will dyes ever fully show up in cutscenes?

sticks165
02-14-2013, 03:17 AM
Will dyes ever fully show up in cutscenes?

no they won't.

rileypoole1234
02-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Can anyone report if they're FPS has increased or if they're lag has decreased? I won't be able to play AC3 for at least a day and that's all I'm worried about.

vat95
02-14-2013, 04:29 AM
*sigh* I guess skinning animals is just going to stay bugged in my game. :nonchalance:

kriegerdesgottes
02-14-2013, 05:10 AM
People we didn't get a fix when they screwed up the background music in Revelations. Why would we expect them to put it in this game when I don't think they ever meant to in the first place.

BATISTABUS
02-14-2013, 05:56 AM
I don't care if it's been said a million times already...ambient music.

TheSpong
02-14-2013, 09:14 AM
As someone who never plays the multiplayer, that's a pretty lousy patch. And still no word either way about the ambient soundtrack.

Aphex_Tim
02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
So no music in free roam
That was supost to be there wasnt it

Nope.

ACfan443
02-14-2013, 01:25 PM
The game wouldn't even suit it. That's not the style. The Frontier is designed to be silent so you can hear what's happening, it's just what suits the period. Ezio's time period was full of musical renaissance and all that jazz.

I cannot disagree with this more. AC1's period and atmosphere was completely the opposite to that of AC2's, and was more similar to AC3's, yet it had ambient music which complimented the world beautifully. Ambient music should be used irrespective of time period/setting.

Capt Ron CFH 01
02-14-2013, 03:52 PM
WHOA LOOK OUT UBISOFT! THIS ONE PERSON, ONE PERSON OUT OF 12MILLION WON'T BUY A DLC! really though? grow up...

To other people pointing out other bugs, I've not seen any of the bugs you make mention of, the only other bug I see is the bug were when you load into an enviroment like black creek and everything is... pixelated and not loading right.... that's the best way i can describe it.

the_atm, congrats on being a grown up you ****bag. I had this game preordered as early as March 2012. I loved all of the other Assassin's Creed game with the exception of Brotherhood which didn't really do much for me and I was patiently awaiting the release of AC3. I finished the game full sync, all other achievements outside of MP complete except for Completionist which won't complete becuase despite having the Boston UFO mission in my guidebook there is no icon on my map and nothing appears when I do travel to the tree on the hill where the UFO is.

If you had spent 35+ hours playing the game (having a good time I may add) Only to have your 100% achievement stopped by this one mission that is, by the way, an issue for other people too. Wouldn't you be upset? Now take into account that you've contacted Ubisoft about this problem since Nov 2012 and they keep saying "We know about the problem there's a patching coming in Dec....then January" and it's still not fixed meanwhile they keep fixing the MP and rolling out the red carpet for DLC?

I'm sure Ubisoft will eventually fix this issue. If not my only option is to restart a new game from the beginning and hope that the UFO mission works. But don't troll me because I'm frustrated that they're obviously putting future focus into DLC and MP. Yeah I need to grow up. Again congrats on being one of 12 Million sheep you asshat.

More Credible
02-14-2013, 04:19 PM
the_atm, congrats on being a grown up you ****bag. I had this game preordered as early as March 2012. I loved all of the other Assassin's Creed game with the exception of Brotherhood which didn't really do much for me and I was patiently awaiting the release of AC3. I finished the game full sync, all other achievements outside of MP complete except for Completionist which won't complete becuase despite having the Boston UFO mission in my guidebook there is no icon on my map and nothing appears when I do travel to the tree on the hill where the UFO is.

If you had spent 35+ hours playing the game (having a good time I may add) Only to have your 100% achievement stopped by this one mission that is, by the way, an issue for other people too. Wouldn't you be upset? Now take into account that you've contacted Ubisoft about this problem since Nov 2012 and they keep saying "We know about the problem there's a patching coming in Dec....then January" and it's still not fixed meanwhile they keep fixing the MP and rolling out the red carpet for DLC?

I'm sure Ubisoft will eventually fix this issue. If not my only option is to restart a new game from the beginning and hope that the UFO mission works. But don't troll me because I'm frustrated that they're obviously putting future focus into DLC and MP. Yeah I need to grow up. Again congrats on being one of 12 Million sheep you asshat.

[STANDS AND APPLAUDS FEVERISHLY]

As a dude who got jinxed out of his Completionist achievement thanks to the Almanac glitch, and who's had the messaged and tweeted Ubisoft support atleast 10 times about my issue (and others), I think you've got the total right to be pissed off about this patch. I've heard the same nonsense too: "Oh a patch is coming here, and then here, and then here..."

But hey, while you're waiting, why don't you spend a premium on our DLC when we haven't fixed the regular game to begin with? That my friends, is getting hosed. If I have to play through the story again (with no guarantee that everything will work mind you) to pop my Completionist achievement before they release a patch, this will be the LAST Ubisoft game I purchase new. I've spent atleast $500 in Assassin's Creed Limited Edition games, you don't think I deserve it?

Zial-
02-14-2013, 06:48 PM
This is pathetic. This game was released on October 30, 2012 and after all of the patches, the permanently attacked convoy glitch is still here and the stuck pivots are too!
It's great that you "Removed the ability to hide pivots during pass-throughs and cinematics" but if you don't reset the pivots that are already stuck in them, then that means nothing to me and anyone else that has this issue. Reset the **** pivots and fix the convoy glitch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejycJFMD8a0

straty88
02-14-2013, 07:03 PM

First of all the 1st part of your comment is completely irrelevant & has nothing to do with your issue.

Yes they're releasing DLC because another team is dealing with the patches/fixes for the game. These things take time, a lot of time for certain things and even the smallest of bugs can take weeks/months to fix. Add that to the fact other bugs will take priority I.e. crashes, corrupted saves etc and yes it takes them a while to fix a lot of this stuff.

As someone that completed the game 100% on my 1st save (on my 5th now but I've only completed this particular mission twice) I can say I haven't encountered pretty much any of these progress hindering types of bugs, so while they're there, they are rarer than you think. This also makes it harder considering the amount of things that could potentially trigger a bug/glitch (missions in a particular order/ collectables etc) that then means this mission can't be completed.

Yes this patch was mediocre if you play AC3 strictly for SP but this does mean they're still supporting it and I'd suspect they'll be supporting it even further down the line. At least until they release all the DLC packs for this game. Just be patient and try to make sure your posts about this issue is as clear and detailed as possible so they can fix said issue. Cursing at forum members and just generally screaming at Ubi to fix it isn't really helping, unless you give them as much info as possible i.e. things that could've triggered this glitch etc.

Billiam301
02-14-2013, 07:20 PM
What about the Bow Glitch? Or the fact there's no ambient music? Seriously? Why don't ubisoft listen to our feedback?!

LoyalACFan
02-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Dual holster glitch with special outfits? That was a big complaint on here for a while. I haven't had time to play video games in almost a month; is this still not fixed, or have I just missed that patch?

straty88
02-14-2013, 07:43 PM
What about the Bow Glitch? Or the fact there's no ambient music? Seriously? Why don't ubisoft listen to our feedback?!

Having no ambient music isn't a glitch, they chose not to implement it.

Billiam301
02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Having no ambient music isn't a glitch, they chose not to implement it.

I never said it was a glitch but since so many people have requested it or complained about it, I would have thought Ubisoft would so something about it

jadjohnny
02-14-2013, 08:02 PM
*applause* *applause* bravo Ubisoft you seriously are the best devs (this is sarcasm). I lose hope for you now. You screw up my loyalty to this series, thanks you very much... this lose of loyalty won't be patched either. Thanks for heard our feedback, claiming hearing and reading out tickets both on the site and the phoneline and making our time worth it. U seriously exceed on all. Ciao.

LoyalACFan
02-14-2013, 08:04 PM
I never said it was a glitch but since so many people have requested it or complained about it, I would have thought Ubisoft would so something about it

It's not going to happen; there IS no ambient music for this game. It doesn't exist. They can't just magically stick music in it, they would have to hire someone to create all-new tracks, which takes way too much time and money, especially since we're talking about doing it after the fact.

Billiam301
02-14-2013, 08:39 PM
It's not going to happen; there IS no ambient music for this game. It doesn't exist. They can't just magically stick music in it, they would have to hire someone to create all-new tracks, which takes way too much time and money, especially since we're talking about doing it after the fact.

but they wouldn't have to create all new tracks, parts of the song 'Welcome to Boston' would fit perfectly with wandering around Boston or New York, and if they can put things as complicated as tree running in the game, I'm pretty sure they could put a bit of music in

Billiam301
02-14-2013, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig64CNZ1h14, here's the music that should be in the game LoyalACFan

straty88
02-14-2013, 08:49 PM

Some people were, I just forgot I tagged your post. Either way they chose not to implement it and they probably have other 'issues' that take priority over this.

Animator_Alex
02-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Where is this update on the Wii U?

Capt Ron CFH 01
02-14-2013, 11:00 PM
First of all the 1st part of your comment is completely irrelevant & has nothing to do with your issue.

Yes they're releasing DLC because another team is dealing with the patches/fixes for the game. These things take time, a lot of time for certain things and even the smallest of bugs can take weeks/months to fix. Add that to the fact other bugs will take priority I.e. crashes, corrupted saves etc and yes it takes them a while to fix a lot of this stuff.

As someone that completed the game 100% on my 1st save (on my 5th now but I've only completed this particular mission twice) I can say I haven't encountered pretty much any of these progress hindering types of bugs, so while they're there, they are rarer than you think. This also makes it harder considering the amount of things that could potentially trigger a bug/glitch (missions in a particular order/ collectables etc) that then means this mission can't be completed.

Yes this patch was mediocre if you play AC3 strictly for SP but this does mean they're still supporting it and I'd suspect they'll be supporting it even further down the line. At least until they release all the DLC packs for this game. Just be patient and try to make sure your posts about this issue is as clear and detailed as possible so they can fix said issue. Cursing at forum members and just generally screaming at Ubi to fix it isn't really helping, unless you give them as much info as possible i.e. things that could've triggered this glitch etc.

Maybe you didn't see my original comment where I said that I wouldn't give Ubisoft another cent until the UFO mission was complete.

the_atm told me to "grow up"

I understand that patches take time and that fixing one issue may cause other issues almost like a butterfly effect within the game.
But from Nov 2012 just a week after the game's release to mid Feb 2013 without a fix?? I have sent Ubisoft multiple tickets describing the issue and gotten repsonses back that they're aware of the issue and working to resolve it. Last time they told me there was a patch coming in Jan 2013...refering to this patch it seems.

I'm glad you were able to play through without any issues but I did have an issue. That single broken mission is keeping me from getting 100% and frankly souring my experience with Ubisoft. I actually enjoyed AC3 very much and while Connor wasn't as developed a character as I would have liked I wouldn't mind if he appeared in the next game. I guess that's not happening now as they're saying new time period/new character.

You can get down off your soapbox now.

johnsow5918
02-15-2013, 01:51 AM
I have the 89% almanac page glitch. This glitch is the only thing keeping me from 100% for everything,Just today I updated an earlier ticket I sent Ubi support on the issue since this new patch didn't fix it. Here's the response I received:

Response Via Email (Matt Y.)

02/14/2013 06:28 PM

Hello ********,

This is a known issue for some players at this time and I am not entirely certain that the issue will be addressed. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Nice huh?

KeirRyu
02-15-2013, 04:15 AM
it still didn't fix the ufo mission

plisken1979
02-16-2013, 05:34 AM
[QUOTE=johnsow5918;8924948]I have the 89% almanac page glitch. This glitch is the only thing keeping me from 100% for everything,Just today I updated an earlier ticket I sent Ubi support on the issue since this new patch didn't fix it. Here's the response I received:

Hello ********,

This is a known issue for some players at this time and I am not entirely certain that the issue will be addressed. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Nice huh?

same problem i have aswell. well, if this is there response i can honesly say if it's never fixed i will never buy another AC title ever again.

BATISTABUS
02-16-2013, 07:01 AM
That is totally inexcusable. How can they not patch a glitch that prevents you from fully completing the game?

AdamPearce
02-16-2013, 07:57 AM
This is ridiculous, how do you do to be so ****ty on every single point ? Why take off the ambient music ? Jesus are you all on the cristal to take decision like this ?! You had the musics, you had the cities, why did you take them off ?!?! First you take off wonderfull cineatics with Achilles and an excellent Epilogue, and now this, I'm starting to think that you want to destroy the saga ? Aren't you ?

straty88
02-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Maybe you didn't see my original comment where I said that I wouldn't give Ubisoft another cent until the UFO mission was complete.

the_atm told me to "grow up"

I understand that patches take time and that fixing one issue may cause other issues almost like a butterfly effect within the game.
But from Nov 2012 just a week after the game's release to mid Feb 2013 without a fix?? I have sent Ubisoft multiple tickets describing the issue and gotten repsonses back that they're aware of the issue and working to resolve it. Last time they told me there was a patch coming in Jan 2013...refering to this patch it seems.

I'm glad you were able to play through without any issues but I did have an issue. That single broken mission is keeping me from getting 100% and frankly souring my experience with Ubisoft. I actually enjoyed AC3 very much and while Connor wasn't as developed a character as I would have liked I wouldn't mind if he appeared in the next game. I guess that's not happening now as they're saying new time period/new character.

You can get down off your soapbox now.

Again they prioritize things that need fixing. Hence the reason why in this patch they fixed a issue with the DLC download would cause a save to be corrupted. Plus if this issue was universal for everyone then they would fix it asap but as only a number of people have encountered this issue it's a low priority fix.

"You can get down off your soapbox now."
What because I'm trying to explain to you maybe why this hasn't been fixed yet, whatever.

TheFirstEvil28
02-17-2013, 07:40 AM
it still didn't fix the ufo mission

Looks like there won't be a patch for this anytime soon. Lots of threads on this bug, and no response from any ubisoft staff. Numerous reports in this thread alone. Include me in having this bug on my game. Thanks Ubisoft.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-17-2013, 07:55 AM
I was able to do the ufo mission without probs o.O.

comicexpress
02-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Hey there Assassins,

We’ve just launched another patch for Assassin’s Creed III which repairs a few remaining single-player issues, many known multiplayer issues and prepares the game data for the release of our first single-player DLC: The Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy!

MULTIPLAYER
MODES
- In Wolfpack, a target doesn’t remain stuck on the ground if the player hosting the game leaves while another player is joining at the same time.
- In Wolfpack, some targets that were not visible to players under certain conditions can now be seen correctly.
- In Wolfpack, the radar is not broken under certain conditions anymore.
- In Artifact Assault, Team members can now correctly score when the initial artifact carrier gets killed under certain conditions.
- In Deathmatch, players no longer have lookalikes NPCs unless they use abilities that create lookalikes.
- In Deathmatch, the game no longer crashes in the New York brewery map for a player who used a Decoy while hiding in a group.
- Some players are no longer stuck in rematch after completing a Simple Deathmatch session on the Saint Pierre map.

Never saw a target stuck in the ground, seen them stuck high above ground where we can not do a ground-finish.
Targets STILL INVISIBLE during Wolfpack. :(

Plenty of look-a-likes during Deathmatch, I can run around and count dozens of NPC's that look like me.
Deathmatch, the "STUN" is not working properly all the time, I sneak up on a pursuer and try to stun, and get killed instead, not even an "Honorable Death" :mad:

I've gotten to the point of not enjoying the multi-player section because of the control issues. The stun opponent works about 20% of the time, even when the player is right on me, and I hit "STUN", nothing happens other than me dying! :mad:

comicexpress
02-17-2013, 08:41 AM

What is your issue with the UFO mission?? I've played the game 2x's through, and haven't had any problems with the UFO mission.

comicexpress
02-17-2013, 09:01 AM
I guess my concern is that some of the NPC's are showing a little too much skin ...

Case in point, I have it where one of the NPC's was killed by a regular, and her panties is showing through her dress. I pick her up and move her, and I have don't have a dressed NPC, but I have an NPC showing her bloomers! The graphics is just laughable at points.
http://tclbbs.com/WP_001877.jpg

I mean, really!?! Do we have some sexual deviants working there at UBISoft??

comicexpress
02-17-2013, 09:02 AM

What Bow glitch?? As for the music, if you are in the woods, you don't need your iPOD to distract you. You need quiet so you can hear the wolves snarling at you.

juliocds
02-17-2013, 10:40 PM
And the bad frame rates in Boston and New York persists on PS3..

prince162010
02-18-2013, 02:41 AM
And the bad frame rates in Boston and New York persists on PS3..

what do you mean by the frame rates are bad ????:confused:

AT ONE SIR
02-18-2013, 09:39 AM
no fix for stuck on "convoy attacked" glitch
no fix for "pig herder" pen gate closed glitch
no fix for being able to buy unlimited quantity of oak lumber
no fix for encyclopedia glitch

I don't usually mind little glitches, but not being able to finish the game after restarting new game saves and spending WAY too much time on it is ridiculous. Game is broken.

czeuch
02-18-2013, 01:31 PM
WHEN WILL THE UFO FRONTIERSMEN MISSION WILL BE CORRECTED?

This an encyclopedia... I have spent 45 hours of SP game and I can't get platinum because of this. Quite annoying...

juliocds
02-18-2013, 10:23 PM
what do you mean by the frame rates are bad ????:confused:

Some frame rate drops when I free run cities and crowded areas. Don't you notice it when you play?

comicexpress
02-19-2013, 12:15 AM
WHEN WILL THE UFO FRONTIERSMEN MISSION WILL BE CORRECTED?

This an encyclopedia... I have spent 45 hours of SP game and I can't get platinum because of this. Quite annoying...

Funny, using PS3, I have all of the "Frontier UFO" and Encyclopedia done. I just can not get the #@^$(*# "Talk to Washington" complete ... as somewhere I missed a chance to talk to him.... Not sure where I missed it, but I missed something somewhere.

comicexpress
02-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Some frame rate drops when I free run cities and crowded areas. Don't you notice it when you play?

I haven't noticed anything in the SP, but I do see it in the lag time in MP.

comicexpress
02-19-2013, 12:21 AM
no fix for stuck on "convoy attacked" glitch
no fix for "pig herder" pen gate closed glitch
no fix for being able to buy unlimited quantity of oak lumber
no fix for encyclopedia glitch

I don't usually mind little glitches, but not being able to finish the game after restarting new game saves and spending WAY too much time on it is ridiculous. Game is broken.

The "Pig herder"??? What do you mean the gate closed glitch?? When I did the pig herding mission, the gate was open.

"Unlimited" oak lumber?? Most (if not all) are set at a limit of 10 items. So, if you have 4 you will only be able to purchase 6 to make the 10.

What encyclopedia glitch?? The UFO mission? I finished it without a problem.

Razytos
02-19-2013, 12:44 AM
What encyclopedia glitch?? The UFO mission? I finished it without a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhK8-L3Q_yY

psf22
02-19-2013, 03:01 AM
I guess my concern is that some of the NPC's are showing a little too much skin ...

Case in point, I have it where one of the NPC's was killed by a regular, and her panties is showing through her dress. I pick her up and move her, and I have don't have a dressed NPC, but I have an NPC showing her bloomers! The graphics is just laughable at points.
http://tclbbs.com/WP_001877.jpg

I mean, really!?! Do we have some sexual deviants working there at UBISoft??

Considering the situation and the placing of the hands, I'd say Raton is being quite appropiate there.

So random..

Lebogue
02-19-2013, 03:25 AM
I, for one, commend Ubisoft for patching the game at all.

In any event, while it's true, mayhaps, that one miniscule glitch may be preventing you from completing 100%, but there are two things that you need to take into consideration. First, these minor glitches aren't affecting the gameplay or storyline in any way. They're optional, to begin with, and whether or not they're completed have absolutely zero bearing on the rest of the game. Second, these aren't devastating bugs that are affecting every game. Sure, a lot of people are reporting the bugs, but some of you have even said that the glitches vary between playthroughs.

Ubi needs to devote their attention first issues that are affecting everyone, and that are affecting the intended story. Then, once those are fixed, they can move on to the minor things that are affecting a smaller population or are triggered by very specific events. Besides, those are harder to identify and correct; if they focus on those first, their resources cannot be applied to the major problems, and they will have more people angry at them than they do right now.

So just chill out, and try to understand this from Ubi's perspective. Just like you (or like you should, at least), they have priorities, and they need to take care of what's best for everyone before they focus on what's best for some.

P.S.

I also agree that there is really no need for ambient music. It's supposed to be nature, and the goal is for you to enjoy it like you would enjoy nature. (If you need music with you to enjoy nature, you're doing it wrong.)

straty88
02-19-2013, 04:21 PM
I, for one, commend Ubisoft for patching the game at all.

In any event, while it's true, mayhaps, that one miniscule glitch may be preventing you from completing 100%, but there are two things that you need to take into consideration. First, these minor glitches aren't affecting the gameplay or storyline in any way. They're optional, to begin with, and whether or not they're completed have absolutely zero bearing on the rest of the game. Second, these aren't devastating bugs that are affecting every game. Sure, a lot of people are reporting the bugs, but some of you have even said that the glitches vary between playthroughs.

Ubi needs to devote their attention first issues that are affecting everyone, and that are affecting the intended story. Then, once those are fixed, they can move on to the minor things that are affecting a smaller population or are triggered by very specific events. Besides, those are harder to identify and correct; if they focus on those first, their resources cannot be applied to the major problems, and they will have more people angry at them than they do right now.

So just chill out, and try to understand this from Ubi's perspective. Just like you (or like you should, at least), they have priorities, and they need to take care of what's best for everyone before they focus on what's best for some.

P.S.

I also agree that there is really no need for ambient music. It's supposed to be nature, and the goal is for you to enjoy it like you would enjoy nature. (If you need music with you to enjoy nature, you're doing it wrong.)

Finally someone with some common sense!

TheFirstEvil28
02-19-2013, 05:03 PM
What is your issue with the UFO mission?? I've played the game 2x's through, and haven't had any problems with the UFO mission.

For some, when we accept the UFO mission, the corresponding icon on the map never appears. Instead you get frontiersmen icons at the 3 tavern locations. I believe it is a glitch when you accept more than one frontiersmen mission at the same time. I am currently in this problem and will not 100% my game until Ubisoft decides to take some initiative and fix this. Others that have had this problem and posted it can be found here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/753872-Frontiersmen-Quests-and-Liberation-Contacts
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724776-AC3-Frontiersman-Quest-Unidentified-Flying-Object-Glitch
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/731739-Can-t-finish-Frontiersmen-Challenges-last-challenge-broken
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739926-Cannot-Finish-Frontiersmen-UFO-Mission
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/732878-AC3-UFO-Mission-Bug

...among others. :(

comicexpress
02-19-2013, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhK8-L3Q_yY

Again, it was there for me, and I completed it with no problems. Are you using XBOX, PS3, PC, Wii??

comicexpress
02-19-2013, 08:31 PM
For some, when we accept the UFO mission, the corresponding icon on the map never appears. Instead you get frontiersmen icons at the 3 tavern locations. I believe it is a glitch when you accept more than one frontiersmen mission at the same time. I am currently in this problem and will not 100% my game until Ubisoft decides to take some initiative and fix this. Others that have had this problem and posted it can be found here:

...among others. :(

I had accepted 2 or 3 at a time, and each one worked just fine for me playing on PS3. It is possible that you need to finish the other mission first before it shows up, but again, I had "Bigfoot", "Ghosts", "Cougar", and the "Bear" all going at the same time. I had the "Sea Monster" and "UFO" going at the same time, and still was able to finish.

EnglishProdigy
02-19-2013, 09:26 PM
i just patched my game to 2.01 not 1.03 .it doesnot exist :O

im3jia
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
On PS3, its 2.01.

Razytos
02-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Again, it was there for me, and I completed it with no problems. Are you using XBOX, PS3, PC, Wii??

Xbox version.

TheFirstEvil28
02-20-2013, 03:02 AM
I had accepted 2 or 3 at a time, and each one worked just fine for me playing on PS3. It is possible that you need to finish the other mission first before it shows up, but again, I had "Bigfoot", "Ghosts", "Cougar", and the "Bear" all going at the same time. I had the "Sea Monster" and "UFO" going at the same time, and still was able to finish.

Thanks for the input. It was more of my own theory about multiple missions causing this, but I have no idea what is the real problem. I have completed all other frontiersmen missions. Any other tips would be helpful...still can't find any answers.

AstronautBoy_97
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Thats good ubi with the characters not reset when u get limited mode. Can you please fix not taking points from being disconnected from a match. I could be winning easily but get disconnected.
Team modes if u now grade on the whole team, consider if a player that is high rank is on a team of unexperience players, he shouldnt lose points. If your team comes in last but you make it in top 3 you shouldnt lose points for that. Thank you for ac series :D

Dan Pen 97
02-21-2013, 01:32 PM
To me the patch notes, are all right but when you fix bug's more will happen.

comicexpress
02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Xbox version.

Ah, now there could be other issues with the XBOX, whereas the PS3 has it's own set of glitches. Each system has it's own set, but some of the glitches do seem to make it across platforms :( ... and the UFO one worked for me.

comicexpress
02-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Thats good ubi with the characters not reset when u get limited mode. Can you please fix not taking points from being disconnected from a match. I could be winning easily but get disconnected.
Team modes if u now grade on the whole team, consider if a player that is high rank is on a team of unexperience players, he shouldnt lose points. If your team comes in last but you make it in top 3 you shouldnt lose points for that. Thank you for ac series :D

Disconnects, gotta love them! NOT!! ... It's been happening quite a bit in both ACIII and ACR for me. I get fed-up and go play Uncharted 2 or Batman: AC, it's not a MP, but I can kick some Joker goons arse with no problem :)

JDHAYABUSA
02-26-2013, 08:08 PM
What about the patch for the New York underground entraces glitch, i know i´m not the only one with this problem, I can´t achive the 100 percent sync because of this glitch, please Ubisoft FIX IT.:mad:
:mad:

gohanks10
03-09-2013, 03:34 PM
i see a lot of fixes, but there is no ambient music.

inferno33222
03-10-2013, 09:31 PM
No ambient tunes then, huh? Oh well.

Jaxelrod
03-13-2013, 07:24 PM
What about the patch for Jacob Zenger, or other assassin's not reaching 100%, even though they are maxed?

Phonon1
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
What about allowing Connor's robes to be the same colour in the cutscenes? I mean, if I buy, let's say... "Boston Outfit" and I wear it, in cutscenes you will have the default white and blue outfit... What about fixing that? It's not very hard, c'mon! You made it in ACII, ACB and ACR!!

Assassin_M
04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
What about allowing Connor's robes to be the same colour in the cutscenes? I mean, if I buy, let's say... "Boston Outfit" and I wear it, in cutscenes you will have the default white and blue outfit... What about fixing that? It's not very hard, c'mon! You made it in ACII, ACB and ACR!!
It`s not a bug. It was intentional. they ran out of space. the cutscenes use higher res models than normal Gamplay, it allows for better cutscenes, to make these dyes viewable in cutscenes, they`d have to make a high res model for each dye and they were going to do it, except they ran out of physical disc space.

Locopells
04-05-2013, 01:43 PM
So in theory, there's no problem in adding them in via a patch...

fireshadoww
12-12-2013, 05:45 AM
:mad::mad::mad: THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO OUR FEEDBACK!!!!!

you were surprised... because you actually expected them to... CARE! they don't. they got your money and that's all they care about, and they're all starting to be like that too... its not just these fools. the only reason they even bother with patches, is because we wouldn't buy the junk they sell if they didn't. they're not smart enough to make sure it works BEFORE it leaves the work bench. if we stop buying games from the losers that are consistently putting out unplayable games, the problem would get solved alot faster.

I should also mention, on the xbox 360... there is a random freeze bug that was never fixed, it just locks the game and you cant do anything to fix it. oh, and ubisoft just says 'its a known bug' but they make no attempt to fix it as assassin's creed IV is out now and the failures still haven't done anything about it. nice job ubisoft, that's the way to flaunt that fail.