PDA

View Full Version : This is highly un-fair......

Rogue Agent 035
02-08-2013, 11:25 PM
To give Connor only one game plus DLC. Now I'm sure there will be some who will say "Connor sucked, he was a terrible character" yada...yada...yada, but truth be told the only reason that I feel they will say such a thing is based solely on the fact that they understand nothing of the native american culture an are more abt to side with an arrogant, cocky, man***** (i.e. Ezio) fer which he got 3 titles which honestly 2 of those shoulda been DLC as opposed to full games. Now ubi has tentatively announced a new protagonist an setting fer april '14. I have one question to that...., Why a new protagonist", is it because there was so many negative reviews to Connor, or do they feel that since Desmonds death, the bloodline stops there. Also how might they segway into said new protagonist since Desmond's death, granted the Animus is self-contained an isn't modeled fer just one user, but still.... what role will Juno play (i hope I remembered that right :o) as her last words before the creds rolled, "You played role wonderfully Desmond, now it's time that I played mine" so that just tells me that she will be returning in 4 no doubt, but still why not give Connor at least 1 more full game to help ppl better understand him an his culture, pipe dream I know, but still just sayin. Also, regarding time period...., please..., more open area, the frontier was/is great, tree hopping especially, the animal hunts is really enjoyable though I'm sure most gamers are non-hunters in real life so they feel it was boring though I feel differently as it feeds my hunting urges till hunting season arrives. The Naval sides missions (EPIC an please continue somehow with that nuff said on that) the controls/fighting techniques...., keep em as is nuff said there) an as far as my opinion on the protagonist..., please give us someone who is not loud, arrogant or cocky an (like Connor) keeps his/her emotions in check when necessary.

Rogue Agent 035

Farlander1991
02-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Altair had one game + 5 missions in ACR (essentially a small DLC), so it's not like Connor's alone in this.

I don't think UbiSoft is going to go with a trilogy-within-trilogy like with Ezio anymore.

pacmanate
02-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Can't read OP as it has no use of structuring whatsoever. All I am gonna say is just because he doesn't have a game straight after 3, does not mean we won't have him as a main again. Altair was playable in Revelations, granted it was mainly Ezios game, he still had a story. I doubt they are ditching Connor.

Gil_217
02-08-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm already getting sick at these annoying Connor fans assuming that just because Ubisoft announced a new game with a new protagonist Connor will never appear again in another game. You can say it's very unlikely but for the love of God don't act like it's 100% confirmed that he will never get another game.

I swear most of Connor's fanbase is full of negative people.

Assassin_M
02-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Yeah people. ditching Connor now does not mean a thing. think about it, they already said, Connor games depend on fan reception, CLEARLY this cannot be decided straight after his first game, that`d make them look like liars...Connor had a decent reception and as we speak, I`m fairly certain they`re planning for the next Connor game after this coming one.....Just be patient

TheHumanTowel
02-08-2013, 11:51 PM
With the DLC Connor already has more game time than Altair has ever gotten so stop claiming this is unfair. And as other people have said it's not like ubi have said they'll never make another Connor game. Stop moaning.

Gi1t
02-09-2013, 12:22 AM
To give Connor only one game plus DLC. Now I'm sure there will be some who will say "Connor sucked, he was a terrible character" yada...yada...yada, but truth be told the only reason that I feel they will say such a thing is based solely on the fact that they understand nothing of the native american culture an are more abt to side with an arrogant, cocky, man***** (i.e. Ezio) fer which he got 3 titles which honestly 2 of those shoulda been DLC as opposed to full games. Now ubi has tentatively announced a new protagonist an setting fer april '14. I have one question to that...., Why a new protagonist", is it because there was so many negative reviews to Connor, or do they feel that since Desmonds death, the bloodline stops there. Also how might they segway into said new protagonist since Desmond's death, granted the Animus is self-contained an isn't modeled fer just one user, but still.... what role will Juno play (i hope I remembered that right :o) as her last words before the creds rolled, "You played role wonderfully Desmond, now it's time that I played mine" so that just tells me that she will be returning in 4 no doubt, but still why not give Connor at least 1 more full game to help ppl better understand him an his culture, pipe dream I know, but still just sayin. Also, regarding time period...., please..., more open area, the frontier was/is great, tree hopping especially, the animal hunts is really enjoyable though I'm sure most gamers are non-hunters in real life so they feel it was boring though I feel differently as it feeds my hunting urges till hunting season arrives. The Naval sides missions (EPIC an please continue somehow with that nuff said on that) the controls/fighting techniques...., keep em as is nuff said there) an as far as my opinion on the protagonist..., please give us someone who is not loud, arrogant or cocky an (like Connor) keeps his/her emotions in check when necessary. Rogue Agent 035I don't mind Ezio as a character, but I do think Brotherhood and Revelations felt extremely unnecessary. At the same time, I'd rather they didn't just "keep things as they are" in regard to what you mentioned since old gameplay begins to deteriorate with too much new content being shoveled in on top of it. It's important to make some changes to keep it up to date with what your putting in.In regard to the characters, I don't think it's necessary to tell them "don't make someone like Ezio" (despite the fact that I would not be surprised at all to see them make a copy of him for stupid, shallow reasons), but rather, if they DID make somone who has some of those qualities, what would you want to see them change about how they go about showing it? I have encountered characters that are somewhat like Ezio, but at the same time, keep their emotions in check like you said. I'm a fan of subtlety myself, but I also don't think designers should limit themselves in terms of the general design of their characters. Better to do what comes naturally to the story they're making. :)

silvermercy
02-09-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm already getting sick at these annoying Connor fans assuming that just because Ubisoft announced a new game with a new protagonist Connor will never appear again in another game. You can say it's very unlikely but for the love of God don't act like it's 100% confirmed that he will never get another game.

They don't give us much optimism though to be positive for a FULL game, do they, though...
So you can't blame Connor fans for being so negative after seeing the royal treatment of 3 games that Ezio received.

Rogue Agent 035
02-09-2013, 12:29 AM
First of all to those that took this post as a fanboy or issing an moaning post, yer wrong, I by no means meant for what I said to in anyway sound as though I was praising the character or say that Connor wouldn't appear later down the line there is a good possibility that that may happen as one posted pointed out. I was just trying to express my own distain for most of the negativity about Connor that I have been seeing some on this forum an other media outlets. An yes, I stand by the fact that I feel announcing a new protagonist only after one story is a bit un-fair an feel that it's a bit too early to announce a new when for the most part we know so little about the current.

Rogue Agent 035
02-09-2013, 12:38 AM
I don't mind Ezio as a character, but I do think Brotherhood and Revelations felt extremely unnecessary. At the same time, I'd rather they didn't just "keep things as they are" in regard to what you mentioned since old gameplay begins to deteriorate with too much new content being shoveled in on top of it. It's important to make some changes to keep it up to date with what your putting in.In regard to the characters, I don't think it's necessary to tell them "don't make someone like Ezio" (despite the fact that I would not be surprised at all to see them make a copy of him for stupid, shallow reasons), but rather, if they DID make somone who has some of those qualities, what would you want to see them change about how they go about showing it? I have encountered characters that are somewhat like Ezio, but at the same time, keep their emotions in check like you said. I'm a fan of subtlety myself, but I also don't think designers should limit themselves in terms of the general design of their characters. Better to do what comes naturally to the story they're making. :)

I'd like to see a character that has less bravado/swagger, doesn't let his/her emotions override their thoughts, does what he/she feel is right for them an not just"For the good of the ppl", an most inportantly, is relatable. Not that those qualities don't already exist in Connor, some do. I just don't think I could bare to see another character which Ezio's qualities.

VitaminsXYZ
02-09-2013, 02:54 AM

Is it really surprising though? He's been getting a lot of flak, so I can see why his fans would be a bit more defensive.

And I agree with OP that this does seem a bit rushed. AC3 only just came out and we're already seeing a new numbered Assassin's Creed game to be released within the next year.
However, at this point we can only wait and see, as it doesn't necessarily mean that Connor won't be getting some sort of spin-off.

I hope the DLC is long at least...

mattahleen
02-09-2013, 03:10 AM
With the DLC Connor already has more game time than Altair has ever gotten so stop claiming this is unfair. And as other people have said it's not like ubi have said they'll never make another Connor game. Stop moaning.
We don't want game time but lifespan. 28 is way too young.

Aaron Otto11
02-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Altair did have the PSP game and while it wasn't that long it felt like it gave a little bit more character to him and with the missions in Revelations they tied up his story pretty well I believe the same thing will happen to Connor with a vita game set in a big city either Philadelphia or he will go with Lafayette to France.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah people. ditching Connor now does not mean a thing. think about it, they already said, Connor games depend on fan reception, CLEARLY this cannot be decided straight after his first game, that`d make them look like liars...Connor had a decent reception and as we speak, I`m fairly certain they`re planning for the next Connor game after this coming one.....Just be patientThey didn't need any "a game inbetween" to test reaction to Ezio whether to do more with him. ACB followed straight after. Same with Altair, clearly they weren't "testing" for 3 years with Ezio whether people liked Altair or not. They ditched him and the only reason he reappeared on main consoles is because Ubisoft wanted more $$$ so they turned one of the already existing DS concepts into console game.

Assassin_M
02-09-2013, 12:13 PM
They didn't need any "a game inbetween" to test reaction to Ezio whether to do more with him. ACB followed straight after. Same with Altair, clearly they weren't "testing" for 3 years with Ezio whether people liked Altair or not. They ditched him and the only reason he reappeared on main consoles is because Ubisoft wanted more $$$ so they turned one of the already existing DS concepts into console game.
Ezio was a grabber from the very start..Did you really expect the Ezio character to be tested ?? Really ?? I mean Reeeeaaaallly ??? A charming, joking Italian Noble Badass.......Reeeeeaaaaaaaaaally ????

Also, Brotherhood was a DLC...and Revelations was a 3DS...obviously, they never had plans for more Ezio from the start....

RatonhnhakeFan
02-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Ezio was a grabber from the very start..Did you really expect the Ezio character to be tested ?? Really ?? I mean Reeeeaaaallly ??? A charming, joking Italian Noble Badass.......Reeeeeaaaaaaaaaally ????

Also, Brotherhood was a DLC...and Revelations was a 3DS...obviously, they never had plans for more Ezio from the start....
And there are rumors that this AC3.5 Black Flag thingy was a DLC for AC3 at first too sooooo. It really shouldn't be surprising why I'm not optimistic...

Assassin_M
02-09-2013, 12:30 PM
And there are rumors that this AC3.5 Black Flag thingy was a DLC for AC3 at first too sooooo. It really shouldn't be surprising why I'm not optimistic...
YES think about it...

If this was supposed to be a DLC and it`s not about Connor....That means that MAYBE the game after III was going to feature Connor, but Ubi got greedy (again) and made this DLC into a big game for extra cash

RatonhnhakeFan
02-09-2013, 12:36 PM
YES think about it...

If this was supposed to be a DLC and it`s not about Connor....That means that MAYBE the game after III was going to feature Connor, but Ubi got greedy (again) and made this DLC into a big game for extra cashThe point is that one of the first Black Flag rumors talked about it having Ratonhnhaké:ton, not someone new.

Assassin_M
02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
The point is that one of the first Black Flag rumors talked about it having Ratonhnhaké:ton, not someone new.
So ?? Goddamm rumors...This thing may not have even begun as DLC....this "black flag" thing may not even be the coming one at all.....

RatonhnhakeFan
02-09-2013, 12:42 PM
So ?? Goddamm rumors...This thing may not have even begun as DLC....this "black flag" thing may not even be the coming one at all.....
Yup, but that doesn't change much when the most important info is official - new protagonist...

Assassin_M
02-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Yup, but that doesn't change much when the most important info is official - new protagonist...
Makes the most sense to be very honest, they already said they`re not making anymore mini-trilogies AND said that another Connor game depends on fan reaction. It makes the most sense, believe me...

You wanna bet that Connor is coming back later ???? :|

RatonhnhakeFan
02-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Makes the most sense to be very honest, they already said they`re not making anymore mini-trilogies AND said that another Connor game depends on fan reaction. It makes the most sense, believe me...

You wanna bet that Connor is coming back later ???? :|
It doesn't make most sense. There would be new protagonist for PS4/720 AC game in 2014/15 anyway so rather clearly Ratonhnhaké:ton never had a shot at his own trilogy anyway. The chance was now and it's not happening. And the longer it doesn't happen, the smaller the chance he could game another full game for himself so don't be surprised people are disappointed and skeptical

Assassin_M
02-09-2013, 12:53 PM
It doesn't make most sense. There would be new protagonist for PS4/720 AC game in 2014/15 anyway so rather clearly Ratonhnhaké:ton never had a shot at his own trilogy anyway. The chance was now and it's not happening. And the longer it doesn't happen, the smaller the chance he could game another full game for himself so don't be surprised people are disappointed and skeptical
You......wanna......BET ????

RatonhnhakeFan
02-09-2013, 12:58 PM
You......wanna......BET ????
Winning one bet got over your head lol? I'm not betting anything that you can't even put a date on. If he gets another game in 30 years because I became the CEO of Ubisoft and transformed the company into an official Raton fan club, you would "technically" win, but not really since 30 years hardly counts as a sequel and "we used him again based on good feedback" lol

Assassin_M
02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Winning one bet got over your head lol? I'm not betting anything that you can't even put a date on. If he gets another game in 30 years because I became the CEO of Ubisoft and transformed the company into an official Raton fan club, you would "technically" win, but not really since 30 years hardly counts as a sequel and "we used him again based on good feedback" lol
How about this...

Bet that the game after the coming one will star Connor..........Better ??

AND YES LAST BET GOT OVER MY HEAD !! I`m currently in another one xD

RatonhnhakeFan
02-09-2013, 01:08 PM
How about this...

Bet that the game after the coming one will star Connor..........Better ??

AND YES LAST BET GOT OVER MY HEAD !! I`m currently in another one xDWhat's it this time lol? And I wanna bet on something that's more fun, like whether they will show him nekkid in TOKW :rolleyes:

As for game after, you mean the one for PS4/720? You expect them to not utilize "omg everything new for new generation it's like totally new series trust us buy 10 copies" in marketing?

MasterAssasin84
02-09-2013, 01:20 PM
The survey i got through from UBI clearly had hints that thety will bring back Connor based on the fans reception , in terms of native American Culture i would say that UBI'S research was spot on , they are just trying new things which i am very greatful about. i definately belive that Connor will be back at some point .

catkiller97
02-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Who said Connor will be ditched officially ;)

and I am with Assassin_M i also think he will start the game after the coming one .. :)

Edit - 500 Post :O

MasterAssasin84
02-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Who said Connor will be ditched officially ;)

I think the announcement that a new hero and new setting prompted assumptions that Connor was going to be ditched , ubi clearly put lots of effort into his development so i think
it would be pretty stupid of them to ditch him completely !!

ZeldaEmblem
02-09-2013, 01:27 PM
The survey i got through from UBI clearly had hints that thety will bring back Connor based on the fans reception , in terms of native American Culture i would say that UBI'S research was spot on , they are just trying new things which i am very greatful about. i definately belive that Connor will be back at some point .

^ does the survey has a result? i mean I knew nothing about it until few weeks ago and I didn't do it either :P

catkiller97
02-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I think the announcement that a new hero and new setting prompted assumptions that Connor was going to be ditched , ubi clearly put lots of effort into his development so i think
it would be pretty stupid of them to ditch him completely !!

I think he will not be ditched even a bit...

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Guess I was correct.

They didn't make Connor because they wanted to make a new kind of hero, and a deep character.
They made connor just so they can be able to exclaim " Hey, we made a half-minority Hero!"
•European guy: Gets 3 main console games, and a multitude of mini-console spin-offs.
•Mid-eastern guy(sounded awfully american): Gets 1 main console game, and has a commanding presence in another. Gets multiude of mini-spinoffs
•Half Native American guy: Gets 3/4 of a console game and had his european dad run away with the show.
•Half African American girl: Gets 1 mini-console game

*sign*

TheHumanTowel
02-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Guess I was correct.

They didn't make Connor because they wanted to make a new kind of hero, and a deep character.
They made connor just so they can be able to exclaim " Hey, we made a half-minority Hero!"
•European guy: Gets 3 main console games, and a multitude of mini-console spin-offs.
•Mid-eastern guy(sounded awfully american): Gets 1 main console game, and has a commanding presence in another. Gets multiude of mini-spinoffs
•Half Native American guy: Gets 3/4 of a console game and had his european dad run away with the show.

*sign*
What a ludacris thing to say. AC has one of the most diverse playable character lists in gaming. Ezio getting more games had nothing to do with his race.

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Guess I was correct.

*sign*

What a ludacris thing to say. AC has one of the most diverse playable character lists in gaming. Ezio getting more games had nothing to do with his race.

you keep on beliving that.

TheHumanTowel
02-09-2013, 08:29 PM
you keep on beliving that.
Great argument. If AC is so discriminatory explain to me why a Middle Eastern man is a main protagonist in one game and according to you "has a commanding presence in another. Get's multitude of mini-spin offs."They don't even advertise the White American guy they have in the game. Ezio got more games because he was an easily likable charming protagonist. Nothing to do with him being Italian. Dopes like you who bring up race no matter how unjustified are the ****ing worst.

Gil_217
02-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Guess I was correct.

*sign*

Are you going to copy/paste this post of yours in every thread? Good God.

And at least use proper and adequate words:

Multitude of spin-offs: Altair had two and Ezio had one. Yeah, I'm pretty sure these qualify as a multitude.

And you have to be pretty stupid to make such assumptions at this point in time. I don't know if you know but we played Connor for the first time not even 4 months ago. What the hell are you expecting, already another full main game or a spin-off with him? Of course Altair and Ezio have more games than Connor, they've been around since 2007 and 2009 respectively. So much logic here.

And yes, I'm fully aware that Ubisoft just announced their next main game with a new protagonist, but once again, this does not mean we'll never see him again in a future game. You can argue it's unlikely, but don't act like it's officially confirmed that he will never appear in another game as the protagonist.

I'm pretty sure your negativeness helps a lot.

I swear these blind Connor fans are the most annoying people that this forum has ever seen. Such a shame, a great character does not deserve these type of fans.

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Take it how you want it. I have a right to be entitled to my opinion. The characters that alot of people can connect with are short changed. Altari at least got to be a playable character throughout his whole game. Connor didn't even get to be a playable character untill 1/4 in, and it took even more time to get into the suit. Ezio and Altari got conclusive endings. Connor got a giant question mark. Ill think however I want. This type of thing happens in media all the time. Just because people don't notice it, doesn't mean it never happens. and when they DO notice it... they wonder how have they not noticed such a horrible thing.

TheHumanTowel
02-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Take it how you want it. I have a right to be entitled to my opinion. The characters that alot of people can connect with are short changed. Altari at least got to be a playable character throughout his whole game. Connor didn't even get to be a playable character untill 1/4 in, and it took even more time to get into the suit. Ezio and Altari got conclusive endings. Connor got a giant question mark. Ill think however I want. This type of thing happens in media all the time. Just because people don't notice it, doesn't mean it never happens. and when they DO notice it... they wonder how have they not noticed such a horrible thing.
You have a right to think that. But we also have a right to tell you that it's stupid to think that. Opinions 101.

SixKeys
02-09-2013, 09:01 PM
It seems to me that whenever someone criticizes another person's opinion and they say "I am entitled to my opinion", what they really mean is "you're not allowed to criticize my opinion". Being entitled to an opinion goes both ways, you know.

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 09:02 PM
You have a right to think that. But we also have a right to tell you that it's stupid to think that. Opinions 101.

I have a right to tell you that you are see only what you want to see. Its great and all to think the cup is half-full... But sometimes reality smashes the cup into pieces.

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
It seems to me that whenever someone criticizes another person's opinion and they say "I am entitled to my opinion", what they really mean is "you're not allowed to criticize my opinion". Being entitled to an opinion goes both ways, you know.

My Opinion: You should shut up

SixKeys
02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I have a right to tell you that you are see only what you want to see. Its great and all to think the cup is half-full... But sometimes reality smashes the cup into pieces.

What does that even mean? :confused:

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 09:05 PM
What does that even mean? :confused:

Its to deep for the likes of you

SixKeys
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
My Opinion: You should shut up

http://www.ox.ac.uk/images/maincolumn/13880_baby_crying.jpg

TheHumanTowel
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Its to deep for the likes of you
Translation: I can't support my argument

lothario-da-be
02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
http://www.ox.ac.uk/images/maincolumn/13880_baby_crying.jpg
Poor baby :(

Gil_217
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM

But you're basing your whole argument in the idea that Ezio and Altair are the golden boys and Connor is the weakling, and you base this on the number of games all of them had. Like I already said, it's stupid to come up to this type of conclusion right now, because Connor was just introduced to us not even 4 months ago, no wonder the past protagonists have more games than him, they've been around for 4/6 years.

You can say all of that in a few years, in the case that Ubisoft did indeed abandoned him and never used him again, or destroyed his character. But not now for God's sake.

SixKeys
02-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Another possibility: I thought I had a great metaphor in mind and lost my train of thought somewhere halfway, so now I'm going to pretend that what I actually said was really deep instead of really dumb. :rolleyes:

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Theres nothing that needs to be supported. The evidence is all around us in society today.
Some Racial Groups get the shaft. Happens All the time. The targets audience wanna see someone that looks like them. Can't blame em. Hell it could be sub-conscience. Connor gets 3/4s of a game. Ezio gets 3. Altari gets 1. Aveline gets a sub-console 1. Notice anything here?

CalgaryJay
02-09-2013, 09:12 PM
This news is brand new to me, but at least my initial reaction says Connor won't be back, which to me is very disappointing. I just don't see how you move on and then come back to him later when you've already established another character (and the inevitable attachment the fanbase will get towards him/her). To me it just doesn't ad up, especially when you consider all the flak Connor received about a perceived lack of personality/character. It's not like he was beloved the way Ezio seemed to be, or even Altair for that matter.

Not to mention the Connor character needs a very specific environment, you can't just plop him in some Eurasian metropolis. I just don't see it. I'll happily be wrong, but I don't think I am...

SixKeys
02-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Theres nothing that needs to be supported. The evidence is all around us in society today.
Some Racial Groups get the shaft. Happens All the time. The targets audience wanna see someone that looks like them. Can't blame em. Hell it could be sub-conscience. Connor gets 3/4s of a game. Ezio gets 3. Altari gets 1. Aveline gets a sub-console 1. Notice anything here?

What does any of that have to do with broken cups?

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
But you're basing your whole argument in the idea that Ezio and Altair are the golden boys and Connor is the weakling, and you base this on the number of games all of them had. Like I already said, it's stupid to come up to this type of conclusion right now, because Connor was just introduced to us not even 4 months ago, no wonder the past protagonists have more games than him, they've been around for 4/6 years.

You can say all of that in a few years, in the case that Ubisoft did indeed abandoned him and never used him again, or destroyed his character. But not now for God's sake.

Ahhh. So my assumptions are premature. Yea I can see that. I will wait. See how things devolpe. And if my statements prove true in later years. I will comeback... and tell everyone so.

TheHumanTowel
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
What does any of that have to do with broken cups?
I thought we already established that was 2deep4u. Don't try to understand it, just accept his intellectual superiority.

SixKeys
02-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Ahh, hipster assassins.

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 09:15 PM
I thought we already established that was 2deep4u. Don't try to understand it, just accept his intellectual superiority.

Ahh. Someone who gets it. Bravo sir. Bravo!

Gil_217
02-09-2013, 09:19 PM

Ok, this is it, you have to be the most miserable idiot that this forum has ever seen.

Stop basing your opinion on assumptions that make no sense to make at this point in time.

For the last ****ing time, here it goes:

Altair and Ezio have more games than Connor because they were introduced to us 4/6 years ago, whilst Connor was just introduced not even four months ago.

Of ****ing course Connor doesn't have another main game and a spin-off, and a novel and a statue and whatever the **** you want, we played him for the first time not even 4 months ago. What did you expect?

Is this so difficult for someone to understand?

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Ok, this is it, you have to be the most miserable idiot that this forum has ever seen.

Stop basing your opinion on assumptions that make no sense to make at this point in time.

For the last ****ing time, here it goes:

Altair and Ezio have more games than Connor because they were introduced to us 4/6 years ago, whilst Connor was just introduced not even for months ago.

Of ****ing course Connor doesn't have another main game and a spin-off, and a novel and a statute and whatever the **** you want, we played him for the first time not even 4 months ago. What did you expect?

Is this so difficult for someone to understand?

The next AC will not feature Connor... Is this not common knowledge yet?

SixKeys
02-09-2013, 09:24 PM

So would you have said the same thing about Altaïr back in '09 when AC2 was announced? "Altaïr only got one game and now they already have a new protagonist? Waaahhh, this is so un-fair!!"

Gil_217
02-09-2013, 09:27 PM

Jesus Christ this gets worse... And?????? Just because the next game does not include Connor does that mean they are ditching him for good? NO.

Do you even know what logic is?

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Jesus Christ this gets worse... And?????? Just because the next game does not include Connor does that mean they are ditching him for good? NO.

Do you even know what logic is?

Smae logic could indicate otherwise as well. Altari got no sequels as well. Mid-eastern guy.

SixKeys
02-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Smae logic could indicate otherwise as well. Altari got no sequels as well. Mid-eastern guy.

Altaïr got two handheld spinoffs and 1/2 of a second console game. In Bloodlines and ACR they even gave him an actual Middle-Eastern accent.

Gil_217
02-09-2013, 09:38 PM

And here we go again, so what?? Just because Altair didn't get another full game does that mean Connor will not get one too? Again, NO.

"Oh ****z the first protagonist in *** Creed didn't get another full game, this totally means the third protagonist will have the same fate"

I don't even know what your point is anymore. You are desperately trying to prove a point by connecting absurd things.

F*ck LOGIC

CalgaryJay
02-09-2013, 09:39 PM
This is probably old news too, so apologies if its already been discussed. But I read this excerpt in an article about the new AC announcement and it has me concerned:

“We are delighted and proud to announce today that in financial year ’14, we will introduce an all-new Assassin’s Creed hero, within an all new team and time period, and we expect it to be another major leap forward for the franchise,” Guillemot said. “It is the benefit of multiple teams, working on multiple chapters of the product, each getting several years to make their versions of an Assassin’s Creed game.”

I knew different teams had worked on ACB/R because the main team was busy with the numbered titles, but I had no idea they purposely switched it up that much. No wonder the modern storyline had become such a convoluted mess the past few games! You've got people with a completely different vision of what should happen taking over an already very complicated storyline for every game! What is the mindset here for even having different teams do this??

If that's truly Ubi's vision, how bout keep each game's storyline as separate as possible, including modern day? As I said, I'm sure this isn't news to most of you, but I'm newer to this series (summer 2010). I'm just rather shocked about why you'd even take a franchise in such wild directions like that while at the same time trying to preserve a complicated, interweaving storyline. Its a recipe for disaster.

MasterAssasin84
02-09-2013, 09:52 PM
This is probably old news too, so apologies if its already been discussed. But I read this excerpt in an article about the new AC announcement and it has me concerned:

I knew different teams had worked on ACB/R because the main team was busy with the numbered titles, but I had no idea they purposely switched it up that much. No wonder the modern storyline had become such a convoluted mess the past few games! You've got people with a completely different vision of what should happen taking over an already very complicated storyline for every game! What is the mindset here for even having different teams do this??

If that's truly Ubi's vision, how bout keep each game's storyline as separate as possible, including modern day? As I said, I'm sure this isn't news to most of you, but I'm newer to this series (summer 2010). I'm just rather shocked about why you'd even take a franchise in such wild directions like that while at the same time trying to preserve a complicated, interweaving storyline. Its a recipe for disaster.

According to this it could be as late as 2015 and ubi are supposedly i quote supposedly working on a new game engine from which they have drafted in government energy agencies to assist !! http://www.examiner.com/article/why-assassin-s-creed-4-will-start-development-france-this-january-debut-2015 this is all theoretical of course but this information has certainly come from somewhere .

freddie_1897
02-09-2013, 09:53 PM
why don't we stop shouting and spewing about this so called 'AC4 announcement'. I can understand if you don't like Connor, I can understand if you do. I realise that this news is bad to some people and they want Ubisoft to spend more time on it and so on so forth.

But how about we save our judgements until they've actually told us more than just. "there will be a new AC game by 2014". This is like me complaining that spain cheated in the world cup despite the fact that it hasn't started yet. Let's end this "screw you Ubisoft" rubbish. here's the thing we do not know any better than anyone else here about this next game. in fact we know next to nothing "**** you Ubisoft, I wanted to know more about Connor"; what kind of a source could this be based on? do we have evidence that Connor is not coming back? yes! can we pass the sentence? no! let's stop pretending we know exactly what is happening in Ubisofts' headquarters, let's stop running around like headless chickens, there is no point in getting worked up over something we are so ignorant about.

Gil_217
02-09-2013, 09:59 PM
why don't we stop shouting and spewing about this so called 'AC4 announcement'. I can understand if you don't like Connor, I can understand if you do. I realise that this news is bad to some people and they want Ubisoft to spend more time on it and so on so forth.

But how about we save our judgements until they've actually told us more than just. "there will be a new AC game by 2014". This is like me complaining that spain cheated in the world cup despite the fact that it hasn't started yet. Let's end this "screw you Ubisoft" rubbish. here's the thing we do not know any better than anyone else here about this next game. in fact we know next to nothing "**** you Ubisoft, I wanted to know more about Connor"; what kind of a source could this be based on? do we have evidence that Connor is not coming back? yes! can we pass the sentence? no! let's stop pretending we know exactly what is happening in Ubisofts' headquarters, let's stop running around like headless chickens, there is no point in getting worked up over something we are so ignorant about.
This is exactly what I've saying all along, especially to TrueAssassin, who has been making ridiculous assumptions based on this announcement because in his mind this means no more Connor, forever. He completely ignores that Ubisoft can make lots of games after this one, involving Connor.

I'm starting to wonder if he's really a fan of him, the guy only believes that the absolute worst will always happen to him, it's like in his mind everyone is out to get him.

TrueAssassin77
02-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Lol. I am amused

Gil_217
02-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Lol. I am amused

That's good, I guess.

CalgaryJay
02-09-2013, 10:22 PM
According to this it could be as late as 2015 and ubi are supposedly i quote supposedly working on a new game engine from which they have drafted in government energy agencies to assist !! http://www.examiner.com/article/why-assassin-s-creed-4-will-start-development-france-this-january-debut-2015 this is all theoretical of course but this information has certainly come from somewhere .

Wow, interesting article. Game's codename is Mango, eh? So is this our new assassin then?

http://remotesynthesis.com/assets/content/MangoSNL.jpg

thekarlone
02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
The problem isn't Connor, the problem is the place in that specific time period: America (the continent, not the country). The Americas in that time period has a very short history since the Colonization. Boston and NY had only a hundred years of history, they are new cities without enough history background.

The only way to make another proper game with Connor is if Connor travels to Europe or Asia.

Spider_Sith9
02-09-2013, 11:00 PM
This is exactly what I've saying all along, especially to TrueAssassin, who has been making ridiculous assumptions based on this announcement because in his mind this means no more Connor, forever. He completely ignores that Ubisoft can make lots of games after this one, involving Connor.

I'm starting to wonder if he's really a fan of him, the guy only believes that the absolute worst will always happen to him, it's like in his mind everyone is out to get him.
I'm not surprised. Connor lovers have been overshadowed by the Connor haters. Connor has had some terrible things said about him. Especially by more prominent fans of the series. When they seen the article said it will have a new hero and time period, those fans (myself included) triggered some sort of hysterics.

Nothing can break this wall. We see what we want to see. And what we see are many gaming sites sharing articles from God about a new hero and time period being the next game. Meaning no Connor sequel. Until we accept the truth, this is the status quo. That or until we see the next game's screens.

Gil_217
02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm not surprised. Connor lovers have been overshadowed by the Connor haters. Connor has had some terrible things said about him. Especially by more prominent fans of the series. When they seen the article said it will have a new hero and time period, those fans (myself included) triggered some sort of hysterics.

Nothing can break this wall. We see what we want to see. And what we see are many gaming sites sharing articles from God about a new hero and time period being the next game. Meaning no Connor sequel. Until we accept the truth, this is the status quo. That or until we see the next game's screens.

So , the next AC game having a new protagonist automatically means no more Connor in other possible games. Gotcha.

I'm baffled!!

No, really, that's it, I'm not saying anything anymore.

Enough is enough!

Assassin_M
02-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Ladies and gents....today is a very important day...I see thread....I post in thread....I see vicious argument....HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME !! YES YES YES

HA HA HAAAAAAA !!!

Alright Seriously, Guys...Calm down

YuurHeen
02-10-2013, 01:00 AM
it is "unfair" that a made up something does only get 1 game?????????????

I m not even going to explain why that is stupid.

TheBearJew32
02-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Wow, interesting article. Game's codename is Mango, eh? So is this our new assassin then?

http://remotesynthesis.com/assets/content/MangoSNL.jpg

maaaan that ain't a mango, thats chris kattan! Whatchu think im stupid!?, GROOOUUND!!!! ...a mango is not a person, DUHH!
http://www.flixiator.com/uploads/thumbs/p3jj5c4b3zdqep6m.jpg

straty88
02-10-2013, 01:40 AM
So , the next AC game having a new protagonist automatically means no more Connor in other possible games. Gotcha.

I'm baffled!!

No, really, that's it, I'm not saying anything anymore.

Enough is enough!

Aha yeah, it's a silly argument. I'm pretty sure the next AC, which is being done with another Ubisoft team behind it. Started development before AC3 shipped and Ubi Montreal wanted to see fan feedback, regarding Connor so I doubt this will be the last time we'll see him.

Turul.
02-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Aha yeah, it's a silly argument. I'm pretty sure the next AC, which is being done with another Ubisoft team behind it. Started development before AC3 shipped and Ubi Montreal wanted to see fan feedback, regarding Connor so I doubt this will be the last time we'll see him.

would they really bring a new protagonist in and then follow up with an older one?

I know that altair got brought back, but his role was very minor, and the plot depended on it.

straty88
02-10-2013, 11:39 AM
would they really bring a new protagonist in and then follow up with an older one?

I know that altair got brought back, but his role was very minor, and the plot depended on it.

I'm sure they could add story elements as to why they need to go back to Connor or something. Plus Montreal (who aren't doing AC 2013 apparently) might want to do a fully fledged subtitled sequel with Connor for 2014? I'm just guessing obviously but I doubt they would build this character etc for 3 years then after 1 game, completely discard him.

MasterAssasin84
02-10-2013, 01:36 PM
maaaan that ain't a mango, thats chris kattan! Whatchu think im stupid!?, GROOOUUND!!!! ...a mango is not a person, DUHH!
http://www.flixiator.com/uploads/thumbs/p3jj5c4b3zdqep6m.jpg

I think what its insinuating is that Project Mango is the Code name for the new engine that they are developing for the new Assassins Creed Game !

thekarlone
02-10-2013, 02:22 PM
And... what if... the new protagonist is a new assassin during the French Revolution but an older Connor appears there in a cameo? Something like Altaïr in Revelations, but not in flashbacks.

silvermercy
02-10-2013, 02:33 PM
it is "unfair" that a made up something does only get 1 game?????????????

I m not even going to explain why that is stupid.

Well after a made up something *cough*Ezio*cough* got the ROYAL treatment of THREE games. Yes, the bar has been raised for sequel expectations.
How stupid huh? :rolleyes:

YuurHeen
02-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Well after a made up something *cough*Ezio*cough* got the ROYAL treatment of THREE games. Yes, the bar has been raised for sequel expectations.
How stupid huh? :rolleyes:

It would also be unfair if the new person wouldn't have had a game because connor got his.

Will_Lucky
02-11-2013, 12:50 AM

Actually before release one of the Devs made a comment that they wanted Connor to die young, unlike Ezio and Altair who were actually very old in comparison to the average lifespan in their time.

TheBearJew32
02-11-2013, 01:25 AM
I think what its insinuating is that Project Mango is the Code name for the new engine that they are developing for the new Assassins Creed Game !

haha it was a joke man. just an SNL skit

the_atm
02-11-2013, 03:39 AM
I'm glad he's in one game only. why? giving Ezio 3 killed him. He was a good character in number 1, meh in brotherhood and I grew sick of him and hated Revelations... I'm glad they are keeping Connor's game to one, they won't kill his character like Ezio...

poptartz20
02-11-2013, 06:17 AM
I'm glad he's in one game only. why? giving Ezio 3 killed him. He was a good character in number 1, meh in brotherhood and I grew sick of him and hated Revelations... I'm glad they are keeping Connor's game to one, they won't kill his character like Ezio...

Omg.. Thank you I thought I was the only one that felt this way about Ezio and his games. Revelations was the only game in the series that took me a long time to finish. I originally bought the game but sadly became very disappointed. It was like trying to beat a dead horse. I'm glad Connor's character was up in the mix. I would like to see him have one more game though. If not another game. Some kind of movie like Ezio's summing up him finding his fathers journals..finding out whom he marries and seeing a couple more adventures, or at least a telling of them in some way.

Rankya_94
02-11-2013, 06:47 AM
I feel the same with Ezio. That's what happens when you give a character 1 game too many.

TylerTynamite
02-11-2013, 07:09 AM
look i agree that i would like to see connor at some point again, but they aren't ditching him completely he will have more story told i am sure maybe not in a full game though. i would be more inclined to side with u if u didnt talk **** about Ezio, who was a character that everyone loved and cherished who deserved 3 games (not saying altair didn't either) and those games were not possible to put in DLC, and connor was not nearly as good anyway. but i see what you are saying and i understand but they don't want to make trilogies with the same character anymore.

Assassin_M
02-11-2013, 07:20 AM
look i agree that i would like to see connor at some point again, but they aren't ditching him completely he will have more story told i am sure maybe not in a full game though. i would be more inclined to side with u if u didnt talk **** about Ezio, who was a character that everyone loved and cherished who deserved 3 games (not saying altair didn't either) and those games were not possible to put in DLC, and connor was not nearly as good anyway. but i see what you are saying and i understand but they don't want to make trilogies with the same character anymore.
I hated Ezio. I thought he was a cliche, over the top, uninspired and overdone Protagonist...

I thought Connor was better and I think Connor deserves more Games than I did with Ezio....after AC II I wanted them to ditch Ezio, after AC III I want more Connor...

Hi, I`m the other Opinion....learn to accept my existence...

Rankya_94
02-11-2013, 07:25 AM
I use to like Ezio, but come'on 3 major games? No. He was basically hogging the spotlight.
I'm glad he's finally stepped aside, I see him as a very cliched character now.

poptartz20
02-11-2013, 09:00 AM

Wow? Fanboy much? He really didn't deserve 3 games. Sadly it just happened that way. Ezio could have stopped at 2 in my opinion. We get it.. your family is dead, and you like to have sex. Awesome character development! ha! Don't get me wrong I do like Ezio but at the same time he's a carbon copy of alot of characters you see now..

Jesur22
02-11-2013, 09:06 AM
I dont think ubisoft continues with story of altair of ezio.. I think that ubisoft continues with story about Connor.. *unfortunatly*
Maybe there will be story about Ezio... like in assassins creed revelations does.. like going back to the time when ezio is there...
I hope so.,..

Assassin_M
02-11-2013, 09:09 AM
I dont think ubisoft continues with story of altair of ezio.. I think that ubisoft continues with story about Connor.. *unfortunatly*
Maybe there will be story about Ezio... like in assassins creed revelations does.. like going back to the time when ezio is there...
I hope so.,..
Well...."Unfortunately" Connor is not coming back in the coming AC...

Rejoice -_-

FirestarLuva
02-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Wow? Fanboy much? He really didn't deserve 3 games. Sadly it just happened that way. Ezio could have stopped at 2 in my opinion. We get it.. your family is dead, and you like to have sex. Awesome character development! ha! Don't get me wrong I do like Ezio but at the same time he's a carbon copy of alot of characters you see now..

I agree. That's what I love about Connor. His story and character are very unique and I'm not just talking about in the video game industry.
Ezio was practically made to be likeable and only to be likeable. He never really showed any real emotion. He was either happy or angry. The only time I ever saw any emotion of him was when Christina died.
Connor's emotions are very subtle but also very painful. Plus he had his childhood robbed of him, was called a savage, beaten up, lied to. He was a scarred individual to say the least. Of course he'd have a hard time showing his emotions. He was alone for most of his life.

CalgaryJay
02-12-2013, 01:30 AM
I hated Ezio. I thought he was a cliche, over the top, uninspired and overdone Protagonist...

I thought Connor was better and I think Connor deserves more Games than I did with Ezio....after AC II I wanted them to ditch Ezio, after AC III I want more Connor...

Hi, I`m the other Opinion....learn to accept my existence...

This. Ezio was cliche as hell. Still liked him, but he was cliche. Hell it was even borderline stereotypical, the smooth-talking, charming Italian.

Unfortunately, something tells me the next protagonist is going to be a lot closer to Ezio than Connor/Altair. Its not enough to like the way the protagonist moves/kills, but you have to want to bang him too, apparently..

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 02:26 AM
but you have to want to bang him too, apparently..
This just has so much truth in it..

had a conversation with a female regarding Connor and she said the most ridiculous things. "Sex is very important"

WHAT ???

silvermercy
02-12-2013, 02:31 AM
I have actually found that Connor is more popular with females! There must be literally thousands of posts out there about his new shirtless stage now! LOL (plus, females don't like playboys much...)

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 02:36 AM
(plus, females don't like playboys much...)
Some of them do..

The one I`m talking about up there loved Ezio and thought he was hot and also........she..........she wanted to sleep with Haytham :|

silvermercy
02-12-2013, 02:38 AM
Some of them do..
The one I`m talking about up there loved Ezio and thought he was hot and also........she..........she wanted to sleep with Haytham :|
Oh yeah! Playboys are very charming unfortunately! lol

*cough*AgreeAboutHaytham*cough*

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 02:42 AM
*cough*AgreeAboutHaytham*cough*
Oh..

:|

TheBearJew32
02-12-2013, 07:04 AM
i want the game to start out with a character that's already an assassin, and a grizzled vet (pirate). a swashbuckling, rum drinkin scallywag assassin and i want the seas to fear him...the cliche of the series now is to grow up with the character and follow him before and/or after he becomes an assassin. its like so cliche to call something cliche....wait

BATISTABUS
02-12-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm not on board with this idea that Ezio got worse as the games went on. I actually liked Ezio MUCH more in Revelations and Embers than I EVER did in AC2. What I got sick of was how game-play felt the same, and the new features only took away from the experience (with the exception of some Brotherhood stuff).

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm not on board with this idea that Ezio got worse as the games went on. I actually liked Ezio MUCH more in Revelations and Embers than I EVER did in AC2.
I`m like this too...

You may be one of my children :O

BATISTABUS
02-12-2013, 10:49 AM
I`m like this too...

You may be one of my children :O
While being Egyptian would be pretty cool, I'd prefer to be Brothers. :p

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 10:51 AM
While being Egyptian would be pretty cool, I'd prefer to be Brothers. :p
Dylan, Geebas, Kevin, Gloria, Tabshoor... (Your nephews)

meet your uncle Amon Ra...

Sturnz0r
02-12-2013, 11:36 AM
the real issue/question is: do Desmon/present day assassins need anything from the connor memory sequences anymore?

well i guess the developers could always make something there, but it seemed after AC2, ACB there was still a hook in the Ezzio story, notwithstanding Desmond's story.

d4st4n96
02-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Connor have's ACIII and 3 DLC's...what do you want more?
Ubi gave us a great skilled assassin, makes 3 DLC's (+2 MP ones, and btw, the MP is great too) and you want moooore? :O (-_-)

Gil_217
02-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Connor have's ACIII and 3 DLC's...what do you want more?
Ubi gave us a great skilled assassin, makes 3 DLC's (+2 MP ones, and btw, the MP is great too) and you want moooore? :O (-_-)

Of course they want more, they are fans of him after all.

And regarding the ToKW DLC, I assure you that if I was a fan of him I would be a little pissed too, since that DLC is not canon.

vat95
02-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Actually before release one of the Devs made a comment that they wanted Connor to die young, unlike Ezio and Altair who were actually very old in comparison to the average lifespan in their time.

Interesting. I don't suppose anyone has a source for this, eh? :nonchalance:

had a conversation with a female regarding Connor and she said the most ridiculous things. "Sex is very important"

WHAT ???

LOL, I think I stumbled upon that conversation and I was disgusted with her attitude and audacity to speak for all females.

CalgaryJay
02-12-2013, 05:59 PM

WHAT ???

Haha indeed... I actually think there's quite a few guys who had/have man-crushes on Ezio.

When AC3 first broke on here, a lot of the posts from haters pining for Ezio got a little awkward (*cough* Hyatari *cough*)

freddie_1897
02-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Dylan, Geebas, Kevin, Gloria, Tabshoor... (Your nephews)

meet your uncle Amon Ra...
What the hell happened to you while i was in hibernation?

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 08:55 PM
What the hell happened to you while i was in hibernation?

I now have children......

VitaminsXYZ
02-12-2013, 09:03 PM
I now have children......

When can I buy a car?

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 09:04 PM
When can I buy a car?

When Popeye loses his Pipe